PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Pistons preview

JeffDuncan
10-16-2015, 10:26 AM
This Sunday, Oct 18, the Spurs will play their first home preseason game of the year, against the Detroit Pistons. Tipoff time is 3 pm central time.

The Pistons are 2-3 in the preseason so far, with wins against the Milwaukee Bucks and Chicago Bulls, and losses against the Brooklyn Nets and the Indiana Pacers (twice, once at home and once away.)

Here's the current Pistons roster, as listed on their official website.

Joel Anthony

Jordan Bachynski

Aron Baynes, a former Spur, we know.

Steve Blake

Reggie Bullock

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

Spencer Dinwiddie

Andre Drummond

Danny Granger

Eric Griffin

Darrun Hilliard

Ersan Ilyasova

Reggie Jackson

Brandon Jennings,

Stanley Johnson

Cartier Martin

Jodie Meeks

Marcus Morris

Adonis Thomas

Anthony Tolliver

Head Coach, Stan Van Gundy

Any information, or comments, let's hear it.

It's already understood that they're all faggots, and so are you.

D_Admiral
10-16-2015, 10:34 AM
Hey that guy aron baynes, isn't he a former spur?

look_at_g_shred
10-16-2015, 11:55 AM
Hey that guy aron baynes, isn't he a former spur?
No

From Downtown
10-16-2015, 12:24 PM
So ehm...is it me or they're a bit shit?

Fireball
10-16-2015, 01:23 PM
Reggie Jackson about to go apeshit on us again ...

JeffDuncan
10-16-2015, 01:41 PM
The Spurs and Pistons played twice last season, splitting the series.

The Pistons won on Jan 6, by a score of 105 - 104. Brandon Jennings made a last-second jump shot.

Here's a link to a recap of the Jan 6 game. http://www.nba.com/games/20150106/DETSAS/gameinfo.html?

The Spurs won on Feb 11, 104 - 87. The Spurs dominated this one, even though Duncan and Leonard both had bad nights, shooting a combined 0 for 10 in the first half.

Here's the Feb 11 game. http://www.nba.com/games/20150211/SASDET/gameinfo.html?

DrSteffo
10-16-2015, 01:50 PM
I like the Pistons but seems like they have a shitty team.

JeffDuncan
10-16-2015, 02:06 PM
Reggie Jackson is a good point guard, and only 25 yrs old. Also, on a quick glance through their roster, I think Jackson is their only highly-paid player.

Andre Drummond is an athletic, young big man, only 22. Except he's another one of those big players who cannot hit free throws. Career FT percentage of .397.

tholdren
10-16-2015, 02:53 PM
No way statistically ray McCallum can defend anyone

hooperflash
10-16-2015, 03:40 PM
Stanley Johnson is a rookie to watch :tu

From Downtown
10-16-2015, 03:41 PM
Reggie Jackson is a good point guard, and only 25 yrs old. Also, on a quick glance through their roster, I think Jackson is their only highly-paid player.

Andre Drummond is an athletic, young big man, only 22. Except he's another one of those big players who cannot hit free throws. Career FT percentage of .397.
Pop's gonna go with the Hack-a-Drummond

.G.
10-16-2015, 03:51 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/TziYd1ClxHmiQ/giphy.gif

kobyz
10-16-2015, 03:57 PM
Hope they could trade for Markieff and reunite the brothers...

YGWHI
10-16-2015, 08:24 PM
Interesting game...

Popovich aims to use something of a regular rotation when the team plays its home opener Sunday against Detroit.

“We’ve got so many new guys, I don’t want to go into the first game of the regular season trying to figure out the rotation,” Popovich said. “The last three (exhibition) games are at home, and I’m going to play probably the way we’re going to play in a game.”

http://www.expressnews.com/sports/spurs/article/Notebook-Spurs-push-Leonard-out-of-his-comfort-6572815.php?t=4372f5c5f3927fc3fb&cmpid=twitter-premium

SAGirl
10-16-2015, 09:42 PM
Also Pop's interview in spurs.com he mentioned Diaw has practiced with the team and will play. Tony is questionable with ankle issues.

He will be making cuts but hasn't figured out yet the guys to be axed, also he's unsure if he going to start the season with a 15 man roster or not.

Sidenote mentioned that Ray Mccallum' s best trait is that he's steady an doesn't make many mistakes. He made a few mistakes to me, but they were not of the ballhandling kind. Simmons bad ballhandling and tendency for TO in particular could spell doom in comparison, but I think they keep him for wing depth an just limit his role. Kyle Anderson has looked as the best SF backup.

Jimmer status unknown, has played poorly and not shot well.

YGWHI
10-16-2015, 09:55 PM
Also Pop's interview in spurs.com he mentioned Diaw has practiced with the team and will play.
:bobo

Kyle Anderson has looked as the best SF backup.
It's funny, some people are worried about his defense but he'll get Marco minutes...since when Beli is a good defender?

SAGirl
10-16-2015, 10:19 PM

It's funny, some people are worried about his defense but he'll get Marco minutes...since when Beli is a good defender?
For sure he's not the shooter that Marco is but is much better than Marco on defense. Has a good instinct for deflections and loose balls and real length and size to bother wings. Dealt with super quick PG in switches and other wings in preseason and has been surprisingly effective. Not an athletic guy but has learned to deny driving angles and is in much better shape than last year, staying in a true guard stance most of the time. Does not blow by on shooters like Danny. He will be solid for the bench this year IMO

BillMc
10-16-2015, 10:38 PM

For sure he's not the shooter that Marco is but is much better than Marco on defense. Has a good instinct for deflections and loose balls and real length and size to bother wings. Dealt with super quick PG in switches and other wings in preseason and has been surprisingly effective. Not an athletic guy but has learned to deny driving angles and is in much better shape than last year, staying in a true guard stance most of the time. Does not blow by on shooters like Danny. He will be solid for the bench this year IMO

I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised by Kyle this season.