PDA

View Full Version : New Security Procedure for AT&T Center

ElNono
10-16-2015, 11:05 PM
Just a heads up for fans heading to the renovated arena:

http://www.nba.com/spurs/policy-changes-and-updates-all-new-att-center

NEW SECURITY PROCEDURE

The AT&T Center will introduce the use of magnetometers (walk-through metal detectors) as part of enhanced security procedures at all entrances of the arena. In compliance with the NBA’s league-wide security policy, the magnetometer screening will take place at all Spurs games to create a safer environment for all guests in attendance and to allow entry to be as quick and efficient as possible.

Guests will be asked to remove any metallic items during the magnetometer screening process, including cameras, keys and cell phones at all points of entry. All bags and purses will also be screened. Fans without bags are encouraged to use the “No Bag Lanes” to expedite the process.

RD2191
10-16-2015, 11:10 PM
:pctoss

lefty
10-16-2015, 11:18 PM
But it's ok to let the players bring their guns

Ditty
10-17-2015, 01:16 AM
Much better than the 80 year old man taking a minute to scan your front and back side with the hand scanner. Hopefully getting in the stadium will be a lot quicker than in the past.

D_Admiral
10-17-2015, 10:51 AM
Used to work security for alamodome/Tobin center

Distinctly remember USA v Mexico @ alamodome was a bitch for that reason. Would have loved to not hand wand everyone walking in. It causes problems, even though everybody there knows searches will happen on the way in.

Funny thing is the most bitchy shitty hate filled people were always at the Tobin center. God forbid you tell them they can't fucking film the whole show

random21
10-17-2015, 11:25 AM
Will let you know tomorrow how much longer it takes to get in...

spursistan
10-17-2015, 11:33 AM
why not take off the shoes while they are at it?..sounds like one is going to board a plane instead of watching a basketball game..

Leetonidas
10-17-2015, 11:41 AM
why not take off the shoes while they are at it?..sounds like one is going to board a plane instead of watching a basketball game..
Yeah cus walking through a metal detector isn't more efficient than some dude using the wand and it's sooooo inconvenient to walk thru a metal detector and not let any guns or whatever in. Lazy fuck. How is this like boarding a plane at all?

Russ
10-17-2015, 11:58 AM

Trust me, it's much quicker than the old way at AT&T.

Staples has had the walk-thru metal detector for years -- much easier to set your items in a bowl than try to fit them all in your hands while acting like it's a stickup.

Trill Clinton
10-17-2015, 11:58 AM
i've been to other arenas and they all use this security procedure. good to see the spurs catching up.

LittleCriminal
10-17-2015, 12:15 PM
I dont know what all the fuss is about..
Everybody has prior knowledge of the screening..

You should of removed whatever they are screening for beforehand and left at home.

All you need is ur keys, debit card and cell.

Same applies to women

Although
If ur raggin it,

Put a couple of tampons in ur pocket and leave ur bag in the trunk of the car.

Dex
10-17-2015, 12:18 PM
Don't mind the walk-through metal detectors...better than being wanded at the door tbh.

Not too keen on the new smoking policy though. I thought having the outdoor area for smoking was fine...if people want to miss game time or fight the half-time crowds to smoke, they should be allowed to. Guess I won't be bringing my wax pen to the games anymore. :(

Silver&Black
10-17-2015, 09:44 PM
^

I think TDMVPDPOY got a little sidetracked...

EVAY
10-18-2015, 08:33 AM
^

I think TDMVPDPOY got a little sidetracked...

:lol:tu

UNT Eagles 2016
10-18-2015, 12:19 PM
I dont know what all the fuss is about..
Everybody has prior knowledge of the screening..

You should of removed whatever they are screening for beforehand and left at home.

All you need is ur keys, debit card and cell.

Same applies to women

Although
If ur raggin it,

Put a couple of tampons in ur pocket and leave ur bag in the trunk of the car.
or just forget tampons/pads altogether

Mel_13
10-18-2015, 03:40 PM
Made entry much faster than the previous system.

random21
10-18-2015, 05:41 PM
Was easy to get into the game.... No long waiting period at all.

Galileo
10-18-2015, 06:00 PM
Just a heads up for fans heading to the renovated arena:

http://www.nba.com/spurs/policy-changes-and-updates-all-new-att-center

NEW SECURITY PROCEDURE

The AT&T Center will introduce the use of magnetometers (walk-through metal detectors) as part of enhanced security procedures at all entrances of the arena. In compliance with the NBA’s league-wide security policy, the magnetometer screening will take place at all Spurs games to create a safer environment for all guests in attendance and to allow entry to be as quick and efficient as possible.

Guests will be asked to remove any metallic items during the magnetometer screening process, including cameras, keys and cell phones at all points of entry. All bags and purses will also be screened. Fans without bags are encouraged to use the “No Bag Lanes” to expedite the process.

Does it pick up bats?

:lmao

http://akrainforest10.pbworks.com/f/1271185158/Vampire%20bat1.jpg

http://www.earthtimes.org/newsimage/crowded-canopy-fruit-bats-flexible-sonar_139.jpg

Das Texan
10-18-2015, 07:09 PM
so glad the metal detectors picked up my bracelet and my key ring.