PDA

View Full Version : LMA

MaineSpursFan
10-18-2015, 06:08 PM
So I wont pretend to know much about LMA but I thought he was supposed to be great on offense. What seems to be the issues here? Is he a slow learner? Is he nervous? or is he kevin love 2.0 where he can flourish when he's one of the only options on offence. I'm not going all season over and stuff but he seems to not be fitting, obviously its only preseason but this is not what I expected to see from someone who is supposed to be so good on O. He's fat, slow, and a bad shooter. TBH.

dabom
10-18-2015, 06:10 PM
Chill young gun.

Chinook
10-18-2015, 06:11 PM
They were doing the same thing with him this game that they were doing with Leonard last game: Giving him a bunch of one-on-ones and seeing how he developed. They weren't doing nearly enough to get him assisted buckets like they were in the Heat game.

DPG21920
10-18-2015, 06:14 PM
The great news is, and people should realize, that even w/ LMA's shot not falling the starting offense looks unreal. The shot will fall at least at his normal rate and when that happens this is going to be a top offense.

His gravity on the floor and ability to do so many things means a lot and you are seeing the results already even with his shot struggling.

apalisoc_9
10-18-2015, 06:16 PM
He's a high usage player who took the most FG in the NBA last year. It will take time for him to adjust his game. I wouldn't put too much thought on this game if I were you because they were forced feeding him. Hopefully, the spurs avoid those horrible Aldridge post ups. FYI, he shot 38% with those shit...Also need to learn when to pass of the post.

- Was hesitant tonight and passed up two wide open jumpers...

If the spurs are going to baby him consistently every game to make him feel "happy" it's going to be ugly. I don't expect that to happen and as he feels more comfortable with the them, he'll start taking those wide open jumpers and will start making them at 45%...

We already saw in a few poisitions what he can do to open up the perimeter..so should be up from here.

RD2191
10-18-2015, 06:16 PM
OP reminds me of myself as a rook poster. It's preseason son. Take it easy and relax. LMA is a proven offensive beast.

Kawhitstorm
10-18-2015, 06:17 PM
He missed bunnies that he makes 99 out of 100 times. Just a bad day in the office, nothing more.

Mnky
10-18-2015, 06:27 PM
LMA is the only reason the spurs compete for a ring this year tbh. Kawhis spacing is already much better in the preseason due to Aldridge. Kawhis game will be easier with Aldridge just on the floor.

OP can't embrace a good thing.

YGWHI
10-18-2015, 06:34 PM
He's fat, slow, and a bad shooter. TBH.
He seems a bit out of shape but it's just the preseason. Bad shooter? He's a deadly mid-range shooter.

They were doing the same thing with him this game that they were doing with Leonard last game: Giving him a bunch of one-on-ones and seeing how he developed. They weren't doing nearly enough to get him assisted buckets like they were in the Heat game.

They did that on purpose today or it was the Parker's absence effect? The only think I can say after these pre-season games is Aldridge, unlike Kawhi who plays a lot better without Parker on the floor -better FGA & FG%-, needs Parker so much in the pick and rolls situations.

DeRozan m8
10-18-2015, 06:34 PM
Looks like too many toxins in the Maine water tbh

apalisoc_9
10-18-2015, 06:39 PM
Well op, you're not wrong about him being Fat and slow though :lol

Hopefully the multiple games fixex that problem but we'll see....

It's just preseason and maybe he'll slim down.

steeledl
10-18-2015, 06:39 PM
OP reminds me of myself as a rook poster. It's preseason son. Take it easy and relax. LMA is a proven offensive beast.

Here's to hoping he doesn't follow in your footsteps and turn into an all out shit poster.

Mr. Body
10-18-2015, 06:46 PM
He's figuring out where he's supposed to shoot in the flow of the offense. No biggie.

RD2191
10-18-2015, 07:16 PM
Here's to hoping he doesn't follow in your footsteps and turn into an all out shit poster.

What truth bombs have you dropped, faggot? Show us some of your high quality basketball takes. I'll be waiting.

steeledl
10-18-2015, 07:36 PM
What truth bombs have you dropped, faggot? Show us some of your high quality basketball takes. I'll be waiting.

Truth bombs? What a faggoty thing to say. There, that is some truth for you.

RD2191
10-18-2015, 08:44 PM

So you don't have any basketball takes? That's what I figured. Sit down, faggot.

LarryDavid
10-18-2015, 08:54 PM
So you don't have any basketball takes? That's what I figured. Sit down, faggot.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

apalisoc_9
10-18-2015, 08:55 PM

SpursFan86
10-18-2015, 08:56 PM
3 game sample sizes can be misleading, especially when they're preseason games :lol I'll start to worry if he's still playing poorly come March/April. He got a decent amount of good looks near the rim tonight and just missed. Throughout his career he's been a near 70% shooter at the rim, so it's really not worth worrying about.

I don't think people realize how difficult it can be to change roles like he has. It really shouldn't be surprising that he's struggling a bit in the 4th preseason game. As DPG said, it's encouraging that the offense has still looked great even with him not playing anywhere near his best.

BillMc
10-19-2015, 01:05 AM
The great news is, and people should realize, that even w/ LMA's shot not falling the starting offense looks unreal. The shot will fall at least at his normal rate and when that happens this is going to be a top offense.

His gravity on the floor and ability to do so many things means a lot and you are seeing the results already even with his shot struggling.

Truth.

BillMc
10-19-2015, 01:06 AM
Chill young gun.

Agreed. Give it time folks.

NickiRasgo
10-19-2015, 06:51 AM
Did he really gained weight a lot?

pgardn
10-19-2015, 06:58 AM
Chill young gun.

The engineer has got this covered thank God.

DJR210
10-19-2015, 07:31 AM

:lmao

Owned by a high schooler

UNT Eagles 2016
10-19-2015, 04:49 PM

if it doesn't fall at least 50 percent of the time when he's wide open, we better get a ton of offensive rebounds or else we'll be a middling team like last year with our swiss cheesy defense

DeRozan m8
10-19-2015, 04:56 PM

:lmao