PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi is the exact opposite of a Spurs player benefiting from the system.

apalisoc_9
10-07-2015, 09:39 PM
Now let me first just say that he did benefit a lot from great coaching and great teammate support. I will never ever forget Manu directing the ball to kawhi three years ago against Houston. It was the first time I saw one of his teammates, legitimately look for him on offense. Slowly, Tim followed and then patty, danny, Boris and the rest of the guys not named Parker followed suit in 2015.

But At this point of his career, and at his current game..The system limits more than it helps his game...He might have been lead to believe he'll achieve his ambition here, maybe he will...But Leonard is a very ambitious kid...He wants to be one of the best ever.

Pop just really has no idea how to handle SF...kawhi largely scores out of ISO and freestyle and sadly will always do at this system..But who knows, his game will age well. Who knows what he does after his contract when he turns 29..at his optimum prime.

Spurtacular
10-07-2015, 09:41 PM
You're gonna make your other lovers, Anthony Davis and Steph Curry jealous.

jehawk81
10-07-2015, 10:07 PM
Now let me first just say that he did benefit a lot from great coaching and great teammate support. I will never ever forget Manu directing the ball to kawhi three years ago against Houston. It was the first time I saw one of his teammates, legitimately look for him on offense. Slowly, Tim followed and then patty, danny, Boris and the rest of the guys not named Parker followed suit in 2015.

But At this point of his career, and at his current game..The system limits more than it helps his game...He might have been lead to believe he'll achieve his ambition here, maybe he will...But Leonard is a very ambitious kid...He wants to be one of the best ever.

Pop just really has no idea how to handle SF...kawhi largely scores out of ISO and freestyle and sadly will always do at this system..But who knows, his game will age well. Who knows what he does after his contract when he turns 29..at his optimum prime.

Dude... stop making threads

Nathan89
10-07-2015, 10:12 PM
His efficiency is increased by the system.

HarlemHeat37
10-07-2015, 10:13 PM
It's true, but there's an aura around the "system" that typically undervalues most of the Spurs players, including on ST..

Kidd K
10-08-2015, 12:06 AM
It "limits him"? More like his skillset is limited.

His shooting percentages are all better because he's on the Spurs and playing in said system. Yeah, he could have higher PPG on a shittier team. . .as would every other Spur. Along with crappier efficiency.

Spurs Leonard is the best Leonard you're gonna see.

apalisoc_9
10-08-2015, 12:09 AM
Kidd K making an argument opposite of the OP makes the OP correct, IMO.

The guy has literally never made a correct prediction or evaluation of a player :lol

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-08-2015, 07:36 PM
Without the system, Kawhi would not have developed into what he is. Get real.