PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Disappointment?

HarlemHeat37
10-11-2015, 06:43 PM
Most disappointing team, so far?

- Dolphins(AFC sleeper of most mainstream analysts IIRC)
- Chiefs(a lot of people picked them to win the division)
- Ravens(always steady and consistent)
- Texans(weren't necessarily expected to be good, but not as embarrassing as they have looked)
- Lions
- Eagles

(Didn't include Seattle, because their schedule has been tough and they have been competitive..Dallas not included for obvious reasons..Saints may be disappointing to some, but most people expected them to suck, including their fans here IIRC)..

Silver&Black
10-11-2015, 06:55 PM
Ravens IMO...

I don't know how much the Terrell Suggs injury plays into it, but they're the most disappointing to me.

Clipper Nation
10-11-2015, 06:59 PM
I expected the Ravens to be Super Bowl bound if they fixed the secondary, but that was pre-Suggs injury. Still, they've been the biggest disappointment IMO.

Pelicans78
10-11-2015, 06:59 PM
Ravens and Dolphins.

spurraider21
10-11-2015, 07:03 PM
1) Colts and Andrew Cuck. their record is fine for now, but they look hideous
2) Dolphins - everybody's offseason/preseason sweetheart
3) Ravens

TheCultOfPersonality
10-11-2015, 07:06 PM
Ravens.

The Dolphins were pretty much what I expected them to be and never believed that the Chiefs, Eagles, Texans, and Lions were going to do anything.

JoeTait75
10-11-2015, 07:07 PM
I don't know why anyone ever believes in the Dolphins. They're a straw dog every year.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-11-2015, 07:19 PM
I don't know why anyone ever believes in the Dolphins. They're a straw dog every year.
Exactly. They could have the best secondary, the best linebackers, the best linemen on both ends, and the best receiving corps and they'd still be the lolphins and 7–9

HI-FI
10-11-2015, 07:40 PM
Ravens and then Dolpins imo. I didn't expect Ravens to shit the bed like this without Suggs. People on ST, some of the gook variety, made it sound like Flacco was this unstoppable force.

True. I always hope the Pats will have competition in their division but every season it's a total shitshow.

HarlemHeat37
10-11-2015, 08:05 PM
Ravens.

The Dolphins were pretty much what I expected them to be and never believed that the Chiefs, Eagles, Texans, and Lions were going to do anything.

I didn't expect anything from the Chiefs, Lions and Texans, but they have probably been the 3 most embarrassing teams(other than Miami), so far..Chiefs have had 2 horrible 4th quarter meltdowns, and the Texans/Lions are tough to watch..

I've always said Stafford is overrated, but still, a team with him, Johnson, Tate and Abdullah shouldn't be so bad at offense..

Clipper Nation
10-11-2015, 08:59 PM

How about your boy Struggle today? Boy, he really played like a franchise QB down the stretch:

:lol Thinking the Seahawks wouldn't trade Wilson for Andrew "Cuck" straight up in a heartbeat if they could

spurraider21
10-11-2015, 09:02 PM
How about your boy Struggle today? Boy, he really played like a franchise QB down the stretch:

wilson played poorly in the 2nd half today, and you won't see me claim otherwise

:lol Thinking the Seahawks wouldn't trade Wilson for Andrew "Cuck" straight up in a heartbeat if they could
never said this, either. i've said luck>wilson all along. luck also has higher expectations... supposed to be an MVP candidate, colts were picked by many to be a SB team due to his excellence. his season is more of a disappointment than wilsons because his expectations are significantly higher

Clipper Nation
10-11-2015, 09:08 PM
wilson played poorly in the 2nd half today, and you won't see me claim otherwise

never said this, either. i've said luck>wilson all along. luck also has higher expectations... supposed to be an MVP candidate, colts were picked by many to be a SB team due to his excellence. his season is more of a disappointment than wilsons because his expectations are significantly higher

:lol Trying to get the pressure off Struggle

Struggle has a fat new contract and a mega-stacked team. Luck once again has a garbage supporting cast. As per usual, the Colts added a bunch of old fossils at the skill positions and completely ignored the rest of the roster. And they have a shit coaching staff. The Seahawks are supposed to be a dynasty with the defense they have, but Struggle's already taken one out of the case and is working on taking another one out.

unleashbaynes
10-11-2015, 09:11 PM
Easily the Ravens.

spurraider21
10-11-2015, 09:12 PM
so you disagree that luck is better than wilson and thus has higher expectations?

SpursforSix
10-11-2015, 09:24 PM
Tony Parker's contract

Robz4000
10-11-2015, 10:11 PM
Easily the Ravens.

Clipper Nation
10-11-2015, 10:26 PM
so you disagree that luck is better than wilson and thus has higher expectations?

Luck > Wilson

Wilson's expectations > Luck's expectations

It's not hard.

DD
10-11-2015, 10:51 PM
Yup, Baltimore

10-11-2015, 11:57 PM
I didn't expect anything from the Chiefs, Lions and Texans, but they have probably been the 3 most embarrassing teams(other than Miami), so far..Chiefs have had 2 horrible 4th quarter meltdowns, and the Texans/Lions are tough to watch..

I've always said Stafford is overrated, but still, a team with him, Johnson, Tate and Abdullah shouldn't be so bad at offense..
Lombardi and Caldwell is the worst coaching duo in the nfl. Combine that with a below average defense and average(below average qb?) and you don't have any margin of error to have an off day. Instead of the usual heart breakers you just get blown out at home.

Hopefully we go 2-14 and the Ford's finally sell the team to someone who might actually be invested in the sport though.

HemisfairArena
10-12-2015, 12:08 AM
Ravens?,,,,no way. Seattle easily,,,A team that has made back to back Super Bowl appearances and is 2-3 but was a top 3 favorite to win it all this year.

spurraider21
10-12-2015, 12:15 AM
seattle should be on the list as well... we knew they wouldn't be quite as good as they were the past couple of years, but their offense has been really disappointing, especially with the jimmy graham trade. it's been a horrible fit and they traded their best (yet oft-injured) offensive lineman to acquire him, now their line is largely in shambles

Aztecfan03
10-12-2015, 02:33 AM
seattle should be on the list as well... we knew they wouldn't be quite as good as they were the past couple of years, but their offense has been really disappointing, especially with the jimmy graham trade. it's been a horrible fit and they traded their best (yet oft-injured) offensive lineman to acquire him, now their line is largely in shambles
Did anyone actually expect Seattle to be a good fit for Graham?

Mal
10-12-2015, 02:38 AM
Easy Ravens. They are not bad as their record indicate.

spurraider21
10-12-2015, 02:39 AM
i recall Luke Wilson having some big moments for them late last year, and a big, easy target makes a lot of sense for seattle. the curious thing is, it's not like wilson and graham have been having miscommunications or misconnecting... they're just not using him in their gameplan

Raven
10-12-2015, 07:44 AM

that's because you don't listen to your papa tbh...

Raven
10-12-2015, 07:44 AM

:cry anyone can throw to Graham :cry

Raven
10-12-2015, 07:48 AM
anyway, for me it's the dolphins by a large margin, to get worse while paying a boatload of money for suh makes no sense. While they always have a shitty offensive line, they did invest in it, so it's really an unjustifiable letdown. The ravens are doing exactly what I expected them to, they have almost no talent in their D and after trading and losing their two best best defenders, they need to rely on an offense with the worst receivers in the league, which is twice as bad considering you have Flacco as your qb.

pgardn
10-12-2015, 08:27 AM
If injuries are not pertinent to disappointing then it's the Cowboys.
Next man up?

And it's not from a record point of view. They just look incapable of beating anyone. They get off to decent starts and the opponent adjusts... Game over.

Avante
10-12-2015, 11:59 AM
I don't even think about this sort of thing until after week 8, way too many examples of things changing dramatically in the second half of a season.

Pats were 2-2 last season and had just been crushed 41-14 by the Chiefs. That was it for them, Tom Brady was done, ha~~~~~

Seattle was 3-3 in 2014, they were on their way down, ha~~~~

Chinook
10-12-2015, 12:04 PM
Easy Ravens. They are not bad as their record indicate.

No, but they're worse than your attempts to rationalize their record indicates. Team is on a horrible downward spiral. Like 2007 would be a decent result at this point. Bad coaching and an overrated roster than can't stay healthy. I do think some guys are going to get fired this off-season. Harbaugh and even Ozzie may be on the hot seat. It's THAT bad.

Brazil
10-13-2015, 02:43 PM
:lol As a Lion fan I'm pretty puzzled to see my team in a biggest disappointment list... like really ? there were any expectations to begin with ? :lol

SpursforSix
10-13-2015, 03:17 PM
:lol As a Lion fan I'm pretty puzzled to see my team in a biggest disappointment list... like really ? there were any expectations to begin with ? :lol

you can say the same thing to yourself as a Parker fan this season.

HemisfairArena
10-13-2015, 10:32 PM
Media starting to hop on the Seattle collapse,,,I'm telling you kids,,,this is the biggest disappointment. How do you make back to back Super Bowl appearances and then crap out with what looks like a 6-7 win season with the same players? And Seattle should have the same record as the Ravens TBH,,,,

benefactor
10-14-2015, 06:43 AM
:lol...same here. It's like people weren't expecting the Texans to go full Texans at some point this season.:lol

Brazil
10-14-2015, 07:11 AM
:lol...same here. It's like people weren't expecting the Texans to go full Texans at some point this season.:lol

:lol I take it like a compliment... there is still hope somehow :lol

Will Hunting
10-14-2015, 09:49 AM
Bingo. The Dolphins went on a free agency spending spree a few years ago and that one also led to jack shit.

Raven
10-14-2015, 09:52 AM

i believe they expected the D to be at least good, instead it's been an absolute joke.

HemisfairArena
10-18-2015, 08:04 PM
Seattle and Baltimore lose again,,,it might be a push who the bigger disappointment is,,,

HarlemHeat37
10-18-2015, 11:36 PM
Seattle's decline coinciding with Beast Mode's decline, tbh..end of an era..

Ravens are just a disaster..I haven't watched them enough to know what's up, but I bet against them today:lol..free money, they shouldn't be favorites against anybody on the road anymore..

Brazil
10-19-2015, 07:49 AM
:danceclub

Lions with the first win

nobody is gonna stop us now !! The lions train is coming !!

:hungry:

AlexJones
10-19-2015, 08:14 AM
Are the Seahawks actually done? Damn, looking like a 3-team league right now.

Aztecfan03
10-25-2015, 03:42 PM
Is it still the Dolphins?

TXstbobcat
10-25-2015, 05:13 PM

Nope, it's the Texans.

spurraider21
10-25-2015, 05:15 PM
Nope, it's the Texans.
texans didnt have high enough expectations to be considered the biggest disappointment.

HarlemHeat37
10-25-2015, 05:16 PM
Colts should be up there now, even their wins have been ugly..

Will Hunting
10-25-2015, 05:17 PM
Colts should be up there now, even their wins have been ugly..

They haven't won against a non-AFC South team yet :lol

Will Hunting
10-25-2015, 05:18 PM

We'll see how long the Dan "Man" Campbell honeymoon lasts with them. I think his "I'm a head coach and I'm a man!" shtick is good for short term success but the players will eventually zone it out once they start facing adversity.

spurraider21
10-25-2015, 05:18 PM
2) Dolphins - everybody's offseason/preseason sweetheart
3) Ravens
still stand by this

TXstbobcat
10-25-2015, 05:19 PM
texans didnt have high enough expectations to be considered the biggest disappointment.

After that 9-7 season last year, I didn't expect the complete dumpster fire that this season has been.

HarlemHeat37
10-25-2015, 05:24 PM
We'll see how long the Dan "Man" Campbell honeymoon lasts with them. I think his "I'm a head coach and I'm a man!" shtick is good for short term success but the players will eventually zone it out once they start facing adversity.

They also strategically waited to fire Philbin after the bye week with 2 shitty teams on the horizon, pretty standard move:lol..

If they keep it close vs. NE, I'll believe in them a bit..

benefactor
10-25-2015, 05:26 PM
After that 9-7 season last year, I didn't expect the complete dumpster fire that this season has been.
Really? With Hoyer and Mallett as your QB options and guaranteed injuries to Foster? Come on now.

I've been doing this for over 20 years. I've come to expect a slight chance of being mediocre and a better than average chance of sucking ass.

TXstbobcat
10-25-2015, 05:29 PM
Really? With Hoyer and Mallett as your QB options and guaranteed injuries to Foster? Come on now.

I've been doing this for over 20 years. I've come to expect a slight chance of being mediocre and a better than average chance of sucking ass.

I thought the defense would be good enough to carry the team to 7 or 8 wins. I didn't think they would be bad enough to get a top 3 draft pick.

Silver&Black
11-02-2015, 05:32 PM
3 weeks have passed....let's revisit this conversation.

I'll still go Ravens, but the gap is getting smaller.

Do the 49ers have any business being in this thread? Or did a lot of you think they were gonna be bad at the beginning of the year. Maybe not this bad....but bad nonetheless.

spurraider21
11-02-2015, 05:34 PM
niners were a dumpster fire, this was expected.

UNT Eagles 2016
11-02-2015, 06:20 PM
I don't even think about this sort of thing until after week 8, way too many examples of things changing dramatically in the second half of a season.

Pats were 2-2 last season and had just been crushed 41-14 by the Chiefs. That was it for them, Tom Brady was done, ha~~~~~

Seattle was 3-3 in 2014, they were on their way down, ha~~~~
Saints started 0-3 this year, Seattle 2-4... one of those is going to get the 6th seed

Raven
11-02-2015, 06:25 PM
Buffalo and Miami imo

chunticakes
11-02-2015, 06:25 PM
3 weeks have passed....let's revisit this conversation.

I'll still go Ravens, but the gap is getting smaller.

Do the 49ers have any business being in this thread? Or did a lot of you think they were gonna be bad at the beginning of the year. Maybe not this bad....but bad nonetheless.

I still think Ravens. They've been perpetually good. Last year they were a few plays away from knocking off New England.

I honestly don't think anyone predicted them to look this bad.