PDA

View Full Version : More satisfying: Suns in 07' or Thunder in 14'?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-21-2015, 09:32 PM
Which series win made you cream your pants more? We were underdogs in both, and we beat a team that had our number for a while in both.

10-21-2015, 09:35 PM
I thought we had the Suns number in the 2000s? Thunder for me. It made up for the 2012 debacle...almost.

:depressed "it still hurts"

Ditty
10-21-2015, 09:39 PM
I was downtown when we beat the Thunder in 14. The bar I was at was packed, no AC in there and everyone was yelling their heads off when we won. Amazing feeling to get revenge on the Thunder who had owned us in the regular and postseason pretty much! Don't really remember much of that 07 series I guess because it was so long ago it seems and we owned Phoenix in the playoffs.

Mugen
10-21-2015, 09:41 PM
Thunder easily.

hater
10-21-2015, 09:46 PM
Clippers in 2016

spursgu
10-21-2015, 09:47 PM
Thunder easily.

This plus beating Miami in the Finals in dominating fashion.

10-21-2015, 09:50 PM
Clippers in 2016
Won't be the same without Barnes

TheGreatYacht
10-21-2015, 09:52 PM
Thunder, then Timmy topped it off with the "We'll do it this time :hat"

james evans
10-21-2015, 10:00 PM
thunder. Because they tried to cheat us again. Ibaka blatantly got away with a goal tend. They were really trying to screw us over. That was a hard fought game. Redemption for ginobli with the, big block by leonard, big play by duncan at the end. Top 5 one of my fav spurs games ever.

spurraider21
10-21-2015, 10:06 PM
Thunder. we already owned the suns before 07

random21
10-21-2015, 10:08 PM
Thunder by far... We got over a hump that was in our way for a while and got over the Ibaka fear, most importantly...

testies
10-21-2015, 10:10 PM
that 2014 run was inpecable, it was god's way of saying "ok, i was an asshole to you for the last 2 years, i'll gift you this in return"

spursistan
10-21-2015, 10:13 PM
thunder by a mile..that team was in our collective heads..Not even the early 2000s Lakers scared our guys like that..

DesignatedT
10-21-2015, 10:18 PM
Thunder 14 by a landslide. Incredible series.

spursistan
10-21-2015, 10:22 PM
avenging the Clippers in 2016 won't be shabby, tbh..that team has accumulated quite baggage of bitch-madeness in recent years..

baseline bum
10-21-2015, 10:22 PM
I have to say it was pretty fun watching Nash just quit with 10 seconds left in Game 6 in 07.

cd98
10-21-2015, 10:28 PM
Thunder. Spurs owned Suns.

Mugen
10-21-2015, 10:33 PM
I have to say it was pretty fun watching Nash just quit with 10 seconds left in Game 6 in 07.

Even better to see Chuckbrook literally run to the locker room with time left on the clock and send that faggot Fisher into retirement tbh.

bdictjames
10-21-2015, 10:48 PM
I'm going to be the bad guy here and say the Suns in 2007. It was a classic case of the bad guys (the Spurs) against the exciting team (Suns). They were playing run and gun and we were forced to play their game, even beat them on their own game. Nash, Marion, Barbosa, Stoudemire, Diaw... that was a heck of a team to beat, especially with the aging team that we had at that time. So many rivalries. I don't consider the Thunder to be a rival at all.. no rings yet, and the team is too young, too volatile and easy to implode and lose focus. The Suns team was on the verge of a championship; I don't think the Thunder would've won against Miami that year to be honest.

Uriel
10-21-2015, 10:49 PM
Thunder in '14 was probably the highest I'd gotten as a Spurs fan since Bowen hit that 3 in the corner against the Suns in '07.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE6WkyPDSF8

baseline bum
10-21-2015, 10:52 PM
Thunder in '14 was probably the highest I'd gotten as a Spurs fan since Bowen hit that 3 in the corner against the Suns in '07.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE6WkyPDSF8

14 Finals for me. The Spurs owed the Heat big and there was never a series I wanted the team to win more than that, not even the series against LA in 03.

wildcardX
10-21-2015, 10:55 PM
Never liked the Suns, so it's always a happy feeling when the Spurs beat them. For the Thunder it felt more like redemption and more satisfaction to beat them. The Spurs already swept the Grizzlies the year before(for the 2011 loss). The Thunder and then Miami wins then felt like payback for 2012 and 2013. Once all that was done and the Spurs won the championship, it was like utter contentment.

Cry Havoc
10-21-2015, 11:03 PM
I'm going to be the bad guy here and say the Suns in 2007. It was a classic case of the bad guys (the Spurs) against the exciting team (Suns). They were playing run and gun and we were forced to play their game, even beat them on their own game. Nash, Marion, Barbosa, Stoudemire, Diaw... that was a heck of a team to beat, especially with the aging team that we had at that time. So many rivalries. I don't consider the Thunder to be a rival at all.. no rings yet, and the team is too young, too volatile and easy to implode and lose focus. The Suns team was on the verge of a championship; I don't think the Thunder would've won against Miami that year to be honest.

Meh, the Suns team was pretty likable, IMO. Nash is a pretty good dude on the court. No one on the Suns stood out to me as someone I really dlsliked.

Meanwhile, apart from KD, the entire Thunder roster is somewhat loathsome, starting with Westbrook. I have a special corner of disgust in my head for players who show up against one team but then wilt the very next series. Ibaka was shooting like 99.99999% against us and then just laid a turd in the Finals. He's a poser, and not nearly the elite player he's made out to be. Very good defender but so limited on offense when his jumper isn't falling. They would have lost that series with a 100% healthy Ibaka, it was just nice the way it turned out with Kawhi making one of the most sensational defensive plays in playoff history.

Clipper Nation
10-21-2015, 11:09 PM
As a neutral fan, I was glad to see the faggot Suns lose in '07. The media's sob stories over Nash flopping into the scorers' table and Amar'e and Diaw's well-deserved suspensions were ridiculous. ESPN had Jalen Rose on 24/7 crying about the suspensions. Nobody ever brought up how Horry got two games off while Baron Davis didn't get suspended at all for elbowing Fisher in the other series.

Russ
10-21-2015, 11:09 PM
The Suns were never a serious contender.

They never beat the Spurs when it mattered (like the Thunder) and they never got to the NBA Finals (liker the Thunder).

The Thunder was a bigger win easily.

Robz4000
10-21-2015, 11:18 PM
Thunder easily.

LaMarcus Bryant
10-21-2015, 11:34 PM
Thunder not even close

HI-FI
10-22-2015, 12:14 AM
Definitely Thunder. I was a fan of Nash and Diaw back then so there wasn't much hate. With the Thunder, they had it coming for all the rigging.

BatManu20
10-22-2015, 12:52 AM
Thunder easily.

Horry Hipcheck
10-22-2015, 04:18 AM
The Thunder series felt better, even though I agree with people who say the Suns were the fiercer rival. Watching the Spurs get harassed by the Lakers several years running was awful, and the petulant child-fan in me enjoyed that the Spurs became that monster for Phoenix. I actually enjoyed the 2005 Suns series better, only because the Spurs were not the sexy pick against the high octane 62-win Suns, and they obliterated them. Beating the Thunder, after the 2012 shitshow, felt amazing. Mostly because they beat them, and none of the players celebrated. Tim delivered that line about finishing the job and it was like the entire team had simply dismissed the Thunder. Fantastic.

DeRozan m8
10-22-2015, 04:49 AM
Thunder for me.

But Game 6 revenge was something else...

In particular, that rapage of Miami in the 3rd Q of Game 5.
Splitter blocked that bitch, Wade, that led to back to back Mills 3's and then the one from Manu to put us 21 up...

'What an avalanche from San Antonio' will never get old.
Ever.

Fireball
10-22-2015, 05:18 AM
Thunder ... was in a hotel in Edinburgh ... overslept the first half of game 6 and was sad about the lead of the Thunder and the fact that Tony was injured.
Then this amazing display of Basketball happened ... Timmy sealing the deal in OT ... just awesome.

daledondale
10-22-2015, 08:23 AM
thunder. Because they tried to cheat us again. Ibaka blatantly got away with a goal tend. They were really trying to screw us over. That was a hard fought game. Redemption for ginobli with the, big block by leonard, big play by duncan at the end. Top 5 one of my fav spurs games ever.
:flag:

daledondale
10-22-2015, 08:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOciqm1QApA

Enjoy.

BD24
10-22-2015, 08:57 AM
Thunders no doubt. I was downtown and it fucking erupted when kawhi got that block on the chimp

TXstbobcat
10-22-2015, 09:31 AM
Thunder in 2014. Everything about the 2014 playoff run was incredible getting back to the finals to get revenge on the Heat.

DarrinS
10-22-2015, 09:35 AM
Thunder by a mile.

Love that Manu-Patty-Timmy-Boris play.

Sending Fisher into retirement was a bonus.

SsKSpurs21
10-22-2015, 09:51 AM
I dont think there was a moment in '07 when i thought we would lose. '14 when Serge came back and we dropped 2 i thought maybe mentally the Spurs were shook. Plus like everyone said the thunder just seemed to have our number. they beat us 4-0 in the regular season and they got that emotional spark with ibaka back. it was much more satisfying beating them.

Lostwingman
10-22-2015, 10:37 AM
Won't be the same without Barnes

Chances are we'll see either the Clippers or the Griz in the playoffs, possibly both. We'll get to see some shit this playoffs again, injury gods willing.

Lostwingman
10-22-2015, 10:42 AM
Thunders no doubt. I was downtown and it fucking erupted when kawhi got that block on the chimp

Weirdly the most memorable moment to me was Durant slipping, probably because of this though. (http://www.totalprosports.com/2014/06/01/lance-stephenson-blow-kevin-durant-turnover-video/)

TheDoctor
10-22-2015, 10:49 AM
Thunder, then Timmy topped it off with the "We'll do it this time :hat"

Full. That was some OG shit right there.

To the OP, Thunder hands down. Suns are still our puppets.

z0sa
10-22-2015, 10:51 AM
Personally feel like the Thunder series was way bigger. Thunder game 6 in 14 is in my top ten all time favorite games.

BD24
10-22-2015, 11:37 AM

Enjoy.
Rewatching this just brought back a whole wave of emotions. Man I remember how pissed off I was with the officiating in that game and how incredibly nervous I was. Duncan making Ibaka his bitch in ot and then sealing the game with the bucket over the midgets. What a great game that was.

TheDoctor
10-22-2015, 01:45 PM
Rewatching this just brought back a whole wave of emotions. Man I remember how pissed off I was with the officiating in that game and how incredibly nervous I was. Duncan making Ibaka his bitch in ot and then sealing the game with the bucket over the midgets. What a great game that was.

The officiating was horrible for stretches. Climax was the Manu goaltend. They get that play right, no need for OT.

DarrinS
10-22-2015, 01:49 PM
They get that play right, no need for OT.

True

10-22-2015, 02:13 PM
The officiating was horrible for stretches. Climax was the Manu goaltend. They get that play right, no need for OT.

They made up for it by not caliing the moving screen that freed Many up for tres

daledondale
10-22-2015, 02:54 PM

Yeah. Hell of a game. I was fucking mad with that bullshit refs. Thank god the guys bring us home.

manufan10
10-22-2015, 03:06 PM

Enjoy.

Still gets my heart pumping. Great game.

Sean Cagney
10-22-2015, 03:08 PM
Beating the Suns was routine then in the playoffs so there was no revenge, the Thunder on the other hand was the best series we won in a loooooooong time IMO (Sides the Heat blowout of course). I could not stand Westbrook then at all and wanted them to get revenge on that team badly, they were cocky and arrogant and just thought they had the Spurs number as you could tell in their body language.

Did I mention that asshole Perkins who shoved Duncan earlier that year in a game? Did I mention FISHER as well an sending him to retirement? Not even close.

Sean Cagney
10-22-2015, 03:10 PM
Personally feel like the Thunder series was way bigger. Thunder game 6 in 14 is in my top ten all time favorite games.

No doubt at all. When they blew that 10 point lead in the 4th I said here we go again with this bullshit and expected a routine loss from a blown Spurs lead, but nope they had the resolve to calm down and take it home.

tmtcsc
10-22-2015, 05:18 PM
Which series win made you cream your pants more? We were underdogs in both, and we beat a team that had our number for a while in both.

We weren't underdogs in 2014 against the Thunder and I never considered the Suns a threat to those Spurs teams. We finished the Suns 2-4 and beat them on their court twice to do it. The beat down we gave OKC was more satisfying because it exercised the demons of the previous playoff encounter. Those scrubs had it coming to them and nothing was going to get in the way of the Spurs winning. Damn, that was a great Championship run.

DarrinS
10-22-2015, 06:00 PM
I like how game 6 vs Thunder started, too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w_6okdZ-vo

Silver&Black
10-22-2015, 06:13 PM
Thunder easily.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-22-2015, 06:20 PM
Thunder in 2014 OBVIOUSLY because of the revenge factor and because they had our number big time (both regular season and playoffs) since 2012. Spurs were expected to beat the Suns in both 2005 and 2007 so it wasn't a big deal. I would put the 2005 Sonics above the 2005 & 2007 Suns, honestly. There really wasn't a great team we beat in 2007, and this partially contributed to this year being by far my least favorite title.

But if you had to give me an all-time favorite playoff series victory... at least out of the West... it would be 2003 Lakers, easily, hands down.

ElNono
10-22-2015, 06:34 PM
Thunder easily.

spurs10
10-22-2015, 06:34 PM
Thunder thumping in Game 6 was glorious and badass. Just watched that clip...thanks daleondale!

DarrinS
10-22-2015, 06:43 PM
Man, Westbrook went full retard in OT of game 6. :lol

DarrinS
10-22-2015, 07:06 PM
2014 was the most satisfying of all the championship runs, for a variety of reasons

LaMarcus Bryant
10-22-2015, 07:32 PM
My only regret is jackson not on that 2014 team.
He deserved to be there the way he played against OKC back in 2012.PERIOD

daledondale
10-23-2015, 10:02 AM
Thunder thumping in Game 6 was glorious and badass. Just watched that clip...thanks daleondale!
:toast

FromWayDowntown
10-23-2015, 10:46 AM
Lakers in 03. The belief that the Spurs just couldn't beat those guys was so great by the time that series rolled around with the debacles of 2001 and 2002 still fresh. It's been so long, I doubt many even remember just how frustrating that matchup was and how much talking yourself into belief was mostly just a matter of pure faith.

Other than the titles, I'm not sure that I've celebrated a series win as joyously as I did that one.

daslicer
10-23-2015, 11:28 AM
Lakers in 03. The belief that the Spurs just couldn't beat those guys was so great by the time that series rolled around with the debacles of 2001 and 2002 still fresh. It's been so long, I doubt many even remember just how frustrating that matchup was and how much talking yourself into belief was mostly just a matter of pure faith.

Other than the titles, I'm not sure that I've celebrated a series win as joyously as I did that one.

I felt the same way. Those Laker championship teams were extremely hate able especially after all the trash they talked about the '99 title not being legit. I remember Duncan having the meniscus tear before the '00 playoffs made it so much more frustrating because I felt if Duncan could have played the Lakers would have lost in '00. I had the belief in the summer '00 once Duncan resigned that the spurs would beat the Lakers in the playoffs. Then losing the '01 playoff series the way the spurs did was devastating. In '02 I didn't have the expectations the Spurs could beat the Lakers but I was just hoping they could make it competitive and which they did. Even though spurs lost in '02 it gave me confidence that they were just player away from taking out the Lakers. I felt very confident going into the '03 playoffs the Spurs would finally topple those arrogant bums. I remember after the spurs won game 5 Kobe and Shaq started talking a lot of trash about how they were going to win game 6 and 7. They both assumed they were going to be able to comeback like they did a year earlier against the Kings. It was great seeing Duncan go off in game 6 against the Lakers especially after all the trash they talked about him not being the real mvp the last few years. It was awesome seeing Kobe and Fisher in tears along with seeing Shaq in shock sitting on the bench. I despise the 3 peat Lakers there has never been a team with so much arrogance starting from the coach to the stars and even the role players. There was so much satisfaction in beating that team more so than any other spurs rival.

quentin_compson
10-23-2015, 12:04 PM
Thunder, and it's not even close. That 07 series against the Suns was still fun to watch, though.