PDA

View Full Version : The Affair

Big Dog
10-12-2015, 06:21 AM
Any of you watch this? On Showtime

InRareForm
10-12-2015, 06:43 AM
I watched season 1 and it was kinda cheesy through the 2nd half.

Reck
10-12-2015, 06:46 AM
Shit's back on already?

Saw the first season. It's a very bad show. None of the characters are likeable. That's a bad recipe for a show.

Big Dog
10-12-2015, 07:10 AM
Shit's back on already?

Saw the first season. It's a very bad show. None of the characters are likeable. That's a bad recipe for a show.
Kinda set up that way.

Noah is designed to come off as a selfish asshole only after his own; his wife is fucking retarded for not seeing any of the signs.

Alison is a crazy whore who has been taken advantage of. Plus Cole is kind of a douche bag who had it coming.

Even the fucking grandparents are unlikeable miserable pieces of shit. That's the reality in a lot of marriages, and the immediate relationships outside. A show about two affairs is not suppose to have likeable characters.

Reck
10-12-2015, 06:29 PM
Kinda set up that way.

Noah is designed to come off as a selfish asshole only after his own; his wife is fucking retarded for not seeing any of the signs.

Alison is a crazy whore who has been taken advantage of. Plus Cole is kind of a douche bag who had it coming.

Even the fucking grandparents are unlikeable miserable pieces of shit. That's the reality in a lot of marriages, and the immediate relationships outside. A show about two affairs is not suppose to have likeable characters.

That's the point of having characters in shows. You have the villian and the "good" guy. You are supposed to connect with at least one person. Or at least make it a hell of a good plot.

None of these are present here.

cd021
10-13-2015, 04:28 AM
Watched season 1. Pretty good. Not sure about season 2 though. Will probably give it a show once season 2 ends

Spur-Addict
10-14-2015, 09:21 AM
I don't know, I surprisingly like the show. As I typically do not like this sort of story. Could care less about the underlying issue that permeates the entire show (murder or whatever). But it isn't bad, and isn't good. I think there's something to be said about that. And I like how they have alternate view points each episode. It's largely the same thing, but with slight alterations. But there should be some resolution this season to a lot of the issues, as you can't drag this out to another season. The father/famous writer has the best character I think, because there is some humor to him from time to time. There's a hilarious cab ride scene in season two that he is in. But yeah, no jumping for joy, but it's realistic and consistent so far through 2 episodes in season 2.

Big Dog
10-14-2015, 08:43 PM
That's the point of having characters in shows. You have the villian and the "good" guy. You are supposed to connect with at least one person. Or at least make it a hell of a good plot.

None of these are present here.
:lol That's what you look for in a show, I don't. I could give two shits about liking characters. The story telling for the show is great as is the acting. I normally don't waste time in watching a show as it's airing, I usually wait for it to finish. This show is different.

Still not the greatest show right now, that goes to GoT.

Reck
10-14-2015, 09:01 PM
:lol That's what you look for in a show, I don't. I could give two shits about liking characters. The story telling for the show is great as is the acting. I normally don't waste time in watching a show as it's airing, I usually wait for it to finish. This show is different.

Still not the greatest show right now, that goes to GoT.

That's what most people look for. It's not really just one opinion.

I could forgive the story more or less if the characters are multi layered.

Take Breaking Bad for instance. Not much of a story there. Who gives a fuck about the actual drug making part? It's all about the dynamic of the characters and how they go from gray to flat out evil.

Can say the same thing about The Walking Dead as well. At this point, no one cares about the Zombies. They're just background noise to the shit the characters go through.

cd021
02-12-2016, 04:26 AM
Through most of season 2, better than i expected the second season to be. 4/5

In general, i find showtime to be hit or miss.

Shameless maybe my favorite show on TV while Penny Dreadful is painfully bad.