PDA

View Full Version : BBall Breakdown: Average Players and Their Relative Worth.

BillMc
10-17-2015, 12:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33KdBfCfnI0

Only 1 Spurs player is exceedingly average for his position (Ray McCallum) and as the video points out he is on a great deal financially.

Also, a little surprised how poor the average NBA pg shoots the 3, and how much average centers score. (Since the pundits are always chirping about the death of the center in the NBA)

10-17-2015, 01:46 AM
But I thought Utah Jazz core >>> Spurs core

:lol Favors

Not really surprised at the poor shooting at the pg. Off the top of my head I can only think of a few knockdown shooting PGs..

BillMc
10-17-2015, 02:10 AM
But I thought Utah Jazz core >>> Spurs core

:lol Favors

Not really surprised at the poor shooting at the pg. Off the top of my head I can only think of a few knockdown shooting PGs..

Yeah, pretty much only Steph Curry comes to immediate mind but I know there are others.

Kawhitstorm
10-17-2015, 05:07 AM
Anthony Bennett: Under Paid?:lmao, the algorithm must be based on raw numbers. 3rd stringers padding their stats during garbage time are going to be rated the same as the starters. I also don't think they factor in defense either, Avery Bradley is an excellent defender so you can't judge his value just by his numbers; same w/ someone like Tony Allen. There is no way Levin was as good as Bradley last season. LoL @ T-Ross being as good as Pierce when he murdered him in the playoffs:lol. Horry would have been rated as a scrub by their algorithm:downspin:.

Someone like Harrison Barnes is probably the most average player in the league both size & production wise.

Raven
10-17-2015, 06:12 AM
good to see fagvors being exposed.

Spurtacular
10-17-2015, 03:17 PM
A good watch; but it doesn't account for intangibles.

spurraider21
10-17-2015, 04:00 PM
weird to have favors listed as C on their list when he's started alongside gobert and anus cancer

Kawhitstorm
10-17-2015, 07:04 PM
weird to have favors listed as C on their list when he's started alongside gobert and anus cancer

Considering the small ball era he is not longer going to be a PF unless he extends his range.

exstatic
10-17-2015, 08:15 PM
A good watch; but it doesn't account for intangibles.

Wouldn't that be impossible in an algorithm? If you're able to measure and quantify something, it's no longer intangible.

Spurtacular
10-18-2015, 12:04 AM
Wouldn't that be impossible in an algorithm? If you're able to measure and quantify something, it's no longer intangible.

Pretty much.