PDA

View Full Version : For those that couldn't watch the 1st preseason game...

ElNono
10-10-2015, 11:00 PM
tFiggX2Rp30

apalisoc_9
10-10-2015, 11:02 PM
hnnnng

UNT Eagles 2016
10-10-2015, 11:05 PM
Bruce finally showing off his post game!

Oh– wait, that's not Bruce! Who's that tall lanky guy with all the tattoos in Bruce's jersey?

also, second possession of the game... lol Cousins going for three

apalisoc_9
10-11-2015, 12:38 AM
Watching the game again...

- I'm even more impressed with Butler. He's 34, but he looks like he's still got a good amount of legs. He looks in line with the teams Defense too..

- Patty Mills reputation of not knowing how to run an offense and just being a shooter should be a thing of the past. Patty is seriously good with calling sets and running them.

- Ray is not a terrible defender, but he really struggled with running the offense...He shot the ball well though. Looks more like a combo scoring guard to me.

- Aldridge is really Ok enough as a defender. I don't think the spurs will experience a significant drop in defense with the loss of Splitter..Just gotta hope Aldridge effort in defense is consistent. he put in effort defensively. This is considering he's already a fat slob to begin with..So he should be even better in Regular season when he slims down.

- West really struggled everytime the team tried to Ice the pnp/pnr...His man almost always blows by him and gets an easy attack on the baseline or an easy pass..Not good.

- Fredette is really garbage...just stating this for the 2nd time.

devindixen
10-11-2015, 01:18 AM
A few things to add then...

- Our frontcourt guys are slow. Baynes and Splitter weren't fast, but they always run hard toward the rim. Between West, LMA, and Boban, they just jog back. West and LMA mainly because they're looking more for an open midrange shot I guess. And with that, our bigs are all Pick and Pop guys. We need someone to roll to the basket atleast 50% of the time. I feel like everything was a Pick and Pop and not enough P&R.

- No rim protection. Splitter has quick feet and I think that gets overlooked. He doesn't block shots, but he's usually in the perfect spot to bother the shot. I guess it's not fair to judge LMA and West off one game.. They need time, but I think these are stuffs where we miss Splitter.

- Kawhi didn't seem to work on his P&R game, meaning that we really only have Parker and Manu who can run the P&R. I think for Kawhi to grow with LMA, he needs to be able to run the P&R so they can have a 2 man game.

- Kyle Anderson continues to show he looks better as a stretch PF than a natural SF on defense. And I really want Kyle to have the ball more on his hands.

- LMA needs to learn how to get to the FT line more. Everything seems to be a jumpshot for him.

Othyus Lalanne
10-11-2015, 03:22 AM
It does not matter, i got spoiled on PoundingtheRock because i was not expecting that it would get televised.

DeRozan m8
10-11-2015, 03:56 AM
Bonner with the ice packs lmao

What a selfish ****, he knows he's not fit for NBA.

Tuddy
10-11-2015, 06:00 AM
Danny Greens reverse left hand layup was the highlight for me

ceperez
10-11-2015, 06:35 AM
Boban the Intimidator!

http://giant.gfycat.com/LightGranularAmericanredsquirrel.gif

http://giant.gfycat.com/BestDiscreteAegeancat.gif

http://giant.gfycat.com/AlarmedShallowGibbon.gif

All 3 times, the ball barely hit the rim!!! The angles are just taken away!

Braff
10-11-2015, 07:56 AM
tFiggX2Rp30

Thanks ! :bobo

8FOR!3
10-11-2015, 08:04 AM
Boban wasn't lumbering and slow as I expected. He showed a little quickness in his moves.

Fireball
10-11-2015, 08:12 AM
Kings did not put him in any/much pick and roll situations though ... thats where Timmy has his problems and Boban will as well IMO ...

ducks
10-11-2015, 09:49 AM
Patty ran o against scrubs and in preason

LongtimeSpursFan
10-11-2015, 09:58 AM
tFiggX2Rp30

Thanks.

Gladney to see you
10-11-2015, 10:20 AM
Watching this again, Jimmer gets overanalyzed way too much (good and bad). He didn't shoot well but he wasn't that horrible otherwise, especially, when he plays with the better players to protect him. He Shows way too early on the pick and roll. He has to fight over more than just assume help. You can see other player getting beat and badly. He didn't look like he didn't belong to me. He isn't going to make the team because of all our talent, but I didn't see anything that made me cringe at this point. If that was his worst than I look forward to the next game. DUH DUH DUH DUHHHHHHH! We shall see!

LA will be fine by the way.

We have a really good team.

LongtimeSpursFan
10-11-2015, 11:06 AM
We are finally seeing Andersons full potential. The ball just seems to be a natural extension of his hand. He looks very comfortable handling the rock, distributing and scoring. And his basketball IQ is off the charts. Compared to our starting SF his offensive game is light years ahead. It's a joy to watch Kyle and hope he gets more time on the court this year.

apalisoc_9
10-11-2015, 01:11 PM
do you guys think boban is more develop then say....rookie yao?

Rookie yao was already a star caliber player impact wise.

if Boban is anywhere close to yao..NBA FUKED. :lol

look_at_g_shred
10-11-2015, 01:39 PM
Will tomorrow's game be televised?

ChumpDumper
10-11-2015, 01:58 PM
Will tomorrow's game be televised?Maybe in Florida.

dbestpro
10-11-2015, 03:52 PM
My take away is that Simmons was more bad than shown in the game thread, and Jimmer was not as bad as shown in the game thread. Too many people want him to succeed because he is white. Too many people want him to fail because he is white.

Boban has work to do, particularly in boxing out. LMA has to get in game shape, and it seems like part of the game was designed to help with that. Green played poorly, and would have been in Pop's dog house all game. McCallum has potential, so i expect he will get a lot of the young Parker treatment from Pop. Chemistry between Duncan and LMA will be the most important development. I felt like their were glimpses of the Bruise Brothers with Boban and West.

SeanElliot'sLeftNut
10-11-2015, 04:04 PM
you da real MVP

Silver&Black
10-11-2015, 04:11 PM
Thanks OP...you da man.

DeRozan m8
10-11-2015, 04:27 PM
We are finally seeing Andersons full potential. The ball just seems to be a natural extension of his hand. He looks very comfortable handling the rock, distributing and scoring. And his basketball IQ is off the charts. Compared to our starting SF his offensive game is light years ahead. It's a joy to watch Kyle and hope he gets more time on the court this year.

0/10 troll

TD 21
10-11-2015, 05:19 PM
A few things to add then...

- Our frontcourt guys are slow. Baynes and Splitter weren't fast, but they always run hard toward the rim. Between West, LMA, and Boban, they just jog back. West and LMA mainly because they're looking more for an open midrange shot I guess. And with that, our bigs are all Pick and Pop guys. We need someone to roll to the basket atleast 50% of the time. I feel like everything was a Pick and Pop and not enough P&R.

- No rim protection. Splitter has quick feet and I think that gets overlooked. He doesn't block shots, but he's usually in the perfect spot to bother the shot. I guess it's not fair to judge LMA and West off one game.. They need time, but I think these are stuffs where we miss Splitter.

- Kawhi didn't seem to work on his P&R game, meaning that we really only have Parker and Manu who can run the P&R. I think for Kawhi to grow with LMA, he needs to be able to run the P&R so they can have a 2 man game.

- Kyle Anderson continues to show he looks better as a stretch PF than a natural SF on defense. And I really want Kyle to have the ball more on his hands.

- LMA needs to learn how to get to the FT line more. Everything seems to be a jumpshot for him.

Aldridge and West are as fast as Splitter and Baynes. The reason why the latter two "always run hard toward the rim", is because aside from screening, that's primarily (Splitter is also a good passer) where their value lies on offense.

That being said, the lack of a rolling big to put pressure on the rim, off the bench, is an issue. Even if one or both of Diaw and West coalesce, neither is the type of big and/or explosive target that is going to suck in defenses.

All this talk about a significant drop off defensively is likely wishful thinking from jealous outsiders. Splitter and Aldridge are actually similar types of defenders and though Splitter is better, he also plays far less, something that's consistently overlooked.

The talk about perimeter creators is over done too. Sure, they more than likely lack a lead one, but as far as volume, they're fine.

I've never seen the perception of a team change so much without a game being played or a significant injury. At this point, they're underrated.

Nathan89
10-11-2015, 05:39 PM
A couple of people already mentioned that Jimmer wasn't as bad as many originally thought and I agree with them. His defense wasn't as awful as it first appeared but Boban retreating to the rim on his screens makes the situation look much worse. Ray didn't have the same lack of help so his man didn't have a lot of open area to operate.

Although he didn't score he did have some positives on offense. Like on his wide-open three pointer that was created from the big man jumping out on him which gave LMA a mismatch against a pg. Ultimately that created a double on LMA and a wide open shot but he missed. He drove the ball and missed an easy floater but that led to an easy LMA put back(sure another miss but on both the three and this floater I'm assuming he'll hit often in the future). On another drive he was contested and missed but got the offensive rebound and quickly found an open shooter for 3(simmons missed). Besides that he setup LMA and Boban when he got a chance to ball handle with some screens.

Ray looked uncomfortable with the pressure that Stockton was putting on him. Everyone should really be hoping for a healthy year for Parker.

Spurtacular
10-11-2015, 05:44 PM
1:08:35 to see KL screw up Jimmer's three.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFiggX2Rp30

Spurtacular
10-11-2015, 07:08 PM
:lmao For all the McCallum nut huggers.

1:42:43

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFiggX2Rp30

dabom
10-11-2015, 07:19 PM
Jimmer getting cut. Lol

dabom
10-11-2015, 07:21 PM
Spurtacular should send those to the spurs video guys. Lmao.

SAGirl
10-11-2015, 07:26 PM
A couple of people already mentioned that Jimmer wasn't as bad as many originally thought and I agree with them. His defense wasn't as awful as it first appeared but Boban retreating to the rim on his screens makes the situation look much worse. Ray didn't have the same lack of help so his man didn't have a lot of open area to operate.
Ray really did a number on Stockton and caused deflections and knocked balls loose. In reality the come back that started in the third and went all the way to the fourth was sparked by good defense anchored by Boban, but Ray and Kyle especially were really active with good defense. The stops they got enabled them to get some fastbreaks points or early offense going with defenses on their heels. When Ray sat and Jimmer came in the team could not complete the win. On the one hand Jimmer improperly closed out on shooters, gave up shots, failed to contain his man, fouled Marco in a close out and things of that nature. On the other, he missed shots, passed up shots other guys could have taken due to a slow release, had TO and overall didn't help the team. Williams was also very deficient and not the hustle guy that Butler proved to be and tried to do too much. Butler would play off the ball and off of other guys, Williams felt like he had the talent to make plays as the ballhandler, which he does not.

If you really pay attention to the last quarter you will notice Ray's impact on defense, he was terrific. He forced things at one point offensively when Messina sat Kyle down for a minute. i will agree that Ray's half court offense needs polishing, but he was by far the best defensive guard (better than Simms too).

Spurtacular
10-11-2015, 07:40 PM
A couple of people already mentioned that Jimmer wasn't as bad as many originally thought and I agree with them.

Agreed. It's clear that certain posters here will take any little thing and use that as something against Jimmer. And I myself was biased b/c I was hoping for expecting better things in the first game; and I had said that Jimmer played poorly when that's not really true at all. His shot not going down though. Here's what I had posted in the Jimmer thread just now:

First stint

* Made a three negated by Kawhi's turnover.
* Nice pick n' pop assist to LMA.
* No defensive lapses. Actually played good defense on Rondo for that matter.
* Good pass diagonal pass to Mills in the corner for a three that he didn't take.
* Great drive and floater that he didn't convert; but LMA cleaned it up b/c his man had to help.
* A good hard cut to the basket that LMA could've hit him on; in any event, it made the defense shift and created options at the three for other rotating players. LMA elected to brick a turnaround shot though.
* He created a mismatch for LMA on a quick transition after a made basket; and when Cousins went to double, he received an open three (which is exactly what the Spurs want).
* A hard close on Beli to not allow him an open three.
* Jimmer's thee presence on a post-up isolation prevented a strong side double. He would make a great back cut on the perimeter to get open for the three; LMA did not hit him and instead took Cousins 1v1 and was fouled.
* West committed a turnover on a collapse play that brilliantly left Jimmer open for three. Instead, West forced it. Come regular season, those plays will be hammered out and Jimmer will get the ball in rhythm and hit the bomb.
* Negative +/- very attributable to LMA playing very poorly within the offensive scheme. (LMA was taken out at the same time as Jimmer when RM came in and had a good +/-)

2nd Stint

* Good drive and floater. At the time I thought it was forced; but on the re-watch, I realize he knew he could easily get that shot on the much smaller David Stockton. He just didn't convert.
* Heads up foul on Anderson after he burned the other Anderson to not allow an easy lay-up.
* Good rotation. Anderson made the pass too high, so Jimmer couldn't get the open three off. A good drive; but then it looked like he was indecisive about shooting a floater or kicking to the corner and it was a turnover.
* Great use of the screen by Boban and then a "great" pass to Boban for a would-be dunk that he dropped. Btw, the reports of eye rolls by ST'ers are bunk. He clapped his hands and was muttering to himself. He directed no ill will to Boban though. For all we know, he wished he put the ball a little higher so that the ball couldn't be swatted from the big man's hands.
* Passed up on a good three from the side from KA. Pass was a bit low; but it was Stockton coming late. He should've taken it. But it was early in the shot clock; and those are the kind of 'mess-ups' a coach can live with.
* Missed a corner three. Rushed it, imo. A pump fake for the oncoming Stockton and a step to the side and shot would've been better, imo. But the shot he took was not bad per say.
* Played better defense against Stockton than Ray did, tbh.

Kawhitstorm
10-11-2015, 07:44 PM
Jimmer was not as bad as shown in the game thread. Too many people want him to succeed because he is white. Too many people want him to fail because he is white.

People don't necessarily hate Jimmer they hate his dick riding fans just like the Jeremy Lin fan club. Dude hasn't accomplished squat in the NBA to have people hanging on his nuts. People can't stand Kobe mostly b/c of his dick riding fans not necessarily his game or the color of his skin.

Spurtacular
10-11-2015, 07:54 PM
People don't necessarily hate Jimmer they hate his dick riding fans just like the Jeremy Lin fan club.

How many screen names do you have to dick ride Kawhi, apo?

:lmao

Spurtacular
10-11-2015, 07:59 PM
On the one hand Jimmer improperly closed out on shooters, gave up shots, failed to contain his man, fouled Marco in a close out and things of that nature. On the other, he missed shots, passed up shots other guys could have taken due to a slow release, had TO and overall didn't help the team.

Jimmer played defense by the book on Rondo and kept Stockton in front of him til the last couple possessions. He'll never be great on defense; but the reports of bad defense on ST are fabricated.

On the Marco play, that was a coverage rotation in which he had to sprint out to not allow a wide open three; and he accomplished that. If he fouled to stop a wide open two after the fact, that's not a big deal.

On offense, Jimmer played well; he simply didn't make his shots. I guess any player that is missing his shots isn't helping the team. But if he makes a couple of those shots, then the tone about him is completely different.

rasuo214
10-11-2015, 08:04 PM

Seriously? You're getting as bad as apo with this Jimmer dick riding and the guy will be lucky to make the team. I hope it's because you're a Mormon/BYU fan/alum or in someway related to Jimmer.

Spurtacular
10-11-2015, 08:11 PM
Seriously? You're getting as bad as apo with this Jimmer dick riding and the guy will be lucky to make the team. I hope it's because you're a Mormon/BYU fan/alum or in someway related to Jimmer.

Shut your face.

rasuo214
10-11-2015, 08:28 PM
Shut your face.

Truth hurts. Keep your Jimmer dick slurping in the Jimmer thread.

dabom
10-11-2015, 08:40 PM
You faggot better not be calling anyone who disagrees with you apol. Otherwise make your case faggot.

Kawhitstorm
10-11-2015, 09:06 PM

Considering he's the youngest player EVER to win both DPOY/Finals MVP he deserve to be worshiped by every so called Spurs fan. Jimmer's biggest accomplishment in a Spurs uniform meanwhile is picking up doughnuts for Porker.

benefactor
10-11-2015, 09:08 PM
Agreed. It's clear that certain posters here will take any little thing and use that as something against Jimmer. And I myself was biased b/c I was hoping for expecting better things in the first game; and I had said that Jimmer played poorly when that's not really true at all. His shot not going down though. Here's what I had posted in the Jimmer thread just now:

First stint

* Made a three negated by Kawhi's turnover.
* Nice pick n' pop assist to LMA.
* No defensive lapses. Actually played good defense on Rondo for that matter.
* Good pass diagonal pass to Mills in the corner for a three that he didn't take.
* Great drive and floater that he didn't convert; but LMA cleaned it up b/c his man had to help.
* A good hard cut to the basket that LMA could've hit him on; in any event, it made the defense shift and created options at the three for other rotating players. LMA elected to brick a turnaround shot though.
* He created a mismatch for LMA on a quick transition after a made basket; and when Cousins went to double, he received an open three (which is exactly what the Spurs want).
* A hard close on Beli to not allow him an open three.
* Jimmer's thee presence on a post-up isolation prevented a strong side double. He would make a great back cut on the perimeter to get open for the three; LMA did not hit him and instead took Cousins 1v1 and was fouled.
* West committed a turnover on a collapse play that brilliantly left Jimmer open for three. Instead, West forced it. Come regular season, those plays will be hammered out and Jimmer will get the ball in rhythm and hit the bomb.
* Negative +/- very attributable to LMA playing very poorly within the offensive scheme. (LMA was taken out at the same time as Jimmer when RM came in and had a good +/-)

2nd Stint

* Good drive and floater. At the time I thought it was forced; but on the re-watch, I realize he knew he could easily get that shot on the much smaller David Stockton. He just didn't convert.
* Heads up foul on Anderson after he burned the other Anderson to not allow an easy lay-up.
* Good rotation. Anderson made the pass too high, so Jimmer couldn't get the open three off. A good drive; but then it looked like he was indecisive about shooting a floater or kicking to the corner and it was a turnover.
* Great use of the screen by Boban and then a "great" pass to Boban for a would-be dunk that he dropped. Btw, the reports of eye rolls by ST'ers are bunk. He clapped his hands and was muttering to himself. He directed no ill will to Boban though. For all we know, he wished he put the ball a little higher so that the ball couldn't be swatted from the big man's hands.
* Passed up on a good three from the side from KA. Pass was a bit low; but it was Stockton coming late. He should've taken it. But it was early in the shot clock; and those are the kind of 'mess-ups' a coach can live with.
* Missed a corner three. Rushed it, imo. A pump fake for the oncoming Stockton and a step to the side and shot would've been better, imo. But the shot he took was not bad per say.
* Played better defense against Stockton than Ray did, tbh.
http://laslow.net/reactiongifs/Batch01/don't%20care.gif

Nathan89
10-11-2015, 09:43 PM
Ray really did a number on Stockton and caused deflections and knocked balls loose. In reality the come back that started in the third and went all the way to the fourth was sparked by good defense anchored by Boban, but Ray and Kyle especially were really active with good defense. The stops they got enabled them to get some fastbreaks points or early offense going with defenses on their heels. When Ray sat and Jimmer came in the team could not complete the win. On the one hand Jimmer improperly closed out on shooters, gave up shots, failed to contain his man, fouled Marco in a close out and things of that nature. On the other, he missed shots, passed up shots other guys could have taken due to a slow release, had TO and overall didn't help the team. Williams was also very deficient and not the hustle guy that Butler proved to be and tried to do too much. Butler would play off the ball and off of other guys, Williams felt like he had the talent to make plays as the ballhandler, which he does not.

If you really pay attention to the last quarter you will notice Ray's impact on defense, he was terrific. He forced things at one point offensively when Messina sat Kyle down for a minute. i will agree that Ray's half court offense needs polishing, but he was by far the best defensive guard (better than Simms too).

The team was down 78-64 and by the end of the third was down by a 11. Only 1 defensive play in that time really involve Ray at all. Spurs score 2pts off a turnover in the 4th after the Kings threw it directly to Ray (down 9). Then Koufos missed a shot he could make and Ray followed it up with a 3 (down 6). Koufos got called for an illegal screen. Ray hits a midrange shot off the deadball (down 4). Belinelli missed a contest midrange shot by Ray. Some defensive plays that Ray did little on and then Ray hits a 3 (down 1). While the defense kept them from scoring the offense was sparked by Ray hitting shots and didn't have much to do with fastbreak action. Most of the defense had little to do with Ray.

Overall Ray did have 2-3 good individual defensive possessions but when he was screened he benefited from other teammates more than Jimmer(1:30:32, 1:37:02, 1:37:54,1:42:20, and the 1st half ndoye was playing much better defense on the screens). At 1:43 WCS comes in on the last play before Ray is taken out and you'll see similar action that Stockton got with Jimmer. Before that Boban was only dealing with Koufos.

Ray fouled Belinelli on a bad close out as well. Ray also dribbled out of bounds once and traveled another time. He didn't showcase the playmaking ability that Jimmer did and really looked to pass the ball on multiple occasions because of pressure from Stockton.

The most significant difference was that Ray hit some shots. Also Stockton hit a contested jumper, Rondo hit a jumper(that every team is fine with him taking), and shitty curry hit a floater(maybe an easy shot for him but I'm not sure) on Jimmer.

Spurtacular
10-11-2015, 10:18 PM
http://laslow.net/reactiongifs/Batch01/don't%20care.gif

https://static.fjcdn.com/comments/4755693+_2f0dcae536856946aceaf2486d6edae1.jpg

http://www.pride.com/sites/pride.com/files/tumblr_lkbmeylx271qgn99t.gif

weeks
10-12-2015, 12:27 AM
even reggie williams made a three :lol

SAGirl
10-12-2015, 01:59 AM
The team was down 78-64 and by the end of the third was down by a 11. Only 1 defensive play in that time really involve Ray at all. Spurs score 2pts off a turnover in the 4th after the Kings threw it directly to Ray (down 9). Then Koufos missed a shot he could make and Ray followed it up with a 3 (down 6). Koufos got called for an illegal screen. Ray hits a midrange shot off the deadball (down 4). Belinelli missed a contest midrange shot by Ray. Some defensive plays that Ray did little on and then Ray hits a 3 (down 1). While the defense kept them from scoring the offense was sparked by Ray hitting shots and didn't have much to do with fastbreak action. Most of the defense had little to do with Ray.

Overall Ray did have 2-3 good individual defensive possessions but when he was screened he benefited from other teammates more than Jimmer(1:30:32, 1:37:02, 1:37:54,1:42:20, and the 1st half ndoye was playing much better defense on the screens). At 1:43 WCS comes in on the last play before Ray is taken out and you'll see similar action that Stockton got with Jimmer. Before that Boban was only dealing with Koufos.

Ray fouled Belinelli on a bad close out as well. Ray also dribbled out of bounds once and traveled another time. He didn't showcase the playmaking ability that Jimmer did and really looked to pass the ball on multiple occasions because of pressure from Stockton.

The most significant difference was that Ray hit some shots. Also Stockton hit a contested jumper, Rondo hit a jumper(that every team is fine with him taking), and shitty curry hit a floater(maybe an easy shot for him but I'm not sure) on Jimmer.

I think we'll just agree to disagree. Ray contained Stockton much better which stifled ball movement. If you think he wasn't involved in some ways it is bc Stockton deferred to a degree after trying to go at Ray a few times and failing. I thought Jimmer played with effort, but he's limited on defense by both his lack of size and bad closeouts. The worst aspect is his inability to get his shot off. You are right that a lot can be concealed by other good actions and timely shots, of which he didn't make any. Some of the shots he passed up could have been good looks for someone else and a couple he tried in that period were good looks for himself slow release and all.

I was neutral on him b4 this game, but I see that there was a real point to his critics and the worst is his slow shot. Guys can close out on him from further away and when he rushes it it's a miss. Without hot/timely shooting anything else he could add other guys do better bc he does have defensive deficiencies and doesn't add much in other ways. I thought his best aspect was solid ballhandling.

DeRozan m8
10-12-2015, 02:43 AM
The guy that likes Jimmer like Ayres, surprise surprise.

Nah really but, its not that Jimmers that bad, its just there's better options for such a little number of roster spots tbh

capek
10-12-2015, 04:49 AM
Thanks! Keeps me from needing to unfreeze my ballstream account for a bit longer. :tu

Kawhi 5-0
10-12-2015, 07:33 AM
Bruce finally showing off his post game!

Oh– wait, that's not Bruce! Who's that tall lanky guy with all the tattoos in Bruce's jersey?

also, second possession of the game... lol Cousins going for three

Yeah, Bowen's really bulked up. Also must have got stuck in one of those spine-stretching machines like Connery in Thunderball.

SsKSpurs21
10-12-2015, 09:29 AM
everyone dissecting this game like its a playoff game. guys not running hard, guys not playing defense...its the FIRST preseason game and the FIRST game for alot of these guys with the Spurs. There is a reason why big 3 and even pop didnt even bother to make the trip. they are going to use these first 3-4 games as a scrimmage. relax and enjoy the ride.

CGD
10-12-2015, 10:07 AM
Thanks for posting the video.

- Anderson, Mills and Leonard look great
- Boban is more mobile/fluid than I thought
- Don't get the Jimmer love. He was bad tonight
- McCallum impressed; won't miss CoJo.
- How much does West have in the tank?

RD2191
10-12-2015, 10:14 AM
People don't necessarily hate Jimmer they hate his dick riding fans just like the Jeremy Lin fan club. Dude hasn't accomplished squat in the NBA to have people hanging on his nuts. People can't stand Kobe mostly b/c of his dick riding fans not necessarily his game or the color of his skin.

monkeypunk
10-12-2015, 10:15 AM
Thanks! Keeps me from needing to unfreeze my ballstream account for a bit longer. :tu

Good luck unfreezing it, they've been stalled out for a while and aren't even letting active members re-up let alone unfreezing of inactive accounts. They say it's a billing issue so their provider may have denied them this year due to what they are offering.

Kawhitstorm
10-12-2015, 12:42 PM
Thanks for posting the video.

- Anderson, Mills and Leonard look great
- Boban is more mobile/fluid than I thought
- Don't get the Jimmer love. He was bad tonight
- McCallum impressed; won't miss CoJo.
- How much does West have in the tank?

D-West looked lifeless last seasons when it came to his activity. He isn't a good rebounder or rim protector, he's more of a high IQ guy similar to Diaw just a bit more gritty.

capek
10-12-2015, 02:48 PM
Good luck unfreezing it, they've been stalled out for a while and aren't even letting active members re-up let alone unfreezing of inactive accounts. They say it's a billing issue so their provider may have denied them this year due to what they are offering.

Yikes! Thanks for the heads up. Hope the shit gets cleared up before the season starts.

Nathan89
10-12-2015, 05:02 PM
I think we'll just agree to disagree. Ray contained Stockton much better which stifled ball movement. If you think he wasn't involved in some ways it is bc Stockton deferred to a degree after trying to go at Ray a few times and failing. I thought Jimmer played with effort, but he's limited on defense by both his lack of size and bad closeouts. The worst aspect is his inability to get his shot off. You are right that a lot can be concealed by other good actions and timely shots, of which he didn't make any. Some of the shots he passed up could have been good looks for someone else and a couple he tried in that period were good looks for himself slow release and all.

I was neutral on him b4 this game, but I see that there was a real point to his critics and the worst is his slow shot. Guys can close out on him from further away and when he rushes it it's a miss. Without hot/timely shooting anything else he could add other guys do better bc he does have defensive deficiencies and doesn't add much in other ways. I thought his best aspect was solid ballhandling.

I guess but I'm not sure how you can watch that comeback and attribute the defense with the stimulated offense. Ray just made shots and that's what led to the comeback.

Stockton didn't really have much success at going at anyone 1-on-1. When he went at Ray with screens the other defender shut him down more than anything. Even the plays at the end where Jimmer looked worse didn't really result in much. Stockton took a floater from the ft line.