PDA

View Full Version : Should have drafted KJ McDaniel over Kyle

Kawhitstorm
10-16-2015, 04:41 PM
The PATFO passing on KJ is going to come & bite them in the ass just like passing on Josh Howard came back to bite them in the ass in 2006. Kyle isn't even as good as Beno whom the PATFO drafted over Howard. KJ would have been a great fit w/ the bench mob as a backup wing defender & would have been on the finishing end highlight plays courtesy of Diaw/Manu/West passes. Kawhi/Danny/KJ would have been terrorizing opponents just like Jordan/Pippen/Harper:bang.

The main reason the PATFO might have passed on Josh Howard & KJ McDaniel might have been because of their baggage as Howard was an unpatriotic stoner & McDaniel's has a helicopter mother who clashes w/ management. Otherwise no reason to sign D-league talents such as Devin Brown/Simmons hoping they turn into rotation players when you could get better player from the draft. With Barry/Diaw already on the roster Beno/Kyle weren't a need especially when their was a gaping hole at the backup wing position:downspin:.

I have a bad feeling that the Spurs will play the Rockets in the playoffs & KJ might cause issues for the Spurs bench considering how athletically overmatched they have looked in the pre-season. We already saw KJ owning Kyle last season:depressed:
j7IVGp-EMjg

TheGreatYacht
10-16-2015, 04:48 PM
Trash.

Raven
10-16-2015, 05:01 PM
so he can sign the QO and sign elsewhere the next year? :lol

TheDoctor
10-16-2015, 05:06 PM
Because... "character".

Chinook
10-16-2015, 05:11 PM
so he can sign the QO and sign elsewhere the next year? :lol

What? KJ would have been locked into the same deal Anderson is.

Raven
10-16-2015, 05:26 PM
What? KJ would have been locked into the same deal Anderson is.

true.. but it's still funny to think someone thinks the team who drafted him did well.

jehawk81
10-16-2015, 05:51 PM
Bla bla bla...
Bla bla bla...

I have a bad feeling that the Spurs will play the Rockets in the playoffs & KJ might cause issues for the Spurs bench considering how athletically overmatched they have looked in the pre-season. We already saw KJ owning Kyle last season:depressed:
j7IVGp-EMjg[/QUOTE]

Check the scoreboard dumbass

Kawhitstorm
10-16-2015, 06:03 PM
Bla bla bla...
Bla bla bla...

Check the scoreboard dumbass

Idiot, that was LAST season when they were decimated w/ injuries & had mothafuckin' Jason Terry starting at point guard. This upcoming season Ty Lawson is going to run circles around Porker & make him seems like a traffic cone. They got rid of the cancer that was Josh Smith & Motiejunas (who was out w/ a back injury last season) will take his minutes. Capela has been playing like a beast in pre-season & is going to be a problem as a backup center. KJ is going to be a rotation player this upcoming season & will cause havoc along side Brewer/Beverley coming off the bench.

If Dwight is relatively healthy then they might end up with the best record in the league......the only thing that's holding them back is McHale being their head coach. They will never win a championship w/ McHale at the helms:lol

Obstructed_View
10-16-2015, 06:44 PM
Definitely be ready to bump this after the season so you can tell everyone how smart you are.

Kawhitstorm
10-16-2015, 06:53 PM
Definitely be ready to bump this after the season so you can tell everyone how smart you are.

Hopefully it's not after Tony gets his ass handed to him by Lawson.

apalisoc_9
10-16-2015, 06:56 PM

:lol

TheGreatYacht
10-16-2015, 07:11 PM
:lol
Why you laughing faggot? Bet you'd be rubbing them hands like Birdman if Ariza was on this team instead of Kawhi

Obstructed_View
10-16-2015, 07:17 PM

Or Aquille Carr. Should be plenty of garbage time for these guys to play.

Godbama
10-16-2015, 07:48 PM
I definitely liked him breaking Bogut's dirty face earlier :lol Dude always has it coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjaRh-MxMhc

K...
10-16-2015, 08:01 PM
Buddy, why not use "cheap ass Holt not buying pick" that's always a winner

BatManu20
10-16-2015, 08:04 PM
Why, so Pop could put up with this shit? Lol No thanks.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2014/11/21/k-j-mcdaniels-mom-slams-76ers-on-twitter/

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/12/21/7432739/k-j-mcdaniels-mom-is-the-sixers-best-fan

Kawhitstorm
10-16-2015, 08:16 PM
Why, so Pop could put up with this shit? Lol No thanks.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2014/11/21/k-j-mcdaniels-mom-slams-76ers-on-twitter/

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/12/21/7432739/k-j-mcdaniels-mom-is-the-sixers-best-fan

How dare she call out the abomination that is the Sixers?:rolleyes

UNT Eagles 2016
10-16-2015, 08:33 PM
I'd rather have a squirrel or a bat playing for my team instead of Anderfag, honestly

SAGirl
10-16-2015, 09:28 PM
Selfish, me guy, makes a lot of boneheaded selfish plays, puts up terrible, contested shots. His one redeeming quality is certainly athleticism and defense, but a lot of noise about his mom and him being all about his own success. Pop is all about character and fit. Almost every interview from Pop he mentions it. Why do you think we still have the Red Rocket?

I have to think that due to his strong defense KJ was on their radar, but RC famously valued Kyle as a top 20 player in that draft and loved his character and team spirit. Kyle's passing is a rare talent and he may yet emerge as the better player. Of chose they could have also picked Jimmy Butler over CoJo, but I think it's too soon to proclaim KJ as the better overall player of the two.

Twisted_Dawg
10-16-2015, 11:00 PM
The PATFO passing on KJ is going to come & bite them in the ass just like passing on Josh Howard came back to bite them in the ass in 2006. Kyle isn't even as good as Beno whom the PATFO drafted over Howard.

The main reason the PATFO might have passed on Josh Howard & KJ McDaniel might have been because of their baggage as Howard was an unpatriotic stoner & McDaniel's has a helicopter mother who clashes w/ management.

Howard was drafted in 2003 and Beno drafted in 2004. Before the 2003 draft all of the Spur coaches and scouts wanted to draft Howard including Tim Duncan. The lone holdout who didn't want to draft Howard got his way----Greg Popovich.

kobyz
10-17-2015, 12:27 AM
Good thread, Agree with op on this one, Kyle was a smartass and wasted pick, trying to prove the "smart player fit the spurs system even if he's not nba material" narrative, it's was a bad move just to show off to the media just like the hiring of that Becky girl...

tholdren
10-17-2015, 12:22 PM
Andrew Wiggins

tholdren
10-17-2015, 12:25 PM
Howard was drafted in 2003 and Beno drafted in 2004. Before the 2003 draft all of the Spur coaches and scouts wanted to draft Howard including Tim Duncan. The lone holdout who didn't want to draft Howard got his way----Greg Popovich.

Barbosa was a good pick, though, but Pop should have taken Kyle Korver

random21
10-17-2015, 01:59 PM
I like bold predictions like the one the OP has stated... We will see how this one turns out?!

BG_Spurs_Fan
10-17-2015, 02:31 PM

You mean Bryan Colangelo, the Suns GM?

kobyz
10-17-2015, 03:22 PM
I like bold predictions like the one the OP has stated... We will see how this one turns out?!

KJ the next Matt Barnes for Kawhi?

Kawhitstorm
10-17-2015, 07:00 PM
Barbosa was a good pick, though, but Pop should have taken Kyle Korver

In 2003 the Spurs drafted for the Suns...so it's wasn't the PATFO's call.

Kawhitstorm
10-17-2015, 07:02 PM

Pop would have changed his mind if he knew Stephen was going to bolt town. Howard would have been an excellent replacement for SJax instead of chokin' ass Hedo.

100%duncan
10-18-2015, 08:45 AM
I saw that block live, that was the time that convinced me that Kyle is slow as fuck.

tholdren
10-18-2015, 09:51 AM
In 2003 the Spurs drafted for the Suns...so it's wasn't the PATFO's call.
right, but the premise was the quality of the pick. good try though