PDA

View Full Version : Would You Want Danny Ferry to Return to the Spurs' Front Office?

BillMc
10-07-2015, 08:38 PM
Listening recently to the Lowe Post on Danny Ferry's situation, I began to wonder. Would you forgive his transgression and want him back in the Spurs' Front Office? On one side, what he said was inexcusable. On the other side, he's a gifted talent assessor, he's paid for his sins, and he does have a right to make a living.

Would you welcome Danny Ferry back? And, if so, in what capacity?

Robz4000
10-07-2015, 08:40 PM
I'd be fine with it. He helped guide Green to the Spurs, after all.

10-07-2015, 08:41 PM
I'm not sure what position but I would have no issue bringing him back.

Birn
10-07-2015, 08:42 PM
I would definitely bring him over. He did nothing wrong and doesn't have to apologize for anything. He's a good man.

HI-FI
10-07-2015, 08:49 PM
Tough call for Pop. He values loyalty but doesn't want to sin against Church of Tolerance.
personally I don't think Ferry did anything bad. Bring him back.

Silver&Black
10-07-2015, 08:56 PM
I'll allow it...

What Donald Sterling did was "inexcusable" OP. What Danny Ferry did wasn't on that level at all. I'd welcome him back with open arms tbh.

Would it be a big deal if a scouting report on a German player said, "He's got some German in him"?

Old School 44
10-07-2015, 09:29 PM
I don't really care one way or the other. If a position is considered by the front office, I trust Pop and RC to make the right decision in the best interest of the team.

Uriel
10-07-2015, 09:33 PM
I'll allow it...

What Donald Sterling did was "inexcusable" OP. What Danny Ferry did wasn't on that level at all. I'd welcome him back with open arms tbh.

Would it be a big deal if a scouting report on a German player said, "He's got some German in him"?
Agreed.

Racism is abhorrent in all its forms. But there's a difference between the Ferry incident, where he was quoted out of context, and the Sterling incident, which was just plain bigotry. The NBA was particularly sensitive to racial issues during this time because of the Sterling incident, and Ferry was merely caught in the crossfire.

He's consulted with civil rights leaders and is genuinely sorry for his actions. He deserves a second chance.

HarlemHeat37
10-07-2015, 09:58 PM
Sure, IIRC, he was just reading a scouting report..exaggeration following the Sterling issue, as Uriel said..

As a Black man, I found Donald Sterling's backlash and punishment to be pretty stupid, as well, although it was obvious that the other owners and the commish wanted him out and would have taken any opportunity to do it:lol..

hsxvvd
10-07-2015, 10:03 PM
http://images.complex.com/complex/image/upload/t_article_image/xty2fbspsaolv63lbii9.jpg

Looks like Ferry has had "some African" in him too.

spursistan
10-07-2015, 10:08 PM
It does seem like Bud didn't stick up for him out there and may have sneakily used the episode for power grab purposes :lol That's fucking cold after Danny role in convincing ownership to hire him ..

HarlemHeat37
10-07-2015, 10:09 PM
It does seem like Bud didn't stick up for him out there and may have sneakily used the episode for power grab purposes :lol

:lol the Ferry scandal got Bud a promotion + diverted attention from Bud getting a DUI IIRC..

K...
10-07-2015, 10:24 PM
It does seem like Bud didn't stick up for him out there and may have sneakily used the episode for power grab purposes :lol That's fucking cold after Danny role in convincing ownership to hire him ..

I don't think bud had any option. Basically what was the alternative? There was no way ferry was going to stay in Atlanta,, it suits have ruined the season, and a first year coach isn't going out maneuver a long time owner. Ferry has only been fired since July this summer. If he's still unemployed next year opening day, it means he's blacklisted. Otherwise expect him to quietly return to the NBA soon.

Chinook
10-08-2015, 06:31 AM
Yes. It wouldn't matter to me at all. He doesn't have to apologize for what he said just because some SJW overheard it and got butthurt. People who actually know him have had no issue standing up for him. That tells me a lot more about Ferry's personality than any number of hashtags or clickbait articles ever could.

Spursmania
10-08-2015, 06:52 AM
GMAFB, of course he should be welcome back. PC police needs to take a break it's getting stale af.

.G.
10-08-2015, 06:54 AM
Welcome back the crazy bald head.

MarCowMar
10-08-2015, 10:18 AM
There's a huge grey area of racism between a baby that has none and your local racial supremacist. Everyone has a little bit, whether they admit it or not. Our brains are wired to categorize objects and archive experiences, and we can't just flip a switch and remove all racial information from our brains at will. Danny said something stupid and degrading and he is undergoing the consequences of that.

If Pop knows him to be a good person it could happen. If not, it's a good excuse to keep our distance. Pop did pick up Carlesimo and Quinn Snyder under similar circumstances.

Biernutz
10-08-2015, 11:58 AM
I'm good with him coming back...