PDA

View Full Version : Louisville Basketball

DMX7
10-20-2015, 09:58 AM
:wow

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Five former University of Louisville basketball players and recruits told Outside the Lines that they attended parties at a campus dorm from 2010 to 2014 that included strippers paid for by the team's former graduate assistant coach, Andre McGee.

One of the former players said he had sex with a dancer after McGee paid her. Each of the players and recruits attended different parties at Billy Minardi Hall, where dancers, many of whom stripped naked, were present. Three of the five players said they attended parties as recruits and also when they played for Louisville.

Said one of the recruits who ultimately signed to play elsewhere: "I knew they weren't college girls. It was crazy. It was like I was in a strip club."

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13927159/former-louisville-cardinals-basketball-players-recruits-acknowledge-stripper-parties-minardi-hall

It's seems like Tech U from He Got Game. :lol

DisAsTerBot
10-20-2015, 10:00 AM
why would they volunteer this information?

DMX7
10-20-2015, 10:01 AM
I posted this in the wrong forum. It was supposed to go in the College Sports forum. MODS - please feel free to move it.

FromWayDowntown
10-20-2015, 10:19 AM
This is a silly non-story.

These sorts of activities occur on most recruiting trips at most colleges in most sports. I was recruited to play football in the early 1990's and on my recruiting trips, players who were particularly coveted recruits were wined, dined, taken to strip clubs and similar establishments, assigned to female students who wanted to participate in recruiting, and frequently got what they wanted from those female students. When I was in a program, I was on the other side of that process, hosting recruits, and was given money and told to ensure that particular recruits got precisely what they wanted on the trip.

That wasn't at a particularly high level of collegiate athletics, so I can only imagine what was going on with elite recruits at power schools.

Nobody made recruits do anything, but if the recruits wanted it, the opportunities were there.

in2deep
10-20-2015, 10:48 AM
This is a silly non-story.

These sorts of activities occur on most recruiting trips at most colleges in most sports. I was recruited to play football in the early 1990's and on my recruiting trips, players who were particularly coveted recruits were wined, dined, taken to strip clubs and similar establishments, assigned to female students who wanted to participate in recruiting, and frequently got what they wanted from those female students. When I was in a program, I was on the other side of that process, hosting recruits, and was given money and told to ensure that particular recruits got precisely what they wanted on the trip.

That wasn't at a particularly high level of collegiate athletics, so I can only imagine what was going on with elite recruits at power schools.

Nobody made recruits do anything, but if the recruits wanted it, the opportunities were there.

just because it has been done for decades does not make it right.

With this type of thinkings, slavery would still exist today.

boutons_deux
10-20-2015, 10:55 AM
just because it has been done for decades does not make it right.

right? moral? ethics? :lol

This is America, college sports are totally corrupted, players exploited and denied union formation, academic programs defunded to pay for sports programs.

And the $10B-revenue NFL is "tax exempt", and untouchable.

Seducing (mostly black, poor) players with parties and whores? As Lombardi said, "winning is the ONLY thing"

FromWayDowntown
10-20-2015, 11:57 AM
I'm not trying to defend it as right. I'm simply saying that the idea that this should be a surprise or revelatory in any way is ridiculous.

DMX7
10-20-2015, 12:59 PM
I'm not trying to defend it as right. I'm simply saying that the idea that this should be a surprise or revelatory in any way is ridiculous.

To think this is not a story is ridiculous. Especially at this level and in this day an age with dedicated NCAA compliance officers and all these rules and regulations. There is probably going to be a huge price to pay for Louisville at the end of all of this.