PDA

View Full Version : Clippers You guys, the Clippers only lost to HOU b/c they weren't trying & refs screwed them

JohnnyMax
10-06-2015, 10:44 AM
Rivers says his team didn't take Houston seriously. He had to repeat himself in film sessions and walk-throughs. "San Antonio got our full attention," Rivers says. "The Rockets, for whatever reason, didn't." Rivers praises Houston for rallying, but he remembers every Clippers mistake and every perceived injustice from the officials in alarming detail.

Some players, damningly, agree with Rivers’s claim that they didn’t grant Houston enough respect. “We weren’t on guard against Houston,” says Jamal Crawford. “We never thought we could lose three in a row to them.”

Rivers agrees. “You need luck in the West,” he says. “Look at Golden State. They didn’t have to play us or the Spurs. But that’s also a lesson for us: When you have a chance to close, you have to do it.”

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-edge-of-glory-will-the-clippers-make-the-leap-or-hit-reset/

djohn2oo8
10-06-2015, 12:15 PM
Doc salty he lost TWO series after being up 3-1

Killakobe81
10-06-2015, 12:20 PM
Rivers says his team didn't take Houston seriously. He had to repeat himself in film sessions and walk-throughs. "San Antonio got our full attention," Rivers says. "The Rockets, for whatever reason, didn't." Rivers praises Houston for rallying, but he remembers every Clippers mistake and every perceived injustice from the officials in alarming detail.

Some players, damningly, agree with Rivers’s claim that they didn’t grant Houston enough respect. “We weren’t on guard against Houston,” says Jamal Crawford. “We never thought we could lose three in a row to them.”

Rivers agrees. “You need luck in the West,” he says. “Look at Golden State. They didn’t have to play us or the Spurs. But that’s also a lesson for us: When you have a chance to close, you have to do it.”

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-edge-of-glory-will-the-clippers-make-the-leap-or-hit-reset/

So basically, they are a bunch of unprofessional bitches.

daslicer
10-06-2015, 12:24 PM
Rivers is a terrible coach that will be using the ref card as a weapon after every game his team loses in the playoffs. I read some where that every time he gets fined for complaining about the refs that the Clippers will pay for it. It's a similar set up Phil Jackson had with the Lakers when it came to bitching about the refs.

Killakobe81
10-06-2015, 12:42 PM
Rivers is a terrible coach that will be using the ref card as a weapon after every game his team loses in the playoffs. I read some where that every time he gets fined for complaining about the refs that the Clippers will pay for it. It's a similar set up Phil Jackson had with the Lakers when it came to bitching about the refs.

One of the things I dint like about PJ ... but it worked.

Red Hawk #21
10-06-2015, 02:28 PM

All he does is bitch about the refs. Just look at all the talent they have this year. If they fuck up expect him to use the ref card yet again.

djohn2oo8
10-06-2015, 02:29 PM
So basically, they are a bunch of unprofessional bitches.

Yup. Doc will find any reason to blame the refs though his team got doo doo fucked by Josh Smith and Corey Brewer in a quarter and a half.

The Franchise
10-06-2015, 02:42 PM
He and his team admitting that they are nothing but a collection of fuck ups.

timtonymanu
10-06-2015, 02:45 PM
Loser talk, tbh. Nothing new out of Cock Quitters.

Clipper Nation
10-06-2015, 03:28 PM
As I said in the upstairs version of the thread, Cock Quitters is the NBA version of Mack Brown. An overpaid loser with one fluke championship and a lifetime of excuses and underachieving. I fully expect to see him handing out orange slices and juice boxes on the sidelines during this year's second-round exit. Then he'll start crying about how "choking is a problem in America right now." And, of course, we have our very own version of Cart McCry in Austin Rivers.

This franchise is going nowhere as long as Quitters and Choke Paul have its balls in a vice grip.

Caltex2
10-06-2015, 04:24 PM

Is that how they're framing choking these days (and I hate using the -c- word)? That series came down to one game. One game alone. One quarter most specifically.

That said, both teams blew a game they should have won, Game 1 & 6 respectively, so it all evened out. Stop complaining about the officials, they had the conference finals handed to them on a silver platter with 14 minutes to go at home and a 19-point lead against an undisciplined team that they dominated for most of the series to that point.

I'm still trying to figure out how that Rockets team made the conference finals and even had a chance to beat the Warriors in 4 out of 5 games. They didn't have the heart and effort of the '08 and '09 teams.

DeRozan m8
10-07-2015, 01:27 AM
John Max, do you just go forum to forum copying and pasting the same new threads?

DeRozan m8
10-07-2015, 01:28 AM
John Max, do you just go forum to forum copying and pasting the same new threads?

Also, why are you ATL here and GS elsewhere?

Dodgy AF

Mark Celibate
10-07-2015, 07:28 AM
Rivers doesn't take the Lockets seriously, nor does anyone else tbh.

Double-Up
10-07-2015, 07:44 AM
Rivers doesn't take the Lockets seriously, nor does anyone else tbh.

Damn Rogue what the fuck happened to you? Lockets??...you can't do better than that? :lol

djohn2oo8
10-10-2015, 05:45 PM
652909720768897024:lol Doc

djohn2oo8
10-10-2015, 05:48 PM

djohn2oo8
10-10-2015, 05:50 PM

spurraider21
10-10-2015, 06:24 PM
:lmao

Clipper Nation
10-10-2015, 06:24 PM
Cock Quitters is a joke. Again, the fact that he's making excuses shows that he's refusing to change anything about his approach and will get us sent packing in round 2 again.

LkrFan
10-10-2015, 06:28 PM
652577795067920384:lol

TheGreatYacht
10-10-2015, 06:38 PM
Fag brother must've forgot he choked a 16pt lead in under 3 minutes to the Spurs.

Kerr talking about the pressure is on Pop, Draymond talking all that shit even though he's a role player, Curry shaking teammates hands before his shot even goes down, now this.... Nothing I want more in this world than seeing the Spurs end these clowns in a sweep and sending their bandwagon fans crying to their Drake albums and Lin jerseys

Fireball
10-11-2015, 02:30 AM
looks like the Clippers screwed themselves wither their new players ... just watching the game in China and it makes me happy to watch either Stephenson or Smith shaking their head/lowering their shoulders/muttering to themselves because one of them took a bad shot and the other one thinks ... well that should have been my bad shot :lol

Caltex2
10-11-2015, 04:44 AM
Fag brother must've forgot he choked a 16pt lead in under 3 minutes to the Spurs.

Kerr talking about the pressure is on Pop, Draymond talking all that shit even though he's a role player, Curry shaking teammates hands before his shot even goes down, now this.... Nothing I want more in this world than seeing the Spurs end these clowns in a sweep and sending their bandwagon fans crying to their Drake albums and Lin jerseys

But the Spurs can't handle their business in any given year after they win a title. If not for the NBA's seeding policy, the Spurs would have played (and beaten) the Grizzlies and then probably beaten the Warriors in 6, then probably manhandled an undisciplined Rockets team in 4 or 5 before taking out LeBron yet again. Unfortunately they got their worst matchup and in the first round with home court advantage making the ultimate difference. Oh well, they'd have had the 2-seed if they beat the Pelicans on the last day of the season. :downspin:

Pelicans78
10-11-2015, 07:34 AM
Nah, what killed the Spurs were getting their asses kicked by the Pelicans in the regular season finale costing them the second seed.

Pelicans78
10-11-2015, 07:36 AM
Back to Cock Rivers, it's obvious where his son gets his sense of entitlement.