PDA

View Full Version : Could the Spurs’ Frontcourt Become Something Historically Special?

TheDoctor
10-13-2015, 11:25 AM
Preseason is finally here, Spurs are 0-2 btw for those who have not been counting, but the constant believe is that San Antonio will be really good.

Now, fresh of the signing of the most coveted Free Agent in the offseason, the Spurs kinda began a rebuilding not so rebuilding process this summer. As you all know, besides LMA Spurs signed PF David West and Euroleague MVP Serbian Giant Boban Marjanovic. Pair those with the GOATPF and Boris and you end up with one of the best and deepest frontcourts in the League.

With the preseason underway, we are starting to get some glimpses and teases of what we can expect from a really special frontcourt. And I’m thrilled about it. Taking last night as an omen, you can foresight how the HI-Lo play between LMA and Tim Duncan will severely punish small-ball heavy teams and how ridiculous amazing the pick and pop between LMA and our perimeter players is going to be. You can notice DWest is still finding his niche and groove coming off the bench, but an important observation is that he seems very happy with his role and to be playing for the Spurs. His highly BBIQ should help him fit.

From the newly acquired big men trio, obviously Boban is the one who needs more time to adjust to the NBA style and pace. Sometimes he looks overwhelmed, tentative and anxious when near the ball. But given its size and massive body, Boban should intimidate 2nd/3rd string big men which are the ones he should be playing against. Offensively, so far he has looked averaged posting up and defensively he has looked nicely active. He has some pretty light feet for someone his size.

With that in mind, I think Pop hardest job will be fitting these big fellas rotations on the fly when particular matches change during games. But overall, with at least two superstars big men starting, one former All-Star, a multifaceted French and a Giant coming off the bench, the Spurs’ frontcourt is going to be GOOD. Really GOOD.

Could this Spurs' frontcourt become something historically special?

dabom
10-13-2015, 11:28 AM
Kawhi LMA Duncan is the best backcourt in the NBA right now. Fuck preseason standings.

spurraider21
10-13-2015, 11:40 AM
Kawhi LMA Duncan is the best backcourt in the NBA right now. Fuck preseason standings.
:lmao backcourt

dabom
10-13-2015, 11:41 AM
:lmao backcourt

Typo. :lol

benefactor
10-13-2015, 11:59 AM
Typo. :lol
Yeah...because the words front and back aren't opposites or anything.

dabom
10-13-2015, 12:02 PM
Yeah...because the words front and back aren't opposites or anything.

If you have seen the other hundred times I used it correctly, how else would you assess the error?

szkorhetz
10-13-2015, 12:06 PM
I could watch this all day long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srnMVg65Avo

webshad
10-13-2015, 12:17 PM
Front court will be solid, Spurs will dominate teams this year.

I'm only afraid of an early peak when it's a long season.

Fireball
10-13-2015, 12:19 PM
If you have seen the other hundred times I used it correctly, how else would you assess the error?

cause you are not only a faggot, but also an idiot

SuperCam
10-13-2015, 12:19 PM

LeBron Love Russian are better, tbh. But also more injury prone

dabom
10-13-2015, 12:29 PM

Mozgov and love? :wakeup

weeks
10-13-2015, 12:30 PM

man, we gave up splitter for this.
if LMA can just be serviceable on D....i think it's gonna be a fun season

TheDoctor
10-13-2015, 12:31 PM
...I'm only afraid of an early peak when it's a long season.

Early peaking with approximately 5 new rotation players should not be an issue. Usually teams who peak early in the season are teams who have spent some years playing together. Even then, Pop always love to keep mixing line-ups at the start of every season probably trying to avoid just that.

TheGreatYacht
10-13-2015, 12:56 PM

Finally other team's Centers gonna work on defense....

Horse
10-13-2015, 12:58 PM

Ok we know your a Spur-hating faggot but even you can not be serious

Kawhitstorm
10-13-2015, 01:01 PM
Best frontcourt since Admiral/Tim/Sean (98-99).

SuperCam
10-13-2015, 01:01 PM
Ok we know your a Spur-hating faggot but even you can not be serious

King James >>>>>>>> Kiwi
Love wash with LMAlpha
Tim > Russian

but Tim will play fewer minutes than the Russian so the Russian might still have more overall impact

Kawhitstorm
10-13-2015, 01:03 PM
King James >>>>>>>> Kiwi
Love wash with LMAlpha
Tim > Russian

but Tim will play fewer minutes than the Russian so the Russian might still have more overall impact

Regular season stats:lmao

http://i.imgur.com/CPYEit4.jpg

HarlemHeat37
10-13-2015, 01:07 PM
Spurs' frontcourt is much better than Cleveland's from a fit standpoint, tbh..

Post-prime Lebron and Love is a hideous defensive combination, not to mention their chemistry issues, last season..

SuperCam
10-13-2015, 01:07 PM
King James spanked that ass when you stop cherry picking, faggot. You think King James gets buttfucked by Matt Barnes? smh

kobyz
10-13-2015, 01:23 PM
^^^ what a knockout to the player fan krew!!!

dabom
10-13-2015, 01:24 PM
King James spanked that ass when you stop cherry picking, faggot. You think King James gets buttfucked by Matt Barnes? smh

I think you forgot the time Kawhi owned Lebron for Duncan's fifth ring. smh.

kobyz
10-13-2015, 02:13 PM
OP and others need to calm down with their praises and expectations, we still don't know how LMA handle this situation and if he can clean some nonsense in his game and become tougher, better winning player... Remember Duncan in his 40 year and can collapse anytime... David West is looking like what he is nowadays minimum contract player, he and Boris with no mobility almost... And Kawhi needs to recover from last playoff when Barnes open his ass...

BillMc
10-13-2015, 02:19 PM
Early peaking with approximately 5 new rotation players should not be an issue. Usually teams who peak early in the season are teams who have spent some years playing together. Even then, Pop always love to keep mixing line-ups at the start of every season probably trying to avoid just that.

This

BillMc
10-13-2015, 02:21 PM
Tim should have a shot at a career high in FG% this year.

At 40 no less...:lol

Mikeanaro
10-13-2015, 02:53 PM
We are only losing games because of the scrubs.

NameLess Scrub
10-13-2015, 03:09 PM
I don't like Lebron.. but I don't think he's past his time.
He's showing to be breaking down a little with more injuries, but he's still the same dominant Lebron and his role won't change IMO.

It probably should though. Lebron/Love sounds great, but they need to learn how to use Love's offensive skills since he can't dominate on defense.
Because of that, Cleveland's front court might not be that good..

TheDoctor
10-13-2015, 06:06 PM
I don't like Lebron.. but I don't think he's past his time.
He's showing to be breaking down a little with more injuries, but he's still the same dominant Lebron and his role won't change IMO.

It probably should though. Lebron/Love sounds great, but they need to learn how to use Love's offensive skills since he can't dominate on defense.
Because of that, Cleveland's front court might not be that good..

No worries about injuries when you can do a Balconish trip to Miami and refuel.

Spurtacular
10-13-2015, 06:25 PM
Tim should have a shot at a career high in FG% this year.

At 40 no less...:lol

Interesting thought. If last game wasn't an anomaly, you're probably right.

Spurtacular
10-13-2015, 06:51 PM
I don't think high percentages at older ages are that uncommon btw. A lot of volume shooters increase their percents when they become more selective with their shots.

unleashbaynes
10-13-2015, 08:10 PM

:hungry:

Seventyniner
10-13-2015, 09:54 PM

Good stuff, thanks for posting.

Aldridge needs to back up a few feet on that pick and pop. You can't tell me that he couldn't make almost as good of a percentage from 3 and the efficiency would skyrocket. It even draws a defender further from the basket.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-13-2015, 10:01 PM
Front court will be solid, Spurs will dominate teams this year.

I'm only afraid of an early peak when it's a long season.
wouldn't mind an early peak so we get to rest guys in late march and april with a huge lead in the standings, tbh

Kawhitstorm
10-13-2015, 10:11 PM

LeBron shot 39% & had 27 turnover against the Bulls (also shot 39% in his so called "epic" Finals) :lol meanwhile Kawhi shot 48% against the Clippers. Kawhi played w/ a net negative Porker/Splitter & Danny not being able to hit the side of the barn meanwhile LeBron had Kyrie against the Bulls & had Tristan going against a beat up Bulls frontline not to mention JR/Shumper/Delly played well against the Bulls. Jimmy Butler on a down year defensively had him huffing & puffing despite not having any legit rim protectors b/c of Noah/Pau being injured.

kobyz
10-13-2015, 10:53 PM

Post-prime Lebron and Love is a hideous defensive combination, not to mention their chemistry issues, last season..
Way to keep being this scrub poster and not learning from past mistakes need to be more modest and deliberate... What's that in you so insecure poster have to show off?

AFMadison
10-14-2015, 01:38 AM
We are only losing games because of the scrubs.

spursistan
10-30-2015, 09:40 PM
bump

PTS/Reb vs the Nets

TD: 15/8
LMA: 11/10
Kawhi: 16/10

:tu

Spurs9
10-31-2015, 11:00 AM
Going to be the best spurs team ever assembled tbh

SuperCam
10-31-2015, 11:23 AM

King James 29/5/4
Mr. love 24/14/5
Russian 9/5

Cleveland frontcourt still the league standard right now, tbhq.

"6th best team" :lmao

spursistan
11-03-2015, 12:51 PM
PTS/Reb vs the NYK

TD: 16/10
LMA: 19/6
Kawhi: 18/14

Our frontcourt has been basically carrying the team..it is no trespass zone..hopefully, it says the same way vs much better competition..looks like 2/3 will have Double doubles most of the nights..

Yuixafun
11-03-2015, 12:57 PM
SPurs front court D >>>>> Cleveland.

And KL has increased his physical prowess and basketball acumen.

While Lebron James is about to start declining in his prime, already past his physical prime.

And LMA is quick enough to stay on Love on the perimeter.

Meanwhile LMA can attack Love, Likewise for KL now.

Duncan is a Legend

TheDoctor
11-03-2015, 01:50 PM
Spurs' scoring in the paint this season has been outrageous. I mean, they're wrecking the competition from inside out.

Last night they shot 76.5% from 0-6ft:

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z357/GYR0MEISTER/Spurs_Knicks.png

SuperCam
11-03-2015, 02:31 PM
SPurs front court D >>>>> Cleveland.

And KL has increased his physical prowess and basketball acumen.

While Lebron James is about to start declining in his prime, already past his physical prime.

And LMA is quick enough to stay on Love on the perimeter.

Meanwhile LMA can attack Love, Likewise for KL now.

Duncan is a Legend

Spursfan :downspin:alert

Nig... Cleveland and Spurs differ only by 1.5 pts per game allowed in the paint right now, tbh :lol
https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/opponent-points-in-paint-per-game?date=2015-11-03

And on offense, their frontcourt leads the league in efficiency despite going against Noel and Whiteside so far :wow
http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/teamstats/16/3/eff/1-1

Only on this board is Kiwi and King James even mentioned in the same breath :lmao Despite this "decline" he's actually been playing very elite perimeter D this season so far, much better than last year even tbh...

TheDoctor
11-03-2015, 02:46 PM
....Despite this "decline" he's actually been playing very elite perimeter D this season so far, much better than last year even tbh...

Other than your opinion, you got any prove to back up that?

BillMc
11-03-2015, 02:52 PM
PTS/Reb vs the NYK

TD: 16/10
LMA: 19/6
Kawhi: 18/14

Our frontcourt has been basically carrying the team..it is no trespass zone..hopefully, it says the same way vs much better competition..looks like 2/3 will have Double doubles most of the nights..

Our frontcourt is so badass that freakin' David West can't even get (many) minutes.

SuperCam
11-03-2015, 03:02 PM
Other than your opinion, you got any prove to back up that?

He has the same number of Defensive win shares per game this year as Kiwi, DJordan, Gobert, Favors, and Butler

King James keeping up with the young guns :worthy:

TheDoctor
11-03-2015, 04:55 PM
He has the same number of Defensive win shares per game this year as Kiwi, DJordan, Gobert, Favors, and Butler

King James keeping up with the young guns :worthy:

Where are they? Where are those said numbers?

spursistan
11-03-2015, 06:42 PM
Our frontcourt is so badass that freakin' David West can't even get (many) minutes.
to be fair, he has looked way too lost himself and one hope he isn't "done"..I lean to the former until further notice..