PDA

View Full Version : If this team ever plays LA again the post season this year...Most improved matchup?

apalisoc_9
10-15-2015, 02:03 AM
Aldridge is going to absolutely neutralize griffin.

I highly, highly doubt griffin can bully Aldridge...O

Not saying Aldridge is a better player than Griffin..he isn't IMO, but I think it's the one matchup I think we'd be so much better against with Aldridge on the team.

How does the the spurs match up now with other teams with the Aldridge addition?

Kuestmaster
10-15-2015, 02:25 AM
Awful thread title, like all your takes.

iManu
10-15-2015, 02:26 AM
Thought you didn't want Aldridge.

JohnnyMax
10-15-2015, 02:37 AM
Aldridge > Griffin > Kawhi

apalisoc_9
10-15-2015, 02:44 AM
Aldridge > Griffin > Kawhi

Go find a thread from another forum to copy, dumbass. This guy can't even come up with his own shit.

Kawhi>>>>>>>>>>>Any of those two

Fireball
10-15-2015, 02:44 AM
Still too early. We only have the PS game against Miami (2 and a half quarters) for reference ... the offense already looked very potent despite 3pointers not falling - we had over 75 points with 5 minutes to go in the third. PnR defense could be worse than last season, so teams like the Clippers and Rockets are big challenges IMO.

apalisoc_9
10-15-2015, 02:50 AM
Still too early. We only have the PS game against Miami (2 and a half quarters) for reference ... the offense already looked very potent despite 3pointers not falling - we had over 75 points with 5 minutes to go in the third. PnR defense could be worse than last season, so teams like the Clippers and Rockets are big challenges IMO.

If the spurs utilize Aldridge on the Pop or roll against Houston instead of the post upz that's going to take out Howard in the paint for a bit...That's huge, IMO.

Fireball
10-15-2015, 02:53 AM
If the spurs utilize Aldridge on the Pop or roll against Houston, that's going to take out howard in the paint for a bit...That's huge, IMO. As I said ... offense will not be a problem, but is that enough? In the end last year's team lost to the team that lost to the team that lost to the eventual NBA champion. I know it is about matchups and HCA, but will the defense be good enough to go through the West? I have no clue tbh

hater
10-15-2015, 06:28 AM
Awful thread title, like all your takes.

SsKSpurs21
10-15-2015, 11:16 AM
when I saw LA, i just automatically assumed the Lakers...come to find out you meant clippers. my how the lakers have fallen....

SuperCam
10-15-2015, 11:23 AM
What a faggot. Blake has been clearly better than LMAlpha in almost every matchup:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=griffbl01&p2=aldrila01

Just be glad your boy kiwi doesn't have to go against matt barnes again, tbh

LongtimeSpursFan
10-15-2015, 07:39 PM
Stick to what your good at OP (Kawhi is great, Porker sucks). All your other threads are shite.

Tuddy
10-15-2015, 07:46 PM
Having someone at the 4 who can move. Splitter shouldn't have been playing last postseason

Tuddy
10-15-2015, 07:48 PM
LMA should be bullying everyone, dude is 6-11 & 275 and is strong as fuck.

tholdren
10-15-2015, 08:16 PM

I highly, highly doubt griffin can bully Aldridge...O

Not saying Aldridge is a better player than Griffin..he isn't IMO, but I think it's the one matchup I think we'd be so much better against with Aldridge on the team.

How does the the spurs match up now with other teams with the Aldridge addition?

They still can't score from the perimeter. LMA can't bully people on offense. SA will have to count on LMA hitting jumpers, as well as West coming up big, and some new blood rim attacking. Otherwise the LMA signing means nothing.

Leebrix
10-15-2015, 11:04 PM

How does the Spurs durrr durrr

Do you talk as stupid as you type? Fuckin tard.

BillMc
10-15-2015, 11:06 PM
I trust Pop over the long haul to outmaneuver Doc. We'd win the rematch, I think.

Clipper Nation
10-15-2015, 11:20 PM
Blake has traditionally shitted on Aldridge, IIRC.

playbonner
10-15-2015, 11:26 PM
No more Matt Barnes owning Kawhi

SuperCam
10-15-2015, 11:28 PM

Astute :tu

PrimeMinister
10-15-2015, 11:37 PM
Another spurstalk thread saturated with ad hominem and a direct lack of basketball talk. Good work fellas.

Yeah, I agree with apalisoc here actually. The match up would have been greatly different with a healthy Tiago last year, but having aldridge's range is going to be huge against a variety of teams with rim protectors that have given us fits. When tim sits, we can roll out a line up with west and LMA, or boris and LMA, and force DJ out of the paint. Even a declined Tony will be able to attack the rim and kick like we've seen for over a decade now. Spacing will be great, and by the time the post season rolls around LMA will prove to not only the NBA but this board that he is a willing and capable defender.

Spurtacular
10-15-2015, 11:51 PM

Just be glad your boy kiwi doesn't have to go against matt barnes again, tbh

Not if we play Memphis.

Spurtacular
10-16-2015, 12:00 AM
Speaking of Barnes, someone point me to a thread I assume would have been made on this at the time:

http://nypost.com/2015/10/07/matt-barnes-attacks-knicks-coach-fisher-for-dating-ex-wife/

apalisoc_9
10-16-2015, 12:06 AM

Blake is a superior player. I don't see how he isn't. He's MILES ahead as a post passer, and a post up player IMO..He's close as a shooter too.

But at least this time, the spurs wound't be absolutely murdered in the PF position like last year. Just need Adlridge to be decent, IMO.

spurraider21
10-16-2015, 03:08 AM

Just need Adlridge to be decent, IMO.
:wow

Horse
10-16-2015, 12:49 PM
Another spurstalk thread saturated with ad hominem and a direct lack of basketball talk. Good work fellas.

Yeah, I agree with apalisoc here actually. The match up would have been greatly different with a healthy Tiago last year, but having aldridge's range is going to be huge against a variety of teams with rim protectors that have given us fits. When tim sits, we can roll out a line up with west and LMA, or boris and LMA, and force DJ out of the paint. Even a declined Tony will be able to attack the rim and kick like we've seen for over a decade now. Spacing will be great, and by the time the post season rolls around LMA will prove to not only the NBA but this board that he is a willing and capable defender.

The numbers say LA is a much better defender than he's given credit for. And his whole game will improve being with Timmy, Pop and this team.

Kool Bob Love
10-16-2015, 12:56 PM

No he hasn't dumbass.

DrSteffo
10-16-2015, 03:27 PM
Are u on crack or what?