PDA

View Full Version : Smoking week is nearly as bad as tobacco due to incomplete combustion

Kawhitstorm
10-11-2015, 04:27 PM
http://www.thelatestnews.com/emphysema-linked-to-carbon-nanoparticles/

It's not necessarily the chemicals but the actual combustion that causes emphysema. So basically directly inhaling smoke of any kind that has nano-particles.

You have folks who don't suffer from emphysema even though they smoke a pack a day but that has to do w/ genetics:

Emphysema's pathogenesis is the alveoli walls breaking down. This is caused by the neutrophils releasing various proteases as part of the immune response. There is a genetic predisposition to emphysema and it's with those who lack the gene Alpha-1-antitrypsin. This protein is responsible for neutralizing trypsin, a protease, and serve as a balance. People who lack this gene entirely (normally we have two copies, one from mom and other from dad) get emphysema even without smoking. Those with variations in expression can either be more susceptible or less to emphysema. So basically your genes can let you smoke like a chimney until you're 90 or can shaft you early on. So many diseases are our bodies freaking out (immunologically).

William Hung
10-11-2015, 04:33 PM
You're a special sort of stupid aren't you?

DJR210
10-11-2015, 04:38 PM
Filter the smoke with a water bong.. Particles stay in the water.

Kawhitstorm
10-11-2015, 04:47 PM
Filter the smoke with a water bong.. Particles stay in the water.

Who the hell is carrying a water bong in their pockets?

Kawhitstorm
10-11-2015, 04:48 PM
You're a special sort of stupid aren't you?

You need to smoke & chill out b/c it seems like you are having a hard time understanding the science thus becoming frustrated.

DJR210
10-11-2015, 05:01 PM
Who the hell is carrying a water bong in their pockets?

Who the hell needs to smoke large amounts of weed away from home?

Blake
10-11-2015, 05:13 PM
Not just emphysema but cancer as well. carcinogens can come from the smoke of just about any wood/leaf burning

I opened thread thinking there was such a thing as smoke week.

Kawhitstorm
10-11-2015, 05:25 PM
Who the hell needs to smoke large amounts of weed away from home?

There are people who smoke during lunch breaks, during traffic in their cars, after school at the park, hustling on the street EVERY DAY. It's not the amount but the daily consumption. People who use water bongs are those who smoke on the weekends not habitual users.

Kawhitstorm
10-11-2015, 05:26 PM
Not just emphysema but cancer as well. carcinogens can come from the smoke of just about any wood/leaf burning

I opened thread thinking there was such a thing as smoke week.

4:20 already passed

DJR210
10-11-2015, 05:44 PM
There are people who smoke during lunch breaks, during traffic in their cars, after school at the park, hustling on the street EVERY DAY. It's not the amount but the daily consumption. People who use water bongs are those who smoke on the weekends not habitual users.

Man you really are ignorant :lol

I am a habitual smoker. Pot head. I use a water bong as my go to for this very reason. Its not as good as vaping it, but at least it's filtered.

For people who are consistently smoking in the road, they could easily use a bubbler and get the same benefit in a smaller form factor.

Kawhitstorm
10-11-2015, 05:58 PM

I am a habitual smoker. Pot head. I use a water bong as my go to for this very reason. Its not as good as vaping it, but at least it's filtered.

For people who are consistently smoking in the road, they could easily use a bubbler and get the same benefit in a smaller form factor.

I'm aware of water bongs, bubblers, vapes etc.... but I can tell you that I have NEVER seen pot heads using a water bong/bubbler OUTSIDE. I've seen vaping but the majority is just straight up blunts. I have had a roommates who used water bongs but they don't smoke outside.

DJR210
10-11-2015, 06:09 PM
I'm aware of water bongs, bubblers, vapes etc.... but I can tell you that I have NEVER seen pot heads using a water bong/bubbler OUTSIDE. I've seen vaping but the majority is just straight up blunts. I have had a roommates who used water bongs but they don't smoke outside.

They're not as convenient, plus you're stuck carrying paraphernalia after you're done smoking.. But the only point I'm trying to make is for someone who is concerned with what they are inhaling has options to make it safer.

Kawhitstorm
10-11-2015, 06:10 PM
They're not as convenient, plus you're stuck carrying paraphernalia after you're done smoking.. But the only point in trying to make is for someone who is concerned with what they are inhaling has options to make it safer.

My PSA was for those who believe smoking weed is safe & the majority of the pot heads I know smoke blunts so I would assume that's would more than a handful.

DJR210
10-11-2015, 06:28 PM
My PSA was for those who believe smoking weed is safe & the majority of the pot heads I know smoke blunts so I would assume that's would more than a handful.

Blunts are for the younger crowd tbh.. And the overwhelming majority of people I've ever come across know weed smoke is not healthy

Once you start smoking expensive weed, you move away from the blunts for the taste and you simply don't need to smoke that much weed when it's that potent.

Kawhitstorm
10-11-2015, 06:44 PM
Blunts are for the younger crowd tbh.. And the overwhelming majority of people I've ever come across know weed smoke is not healthy

Once you start smoking expensive weed, you move away from the blunts for the taste and you simply don't need to smoke that much weed when it's that potent.

I would assume the older crowd would know better so most of the examples are folks under 30.

DMC
10-11-2015, 06:58 PM
evolution is undefeated

DJR210
10-11-2015, 07:04 PM
I would assume the older crowd would know better so most of the examples are folks under 30.

Even as a 20 year old.. Used to smoke so many blunts, but it only took a few to feel the impact.. Id wake up and hack shit up every morning after a night of smoking blunts.. You gotta figure that tar that builds up at the mouth piece is also accumulating in your lungs.

InRareForm
10-11-2015, 09:28 PM
Also what goes unnoticed is the amount of pesticides that are on actual buds of weed? Unless you know directly where your weed comes from, who is to say its not from a large quantity place where chemicals/pesticides were used to help the yield of plants? I saw a small news documentary on this, I forgot the name of it.

Kawhitstorm
10-11-2015, 11:10 PM
Also what goes unnoticed is the amount of pesticides that are on actual buds of weed? Unless you know directly where your weed comes from, who is to say its not from a large quantity place where chemicals/pesticides were used to help the yield of plants? I saw a small news documentary on this, I forgot the name of it.

I remember hearing about it on NPR so I guess there is going to be a boon for organic weed distributors pretty soon:lol.

DJR210
10-11-2015, 11:14 PM
Most good weed is grown indoors, no need for pesticides.

Kawhitstorm
10-11-2015, 11:28 PM
Most good weed is grown indoors, no need for pesticides.

I believe it was the ones being smuggled in from Mexico that was the subject of the discussion.

DJR210
10-12-2015, 12:59 AM
I believe it was the ones being smuggled in from Mexico that was the subject of the discussion.

People still smoke Mexican dirt weed?

Kawhitstorm
10-12-2015, 02:07 AM
People still smoke Mexican dirt weed?

I guess there is still a market for it but they were saying the cartels are now moving onto "hard" drugs.

.G.
10-12-2015, 06:56 AM
I love cannabis. Medicine for the soul.

.G.
10-12-2015, 07:07 AM
I guess there is still a market for it but they were saying the cartels are now moving onto "hard" drugs.

Was in Mexico City last summer and was shocked at how cheap medicinal grade is. 1 Oz for $1000MXN which is roughly $70USD.

But I agree, brick weed is awful.

Thebesteva
10-12-2015, 12:13 PM

What's a really good vapor? I know most are like $200 but everytime I try to convince myself to just buy one there is never ending debate that it is useless and isnt really a vaporizer

SpursforSix
10-12-2015, 12:35 PM
What's a really good vapor? I know most are like $200 but everytime I try to convince myself to just buy one there is never ending debate that it is useless and isnt really a vaporizer

Beats are fucking awesome.

.G.
10-12-2015, 12:49 PM
http://vapeguide.com/img/vaporizers/4.jpg
https://quitsmokingcommunity.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/silver-surfer-vaporizer-small-size.jpg
http://cloud9slo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/MagicFlightCherry9-2.jpghttp://www.gearculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/magic-flight-launch-box.jpg

Thebesteva
10-12-2015, 04:37 PM
http://vapeguide.com/img/vaporizers/4.jpg
https://quitsmokingcommunity.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/silver-surfer-vaporizer-small-size.jpg
http://cloud9slo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/MagicFlightCherry9-2.jpghttp://www.gearculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/magic-flight-launch-box.jpg

Thanks...love that weed whenever I get a chance to smoke it

Quetzal-X
10-12-2015, 04:55 PM
Arizer Solo-Basic like a motherfucker but built sturdy for daily driver use.

Save your spent material in everclear and make tincture. Clean your glass in same solution.

Or reduce the solution until there is only viscous oil.

DJR210
10-12-2015, 06:28 PM
The volcano with that lung is the shit.. Only thing that sucks about vaping dro is you lose the smell and taste of burning it.

DJR210
10-12-2015, 06:29 PM
The hell with both, need to get on that shatter.. That's where it's at

http://3s0ugl1qamwo3v5dm83nwpw0.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/shatter-wax.jpg

InRareForm
10-12-2015, 06:33 PM
let us also talk about what it does to the mind with continuous use for decades. I had my fun, I really want my memory and sharpness when i hit my mid 30's, 40's and 50's tbh...

Boris
10-12-2015, 07:07 PM
Been a regular user for decades. Very successful and still sharp as a tack.

DJR210
10-12-2015, 09:09 PM
let us also talk about what it does to the mind with continuous use for decades. I had my fun, I really want my memory and sharpness when i hit my mid 30's, 40's and 50's tbh...

What proof is there that it fucks up the brain anyway? That's all part of the war on drugs propaganda from the late 80's early 90's IMO.

http://www.houstonmatters.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/This-Is-Your-Brain-On-Drugs-PSA.jpg

Quetzal-X
10-12-2015, 09:25 PM

Quetzal-X
10-12-2015, 09:27 PM
It seems like a very small thing to be overly concerned with.

Kool Bob Love
10-13-2015, 12:10 AM

DJR is proof to stay away from the garbage.

Didn't Oregon legalize it Before that college shooting happen?

Dummies.

.G.
10-13-2015, 12:37 AM
What proof is there that it fucks up the brain anyway? That's all part of the war on drugs propaganda from the late 80's early 90's IMO.

http://www.houstonmatters.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/This-Is-Your-Brain-On-Drugs-PSA.jpg

NTjRglSdyVU

.G.
10-13-2015, 12:44 AM
The hell with both, need to get on that shatter.. That's where it's at

http://3s0ugl1qamwo3v5dm83nwpw0.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/shatter-wax.jpg

I loves shatter

:lol
xgi9QtW4zuI
hZX-j_Lqy9s

Usually provides goods laughs watching others...

DJR210
10-13-2015, 01:07 AM
I loves shatter

:lol
xgi9QtW4zuI
hZX-j_Lqy9s

Usually provides goods laughs watching others...

:lol Roscoe he fucking ripped that shit

.G.
10-13-2015, 01:18 AM
:lol Roscoe he fucking ripped that shit

The evil stir from that chick th:lol

.G.
10-13-2015, 01:22 AM
Lil ngg:lol thought he was gon' rip that shit AND smoke a blunt afterwards.

"Roscoe dead!" :lmao

mouse
10-13-2015, 03:56 PM
Dam I should have copyrighted "Wax Dat Ass"

Tu5pobaWixM

DJR210
10-13-2015, 04:22 PM
Lil ngg:lol thought he was gon' rip that shit AND smoke a blunt afterwards.

"Roscoe dead!" :lmao

:lol nobody in any hurry to see if he's still alive

.G.
10-13-2015, 05:58 PM
:lol nobody in any hurry to see if he's still alive
I wonder if they let him keep the lb of flowers after that shameful performance? I wouldn't.

Wild Cobra
10-14-2015, 12:18 AM
http://www.thelatestnews.com/emphysema-linked-to-carbon-nanoparticles/

It's not necessarily the chemicals but the actual combustion that causes emphysema. So basically directly inhaling smoke of any kind that has nano-particles.

You have folks who don't suffer from emphysema even though they smoke a pack a day but that has to do w/ genetics:

Emphysema's pathogenesis is the alveoli walls breaking down. This is caused by the neutrophils releasing various proteases as part of the immune response. There is a genetic predisposition to emphysema and it's with those who lack the gene Alpha-1-antitrypsin. This protein is responsible for neutralizing trypsin, a protease, and serve as a balance. People who lack this gene entirely (normally we have two copies, one from mom and other from dad) get emphysema even without smoking. Those with variations in expression can either be more susceptible or less to emphysema. So basically your genes can let you smoke like a chimney until you're 90 or can shaft you early on. So many diseases are our bodies freaking out (immunologically).

Well, what isn't said is the mass difference of smoking cigarettes and weed.

If someone smokes 2 cigarette packs weight of weed a day... they deserve it!