PDA

View Full Version : Tesla autopilot. The future is here.

.G.
10-14-2015, 08:36 PM
3yCAZWdqX_Y

Actually:

"There is no present. There is only the immediate future and the recent past. " - Carlin

DJR210
10-14-2015, 09:07 PM
So does a self driving car eliminate DWI's?

DarrinS
10-14-2015, 09:21 PM
So does a self driving car eliminate DWI's?

Damn good point. Liability issues are going to be crazy.

DarrinS
10-14-2015, 09:21 PM
Personally, I hate the whole self-driving nag cars push.

10-14-2015, 09:40 PM
dude is such a faggot

This won''t be readily available for at least 15-20 years, but it looks cool. Will save lives for sure.

DJR210
10-14-2015, 09:43 PM

Shit, I would fight any DWI w/ the self driving car defense.. It would have to be dismissed unless the cars have a log that can be accessed

Biernutz
10-14-2015, 10:05 PM
Who will have the money to by these cars? These are extreme hi-tech cars...who will fix them......Kids don't
want to get greasy and dirty anymore. they all want to sit behind a desk......

FkLA
10-14-2015, 11:19 PM
Who will have the money to by these cars? These are extreme hi-tech cars...who will fix them......Kids don't
want to get greasy and dirty anymore. they all want to sit behind a desk......

Bro I'm sure the autopilot system is mostly electrical. Probably wouldn't have to get greasy and dirty to fix it.

Biernutz
10-14-2015, 11:44 PM
Bro I'm sure the autopilot system is mostly electrical. Probably wouldn't have to get greasy and dirty to fix it.

Well bro I worked on electrical systems and there are gearbox drives , brakes, wheels, steering assy in these cars. Even if it has
no gasoline motor it still has the parts of a car. With all the systems to make it run without a driver you
will need some one who has to still fix the car parts but still have the skills of a advance computer repair man. It's hard
to find a guy who will do both today. I love Hi-tech stuff but it breaks also and someone has to fix it.

Kawhitstorm
10-15-2015, 12:15 AM
No thanks, I'll stick to taking the train & riding my bike. If only they invested more in bike lanes......

DJR210
10-15-2015, 12:15 AM
Well bro I worked on electrical systems and there are gearbox drives , brakes, wheels, steering assy in these cars.

2 day ban is right.. I don't think any of those parts are going to affect the automated portion of the car driving

No thanks, I'll stick to taking the train & riding my bike. If only they invested more in bike lanes......

Where you from anyway?

Biernutz
10-15-2015, 12:38 AM
2 day ban is right.. I don't think any of those parts are going to affect the automated portion of the car driving

You should get one. good luck!

http://www.conserve-energy-future.com/HowElectricCarsWork.php

DJR210
10-15-2015, 12:40 AM
You should get one. good luck!

:lol what a 2 day ban, or an auto driving car?

Biernutz
10-15-2015, 12:48 AM
:lol what a 2 day ban, or an auto driving car?

auto drive car.... hydrogen fuel cell car is my choice a car for the future

DJR210
10-15-2015, 12:50 AM
auto drive car.... hydrogen fuel cell car is my choice a car for the future

Can you imagine the government tax applied to a hydrogen fueled car per year?

Biernutz
10-15-2015, 12:57 AM
Can you imagine the government tax applied to a hydrogen fueled car per year?

Wal-Mart has a fleet of Hydrogen fueled equipment at a distribution center......Honda and Toyota are testing
them in California right now .........it's the future..

BatManu20
10-15-2015, 01:24 AM
Fake and gay.

pgardn
10-15-2015, 07:11 AM
Well bro I worked on electrical systems and there are gearbox drives , brakes, wheels, steering assy in these cars. Even if it has
no gasoline motor it still has the parts of a car. With all the systems to make it run without a driver you
will need some one who has to still fix the car parts but still have the skills of a advance computer repair man. It's hard
to find a guy who will do both today. I love Hi-tech stuff but it breaks also and someone has to fix it.

For FckLA, friction does not exist.
Moving parts = friction. Live with it.
I guess he has got them without moving parts on on a magnetic rail.

Basically the car becomes more difficult for the consumer to fix.

pgardn
10-15-2015, 07:14 AM

When the self driving cars get in accidents it will become a very interesting insurance mess.

.G.
10-15-2015, 08:58 AM
This technology could very well signal the beginning of the end for truck drivers.

That ngga Jacque Fresco was on to something when he said, "If technology does not liberate all people for the pursuit of higher aspirations in human achievement, then all its technical potential will be meaningless."

Although in this case it stands to put thousands of nggas outta work. Poor waffle houses.

FkLA
10-15-2015, 09:09 AM
2 day ban is right..

:lol

For FckLA, friction does not exist.
Moving parts = friction. Live with it.
I guess he has got them without moving parts on on a magnetic rail.
Basically the car becomes more difficult for the consumer to fix.

WTF are you talking about. Whatever it is that is moving the steering wheel and pressing the brake is obviously mechanical, but I don't think those mechanisms are all that complex. The complexity of the system is in the sensors, boards and wiring. You'll have to maintain and replace those alot more often than the braking/steering mechanisms imo.

hater
10-15-2015, 09:49 AM
It's still a gimmick so far.

But anything that gets us closer to using fuel efficient electric cars is a step in the right direction..

But today the Tesla autopilot is a gimmick

DarrinS
10-15-2015, 11:02 AM
When the self driving cars get in accidents it will become a very interesting insurance mess.

Definitely.

DarrinS
10-15-2015, 11:07 AM

But anything that gets us closer to using fuel efficient electric cars is a step in the right direction..

Not really. It's how the technology is evolving. It started with antilock breaks and stability control. Next came auto parallel parking. Next, we started to see adaptive cruise control and automatic accident avoidance features. More and more human-controlled features are becoming automated.

SpursforSix
10-15-2015, 11:16 AM
what's going to happen if a car automatically swerves to avoid a car or object but runs them into a person. Will the car know which object is the more preferable to avoid?
What if the car comes upon a black man and white cop and is going to hit one or the other? Will someone's life be determined by a racist programmer?

DJR210
10-15-2015, 11:30 AM
what's going to happen if a car automatically swerves to avoid a car or object but runs them into a person. Will the car know which object is the more preferable to avoid?
What if the car comes upon a black man and white cop and is going to hit one or the other? Will someone's life be determined by a racist programmer?

This is a very interesting point.

FkLA
10-15-2015, 11:47 AM

Reminds me of that Will Smith robot movie where a car accident happened and the car was submerged underwater...the robot chose to save Smith instead of a child because it calculated that Smith had a higher chance of survival.

It probably just has motion or object sensors though. So it will swerve to avoid the first object and then do it's best to avoid the second one as well, it won't really differentiate which is more important.

hater
10-15-2015, 11:55 AM
Not really. It's how the technology is evolving. It started with antilock breaks and stability control. Next came auto parallel parking. Next, we started to see adaptive cruise control and automatic accident avoidance features. More and more human-controlled features are becoming automated.

Sure. But its no autopilot. Thus gimmick

Wild Cobra
10-15-2015, 02:02 PM
This is a very interesting point.

More interesting yet, could the driver be charged with manslaughter?

Kawhitstorm
10-15-2015, 03:54 PM
Where you from anyway?

Not some shit hole state in the south

SpursforSix
10-15-2015, 04:37 PM
Lots to go wrong. Suppose you're in the left lane of a two way 4 lane road with no median. If a car on your right swerves in, will your car swerve away and in to the oncoming traffic?

DJR210
10-15-2015, 04:54 PM
Not some shit hole state in the south

Texas is a great state and has two of the fastest growing cities in the country. You're probably a 3rd worlder tbh

Kawhitstorm
10-15-2015, 09:08 PM
Texas is a great state and has two of the fastest growing cities in the country. You're probably a 3rd worlder tbh

You can take a hick out of the country but you can't take the hick out of him.

DJR210
10-16-2015, 12:42 AM
You can take a hick out of the country but you can't take the hick out of him.

:lol That was pretty weak son

Joseph Kony
10-16-2015, 12:52 AM
pls stop with the geographical insults :cry

Kawhitstorm
10-16-2015, 02:06 AM
pls stop with the geographical insults :cry

If must be hard living in a jungle

benefactor
10-16-2015, 06:16 AM
Stick shift or gtfo

boutons_deux
10-16-2015, 08:05 AM

:lol

hater
10-16-2015, 09:13 AM
Stick shift or gtfo

used to think this when I was a kid.

now it's V8 or gtfo

Joseph Kony
10-16-2015, 11:38 AM
If must be hard living in a jungle
When you have an unlimited supply of fresh black boy booty to tear up and your whim, it's not so bad tbh

benefactor
10-16-2015, 11:57 AM
used to think this when I was a kid.

now it's V8 or gtfo
I have both tbh. :tu

Slomo
10-16-2015, 06:05 PM
The CEO of Mercedes went on record a year ago that their top models could drive autonomously with just a software upgrade. That the necessary technology is both available and mostly built in. The only reason why they are not doing it is legal (liabilities).

I believe that this is the same reason why Google cars are still experimental despite millions of real world miles driven already.

You could say that the Tesla firmware upgrade is a collection of party tricks limited in scope on purpose so that the responsibility for the safe behavior of the car is still with the driver.

DarrinS
10-16-2015, 07:16 PM
I trust the human visual cortex more than these algorithms. A good driver looks several cars ahead. Unless all vehicles communicated with each other, I don't think any camera or sensor currently has that capability.

mouse
10-16-2015, 08:23 PM
When you have an unlimited supply of fresh black boy booty to tear up and your whim, it's not so bad tbh

Avante?

mouse
10-16-2015, 08:24 PM

What do you consider fresh?

Winehole23
05-23-2018, 12:44 PM
Tesla 3 fails to earn a CR recommendation:

“These problems keep the Model 3 from earning a Consumer Reports recommendation. The Tesla’s stopping distance of 152 feet from 60 mph was far worse than any contemporary car we’ve tested and about 7 feet longer than the stopping distance of a Ford F-150 full-sized pickup… CR’s experience with the Model 3’s braking is not unique. Car and Driver, in its published test of a Model 3, said it noticed “a bizarre amount of variation” in its test, including one stop from 70 mph that took ‘an interminable 196 feet.'” So, blistering acceleration but unable to stop. Oopsie. Musk says this can be fixed with firmware. We’ll see. Tesla controls, however, will be harder to fix: “Another major factor that compromised the Model 3’s road-test score was its controls. This car places almost all its controls and displays on a center touch screen, with no gauges on the dash, and few buttons inside the car. This layout forces drivers to take multiple steps to accomplish simple tasks. Our testers found that everything from adjusting the mirrors to changing the direction of the airflow from the air-conditioning vents required using the touch screen. These types of complex interactions with a touch screen can cause driver distraction because each act forces drivers to take their eyes off the road and a hand off the steering wheel.”https://www.consumerreports.org/hybrids-evs/tesla-model-3-review-falls-short-of-consumer-reports-recommendation/

clambake
05-23-2018, 03:02 PM
they gave great reviews for the s model, and then suddenly changed their mind.

Biernutz
05-23-2018, 03:45 PM
I don't trust the cars ton to be programmed for any thing that comes up on the road.
It's a good idea but I don't trust the software. How many times has your GPS sent you in the
wrong direction?

Pavlov
05-23-2018, 05:58 PM
they gave great reviews for the s model, and then suddenly changed their mind.That car could actually stop.

boutons_deux
05-30-2018, 04:06 PM
Tesla on autopilot ran into a parked police car

hater
05-30-2018, 04:28 PM

Called this shit years ago nigas

:lmao the morons that were buying this pile of shit of a car for its self driving :lol

Tesla is a shit brand and hopefully it will bcome history soon