PDA

View Full Version : Judicial Watch: Obama Golf, Fundraising Trips Cost $4.4 Million

ducks
10-15-2015, 06:46 PM
President Barack Obama's golf outings and fundraising trips in February and March of this year cost taxpayers $4.4 million, according to records obtained by Judicial Watch.

Citing Air Force records received through two Freedom of Information Act requests, Judicial Watch reported on four trips taken by Obama. The Secret Service has not responded to FOIA requests about the costs of security on the trips, the group said.

"Taxpayers should be outraged that Barack Obama wastes $4.4 million of their precious tax dollars on golf vacations and political fundraising," Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said in a statement.

BUT LETS TAX THE RICH MORE and blame the republicans about the money the usa has

boutons_deux
10-15-2015, 06:54 PM
aw, not this shit again.

JW is VRWC stink tank.

ducks
10-15-2015, 06:57 PM
prove the numbers are false!

ElNono
10-15-2015, 07:07 PM
It's the president. What do you expect, that he waltzes around without security? It comes with the job.

ElNono
10-15-2015, 07:08 PM
You can certainly debate whether security for the prez for an event costs that much, but security will be there no matter what. He probably takes $1m shits surrounded by man in black. C'est la vie.

Spurminator
10-15-2015, 07:44 PM
Has Judicial Watch run the numbers on how much of the money syphoned off our 401K's was used for hookers and blow?

TeyshaBlue
10-15-2015, 07:46 PM
You can certainly debate whether security for the prez for an event costs that much, but security will be there no matter what. He probably takes $1m shits surrounded by man in black. C'est la vie.

Word. :tu

Ducks is just bizarro boutons.

ducks
10-15-2015, 08:43 PM
It's the president. What do you expect, that he waltzes around without security? It comes with the job.

The Florida trip was a golf outing at the Floridian National Golf Club, where members pay a $50,000 initiation fee and $15,000 in annual dues.

I expect security I do not expect this though

ElNono
10-15-2015, 09:26 PM
The Florida trip was a golf outing at the Floridian National Golf Club, where members pay a $50,000 initiation fee and $15,000 in annual dues.

He should pay those fees out of pocket, but I don't see any indication in what you posted that he did not. Plus those two fees are a far cry from $4m...

But, regardless, Presidents actually do have time for leisure. This is as retarded as when the Dems bitched because Dubya spending time in his ranch.

DMX7
10-15-2015, 11:27 PM

Where were you when Bush was taking vacations... he took a lot.

ducks
10-16-2015, 12:09 AM
Did I agree with that no
However going to a ranch in USA is cheaper then going overseas and going golfing at 15k a year

ducks
10-16-2015, 12:12 AM
Going on vacation is on thing going on fundraising for your party is another

boutons_deux
10-16-2015, 06:24 AM
Did I agree with that no
However going to a ranch in USA is cheaper then going overseas and going golfing at 15k a year

Hawaii is "over a sea" but isn't foreign country.

Wild Cobra
10-16-2015, 10:19 AM
prove the numbers are false!

The numbers are probably accurate.

I am one of the biggest haters of that Obamanation we have in office. However, no president should be shackled to his desk because it costs lots of money for him to go places. They not only fly Airforce One, but fly several other planes for the bullet proof vehicles, staff, secret service agents, etc.

Those of you dis'n this Obamanation for travel expenses are no better than the Moore-ons who complained about Bush's vacation days.

Now I agree there are times to scrutinize how much money is spent, but that's mostly when he's with Mrs. Obamanation, vacationing. Prior presidents had homes they vacationed at. The current occupants of the WH shouldn't be allowed to spend so much at hotels when on vacation, unless it's there own money.

They're leaving the White house in 16 months. They should buy a nice house and property to vacation in.

Wild Cobra
10-16-2015, 10:24 AM
Where were you when Bush was taking vacations... he took a lot.
LOL...

The time portrayed my michael Moore-on was while the oval office was being remodeled, and it was a working vacation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqgyZCNfsSs

DMX7
10-16-2015, 10:32 AM
LOL...

The time portrayed my michael Moore-on was while the oval office was being remodeled, and it was a working vacation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqgyZCNfsSs

Wait, so he can't work or work in the White House because the Oval Office is being remodeled? :lol

I guess they don't have any other rooms where he could work. :rollin

Wild Cobra
10-16-2015, 11:05 AM
Wait, so he can't work or work in the White House because the Oval Office is being remodeled? :lol

I guess they don't have any other rooms where he could work. :rollin

What a pity.

You rationalize to find fault.

boutons_deux
10-16-2015, 11:11 AM
http://www.factcheck.org/2014/08/presidential-vacations/

Spurminator
10-16-2015, 11:19 AM

Do members have to pay that if they are the President of the United States?

Wild Cobra
10-17-2015, 04:14 AM
http://www.factcheck.org/2014/08/presidential-vacations/

To count any time the president is away from Washington, doesn't make it a vacation. Bush did far more foreign policy, and often conducted business at his ranch, Camp David, or over seas.

You libtards should stop showing your ignorance.

boutons_deux
10-17-2015, 10:06 AM
To count any time the president is away from Washington, doesn't make it a vacation. Bush did far more foreign policy, and often conducted business at his ranch, Camp David, or over seas.

You libtards should stop showing your ignorance.

dubya went his crawford place, built in 2001, in the TX country to prove he was such a rugged western cowboy, chopping brush, riding horses, a Real Man (who are pretty fuck stupid in TX) of the simple people. was ALL BULLSHIT CHARADE to sucker you rightwingnuts

He loved it so much, such a baaad aass cowboy, that he retired to a wealthy Dallas suburb and sold his crawford show property.

Dubya and St Ronnie went to their vacation homes 10s of time to vacation, not to work. And of course, the cost of travel plus support staff was horrendous compared with just "working" in DC.

Wild Cobra
10-17-2015, 12:36 PM
dubya went his crawford place, built in 2001, in the TX country to prove he was such a rugged western cowboy, chopping brush, riding horses, a Real Man (who are pretty fuck stupid in TX) of the simple people. was ALL BULLSHIT CHARADE to sucker you rightwingnuts

LOL...

He bought the ranch in 1999, and their custom Eco-friendly home was finished in 2001.

I guess that goes with your conspiracy theory that he stole the 2000 election.

He loved it so much, such a baaad aass cowboy, that he retired to a wealthy Dallas suburb and sold his crawford show property.

I think he still own the property, doesn't he? Last I heard, they still go there. They just live in Dallas now. Kept the ranch though.

Only fools like you assign reason without fact.

Dubya and St Ronnie went to their vacation homes 10s of time to vacation, not to work. And of course, the cost of travel plus support staff was horrendous compared with just "working" in DC.

At least aren't weren't homeless like Obama is.

ChumpDumper
10-17-2015, 12:45 PM

You libtards should stop showing your ignorance.What is your proof he did "more foreign policy"?

Wild Cobra
10-17-2015, 01:10 PM
What is your proof he did "more foreign policy"?

I'm not going to waste my time searching for facts you can find yourself if you want to know. This is years back now. Don't you remember the news?

ChumpDumper
10-17-2015, 01:11 PM
I'm not going to waste my time searching for facts you can find yourself if you want to know. This is years back now. Don't you remember the news?So you just made it up from your dim memories of "the news."

Figures.

boutons_deux
10-17-2015, 03:35 PM
The problem is that Bush wasn’t thrifty. He was the most expensive vacation president in U.S. history. Not only did Bush spend more days on vacation than any other president, but he used Air Force One more often while on vacation than any other president. In response to growing criticism that the president was on vacation too much, the Bush administration adopted the Rovian tactic of scheduling, “work events” while the president was in Crawford so that they could claim that President Bush’s vacations were working vacations.

During Bush’s two terms, the cost of operating Air Force One ranged from $56,800 to $68,000 an hour.

Bush used Air Force One 77 times to go to his ranch in Crawford,

Texas. Using the low end cost of $56,800, Media Matters calculated that each trip to Crawford cost taxpayers $259,687, and $20 million total for Bush’s ranch flights.

http://www.ourmidland.com/opinion/letters/bush-s-vacations-costly/article_5085f00d-273d-5fc4-98e0-807933cf9e74.html

that's just for the flights. then there is the cost of staff, security, etc.

Our compensation is that dubya said he worked real "hard" at faking President, and cleary busted his butt in Crawford's 77 visits.

spurraider21
10-17-2015, 03:40 PM
Thread about Obama, immediately deflect to Bush. This is like when threads upstairs get deflected to Parker

ChumpDumper
10-17-2015, 03:50 PM
I guess. In this case there has to be some comparison to be sure OUTRAGE is in order. Bushy is the closest President to be used for comparison -- seems natural.

I think "vacation" time and the related expenses are probably justified for both.

boutons_deux
10-17-2015, 03:51 PM
Thread about Obama, immediately deflect to Bush. This is like when threads upstairs get deflected to Parker

the truth hurts, doesn't it.

.. because Repugs, Fox, and you rightwingnuts are stupidly whining and bitching about Obama's travel/vacation expenses, which are best understood in the context of St Ronnie's and dubya's EXCESSIVE vacationing.

spurraider21
10-17-2015, 03:57 PM
Bush is one of the worst presidents in recent memory. If that's the standard you hold Obama to, you must be pretty low on him tbh

boutons_deux
10-17-2015, 04:07 PM
Bush is one of the worst presidents in recent memory. If that's the standard you hold Obama to, you must be pretty low on him tbh

bullshit, as always

we're talking only about number of vacations and expenses.

nobody's but you, strawman, is comparing the overall disaster of dubya with the presidency of Obama.

spurraider21
10-17-2015, 04:09 PM
Not necessarily their entire presidencies. You posted about bush having the record for vacations. And you're using him as a barometer for Barry

boutons_deux
10-17-2015, 04:17 PM
Not necessarily their entire presidencies. You posted about bush having the record for vacations. And you're using him as a barometer for Barry

so why not? Useful Idiot St Ronnie was also famous for his long and frequent vacations to his western WH.

ducks
10-17-2015, 10:39 PM
I do not agree with waste on vacation money on any president

Nbadan
10-18-2015, 02:57 AM
so why not? Useful Idiot St Ronnie was also famous for his long and frequent vacations to his western WH.

Pretty much on a mental vacation his whole second term IMO

ChumpDumper
10-18-2015, 03:09 AM
I do not agree with waste on vacation money on any presidentSo what do you consider wasteful? I suggest you go back through the entire last century of Presidents, add up all the spending on them, adjust for inflation and tell us which ones should spur OUTRAGE in us.

Thank you in advance. I look forward to your detailed and thoroughly sourced results.

Nbadan
10-18-2015, 03:33 AM
http://images.dailykos.com/images/170563/large/10.15.15_01_1_.jpg

Keep in mind, in the Obama era, the deficit has shrunk by $1 trillion. That’s “trillion,” with a “t.” As a percentage of the economy, the deficit is now down to just 2.5%, which is below the average of the past half-century, and down from 9.8% when the president took office.
Revisiting our coverage from several months ago, I looked for press releases from the “Obama is turning us into Greece!” crowd, eager to see them celebrate President Obama’s striking record on deficit reduction, but so far, nothing has turned up. Maybe they’re busy.

And in practical terms, that’s a shame. The vast majority of Americans are absolutely certain—thanks to deceptive Republican rhetoric and unfortunate news coverage—that the deficit has soared in the Obama era. Late last year, a Bloomberg Politics poll found that 73% of the public believes the deficit has gotten bigger over the last six years.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/10/16/1433402/-Will-the-Right-shut-up-now-U-S-Budget-Deficit-is-at-8-year-low

Wild Cobra
10-18-2015, 02:00 PM
So you just made it up from your dim memories of "the news."

Figures.

No.

I said my piece, it's old news, and have better things to do than satisfy a faggot like you.

ChumpDumper
10-18-2015, 02:11 PM
No.

I said my piece, it's old news, and have better things to do than satisfy a faggot like you.Don't be bitch about it. You made something up you can't back up and you got called on it.

You should really be used to this humiliation by now.