PDA

View Full Version : Racist KFC

SpursforSix
10-19-2015, 02:31 PM
Ok...so they explained away the Australian football one...but this can't be a coincidence...

FT2Z_3di5QM

lefty
10-19-2015, 02:39 PM
http://36.media.tumblr.com/697be10cd30efbd3765efcba55ab2dca/tumblr_nusp5jmZkZ1r4o9xho1_r1_500.jpg

bulakenyo
10-19-2015, 05:58 PM
Kfc is probably the 3rd most popular fastfood place in the Philippines, after Jollibee and McDonalds.

I don't know why it's considered racist for some Americans.

hater
10-19-2015, 06:10 PM
Kfc is probably the 3rd most popular fastfood place in the Philippines, after Jollibee and McDonalds.

No wonder them women are blowing up like Macy's parade balloons

SpursforSix
10-19-2015, 08:01 PM

It's not the chicken that's racist. It's the commercials that are questionable. Fried chicken is awesome. It's understandable why blacks love it.

bulakenyo
10-19-2015, 08:51 PM
It's not the chicken that's racist. It's the commercials that are questionable. Fried chicken is awesome. It's understandable why blacks love it.

What's so racist about the ad?

I am from the Philippines and I know that an exchange student would probably also feel like that black girl, a little bit.

And her fellow students would also act curious and aloof and maybe apprehensive at first.

Only difference is people can talk to her in the Philippines, at the minimum, some basic English, so she would not feel as isolated.

You must realise that asia is not like the US, where everyday, you come across all types of races and nationalities. You get used to that.

In asia, there may be places where they very rarely meet foreigners (even asian neighbors who sorta look like them) let alone a completely different looking person (white, black, middle eastern, etc.)

so it's a bit of an odd feeling at first, for the locals. Especially the kids.

bulakenyo
10-19-2015, 08:54 PM
No wonder them women are blowing up like Macy's parade balloons

It's not the chicken. It's all the cheap, addictive, sugary snacks that are readily available in the states.

Biernutz
10-19-2015, 10:59 PM
Racist.....KFC......never!

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/Gifffs1234/07110357890db2647531ff7f0c76dee3.gif

baseline bum
10-19-2015, 11:14 PM
It would have been racist if they gave her a 40 too.

Re-Animator
10-20-2015, 03:10 AM
Ok...so they explained away the Australian football one...but this can't be a coincidence...

FT2Z_3di5QM

http://31.media.tumblr.com/07ef672ab2e7bc4596a9d395e13213a2/tumblr_n0khtxeZsV1ruqqm0o1_500.gif

Re-Animator
10-20-2015, 03:10 AM
Damn

Fabbs
10-20-2015, 07:15 AM
It would have been racist if they gave her a 40 too.
:lol

Was nice of the girls to ask her out.
PC folks need to stop being overly sensitive.

~O~
10-20-2015, 08:19 AM
Its not racist. Its stereotypical. People are using words too loosely nowadays by falsely expanding their definitions. Misogynistic, feminism, weird, "____" privilege, pedophile, mgtow, atheism, agnostic, etc; all being stretched and misused by dumb asses who don't care to look shit up.

mouse
10-20-2015, 11:37 AM
The only thing missing........

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/83/bd/14/83bd14891acf153fbff46458bd7d692a.jpg

SpursforSix
10-20-2015, 11:38 AM
Its not racist. Its stereotypical. People are using words too loosely nowadays by falsely expanding their definitions. Misogynistic, feminism, weird, "____" privilege, pedophile, mgtow, atheism, agnostic, etc; all being stretched and misused by dumb asses who don't care to look shit up.

Ok...I concede that. It's stereotypical as fuck. Or at least it comes off that way. And I think it still could be racist depending on the intent of the creators. They just might have said..."hey...let's use a "n"".

This one still seems racist though...

frpGRQSKAaA

Avante
10-20-2015, 03:03 PM
I will never get what is wrong with dealing in reality? So if the Martians, the Venusians and the Moonites landed tomorrow we are suppose to ignore those obvious differences, why?

I have lived with blacks/hispanics/whites in the navy, worked with them, we are not the same. why these need to pretend we are is fucking stupid.

Thr average Asian is smarter than the average black, simply a proven fact. The worst drivers on the roads are hispanic, the stats prove that, and it goes on and on.

SpursforSix
10-20-2015, 03:18 PM
I will never get what is wrong with dealing in reality? So if the Martians, the Venusians and the Moonites landed tomorrow we are suppose to ignore those obvious differences, why?

I have lived with blacks/hispanics/whites in the navy, worked with them, we are not the same. why these need to pretend we are is fucking stupid.

Thr average Asian is smarter than the average black, simply a proven fact. The worst drivers on the roads are hispanic, the stats prove that, and it goes on and on.

I bet you watched this video 20 times.

Avante
10-21-2015, 02:14 AM
I bet you watched this video 20 times.

I never watched it at all, so wrong as usual.

spurraider21
10-21-2015, 02:54 AM

you treat vietnamese children very differently than american children, thats for sure

DJR210
10-21-2015, 07:49 AM
you treat vietnamese children very differently than american children, thats for sure

I'm sure he has victimized both

SnakeBoy
10-21-2015, 08:22 AM
It's racist because they show black people eating fried chicken. KFC should announce that they will no longer allow black people to be in their commercials. That would put an end to the racist KFC accusations.

SpursforSix
10-21-2015, 09:53 AM
It's racist because they show black people eating fried chicken. KFC should announce that they will no longer allow black people to be in their commercials. That would put an end to the racist KFC accusations.

LOL. No...but it just perpetuates the stereotype. "oh...why little black girl so sad?....ah...let take her to KFC...Flied chicken cheer her up..."

SnakeBoy
10-21-2015, 01:19 PM
LOL. No...but it just perpetuates the stereotype. "oh...why little black girl so sad?....ah...let take her to KFC...Flied chicken cheer her up..."

Yeah we don't want to perpetuate the stereotype that black people like soul food or that soul food is delicious & comforting.

SpursforSix
10-21-2015, 01:22 PM
Yeah we don't want to perpetuate the stereotype that black people like soul food or that soul food is delicious & comforting.

uhhh...I don't even know the point you're making. I don't know the motive behind making the commercial. Maybe it's perfectly innocent. But it's just funny.

BD24
10-21-2015, 05:58 PM
Ok...I concede that. It's stereotypical as fuck. Or at least it comes off that way. And I think it still could be racist depending on the intent of the creators. They just might have said..."hey...let's use a "n"".

This one still seems racist though...

frpGRQSKAaA
:lmaoholy shit. I have never seen that commercial before, thats awesome.

bigzak25
10-21-2015, 07:35 PM
So its okay for blacks to be in every commercial EXCEPT fried chicken? Fucking lol.

Biernutz
10-21-2015, 07:39 PM
I didn't know chicken nuggets and French fries were racist also. How about chicken and waffles?
How about the TV show "Blackish".

bulakenyo
10-21-2015, 08:11 PM

So that's why you think it's racist?

It's probably just an American thing.

What I see in the commercial is the Thai girl was doing her best to make the exchange student girl feel at home and at ease, with some western style food, instead of feeling odd, eating noodles with chopsticks that she doesnt even know how to use.

It's a heartfelt gesture because KFC in asia (well, at least in the Philippines, and probably in Thailand also) is not super cheap fastfood.

The average Grade school kid in the Philippines usually would not have enough lunch money to go and eat at KFC everyday, or even 2-3 times a week. It's considered as a bit of a treat to eat there.

So it's a bit of a big deal for the local kids to spend a big chunk of their allowance to eat at KFC with their new classmate and make her feel at home.

SpursforSix
10-21-2015, 08:42 PM
So that's why you think it's racist?

It's probably just an American thing.

What I see in the commercial is the Thai girl was doing her best to make the exchange student girl feel at home and at ease, with some western style food, instead of feeling odd, eating noodles with chopsticks that she doesnt even know how to use.

It's a heartfelt gesture because KFC in asia (well, at least in the Philippines, and probably in Thailand also) is not super cheap fastfood.

The average Grade school kid in the Philippines usually would not have enough lunch money to go and eat at KFC everyday, or even 2-3 times a week. It's considered as a bit of a treat to eat there.

So it's a bit of a big deal for the local kids to spend a big chunk of their allowance to eat at KFC with their new classmate and make her feel at home.

That's wrong.

bulakenyo
10-21-2015, 09:21 PM
That's wrong.

Why so?

Wild Cobra
10-21-2015, 09:33 PM
:lol

Was nice of the girls to ask her out.
PC folks need to stop being overly sensitive.

No shit.

The bigotry is within the poster. The message I saw, was the girl was a foreigner, and not accustom to their culture. When seeing something from home... was happy!

Would the race baiting piece of shit in the OP say the same thing, with the same commercial it if was a Caucasian girl?

You loser race baiters need to stop looking for nonexistent problems.

SpursforSix
10-22-2015, 10:17 AM
No shit.

The bigotry is within the poster. The message I saw, was the girl was a foreigner, and not accustom to their culture. When seeing something from home... was happy!

Would the race baiting piece of shit in the OP say the same thing, with the same commercial it if was a Caucasian girl?

You loser race baiters need to stop looking for nonexistent problems.

Race baiting? LOL. Some of ya'll need to loosen up.