PDA

View Full Version : POP: "I like to think about respect, camaraderie and empathy more than chemistry,"

SsKSpurs21
10-06-2015, 03:04 PM
"I like to think about respect, camaraderie and empathy more than chemistry," Popovich said. "It's kind of weird. I hated chemistry in high school and college. You want players to be able to feel responsible for each other and respect each other. That allows them to play for one another. So a lot of that depends on their character coming in, initially.

"I think as coaches, we can do things. We can create an environment off the court, on the court, with the things we do away from basketball to help get them to know each other better. We all know: You know somebody better, it's hard to be angry or start to hate someone. Most hate comes out of fear or ignorance. So the more familiar they are with each other, the more likely they are going to get along."

Danny Green on the second unit:

"We've done a good amount of playing together, scrimmaging, pickup," starting guard Danny Green said. "But we definitely do need some game time. It's coming together more each day. Second unit is looking really good. We don't know who the first and second unit is as of yet. But the second unit right now that we're playing against is really good. They've got their chemistry down probably better than the first unit."

more insight on how the second unit is doing in this article:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nba/post/_/id/9402/spurs-second-unit-passing-early-chemistry-test

SAGirl
10-06-2015, 03:11 PM
"I like to think about respect, camaraderie and empathy more than chemistry," Popovich said. "It's kind of weird. I hated chemistry in high school and college. You want players to be able to feel responsible for each other and respect each other. That allows them to play for one another. So a lot of that depends on their character coming in, initially.

"I think as coaches, we can do things. We can create an environment off the court, on the court, with the things we do away from basketball to help get them to know each other better. We all know: You know somebody better, it's hard to be angry or start to hate someone. Most hate comes out of fear or ignorance. So the more familiar they are with each other, the more likely they are going to get along."

Danny Green on the second unit:

"We've done a good amount of playing together, scrimmaging, pickup," starting guard Danny Green said. "But we definitely do need some game time. It's coming together more each day. Second unit is looking really good. We don't know who the first and second unit is as of yet. But the second unit right now that we're playing against is really good. They've got their chemistry down probably better than the first unit."

more insight on how the second unit is doing in this article:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nba/post/_/id/9402/spurs-second-unit-passing-early-chemistry-test
:flag: :tu

Splits
10-06-2015, 03:13 PM
Most hate comes out of fear or ignorance.

Feel the Birn

FromWayDowntown
10-06-2015, 03:27 PM
Pop and his political agendas at work again.

ChumpDumper
10-06-2015, 03:37 PM
That's John Carlos talking, dammit!:madrun