PDA

View Full Version : Hey Avante...what am I missing here

SpursforSix
10-13-2015, 12:04 PM
Atlanta -3 vs. Saints.

That seems like easy money...too easy. Even if Jones is out.

Avante
10-13-2015, 01:10 PM
The perception is the Saints are in desperation mode, and the Falcons barely got by Wash at home, now on the road in a short week. With a less than 100% Julio Jones also a factor.

But....there is no team in the NFC better on TNF ATS than the Falcons, they are a gaudy 8-1 in this "spot". While the Saints a woeful 1-5 ATS, giving the Falcons a 13-2 trend.

But...back in 2012 when the Falcons were 8-0, they lost their first game in NO who were 3-5 at the time.

But...being this is now Dan Quinn's team just how much can we put in those trends?

I don't like the "spot' because it is time for the Falcons to lose a game and the Saints will be totally desperate.

I'd pass.

SpursforSix
10-13-2015, 01:18 PM
The perception is the Saints are in desperation mode, and the Falcons barely got by Wash at home, now on the road in a short week. With a less than 100% Julio Jones also a factor.

But....there is no team in the NFC better on TNF ATS than the Falcons, they are a gaudy 8-1 in this "spot". While the Saints a woeful 1-5 ATS, giving the Falcons a 13-2 trend.

But...back in 2012 when the Falcons were 8-0, they lost their first game in NO who were 3-5 at the time.

But...being this is now Dan Quinn's team just how much can we put in those trends?

I don't like the "spot' because it is time for the Falcons to lose a game and the Saints will be totally desperate.

I'd pass.

IDK...I'm looking at is as that the Falcons basically just had their loss but pulled it out. I can't see them backing off this game. Saints will be desperate but that doesn't mean they will have any luck stopping Ryan (who shouldn't have another shitty game in a row), Freeman, and Jones. Even Hankerson/White should be too much if Jones is out.

Will Hunting
10-13-2015, 01:27 PM
IDK...I'm looking at is as that the Falcons basically just had their loss but pulled it out. I can't see them backing off this game. Saints will be desperate but that doesn't mean they will have any luck stopping Ryan (who shouldn't have another shitty game in a row), Freeman, and Jones. Even Hankerson/White should be too much if Jones is out.
The Falcons have been playing down to their level of competition all year, this wasn't the first game they played a lot closer than they should have. There's also an element of unpredictability to Thursday night games that's never appealing. If Atlanta were favored by less then a full field goal it might be worth it.

Avante
10-13-2015, 01:30 PM

Last season the Packers were 5-2 had won 4 in a row, they got beat in NO 23-44, the Saints were 2-4.

The Saints on National tv, the only game on with their season pretty much on the line vs a team coming
off a subpar performance now on the road off a short week with a banged up superstar. Why mess with this "spor". especially since there are far better "spots" to play?

Sure all the trends scream FALCONS - the number, but the Falcons are due and the Saints are desperate.

I know better "spots" than this.

SpursforSix
10-13-2015, 01:44 PM
good points Will/Avante...

Avante
10-13-2015, 01:56 PM
good points Will/Avante...

Be careful with these Thursday games, we see more players sitting these games out than any others.

SpursforSix
10-13-2015, 01:58 PM
Yep, we are one and the same, couldn't fool you.

zooooom....this guy doesn't get it. Sheesh. I was talking to each of you indiviefdually but just marking one posts.
WOw.

SpursforSix
10-13-2015, 01:58 PM
The Falcons have been playing down to their level of competition all year, this wasn't the first game they played a lot closer than they should have. There's also an element of unpredictability to Thursday night games that's never appealing. If Atlanta were favored by less then a full field goal it might be worth it.

Good points Will.

SpursforSix
10-13-2015, 01:59 PM
Last season the Packers were 5-2 had won 4 in a row, they got beat in NO 23-44, the Saints were 2-4.

The Saints on National tv, the only game on with their season pretty much on the line vs a team coming
off a subpar performance now on the road off a short week with a banged up superstar. Why mess with this "spor". especially since there are far better "spots" to play?

Sure all the trends scream FALCONS - the number, but the Falcons are due and the Saints are desperate.

I know better "spots" than this.

Nice info jackass.

Avante
10-13-2015, 01:59 PM
zooooom....this guy doesn't get it. Sheesh. I was talking to each of you indiviefdually but just marking one posts.
WOw.

I fixed it.

Avante
10-13-2015, 02:00 PM
Nice info jackass.

Dude, you're soooo immature, it's comical.. What is that a pout, hahaha!!!!!!!!

SpursforSix
10-13-2015, 02:01 PM
Dude, you're soooo immature, it's comical.. What is that a pout, hahaha!!!!!!!!

What???? I'm just making sure that I acknowledged you each separately in different posts so you wouldn't think that I was saying you and Will were the same person.

Avante
10-13-2015, 02:15 PM
This just in....

Julio Jones wil play.

SpursforSix
10-13-2015, 02:42 PM
This just in....

Julio Jones wil play.

That's enough for me. I'll take the Falcons as soon as f'ing Bovada unlocks the line.

Avante
10-13-2015, 02:49 PM
That's enough for me. I'll take the Falcons as soon as f'ing Bovada unlocks the line.

Do me this favor little fella, ok?

Don't misunderstand my stance, ok? I'm not saying the Falcons can't covrer, ok I'm saying there are far better plays on the board with far less...???...attached to them. So don't do youir retarded monlkey bit.....SEE SEE I TOLD YOU...ok? I play "spots' with no..???...involved, alright?

There is a good reason the line is what it is, honest!

SpursforSix
10-13-2015, 02:54 PM
Do me this favor little fella, ok?

Don't misunderstand my stance, ok? I'm not saying the Falcons can't covrer, ok I'm saying there are far better plays on the board with far less...???...attached to them. So don't do youir retarded monlkey bit.....SEE SEE I TOLD YOU...ok? I play "spots' with no..???...involved, alright?

There is a good reason the line is what it is, honest!

well, there aren't any better plays for Thursday night.

Avante
10-13-2015, 03:00 PM
well, there aren't any better plays for Thursday night.

I do get this, do get the "need some action" because it makes the game more interesting when you are in the game. You win and lose along with the players, I do the same thing.

And, if I were going to play the game it would have to be the Falcons to cover. I just see a "spot" I'm not cool with, it does seem too easy.

SpursforSix
10-13-2015, 03:11 PM
I do get this, do get the "need some action" because it makes the game more interesting when you are in the game. You win and lose along with the players, I do the same thing.

And, if I were going to play the game it would have to be the Falcons to cover. I just see a "spot" I'm not cool with, it does seem too easy.

Yep. You got it. Also gives me the rest of the weekend to spread out any losses on some other bets. But I do like this one regardless of the setup for a Saints upset.
Hmmm..."setup" and "upset" are anagrams.

Avante
10-14-2015, 05:30 AM
Speaking of numders.

The Bears are 0-5 ATS last 5 vs Detroit. They are 1-14 ATS coming off a non conference game. They are heading into a bye week.

Here we have the classic double road vs double home, Bears on the road again vs a Lions team at home again. Huge advantage for any home team.

The Lions have played Broncos, Seahawks, Cards the last thre weeks, the Bears a step down.

Darth_Pelican
10-15-2015, 10:03 PM
Ever been to a Saints home night game with a HOF Qb under center? That's what you missed ctoa....

SpursforSix
10-15-2015, 10:39 PM
Ever been to a Saints home night game with a HOF Qb under center? That's what you missed ctoa....

Yeah. Falcons didn't help themselves but Brees made them pay. That tight end. Wish they had better weapons for Drew. He'd dominate if you gave him what Ryan has.