PDA

View Full Version : So who won the Wing Try out today between Simmons vs Williams?

apalisoc_9
10-20-2015, 09:52 PM

kinda obvious Pop was giving these guys all the time to figure out who makes the team and who doesn't.

spursgu
10-20-2015, 09:54 PM
Williams sucked less than Simmons so I guess him.

spurraider21
10-20-2015, 09:55 PM
simmons sucked more... but williams literally does nothing

i'd take simmons

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-20-2015, 09:56 PM
I haven't been watching the preseason much.

Has Simmons really been that bad? Fredette not making the team and Butler is? Any updates?

Kawhitstorm
10-20-2015, 09:57 PM
Kyle/Butler by default.

Chinook
10-20-2015, 10:00 PM
Williams will cost the Spurs $3 Million more to keep than Simmons. For the 15th man, that's non-negligible.

apalisoc_9
10-20-2015, 10:00 PM
Kyle/Butler by default.

For sure...

But wasn't it obvious Simmons and williams were fighting for something tonight? :lol

Kawhitstorm
10-20-2015, 10:02 PM
For sure...

But wasn't it obvious Simmons and williams were fighting for something tonight? :lol

Mop up duty in the regular season.

hater
10-20-2015, 10:11 PM
Simmons is horrible. Don't even think he belongs in an NBA court.

Williams? Meh he's better than Suckmons

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-20-2015, 10:18 PM
Simmons is horrible. Don't even think he belongs in an NBA court.

Williams? Meh he's better than Suckmons

Not $3m better… give me Simmons

benefactor
10-20-2015, 10:21 PM
Cut both and find better players tbh.

wildcardX
10-20-2015, 10:40 PM
I'll take Simmons. Williams had spent some time on the team already and still he doesn't give you much production. I'll wait and see with Simmons. If he is still useless after a few months then bring someone else in. Right now though Simmons probably head down the same path with the Spurs as Malcolm Thomas and JaMychal Green.

SAGirl
10-20-2015, 10:41 PM
Can't answer yet, since I missed most of the suckage.

I really, really want Simmons to succeed, and I don't really care about Williams TBH. In fact, I strongly disliked Williams. I had seen enough bad defense from him to start repulsing me, but Williams being able to shoot the 3, while Simmons is turning the ball over at an alarming rate combined with his reluctance to shoot, and his defensive troubles, I don't know. I am starting to think Pop will go with Williams. Pop is not much of a lover for rookies anyway. It's Williams for the 3 pt. shot, specially if they let Butler go and keep Bonner.

cd98
10-20-2015, 10:41 PM
Poor Spurs. But for the summer league performance, they wouldn't have had to guarantee Simmons's contract. He was a gamble, but he's not a young guy. He doesn't have a lot of room to improve. My guess is Williams is the winner.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-20-2015, 10:50 PM
Is it too late to bring over one of the Bertans bros

Mikeanaro
10-20-2015, 11:05 PM
Simions was scary, in a bad way.
Williams was bad but better.
Both suck imo.

rasuo214
10-20-2015, 11:14 PM
Neither. Simmons is doing more to lose it than Williams doing anything noteworthy. Both have been pretty bad, Simmons was atrocious today.

spurtech09
10-21-2015, 12:18 AM
Williams....

DeRozan m8
10-21-2015, 01:55 AM
None.
They both failed.
Not only that, they failed miserably.

You'd take Simmons on the gamble knowing he has potential, and Reggie is literally a nothing player.

Cheers

Fireball
10-21-2015, 03:14 AM
Williams at least looks like he can make a spot up 3 on a good percentage ... but everything good said about Simmons is just wrong

spurraider21
10-21-2015, 03:28 AM
Williams at least looks like he can make a spot up 3 on a good percentage ... but everything good said about Simmons is just wrong
he's been a 30% 3pt shooter since 2011

Fireball
10-21-2015, 03:35 AM
he's been a 30% FT shooter since 2011 FT? you mean 3P FG ... but just looking at this preseason he might have improved ... I rarely look at stats though

spurraider21
10-21-2015, 03:38 AM
FT? you mean 3P FG ... but just looking at this preseason he might have improved ... I rarely look at stats though
yeah meant 3pt

playbonner15
10-21-2015, 03:52 AM
Both will play with the Toros

ceperez
10-21-2015, 05:09 AM
Can't answer yet, since I missed most of the suckage.

I really, really want Simmons to succeed, and I don't really care about Williams TBH. In fact, I strongly disliked Williams. I had seen enough bad defense from him to start repulsing me, but Williams being able to shoot the 3, while Simmons is turning the ball over at an alarming rate combined with his reluctance to shoot, and his defensive troubles, I don't know. I am starting to think Pop will go with Williams. Pop is not much of a lover for rookies anyway. It's Williams for the 3 pt. shot, specially if they let Butler go and keep Bonner.

Don't really want Williams because of the lack of upside. Williams at this point though has a lot more poise.

Simmons needs to learn the game. He's a rookie so the expectations should be much lower. However, there clearly is an expectation that he can defend better. Against the Suns he had problems with the quick athletic guards.

hater
10-21-2015, 07:18 AM
Not $3m better… give me Simmons

no thanks. 3 mil is chump change.

Simmons is garbage

Gladney to see you
10-21-2015, 07:28 AM
That was some ugly basketball. It was so bad last night we were raving about McCallum good game.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
10-21-2015, 07:49 AM
I haven't been watching the preseason much.

Has Simmons really been that bad? Fredette not making the team and Butler is? Any updates?

Simmons played better D than Williams thus far this preseason. But Simmons for the most part has been atrocious on offense. I still take Simmons because he is more athletic and plays with more intensity. I think he is just trying TOO HARD at this point. He needs to settle down and get into the flow of the game.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
10-21-2015, 07:51 AM
Don't really want Williams because of the lack of upside. Williams at this point though has a lot more poise.

Simmons needs to learn the game. He's a rookie so the expectations should be much lower. However, there clearly is an expectation that he can defend better. Against the Suns he had problems with the quick athletic guards.

He had trouble because Simmons was getting caught in picks all night last night. He needs to react to these quicker. And he needs to stop helping on D on the PERIMETER. This ain't the D league. Guys in the NBA can hit open jumpers.

Gladney to see you
10-21-2015, 07:52 AM
We should just call them Swilliams or Wimmons because it really doesn't matter. That being said they have to be better than they are playing. I hope.

K...
10-21-2015, 08:40 AM
Simmons hasn't gotten his time with the big club yet. Just for due diligence I'd keep him around to see if he can bring it together. Williams had last year and he's not going anywhere. Simmons has unique size and skill. He just needs to relearn the game speed. He's athletic enough, and pafto already must know whether he's smart enough.

ceperez
10-21-2015, 08:59 AM
He had trouble because Simmons was getting caught in picks all night last night. He needs to react to these quicker. And he needs to stop helping on D on the PERIMETER. This ain't the D league. Guys in the NBA can hit open jumpers.

Simmons has to (and will) figure it out. Williams on the other hand, doesn't have any upside. What you get today is the best you'll ever get. That's why this decision is a no brainer.

The real try-out is the one for Fredette's spot. Unfortunate for Fredette, he isn't given the option to prove himself.

Lostwingman
10-21-2015, 09:29 AM
Rather have Simmons honestly.