PDA

View Full Version : Kings: Rondo's relationship with George Karl "not going too well"

JohnnyMax
10-14-2015, 01:43 PM
http://www.slamonline.com/media/slam-tv/rajon-rondo-says-relationship-with-george-karl-not-going-too-well/

This was Rajon Rondo back in July, talking about his relationship with Sacramento Kings coach George Karl: “I think it’s a great fit. So far. We haven’t played any games, coach Karl hasn’t kicked me out of any practices yet, so we will see how it goes.”

“It’s not been going too well,” Rondo said Tuesday. “We got into a couple arguments the last couple of days. Hopefully, we continue to talk, and it will get better.”

10-14-2015, 01:56 PM
Cancer

~O~
10-14-2015, 01:58 PM
He's going to out of the league soon by thinking he's better than he actually is. The guys in Boston boosted his ego too much.

td4mvp2k
10-14-2015, 02:04 PM
never known a player who was player, coach, gm tbh

DJR210
10-14-2015, 02:07 PM
Moves like this further prove why Sacramento will continue to scrape the bottom of the West for lottery balls

Killakobe81
10-14-2015, 03:38 PM
RC is a top 3 coach in the league and he could not straighten out Rondo's ass. Maybe the extra freedom Karl gives will work but I think Sacto will crash and burn ...talent wise they are leaps and bounds ahead of the Lakers ... but I dont trust their team at all ...

Kawhitstorm
10-14-2015, 04:19 PM
Furious George is know to be a power hungry coach who doesn't like to be challenged by his players.

TheSanityAnnex
10-14-2015, 04:54 PM
Rondo trolling the media. Well done.

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/kings-blog/article39175953.html

Facebook

Reddit

Email

Kings point guard Rajon Rondo admitted Wednesday afternoon that his comments to a website Tuesday night that he and coach George Karl were not getting along were made in jest.
Rondo, in his first season with the Kings, said he was having fun with a reporter he did not know and did not expect his comments to become a national story.

“I have a dry sense of humor and I can keep a straight face when I’m joking,” Rondo said. “There’s nothing between George and I. I didn’t think the story would run this much, but I guess it did. I really wasn’t supposed to be doing media anyway (Tuesday night), the guy (reporter) just caught me. He was new and I thought I’d have some fun with him. I thought I’d have some fun with him.​
During training camp, Rondo and Karl openly joked about their relationship within hearing distance of reporters.

“You’re being tricked, you’re being tricked,” Karl told reporters after practice.
Tuesday’s comments after the Kings beat the Lakers 107-100 in a preseason game in Las Vegas were perhaps picked up nationally because of Rondo’s tenuous stay with the Dallas Mavericks last season. Traded by the Celtics, the former All-Star clashed with Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle toward the end of the season and reportedly “mutually agreed to part ways” with the team.
The Kings added Rondo to the roster this season to give the team a polished and proven point guard and the team another veteran leader.
So far, Karl says he’s enjoyed his time with the veteran.

“My relationship is so good with Rondo, if it gets better I’d get scared,” Karl said after practice Wednesday at Sleep Train Arena.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/kings-blog/article39175953.html#storylink=cpy

TheSanityAnnex
10-14-2015, 04:56 PM
Moves like this further prove why Sacramento will continue to scrape the bottom of the West for lottery balls

8th seed this year book it.

DJR210
10-14-2015, 05:07 PM
8th seed this year book it.

Doubt it bruh.. Too many perfect ingredients for a month 2 implosion IMO. No way Boogie is going to get along with Franklin after the losses start coming in.

spurraider21
10-14-2015, 05:32 PM
Rondo trolling the media. Well done.

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/kings-blog/article39175953.html

Facebook

Reddit

Email

Kings point guard Rajon Rondo admitted Wednesday afternoon that his comments to a website Tuesday night that he and coach George Karl were not getting along were made in jest.
Rondo, in his first season with the Kings, said he was having fun with a reporter he did not know and did not expect his comments to become a national story.

“I have a dry sense of humor and I can keep a straight face when I’m joking,” Rondo said. “There’s nothing between George and I. I didn’t think the story would run this much, but I guess it did. I really wasn’t supposed to be doing media anyway (Tuesday night), the guy (reporter) just caught me. He was new and I thought I’d have some fun with him. I thought I’d have some fun with him.​
During training camp, Rondo and Karl openly joked about their relationship within hearing distance of reporters.

“You’re being tricked, you’re being tricked,” Karl told reporters after practice.
Tuesday’s comments after the Kings beat the Lakers 107-100 in a preseason game in Las Vegas were perhaps picked up nationally because of Rondo’s tenuous stay with the Dallas Mavericks last season. Traded by the Celtics, the former All-Star clashed with Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle toward the end of the season and reportedly “mutually agreed to part ways” with the team.
The Kings added Rondo to the roster this season to give the team a polished and proven point guard and the team another veteran leader.
So far, Karl says he’s enjoyed his time with the veteran.

“My relationship is so good with Rondo, if it gets better I’d get scared,” Karl said after practice Wednesday at Sleep Train Arena.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/kings-blog/article39175953.html#storylink=cpy

solid damage control :tu

TheSanityAnnex
10-14-2015, 05:44 PM
solid damage control :tu

Did you even watch the interview? It was so obvious when I saw it last night he was fucking with the prepubescent reporter.

TheSanityAnnex
10-14-2015, 05:46 PM
Doubt it bruh.. Too many perfect ingredients for a month 2 implosion IMO. No way Boogie is going to get along with Franklin after the losses start coming in.

I'm looking forward to the season. The interior D looks dominant. Cauley-Stein is the real deal, don't think I've ever seen a player his size move like that before. He can literally guard 1-5.

Biernutz
10-14-2015, 05:55 PM
sure Rondo...humor.....*Insert Hillary laugh here(hahahahahah) what a joker......

DJR210
10-14-2015, 06:03 PM
I'm looking forward to the season. The interior D looks dominant. Cauley-Stein is the real deal, don't think I've ever seen a player his size move like that before. He can literally guard 1-5.

What are your thoughts on Karl as coach?

TheSanityAnnex
10-14-2015, 06:09 PM
What are your thoughts on Karl as coach?
Depends how he uses Cousins. Definitely don't want to see them running up and down. They're built for the half court and pounding it inside.

Red Hawk #21
10-14-2015, 08:13 PM
Depends how he uses Cousins. Definitely don't want to see them running up and down. They're built for the half court and pounding it inside.

Why not do both? Run and try to get easy baskets and when that's not possible give it to Boogie down low.

Big Dog
10-14-2015, 08:38 PM
Rondo is a good troll:lol

DeRozan m8
10-15-2015, 03:45 AM
Kings using Pops interview as the narrative in damage control tbh

Chris
11-10-2015, 12:39 AM
:lol 1-7 :lol

Robz4000
11-10-2015, 12:44 AM
Was thinking it'd take until January for infighting to start, but it might happen much earlier.