PDA

View Full Version : Murica is at it again...Campus shooting

.G.
10-09-2015, 05:48 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/deadly-shooting-reported-northern-arizona-universitys-flagstaff-campus/story?id=34363113

1 dead 3 wounded

DJR210
10-09-2015, 07:12 AM
:lol when will we realize we're fueling these shootings by covering them in the media? If the media would ignore this shit and stop making these people pop culture icons, they would have no reason to do it.

hater
10-09-2015, 08:42 AM
CNN and other media has stopped reporting these :lmao

hater
10-09-2015, 08:44 AM
:lol when will we realize we're fueling these shootings by covering them in the media? If the media would ignore this shit and stop making these people pop culture icons, they would have no reason to do it.

Disagree. In the past maybe.

In this internet and twitter age. Media is not needed anymore.

DJR210
10-09-2015, 08:55 AM

In this internet and twitter age. Media is not needed anymore.

It doesn't matter the medium, don't cover it. The mainstream media sensationalizes this shit and every socially awkward nutcase is looking to get their 15 minutes of fame now.

Of course you're still gonna be able to find the news somewhere, but if this shit wasn't glorified on all the main outlets these weirdos wouldn't have a place to be popular for their 15 minutes.

lefty
10-09-2015, 08:58 AM
:cry b...but ISIS are terrerists
:cry muricans are not terrerists

DJR210
10-09-2015, 08:59 AM
Also.. :lol at the school.. Classes will continue today. That's how fucking stupid this country has become.. Scrape the victims off the ground and go on with the school day

Oh, Gee!!
10-09-2015, 09:06 AM
sounds more like straight-up murder, not some loon looking for attention

Robz4000
10-09-2015, 11:34 AM
Shit sucks. My buddy went to NAU and was part of Delta Chi; knew the victims.

JMarkJohns
10-09-2015, 12:05 PM
It's been a weird nine months. It had been almost a decade without a straight up murder in the community. Then last Christmas a police officer was shot to death responding to a domestic violence call, with the shooter then committing suicide right after. Last month a former art lecturer ran off with a student and committed Murder/Suicide together. Now this.

spurraider21
10-09-2015, 12:22 PM
they do realize it. media loves it because they get $

ChumpDumper
10-09-2015, 12:24 PM
The media just gives people what they want.

spurraider21
10-09-2015, 01:16 PM
yeah and people want dramatized, sensationalized stories

Kool Bob Love
10-09-2015, 01:34 PM
It doesn't matter the medium, don't cover it. The mainstream media sensationalizes this shit and every socially awkward nutcase is looking to get their 15 minutes of fame now.

Of course you're still gonna be able to find the news somewhere, but if this shit wasn't glorified on all the main outlets these weirdos wouldn't have a place to be popular for their 15 minutes.

you sound like a big pussy. :cry Don't cover the news plz stop I'm scared :cry. Pussy.

DJR210
10-09-2015, 01:44 PM
you sound like a big pussy. :cry Don't cover the news plz stop I'm scared :cry. Pussy.

:lol What would I have to be scared of? Again, you begging for my attention. Let my dick breathe

DAF86
10-09-2015, 02:03 PM

Yeah, that makes a lot more sense than making it harder for dumbasses to get guns.

Clipper Nation
10-09-2015, 02:20 PM
Which shithole country do you live in, OP?

Chris
10-09-2015, 03:57 PM
The media just gives people what they want.

Now you're talking some sense.

HarlemHeat37
10-09-2015, 04:34 PM
Yeah, that makes a lot more sense than making it harder for dumbasses to get guns.

You really think they could completely stop people from getting guns, tbh?

Spurminator
10-09-2015, 04:44 PM
There is no law on the books that has a 100% successful prevention rate.

Xevious
10-09-2015, 05:52 PM
Great. More of the Dems saying "this is why we need gun control" and Repubs saying "if the victims had only been armed" bullshit. Fuck the victims... let's see how we can use this to our political advantage.

K...
10-09-2015, 09:32 PM
I really get pissed when people say "don't talk about shooting it's fueling copy cats" they are right from what I've read.

But this pits my right to information over your right to have guns. Do you really want to endorse media and thought control because we can't reduce guns in America? Fuck that. Give up your gun.

Repeal the second amendment. Grandfather everyone with a gun over the age of 18. allow young people to use guns only when sponsored by an adult or for military/police reasons. Reinstate the draft and require the population to actually learn about guns in the proper context, national defense.

The goal is to reduce the #of non hunting guns over the next 20, years. It's just so dumb. A gun is a tool like a shovel. Do we need a confrontational right to a shovel? No. So we don't a gun amendment.

DJR210
10-09-2015, 11:34 PM
I really get pissed when people say "don't talk about shooting it's fueling copy cats" they are right from what I've read.

Maybe I'm just buzzed, but the way I read it doesn't make sense.. You're mad because it's right?

But this pits my right to information over your right to have guns. Do you really want to endorse media and thought control because we can't reduce guns in America? Fuck that. Give up your gun.

Repeal the second amendment. Grandfather everyone with a gun over the age of 18. allow young people to use guns only when sponsored by an adult or for military/police reasons. Reinstate the draft and require the population to actually learn about guns in the proper context, national defense.

The goal is to reduce the #of non hunting guns over the next 20, years. It's just so dumb. A gun is a tool like a shovel. Do we need a confrontational right to a shovel? No. So we don't a gun amendment.

Fuck giving up a gun, a gun never killed killed anyone. The person holding it pulling the trigger did. Pussy ass people can try and rid the world of the gun, but like HH implied, they're not going anywhere. I am a supporter of guns, and have several, securely, here in my home.

I couldn't imagine some dumb mother fucker or some drug addict intruding in my home one night, and me being at their mercy w/o a gun.. fuck that. These dumb fucks who are shooting up schools are a product of their parents, plain and simple. Any responsible, involved parent will agree, their kid isn't the one shooting anybody. You leave your kid alone with their thoughts in the basement, with their depression and their anxiety, loneliness, whatever, and they are gonna do some fucked up shit one day when shit finally hits the breaking point for them.

These deranged kids all have the same thing in common.. they're socially awkward, loner types. Their whole life they're been nobodies, but for 15 minutes they're somebody. You stop the avenue for them to be somebody - you stop the epidemic, IMHO.

2pac > Kobe
10-09-2015, 11:52 PM
smh white people

Aztecfan03
10-10-2015, 03:27 AM
This happens every day in Chicago. What makes this so special?

boutons_deux
10-10-2015, 05:39 AM
This happens every day in Chicago. What makes this so special?

"mass" slaughters grab the headlines, but numerically, they're insignificant. US averages 90 gun deaths PER DAY.

td4mvp2k
10-10-2015, 07:19 AM

In this internet and twitter age. Media is not needed anymore.dont know what I would do without my manu tweets tbh

CavsSuperFan
10-10-2015, 08:50 AM
Just wait till Hillary is President & she uses Executive Order to take away all of your guns and your silly Robert E Lee Confederate Flags!... Can’t happen soon enough IMHO….:ihit:ihit! :ihit:ihit

Aztecfan03
10-10-2015, 09:32 AM
"mass" slaughters grab the headlines, but numerically, they're insignificant. US averages 90 gun deaths PER DAY.

This case wasn't even a mass slaughter. It was just a fight that happened to be at a school.

DAF86
10-10-2015, 01:24 PM
You really think they could completely stop people from getting guns, tbh?

Nop, that's why I said "making it harder".

TheSanityAnnex
10-10-2015, 01:46 PM
Nop, that's why I said "making it harder".

What are your ideas for "making it harder"?

TheSanityAnnex
10-10-2015, 01:56 PM

Get it started then
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253057&p=8215320#post8215320

DAF86
10-10-2015, 02:07 PM
What are your ideas for "making it harder"?

What every reasonable country in the World does. Gun control.

TheSanityAnnex
10-10-2015, 02:23 PM
What every reasonable country in the World does. Gun control.

We already have that here.

What new laws would prevent these things? Why aren't the laws already on the books heavily enforced?

DAF86
10-10-2015, 03:21 PM
We already have that here.

What new laws would prevent these things? Why aren't the laws already on the books heavily enforced?

I really don't know the specifics of the US's gun control law but it's clear that, wheather it is because of the law itself or the enforcement of said law, it is not very strict.

An instituted buyback program could help.

But I think, mainly, the problem is cultural. Too many people buy into/hide behind the second amendment. I know the constitution was written by brilliant people but those brillitant people thought it was ok to have slaves at some point, tbh.

TheSanityAnnex
10-10-2015, 05:19 PM
I really don't know the specifics of the US's gun control law but it's clear that, wheather it is because of the law itself or the enforcement of said law, it is not very strict.

But I think, mainly, the problem is cultural. Too many people buy into/hide behind the second amendment. I know the constitution was written by brilliant people but those brillitant people thought it was ok to have slaves at some point, tbh.
You admit to not knowing the specifics and then claim it is not very strict. How can you come to such a conclusion?

Aztecfan03
10-10-2015, 09:58 PM

Hasn't done a thing.

DAF86
10-11-2015, 06:08 PM
You admit to not knowing the specifics and then claim it is not very strict. How can you come to such a conclusion?

Because the US is the country with the largest number of guns owned per person on the planet. With a stat like that, you don't need to be an expert to figure out that the gun control policies mustn't be very strict.

Ignignokt
10-13-2015, 12:29 PM
Because the US is the country with the largest number of guns owned per person on the planet. With a stat like that, you don't need to be an expert to figure out that the gun control policies mustn't be very strict.

that could mean that there are a lot of law abiding citizens.

DJR210
10-13-2015, 12:45 PM
Hasn't done a thing.

Australia had one of the largest buybacks and they claim it produced big results

Aztecfan03
10-13-2015, 01:23 PM
Australia had one of the largest buybacks and they claim it produced big results
I'm saying it has already been done here and it hasn't done a thing.

.G.
10-13-2015, 02:18 PM
Michigan woman charged with reckless use of a handgun after firing at vehicle with Home Depot shoplifters. (http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/14/us/woman-in-michigan-charged-after-shooting-at-fleeing-shoplifters.html?module=WatchingPortal&region=c-column-middle-span-region&pgType=Homepage&action=click&mediaId=wide&state=standard&contentPlacement=1&version=internal&contentCollection=www.nytimes.com&contentId=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nytimes.com%2F2015%2F10 %2F14%2Fus%2Fwoman-in-michigan-charged-after-shooting-at-fleeing-shoplifters.html&eventName=Watching-article-click&_r=0)

Wouldn't surprise me if most gun owners daydream of being the heroes that save the day when the bad guys come to town...

-LgEvQuyDxE

TheSanityAnnex
10-13-2015, 04:23 PM

It didn't produce big results. Gun homicide rate there was already trending down. Studies have shown the buy back results were statistically insignificant due to Australia's already low gun homicide rate.

DJR210
10-13-2015, 05:35 PM
Studies have shown the buy back results were statistically insignificant due to Australia's already low gun homicide rate.

Yeah that's what I figured when I saw it was Australia.