View Full Version : You guys, the Clippers only lost to HOU b/c they weren't trying & refs screwed them

JohnnyMax
10-06-2015, 10:42 AM
Rivers says his team didn't take Houston seriously. He had to repeat himself in film sessions and walk-throughs. "San Antonio got our full attention," Rivers says. "The Rockets, for whatever reason, didn't." Rivers praises Houston for rallying, but he remembers every Clippers mistake and every perceived injustice from the officials in alarming detail.

Some players, damningly, agree with Rivers’s claim that they didn’t grant Houston enough respect. “We weren’t on guard against Houston,” says Jamal Crawford. “We never thought we could lose three in a row to them.”

Rivers agrees. “You need luck in the West,” he says. “Look at Golden State. They didn’t have to play us or the Spurs. But that’s also a lesson for us: When you have a chance to close, you have to do it.”

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-edge-of-glory-will-the-clippers-make-the-leap-or-hit-reset/

BillMc
10-06-2015, 10:47 AM
If they didn't take them seriously, then they didn't deserve to be champs.

HarlemHeat37
10-06-2015, 10:51 AM
Tom Rivers is probably the biggest snake in the NBA, as I've been saying for years, and you won't find anybody that makes more excuses, tbh..he blamed the series loss vs. OKC on Donald Sterling:lol..

Rivers is the most unlikable person on a team with Chris Paul and Blake Griffin, quite the feat..

Trainwreck2100
10-06-2015, 10:58 AM
I remember in the post conference after the spurs series he said that they could extend the bench now that they weren't playing the spurs

hater
10-06-2015, 11:48 AM
:lmao the Rockets.

They are pretty much the punching bag of the entire league :lol

testies
10-06-2015, 11:52 AM
Moon face got thoroughly outcoached by him

RD2191
10-06-2015, 11:54 AM
Moon face got thoroughly outcoached by him

Still can't believe Pop didn't bench porker. Not to mention Rivers skullfucking Patty while Cojo was wasting away on the bench.

dbestpro
10-06-2015, 12:02 PM
Clippers still trying to whine their way to a championship. I guess they figure if they cry enough someone will give them a trophy.

K...
10-06-2015, 12:30 PM
Could anyone imagine what these clippers would look like with prime Phil Jackson coaching? I mean, cp3, Blake is a poor mans Kobe, Shaq, but not too far off. Doc is trying ego management so hard, and he's just not great about it.

DarrinS
10-06-2015, 12:40 PM
Could anyone imagine what these clippers would look like with prime Phil Jackson coaching? I mean, cp3, Blake is a poor mans Kobe, Shaq, but not too far off. Doc is trying ego management so hard, and he's just not great about it.

????

TheGreatYacht
10-06-2015, 12:40 PM
Biggest excuse maker in the game, tbh.. The Mourinho of basketball :lol

http://youtu.be/fMGnTDi1Io0

He also blamed the refs against the Spurs, and started the excuse with "C'mon guys, you know I don't like to make excuses but...."

All being said, he still out coached Pop. His refusal to keep feeding Beli when he was on fire, his stubbornness to keep hacking Jordan cost us 1-2 games, making Kawhi the first option on offense, he had a timeout left when the clock keeper fucked up on the Kawhi lob and decided to run the same play... etc.

HarlemHeat37
10-06-2015, 12:44 PM

:lol stop..

TheDoctor
10-06-2015, 12:48 PM
I’m already in the "grab the popcorn, the trainwreck’s on" kind of mindset with those whiny f*ckers.

SsKSpurs21
10-06-2015, 01:26 PM
Tom Rivers is probably the biggest snake in the NBA, as I've been saying for years, and you won't find anybody that makes more excuses, tbh..he blamed the series loss vs. OKC on Donald Sterling:lol..

Rivers is the most unlikable person on a team with Chris Paul and Blake Griffin, quite the feat..

Tom Rivers! hahahaha that was funny lol

TheDoctor
10-06-2015, 01:31 PM

Well when you put it like that, I am looking forward to the potential turmoil that can ensue from that roster with all the egos there, and since Tom Rivers pretty much burned all his assets, they could be fucked.

BillMc
10-06-2015, 01:33 PM
I’m already in the "grab the popcorn, the trainwreck’s on" kind of mindset with those whiny f*ckers.
+1

timtonymanu
10-06-2015, 02:38 PM
Ugh can't believe the Spurs allowed themselves to lose to this prima donna.

Clipper Nation
10-06-2015, 03:17 PM
This team's going nowhere as long as the Head Excuse-Maker In Charge is still employed... and the NBA's other fat choke artist PG (besides Enrique), for that matter. Cock Quitters is the black Mack Brown.

Clipper Nation
10-06-2015, 03:18 PM
I mean, cp3, Blake is a poor mans Kobe, Shaq, but not too far off.

:lol Porker fellators' basketball takes

hater
10-06-2015, 03:19 PM
Ugh can't believe the Spurs allowed themselves to lose to this prima donna.

thus my thread "I refuse to believe we can lose to these chokers" I created that before the series :cry

ceperez
10-06-2015, 04:16 PM
Rivers says his team didn't take Houston seriously. He had to repeat himself in film sessions and walk-throughs. "San Antonio got our full attention," Rivers says. "The Rockets, for whatever reason, didn't." Rivers praises Houston for rallying, but he remembers every Clippers mistake and every perceived injustice from the officials in alarming detail.

Some players, damningly, agree with Rivers’s claim that they didn’t grant Houston enough respect. “We weren’t on guard against Houston,” says Jamal Crawford. “We never thought we could lose three in a row to them.”

Rivers agrees. “You need luck in the West,” he says. “Look at Golden State. They didn’t have to play us or the Spurs. But that’s also a lesson for us: When you have a chance to close, you have to do it.”

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-edge-of-glory-will-the-clippers-make-the-leap-or-hit-reset/

Disagree with Rivers take.... Clippers ran out of gas. Same reason why Spurs lost against Clippers, Spurs ran out of gas. Pop was right went he said that the team was pretty much spent.

SAGirl
10-06-2015, 04:36 PM
I feel like in this kind of absolute meltdown they suffered to Houston, if you make excuses, you don't learn a thing. You have to admit where you fu**ed up, own it, then get better and if you did not take your opponent seriously, what the heck were you doing in the WCF anyway?

Aztecfan03
10-06-2015, 04:43 PM
????
he worded it poorly. he meant cp3 and blake are a poor man's kobe and shaq. still ????, though.

Kool Bob Love
10-06-2015, 04:46 PM
Who would have thought Matt fucking Barnes would be the diffrents. :pctoss

Beaverfuzz
10-06-2015, 05:01 PM
Fuck the Rockets.

Brian Windhorst
10-06-2015, 07:55 PM
I mean they probably didn't take the Rockets seriously enough. Literally nobody gave the Rockets a chance, for all of the reasons that the Clippers went up 3-1. They probably just checked out at that point, it's not beyond the realm of possibility. By all means, they should've won that series and then gotten pounded by the Warriors.

Mikeanaro
10-06-2015, 08:05 PM
0/10