PDA

View Full Version : Senate Democrats Unveil Sweeping Gun Control Proposal

TheSanityAnnex
10-08-2015, 05:21 PM
Sounds good to me on the surface, haven't read the exact details yet though so TBD. If they'd start enforcing the laws on the books already it'd also be a nice start.

Common sense out of a D finally.

Joe Manchin, D-West Va., told Morning Joe on Thursday that his legislation made sense after Sandy Hook, and it "makes sense now." "If we're going to protect the rights of law-abiding gun owners, then we've got to stand up as law-abiding gun owners," he said, adding that Democrats had sometimes "gone way too far … on things they've wanted to ban," but that gun reform was "common sense."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/senate-democrats-unveil-sweeping-gun-control-legislation-n440781

boutons_deux
10-08-2015, 06:43 PM
and at least repeal this blatant bullshit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiahrt_Amendment

boutons_deux
10-08-2015, 07:05 PM
my prediction, iron-clad as ever: Repugs will block all new gun regulations, will work to loosen all existing gun regulations.

angrydude
10-08-2015, 07:14 PM
"common sense" in political speech means "not thought through"

m>s
10-08-2015, 09:26 PM
These fuckers should actually
do something useful instead of attacking their own people 24/7. Why not defeat Isis? Create jobs? No, all they want to do is fuck around with my second amendment and start some
shit. Worthless fucks.

ElNono
10-08-2015, 11:51 PM
These fuckers should actually
do something useful instead of attacking their own people 24/7. Why not defeat Isis? Create jobs? No, all they want to do is fuck around with my second amendment and start some
shit. Worthless fucks.

Wait, let's vote to repeal Obummercare for the 273982731289312 time!

Wild Cobra
10-09-2015, 12:11 AM
I wonder what the liberal response would be if the article as about "Senate Democrats Unveil Sweeping Free Speech Proposal" and wanted to regulate speech?

ElNono
10-09-2015, 12:32 AM
I wonder what the liberal response would be if the article as about "Senate Democrats Unveil Sweeping Free Speech Proposal" and wanted to regulate speech?

What about it? It's not like free speech isn't without it's share of regulations already. The idea that constitutional rights are completely exempt from regulation is incorrect.

The first amendment has regulations that limit it, in cases like yelling "Fire" in a crowd, or in school settings.
The SCOTUS has stated that the second amendment isn't immune to regulation, and as a matter of fact it's actively regulated, for example, by requiring firearm permits.
The fourth amendment also has it's share of regulations, including the border search exception to it's warrant requirement.

Clipper Nation
10-09-2015, 01:00 AM
Libs would celebrate. They hate free speech. See: the feminists who went crying to the UN recently because they got negative feedback on their YouTube videos, advocating for Internet censorship. Or all the left-wing hugboxes that are now getting rid of their comments sections because God forbid any of their readers get exposed to "wrongthink."

Winehole23
10-09-2015, 03:00 AM
or exposed to obnoxious jerks like you.

are you sad your comment got deleted in a left-wing hugbox?:cry

Bender
10-09-2015, 06:48 AM
some of them, especially hillary, want liability for the manufacturers. she always has.

"This gun was used in a crime, let's sue the manufacturer!"

CosmicCowboy
10-09-2015, 07:20 AM
None of these new proposed laws would have stopped any of the mass shootings. Anyone contemplating murder/murders (already first degree felonies) is not going to be deterred by misdemeanor gun possession laws.

Splits
10-09-2015, 08:17 AM
Pussies.

boutons_deux
10-09-2015, 08:20 AM
None of these new proposed laws would have stopped any of the mass shootings. Anyone contemplating murder/murders (already first degree felonies) is not going to be deterred by misdemeanor gun possession laws.

therefore, pass no gun regulations, don't enforce any gun regulations, and roll back any gun regulations

2nd Amendment, bitches!

boutons_deux
10-09-2015, 08:22 AM
40 Percent Of Americans Know Someone Who Was Killed With A GunBlack Americans are especially likely to know someone who was fatally shothttp://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/scalefit_630_noupscale/5616c9181400002a00c79811.png

http://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/scalefit_630_noupscale/5616c24e1400002200c797f8.png

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/americans-know-gun-violence-victims_56169834e4b0e66ad4c6bd2b

the white supremacist/NRA/GOA/rightwingnut strategy of letting guns flow to blacks so blacks can kill blacks has been, continues to be brilliantly successful

boutons_deux
10-09-2015, 01:47 PM
It Took Me Two Hours to Get My Hands on an AK-47. Welcome to America

It's shockingly easy to get instruments of death

It’s not hard to get your hands on illegal guns and rifles in America. It took me about two hours. I called a guy from the old neighborhood in LA, said something about a “piece”, and, hours later, I was staring at an AK-47 and an illegally modified AR-15, which were sitting on a kitchen table. Welcome to America.

Admittedly, he was surprised at my interest in being strapped since it’s been a good minute since I was about the life, but when I explained I was simply curious to see how long it’d take for me to get a gat, he agreed to the idea. He had some handguns, too, he said, although I didn’t see ‘em. I took his word for it after seeing the AK-47 and AR-15, because those weapons leave an impression.

Some of the weapons were smuggled in, while others were bought on the up and up – waiting period and all. Moving them is not his thing; he collects, and, on occasion, heads out to the desert with others to shoot. If I needed something, we could talk to another homie and with a few hundred dollars out of pocket, I’d be set. I passed on the opportunity.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/it-took-me-two-hours-get-my-hands-ak-47-welcome-america

SpursforSix
10-09-2015, 01:59 PM
therefore, pass no gun regulations, don't enforce any gun regulations, and roll back any gun regulations

2nd Amendment, bitches!

I like your thinking Magoo. I'm with ya on this one.

Clipper Nation
10-09-2015, 02:19 PM
:cryr exp:crysed t:cry :crybn:cryxi:cryus jerks like y:cryu.
:lol Faggot

Winehole23
10-09-2015, 03:11 PM
you're free to be an asshole and other sites are free to delete your asinine comments. calling it censorship is grandiose.

Splits
10-09-2015, 05:41 PM
What about it? It's not like free speech isn't without it's share of regulations already. The idea that constitutional rights are completely exempt from regulation is incorrect.

The first amendment has regulations that limit it, in cases like yelling "Fire" in a crowd, or in school settings.
The SCOTUS has stated that the second amendment isn't immune to regulation, and as a matter of fact it's actively regulated, for example, by requiring firearm permits.
The fourth amendment also has it's share of regulations, including the border search exception to it's warrant requirement.

Not to mention, the very first three words of the sacrosanct 2nd Amendment are "A well regulated..."

Apparently that's written in invisible ink to the gun nuts.

Winehole23
10-10-2015, 02:30 AM
people forget that a well regulated militia meant not only that guns were registered with the authorites, but inspected by them. "the right to bear arms" was a phrase with mainly military significance. it went with military responsibilities.

The doctrine of Heller, the fundamental right to possess firearms, is a judicial novelty.

boutons_deux
10-10-2015, 04:26 AM
Heller 5-4, and guess who the 5 were? Heller was a VRWC project, from Cato Inst. then Heller (sponsored by NRA) was the same 5

The Second Amendment’s Fake History
https://consortiumnews.com/2015/10/07/the-second-amendments-fake-history/