PDA

View Full Version : Manu's writing

yagozev
10-18-2015, 09:41 AM
http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/1837549-siento-que-puedo-jugar-bien-y-ayudar-al-equipo

Trabajo de traducción para El Nono! :toast

tholdren
10-18-2015, 09:50 AM
bien

SAGirl
10-18-2015, 02:38 PM
Thanks for sharing OP.

Not going to do a full translation like Nono, since I am too lazy for that, but a summary of the most important things he shares:

1. He's very happy going into this season. He has felt really well in his two games and has even played better than he expected this early in the season. Through the whole article his sense of personal satisfaction and happiness with the team and himself is evident.

2. Right now he's healthy, though at this stage of his career and age, its natural to feel a bit of a pain here or there. As the games pile on, how he's feeling physically may change, but right now he feels great.

3. He expects his minutes to decrease but stay around at least 20 minutes. Specifically mentions that if they ask him to play 35 a night, the last 15 he will be more of a hindrance, than help to the team. (I do expect Pop to keep this in mind)

4. Very happy with the new members of the team and he feels it was needed to give a fresh look to the team. David West has adapted really well to the second unit and has already made the adjustments to his game to be productive. He's a good passer, and quick to push the ball ahead from a rebound. Manu remarks that it was to be expected bc West has played in several teams and is more used to adjusting his game to what they need.

5. LMA is the biggest adjustment, both for the team to play with him, and for LMA to play with the team. LMA likes to go one on one and have his isolations, so he needs the ball. It is possible that the integration of LMA will take more time and be a process, however LMA is very good, and he's worth it (Manu's words). He says LMA will be formidable and excellent for the team when they get in scoring droughts, as he can take the scoring pressure when they need someone to manufacture points. They want him to feel comfortable, and happy. It will just take more time than with David West.

6. The past few games have been about the pups, to see where they really are in their development, and to get a good look at guys trying to make the team, but the next few preseason games, he expects the veterans to play more, so they can iron out their own roles and playing time.

7. Right now the focus is on the team and they are very focussed on working out their own chemistry and not concerned at all about other teams. They haven't talked about changes in roles for Tim or Manu. Manu himself mentions that his role has already been declining, with less pressure on himself, and more pressure to produce on others. He's in a more relaxed role. Tim is the one who is probably going to have more of an adjustment this year bc of Lamarcus. He doesn't think things will change much, but anticipates that Tim is probably going to look to set up Lamarcus to score much more, because of his size, shooting skill and athleticism. He feels Tim will be perfectly fine giving up scoring possessions for himself to set Lamarcus up.

BillMc
10-18-2015, 02:56 PM
Thanks for sharing OP.

Not going to do a full translation like Nono, since I am too lazy for that, but a summary of the most important things he shares:

1. He's very happy going into this season. He has felt really well in his two games and has even played better than he expected this early in the season. Through the whole article his sense of personal satisfaction and happiness with the team and himself is evident.

2. Right now he's healthy, though at this stage of his career and age, its natural to feel a bit of a pain here or there. As the games pile on, how he's feeling physically may change, but right now he feels great.

3. He expects his minutes to decrease but stay around at least 20 minutes. Specifically mentions that if they ask him to play 35 a night, the last 15 he will be more of a hindrance, than help to the team. (I do expect Pop to keep this in mind)

4. Very happy with the new members of the team and he feels it was needed to give a fresh look to the team. David West has adapted really well to the second unit and has already made the adjustments to his game to be productive. He's a good passer, and quick to push the ball ahead from a rebound. Manu remarks that it was to be expected bc West has played in several teams and is more used to adjusting his game to what they need.

5. LMA is the biggest adjustment, both for the team to play with him, and for LMA to play with the team. LMA likes to go one on one and have his isolations, so he needs the ball. It is possible that the integration of LMA will take more time and be a process, however LMA is very good, and he's worth it (Manu's words). He says LMA will be formidable and excellent for the team when they get in scoring droughts, as he can take the scoring pressure when they need someone to manufacture points. They want him to feel comfortable, and happy. It will just take more time than with David West.

6. The past few games have been about the pups, to see where they really are in their development, and to get a good look at guys trying to make the team, but the next few preseason games, he expects the veterans to play more, so they can iron out their own roles and playing time.

7. Right now the focus is on the team and they are very focussed on working out their own chemistry and not concerned at all about other teams. They haven't talked about changes in roles for Tim or Manu. Manu himself mentions that his role has already been declining, with less pressure on himself, and more pressure to produce on others. He's in a more relaxed role. Tim is the one who is probably going to have more of an adjustment this year bc of Lamarcus. He doesn't think things will change much, but anticipates that Tim is probably going to look to set up Lamarcus to score much more, because of his size, shooting skill and athleticism. He feels Tim will be perfectly fine giving up scoring possessions for himself to set Lamarcus up.

Cheers for the translation and summary. :bobo I love the insight Manu always gives us to the team!

YGWHI
10-18-2015, 02:57 PM
Thanks OP and SAGirl!!

I agree with him, Manu played great last games. :bobo

ElNono
10-18-2015, 05:30 PM
Thanks SAGirl. Been not feeling well here the last few days, so appreciate putting the work there :tu

SAGirl
10-18-2015, 05:44 PM
Thanks SAGirl. Been not feeling well here the last few days, so appreciate putting the work there :tu
No problem. I hope you get better Nono!
:bobo

pgardn
10-18-2015, 09:27 PM
The fresh faces with talent is a factor I never considered.
Manu is proud and he has that little extra incentive to show the new guys what he can be as a player and leader.
Limit his games, but give him 20 minutes, and we are good.

BillMc
10-19-2015, 01:27 AM
The fresh faces with talent is a factor I never considered.
Manu is proud and he has that little extra incentive to show the new guys what he can be as a player and leader.
Limit his games, but give him 20 minutes, and we are good.

Certainly,. Manu has looked great so far...

playbonner15
10-19-2015, 01:31 AM
:toast

BatManu20
10-19-2015, 01:38 AM
Thanks for the translation. I like Manu's attitude going into the season. And he's right about LMA, it's going to take some time. I still fully expect there to be a meltdown thread no later than 10 games into the season though when the offense inevitably struggles a bit.

spurs10
10-19-2015, 02:09 AM
Manu looked great today! So glad he's still with us! Going to be a killer season...it doesn't take a genius to see that!
:flag: