PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: Chances GS repeats?

Thebesteva
10-12-2015, 02:27 AM
I just dont see it honestly...they had to have everything click for them this year in order to win. I just cant see all that happening all over again ie injury free season, half the Cavs roster get injured

DeRozan m8
10-12-2015, 02:58 AM
Won't happen, they'll never cop a playoff run that easy again and they had a pretty flukey season overall.
WCF is their ceiling

ambchang
10-12-2015, 09:08 AM
You act as if they win solely because of their luck. It wasn't.

They had no major weaknesses and can roll out any lineup based on match ups.

With the confidence that came with actually winning the title, they will be even better this year, barring major injuries, of course

RsxPiimp
10-12-2015, 09:30 AM
You act as if they win solely because of their luck. It wasn't.

True. I have repeated this numerous times last year. People we're calling them a second round fodder not realizing GS was not only playing elite offense but they also ranked 5th in major defensive categories.

They can repeat this year. Only obstacle would be the Clippers IMHO since they can play at the Warriors pace.

Killakobe81
10-12-2015, 09:47 AM
True. I have repeated this numerous times last year. People we're calling them a second round fodder not realizing GS was not only playing elite offense but they also ranked 5th in major defensive categories.

They can repeat this year. Only obstacle would be the Clippers IMHO since they can play at the Warriors pace.

I think the disrespect shown the Warriors is silly ... but I am betting against the repeat. Clips if healthy may have just enough to actually make a real run. Ditto Houston if Dwight is healthy is also loaded and the Spurs and OKc have the best coach and best players in the west respectively. i think ultimately mental fortitude will undo the Clips and coaching the rox.

I think the champs will come from: GSW, CLE, or SAS. OKC is the longshot. Yes Kerr won as a "rookie coach" but he did not have the Durant issue Donovan will face. I think that will wear on KD and OKC. dont see them winning it this year. if they re-sign KD i think if they build with the right cast around their big 3 they will win it in 2-3 years.

Buddy Mignon
10-12-2015, 09:48 AM
Its tough to repeat... very tough.

Mitch
10-12-2015, 09:53 AM
They had luck, but their team is extremely versatile and self motivated. They didn't depend on Curry, instead if Curry didn't produce somebody else would have an exceptional game. Only a fool would say that their championship was because of luck, they deserved theirs.

Killakobe81
10-12-2015, 10:49 AM
Its tough to repeat... very tough.

Ask the dude in your avvy ...it's very tough.

baseline bum
10-12-2015, 10:58 AM
Whoever comes out of the West is likely to need to beat two of the Warriors/Spurs/Clippers/Thunder. Any of those teams can win the conference. So not trying to disrespect the Warriors after a 67 win season and a title while being a ridiculously balanced team, but they're going to have to beat three really good teams to win a title while Cleveland only needs to beat one. I'm taking the Cavs to win the title.

lefty
10-12-2015, 11:08 AM
. I'm taking the Cavs to win the title.

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n525/dookster1234/post-25049-laughing-out-loud-lol-gif-Now-xlnU_zpsl8ev4xko.gif

Cry Havoc
10-12-2015, 11:24 AM
It's pretty brave to take the field against one team.

Killakobe81
10-12-2015, 11:59 AM
It's pretty brave to take the field against one team.

LOL
Like Bum, I would bet on Cleveland because of the easier path and James. But again I think outside of Cavs, Spurs, Gstate ...I think only OKC is the only other team I see winning a title. I need to see Donovan coach in the pros and durant stay healthy before I consider them legit.

I do think Houstin/LAC are scary on paper but have to prove they can overcome choking and or shitty coaching ...

Thebesteva
10-12-2015, 12:12 PM
I dont think luck was the only thing by GS side and that team was very fun to watch. Very fan friendly team. I just think they had a ton of luck with the right plays being injured at the right time and they were freakishly healthy. Then again thats usually the case with most teams in the NBA playoffs but it was unbelievable luck for them to see Irving get injured.

spankadelphia
10-12-2015, 01:42 PM
I'm not going to predict anything until I see the playoff rosters and who's gone down for the year. Maybe Bogut and Iggy take a dive before the playoffs start.

Buddy Mignon
10-12-2015, 01:43 PM
I'm not going to predict anything until I see the playoff rosters and who's gone down for the year. Maybe Bogut and Iggy take a dive before the playoffs start.

Spoken like a true 0'fer.

Kawhitstorm
10-12-2015, 01:59 PM
They don't matchup well against a HEALTHY OKC squad & can't beat the Spurs on the road. Klay Thompson has to play like a legit All-Star for them to repeat if they have to go through OKC/Spurs/Clippers.

Chris
10-12-2015, 02:04 PM
0% chance; Spurs too stacked

spankadelphia
10-12-2015, 04:50 PM
Spoken like a true 0'fer.

Who would have predicted OKC missing the playoffs last year? Undeniably a top 3 team in the NBA when healthy, but take their two stars away and they're not even a playoff team. The Grizz would probably miss the PO's if Gasol went down. Let's just see how it plays out because pre-season predictions always get turned on their head anyway.

spurtech09
10-12-2015, 09:28 PM
Won't repeat.....Don't be surprised if GS gets knocked out in the early rounds

daslicer
10-12-2015, 09:38 PM
I think there is a high chance they will win back to back. The spurs are the only team that matches up well with them defensively. Outside of the Spurs beating them I don't see anyone else taking them out.

random21
10-12-2015, 09:41 PM
Low, have them out by second round....Only way is to have injuries and some other lucky match ups that will help them reach the finals....

HarlemHeat37
10-12-2015, 11:20 PM
They're still the team to beat, no reason to think otherwise, tbh..I'd say only the Spurs and Clippers match up well with them, too..

If you can limit Curry, they will lose, which sounds obvious since he's their best player, but the rest of the team is very limited offensively if Curry isn't receiving a ton of attention..

DeRozan m8
10-13-2015, 12:02 AM
Warriors will beat up on scrubs but get their shit pushed in when it comes to the crunch.

I also hope Autism Rivers never wins a ring

SuperCam
10-13-2015, 12:16 AM
They shouldn't have won it this year. somehow the collective fagginess of san fran created a mystic semen shield that protected them from injuries and hurt everyone else. I expect uncle tom curry's ankles to both snap in half this year tbh

99 Problems
10-13-2015, 12:48 AM
Doubt they get the chance to play King Delly and LeBron a second time.

Kawhitstorm
10-14-2015, 12:39 AM
Manimal punked Draymond in the 3rd quarter. Seem like Faried has been working on his midrange game which spell trouble for the rest of the league.

RsxPiimp
11-07-2015, 10:48 PM
5-0 with uncle Luke running the team, its clear this team won't be stopped. Last chance to change y'alls opinion before they repeat :lol

Kawhitstorm
11-07-2015, 11:13 PM
Rondo shutting down Curry:lmao

UNT Eagles 2016
11-07-2015, 11:24 PM
30–40%, tbh, but we've seen the same story from other teams in the recent past... the 2006 Pistons, 2007 Mavs... 2011 Packers... none of them went back to the big stage despite looking dominant in the regular season after being in the Finals/SB the year before.

30–40% chance for the Spurs as well

5–10% chance for the Clippers

And the other ~20% or so for the Cavaliers if things break right for them. I don't see them beating any of GSW/SAS/LAC in the Finals though, barring injuries or insane rigged officiating.

Venti Quattro
11-07-2015, 11:34 PM
30–40%, tbh, but we've seen the same story from other teams in the recent past... the 2006 Pistons, 2007 Mavs... 2011 Packers... none of them went back to the big stage despite looking dominant in the regular season after being in the Finals/SB the year before.

2009 and 2010 Lakers
2012 and 2013 Heat

Both teams looked great in their repeat season

Kawhitstorm
11-07-2015, 11:39 PM
2009 and 2010 Lakers
2012 and 2013 Heat

Except in the Conference Finals / NBA Finals where they BOTH needed miracles to escape w/ a victory.

11-07-2015, 11:39 PM
Rondo shutting down Curry:lmao
:lol PG lead teams
:lol can't score without getting a big to switch on a pnr

Still a top 3 player this season though

UNT Eagles 2016
11-07-2015, 11:40 PM
2009 and 2010 Lakers
2012 and 2013 Heat

that's why I say, 30–40%, tbh... 2 pro-examples and 3 con-examples. that's 2/5 = 40% and I could find even more examples of flame-out in the major 3 US sports leagues in the recent past. 2008 NY Giants, 2009 Celtics (early on), STL Cardinals just about every year after they win it, etc... Seahawks looked putrid in their "almost repeat" year last year until November. You don't really know until about the 70% mark of the season, tbh... Shaq/Kobe Lakers looked awful in their repeat seasons until late in the year as well.

Kawhitstorm
11-07-2015, 11:42 PM
:lol PG lead teams
:lol can't score without getting a big to switch on a pnr

Still a top 3 player this season though

Belly checked in & the Kings lead evaporated:lol

Venti Quattro
11-07-2015, 11:43 PM
Except in the Conference Finals / NBA Finals where they BOTH needed miracles to escape w/ a victory.

You need some luck going in your way to win it all in the playoffs. Even the 2014 Spurs title team looked like they were going to get bounced by Dallas in the first round

Kawhitstorm
11-07-2015, 11:45 PM
that's why I say, 30–40%, tbh... 2 pro-examples and 3 con-examples. that's 2/5 = 40% and I could find even more examples of flame-out in the major 3 US sports leagues in the recent past. 2008 NY Giants, 2009 Celtics (early on), STL Cardinals just about every year after they win it, etc... Seahawks looked putrid in their "almost repeat" year last year until November. You don't really know until about the 70% mark of the season, tbh... Shaq/Kobe Lakers looked awful in their repeat seasons until late in the year as well.

2005-06 Spurs won 63 & lost in the 2nd rd. Styles makes fights & the Warriors kryptonite are the Spurs.

UNT Eagles 2016
11-07-2015, 11:50 PM
2005-06 Spurs won 63 & lost in the 2nd rd. Styles makes fights & the Warriors kryptonite are the Spurs.
Exactly. I thought the Spurs' record that year was way overrated, they won a lot early but had a poor post-ASB record against contenders... feasted on the toilet teams of the league, sure, but really weren't clutch at all and the Mavs had our number. Pistons were the top team overall record-wise in the RS that year (got off to an insane 41–6 start IIRC) and the "team to beat" but the Heat were even more determined.

Kawhitstorm
11-07-2015, 11:50 PM
You need some luck going in your way to win it all in the playoffs. Even the 2014 Spurs title team looked like they were going to get bounced by Dallas in the first round

The 2014 Spur were SLEEPWALKING for the majority of the series against the Mavs & blew the doors of the Mavs in Gm 7 when they finally played a complete game. It was the Mavs that were making miraculous shots in the series.

The 2010 Lakers needed an Artest put back at the buzzer against the Suns & a Perkins injury along w/ Artest making fluke shots in Gm 7 of the Finals.

The 2013 Heat needed a LeBron game winner against the Pacers & the Ray Allen shot in Gm 6 of the Finals.

DMC
11-08-2015, 12:30 AM
Easy to take the field over any specific team and be safe, but GS has a legit shot if they stay healthy and other teams don't. They had the books opened for them last year when other teams dropped critical players along the way, but such is the game.

Johnny RIngo
11-08-2015, 05:25 AM

2008 Celtics as well. 66 win team. Needs seven games to put away a 37 win Hawks team in the first round.