PDA

View Full Version : Aldridge splash irrelevant if Tony Parker keeps slipping

Mikeanaro
10-22-2015, 10:00 AM
Some interesting points, tbh.
http://nypost.com/2015/10/21/spurs-aldridge-splash-irrelevant-if-tony-parker-keeps-slipping/

el contusione
10-22-2015, 10:23 AM
Bitter but its the truth..

Lostwingman
10-22-2015, 10:34 AM
Head of the snake is a frog. Gotta adjust.

manu2timdynasty
10-22-2015, 10:37 AM
Tony will be fine, Lamarcus's jump shot is really gonna help Tony's assist numbers.

DarrinS
10-22-2015, 10:38 AM
TP fangirls need to get in here and start spinning :lol

BatManu20
10-22-2015, 11:05 AM
#TradeTony

ChumpDumper
10-22-2015, 11:07 AM
TP fangirls need to get in here and start spinning :lolWhat needs to be spun? Tony needs to be better than last season. Even you could figure that out on your own.

Fireball
10-22-2015, 11:13 AM
sad but true ... during offseason I re-watched so many games from the last few years and the one thing that always came up was how TPs penetration (drive & score or drive & kick) opens up the Spurs game ... if this a total thing of the past, we are fucked and LMA will not help us enough to offset this

Dex
10-22-2015, 11:13 AM
Well at least the conversation has gone from "Spurs are old" to "Tony is old". :wakeup It's somewhat of a twist.

dabom
10-22-2015, 11:20 AM
Lmao

ElNono
10-22-2015, 11:23 AM
Reminds me of Reggie Miller every time I rewatch the WCF games against OKC, tbh... "The Spurs can't win this series if Tony Parker doesn't show up"...

dabom
10-22-2015, 11:24 AM
Reminds me of Reggie Miller every time I rewatch the WCF games against OKC, tbh... "The Spurs can't win this series if Tony Parker doesn't show up"...

You have to tell me the time. :lmao

SpursforSix
10-22-2015, 11:24 AM
all TP jokes aside...how could FO not see this coming? Or if they did, why did they not make some different moves?
I prematurely called Tony's demise a few years ago but even a casual fan should have been able to look at last year and realize that TP is not going to be able to be effective given
his loss of quickness and speed. I hoped like all Spurs fans that last year was due mostly to injury but realistically, FO should have seen this and made plans.

I appreciate what the guy did in his younger days and acknowledge that he was as good as there was at what he did. But that doesn't do anything for the Spurs right now.

Not one to doubt Pop. And I don't think it negates all of the moves they've made. But having him as the starting PG makes it a long and difficult road to get another ring.

Chinook
10-22-2015, 11:41 AM

I could make a whole breakdown on how many wrong takes Miller had in that series.

Chinook
10-22-2015, 11:44 AM
The Spurs might needs to trade for a scoring guard this year. What's going to be hard is match salaries. Williams being on the team helps, but he only counts for so much. And then there's the question of incentive.

Mikeanaro
10-22-2015, 11:59 AM
There was a time we had like 4 PGs or maybe Im drunk, Nando Cojo Patty Parker and now we are a little short since McCallum is raw and Patty needs to play pure point if he is gonna be out there doing lots of minutes, Slomo cant fill those shoes...

ElNono
10-22-2015, 12:05 PM
You have to tell me the time. :lmao

First half of Game 6 for sure... but he ran with that narrative pretty much throughout the series.

ElNono
10-22-2015, 12:06 PM
all TP jokes aside...how could FO not see this coming? Or if they did, why did they not make some different moves?
I prematurely called Tony's demise a few years ago but even a casual fan should have been able to look at last year and realize that TP is not going to be able to be effective given
his loss of quickness and speed. I hoped like all Spurs fans that last year was due mostly to injury but realistically, FO should have seen this and made plans.

I appreciate what the guy did in his younger days and acknowledge that he was as good as there was at what he did. But that doesn't do anything for the Spurs right now.

Not one to doubt Pop. And I don't think it negates all of the moves they've made. But having him as the starting PG makes it a long and difficult road to get another ring.

I think Pop feels he can transform Tony into more of a playmaker... he did the same with Manu. We'll see if it works out.

dabom
10-22-2015, 12:07 PM
First half of Game 6 for sure... but he ran with that narrative pretty much throughout the series.

:lol. I haven't rewatched the series or any of the 2014 playoffs besides game 5 finals. You know me. I have asked for facilitator tony since a year ago. I hope he gets back to being a role player. :tu

K...
10-22-2015, 12:24 PM
We spent how many years searching for an athletic sf before Leonard? How long to replace Robinson?

It just seems kind of short sighted to say we should have done something about Parker. It's just not possible with a salary cap to stockpile talent like you're the Alabama football team or something.

SpursforSix
10-22-2015, 12:37 PM
I think Pop feels he can transform Tony into more of a playmaker... he did the same with Manu. We'll see if it works out.

Maybe. But Manu always had the instincts to be a playmaker. I'm just not sure that's something that's learnable. Or at least learnable at an NBA level.

SpursBig3s
10-22-2015, 12:37 PM
You'd have to think this is the year the Sours actively look for TP's successor in the draft, as we won't have enough cap space to sign or trade for a legitimate starting PG... Right?

gambit1990
10-22-2015, 12:40 PM
we used to need tony parker.

RD2191
10-22-2015, 12:42 PM
Should of traded Porker and kept Cojo. I always thought Cojo would be the Spurs PG of the future. Sure he might be bad but he's nowehere near current TP bad.

RD2191
10-22-2015, 12:43 PM
Manu is one of the greatest facilitators of all time. Parkers offense was the only positive he ever brought to the Spurs. He has zero value now that he can't score.

Kawhitstorm
10-22-2015, 01:55 PM
all TP jokes aside...how could FO not see this coming?

You don't think Pop was aware of Tony's demise?:lmao Pop was simply playing the loyalty card & was back paying Tony (someone who he treats as his own son) for taking pay cuts during his prime (most likely a handshake agreement). You also have the issue of finding a replacement that Pop is willing to trust right away since Tim/Manu are nearing the end of their career not to mention Tim/Manu might have vouched for Tony & might have retired if he wasn't retained.

After 2014 Pop basically didn't give a fuck about chasing trophies b/c there was nothing that was going to top it so he main focus was ushering in a new era while allowing the Big 3 retire on their own terms w/ their dignities intact.

SpursforSix
10-22-2015, 02:14 PM
You don't think Pop was aware of Tony's demise?:lmao Pop was simply playing the loyalty card & was back paying Tony (someone who he treats as his own son) for taking pay cuts during his prime (most likely a handshake agreement). You also have the issue of finding a replacement that Pop is willing to trust right away since Tim/Manu are nearing the end of their career not to mention Tim/Manu might have vouched for Tony & might have retired if he wasn't retained.

After 2014 Pop basically didn't give a fuck about chasing trophies b/c there was nothing that was going to top it so he main focus was ushering in a new era while allowing the Big 3 retire on their own terms w/ their dignities intact.

that's a lot of assumptions. Tim and Manu retiring if they don't sign Tony?

I don't mind them being loyal to Tony but it shouldn't be a contract that hurts the team like it does. Give him 30 years at $2,000,000 per. At this point, there won't be much drop off between now and 2045.

LOL about Pop not caring about trophies.

Regardless, by now, they've had plenty of time to get a decent back up. Mills is great at what he does but they could surely have found a veteran PG by now.

Kawhitstorm
10-22-2015, 02:34 PM
that's a lot of assumptions. Tim and Manu retiring if they don't sign Tony?

I don't mind them being loyal to Tony but it shouldn't be a contract that hurts the team like it does. Give him 30 years at $2,000,000 per. At this point, there won't be much drop off between now and 2045.

LOL about Pop not caring about trophies.

Regardless, by now, they've had plenty of time to get a decent back up. Mills is great at what he does but they could surely have found a veteran PG by now.

Plenty of time to get a decent backup? You mean Patty/CoJo. Why in the hell would they get another backup when they couldn't even keep CoJo b/c of LMA? If Pop wasn't loyal & Tony wasn't part of the Big 3 then he would have been shipped out of like Richard Jefferson's terrible contract. The fact is there is no way Tony is getting traded ala Kobe. The solution would have been to let Tony play out his contract then resign him to his market value instead of back paying him via an extension. They could stretch his contract if he want to retire but dude is claiming he wants to play for 20 season for the sake of his legacy.
In any case stubborn Pop is going to do it his own way & nobody can stop him b/c he rules w/ an iron fist::pop:

SpursforSix
10-22-2015, 02:41 PM
Plenty of time to get a decent backup? You mean Patty/CoJo. Why in the hell would they get another backup when they couldn't even keep CoJo b/c of LMA? If Pop wasn't loyal & Tony wasn't part of the Big 3 then he would have been shipped out of like Richard Jefferson's terrible contract. The fact is there is no way Tony is getting traded ala Kobe. The solution would have been to let Tony play out his contract then resign him to his market value instead of back paying him via an extension. They could stretch his contract if he want to retire but dude is claiming he wants to play for 20 season for the sake of his legacy.
In any case stubborn Pop is going to do it his own way & nobody can stop him b/c he rules w/ an iron fist::pop:

I don't know. Maybe I should just send Pop an email.

SAGirl
10-22-2015, 02:45 PM
We spent how many years searching for an athletic sf before Leonard? How long to replace Robinson?

It just seems kind of short sighted to say we should have done something about Parker. It's just not possible with a salary cap to stockpile talent like you're the Alabama football team or something.
The team will be different. We are not getting another star PG. Tony will do what he does, but he won't be the same as he was. He's more of a roleplayer now. You hope he can hit his 3s, take good care of the ball and be opportunistic when the ball comes his way to score or set someone else up. If we move on from Tony we are not getting his equivalent in his better years. Hopefully we get someone who is tough defensively and can hit a 3. Ray might be able to do that for stretches (hopefully).

The worry right now rather is that Kawhi is not the playmaker a prime Tony, TD, or Manu were. At one point or another one of these 3 was in dominant fashion and made a lot of plays, with the others adding and contributing and some overlapping. At this point, if our best player is Kawhi, the question is can he be the dominant playmaker/scorer these guys were in their primes. If he comes up short in this department, then you need Tony to supply that, and that could be a problem at that point.

Slo-mo will contribute and we will see development from him as a playmaker this year. Its' his best asset and he's damn real good at it. Only, he's in a development path of his own, with improvements required in his range shooting and other areas. He has potential of his own, but still young and inexperienced, he won't supply what the main unit needs. I do see Aldridge playing with the bench some. Kyle and LMA have good chemistry. I have been so surprised by Kyle, that I'll be honest and say there isn't a guy he doesn't know how to set up for a shot TBH. That aspect of the game comes very naturally to him. Its the other stuff where we hope to see him get better this year.

DAF86
10-22-2015, 02:46 PM
Not necessarily true. The '14 championship was won with pretty mediocre contribution from TP, tbh.

RD2191
10-22-2015, 03:11 PM
If there's ever a night where Parker takes more shots than Kawhi or LMA his ass needs to be benched for the season.

sasaint
10-22-2015, 03:20 PM

:lol So true. Where would Bama be if it were burdened by a salary cap?

10-22-2015, 03:27 PM
Surely Pop will adjust the gameplan like he did whehn he moved from Tim to Manu to Tony... Tony shouldn't be the head of the snake anymore, and it's on Pop to figure how to properly integrate LMA or Kawhi into that role.

SpursforSix
10-22-2015, 03:30 PM
Surely Pop will adjust the gameplan like he did whehn he moved from Tim to Manu to Tony... Tony shouldn't be the head of the snake anymore, and it's on Pop to figure how to properly integrate LMA or Kawhi into that role.

I'm not as worried about his offense as his defense. As long as he can move the ball on offense and hit an occasional jumper, he'll be OK maybe. But he's going to be consistently exposed on defense.

TEXICAN
10-22-2015, 03:51 PM
I'm not as worried about his offense as his defense. As long as he can move the ball on offense and hit an occasional jumper, he'll be OK maybe. But he's going to be consistently exposed on defense.
This.. Why does there have to be so many damn good pg's in the West. He's going to be torched on a nightly basis.

sasaint
10-22-2015, 03:58 PM

I think Pop can mold Tony. Tony has limitations, but he is not stupid. He has worked hard on his game, and it has evolved effectively. He foresaw this day and worked to develop his jump shot. His mid-range game is money, and he can get hot from 3, too. I expect that part of his game to continue to improve. He and Manu are our best ball-handlers, and I expect that to continue this season, as well. That's what we need from Tony now. Bring the ball up the floor, break the press as necessary, and initiate the offense.

Going forward, If Tony is an effective combo guard he will be fine in a new role. As long as our offense continues to stress player and ball movement, we don't need the Tony of old (which should cause some to rejoice), and he is good enough and smart enough to provide what we do need.

sasaint
10-22-2015, 04:08 PM
This.. Why does there have to be so many damn good pg's in the West. He's going to be torched on a nightly basis.

Pop will not consistently task Tony with defending the opposing PG. He will guard the opposing SG most of the time. We will guard the great PGs in the West by committee - a little Tony, a little Danny, a little Kawhi and a little pestering with Patty.

TEXICAN
10-22-2015, 04:16 PM
Pop will not consistently task Tony with defending the opposing PG. He will guard the opposing SG most of the time. We will guard the great PGs in the West by committee - a little Tony, a little Danny, a little Kawhi and a little pestering with Patty.
True, but there are some matchups where he will not be so easy to hide...GS, Houston with new addition of Lawson, Clips w/Pierce and Stephenson come to mind who are potential playoff matchups

RD2191
10-22-2015, 04:23 PM
The fuck are people talking about? Porker refuses to change his game. I'll believe it when I see it.

Bartleby
10-22-2015, 04:42 PM

spurraider21
10-22-2015, 04:50 PM
https://instagram.com/p/9J5Ql4Rh6z/

mingus
10-22-2015, 05:11 PM
Last season Parker had injuries that plagued him and in addition the Spurs had deep post season runs the prior 3 years causing fatigue no doubt--not only him but the whole team. We'll know fairly quickly into the season I think what are realistic expectations for him. If after a long off-season where he dieted and trained better than ever he struggles like last year at getting to the rim, then I have little hope he'll get better as season wears on. If he's his normal or close to normal self, then hopefully we can rest him so he is fresh for the Playoffs even if that means giving up a seed or two.

If Parker can't perform to level needed, the only hope is that Kyle Anderson can step up hugely. But he's unproven, so not going to rest hopes there--but I do like him a lot and think there is a possibility he can be a real good player.

So outside of expecting epic things from KA which is unfair and not probable, I agree with OP. If Parker doesn't perform, the Spurs are done for. He's too instrumental to the offense, which is basically built around his penetration.

ElNono
10-22-2015, 05:36 PM
Peeps underselling NBA champ Patty Mills a ton, tbh... He's no Parker, but with the scoring load tilting somewhere else, we know him and Manu are good enough to go all the way...

Also, McCallum is still largely an unknown quantity... for basic ball handling and play calling, he seems serviceable so far... time will tell

SAGirl
10-22-2015, 06:24 PM
Peeps underselling NBA champ Patty Mills a ton, tbh...

I love me some Patty Thrills for sure.
:bobo

Mikeanaro
10-22-2015, 06:25 PM
Not necessarily true. The '14 championship was won with pretty mediocre contribution from TP, tbh.
But he was willing to pass the ball renouncing to his hero antics, which wasnt the case in ´15.

dabom
10-22-2015, 06:35 PM
I love me some Patty Thrills for sure.
:bobo

SpursforSix
10-22-2015, 06:41 PM

There's going to be tons of match up problems. SG shooting 3's over him or forcing him to play tight. They'll blow around him forcing someone to help and leaving someone else open. Teams will do to the Spurs like they have done.

Ice009
10-22-2015, 06:49 PM

Exactly. This is what I've been saying all along. His defense is the real worry.

sasaint
10-22-2015, 06:49 PM
Peeps underselling NBA champ Patty Mills a ton, tbh... He's no Parker, but with the scoring load tilting somewhere else, we know him and Manu are good enough to go all the way...

Also, McCallum is still largely an unknown quantity... for basic ball handling and play calling, he seems serviceable so far... time will tell

True, Patty has decent handles. But I am concerned that forcing him into the role of principal ball handler for long stretches would have an adverse impact on his shooting, which we need more than ever this season. As for McCallum, you are seeing something that I do not. Yes, he is largely an unknown quantity, but what I have seen does not lead me to believe that he is "serviceable" against anybody but the opponents' scrubs in mop-up time. Basically Tony and Manu are the guys who will have to bring the ball up the floor especially against pressure. Patty will need to some, and Kawhi, also, against favorable match ups. But I really want those guys concentrating on what they do best.

sasaint
10-22-2015, 06:59 PM
There's going to be tons of match up problems. SG shooting 3's over him or forcing him to play tight. They'll blow around him forcing someone to help and leaving someone else open. Teams will do to the Spurs like they have done.

So, basically you think that Tony won't even be capable of playing defense to the level he has in the past? Wow, it's not like he used his quickness or speed to great advantage on defense at any point in his career. I don't think he is any greater liability now than he ever has been, and we have overcome it.

ElNono
10-22-2015, 07:00 PM
True, Patty has decent handles. But I am concerned that forcing him into the role of principal ball handler for long stretches would have an adverse impact on his shooting, which we need more than ever this season. As for McCallum, you are seeing something that I do not. Yes, he is largely an unknown quantity, but what I have seen does not lead me to believe that he is "serviceable" against anybody but the opponents' scrubs in mop-up time. Basically Tony and Manu are the guys who will have to bring the ball up the floor especially against pressure. Patty will need to some, and Kawhi, also, against favorable match ups. But I really want those guys concentrating on what they do best.

All I'm saying about McCallum is that it's ridiculous to make an assessment of his talent over 4-5 games when All-Star talent like LMA had struggles of his own. This team is a melting pot right now, trying to figure itself out and what Pop wants this team to be.

I thought in a couple of games he was aggressive and played relatively well. You know, hints of having a handle on things. In others he flat out sucked.

He could easily end up being a bust, as he could easily end up being a serviceable player. But I think it's premature to count him out in late October.

Kikoluna
10-22-2015, 07:48 PM
Thanks for thread. You might be called a torta eater by those who don't see parkers decline though

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-22-2015, 08:56 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nfp9ppf

?

SpursforSix
10-22-2015, 09:20 PM
So, basically you think that Tony won't even be capable of playing defense to the level he has in the past? Wow, it's not like he used his quickness or speed to great advantage on defense at any point in his career. I don't think he is any greater liability now than he ever has been, and we have overcome it.

Slower is slower. He'll be a greater liability.

Mikeanaro
10-22-2015, 09:43 PM
Thanks for thread. You might be called a torta eater by those who don't see parkers decline though
You are welcome man.

sasaint
10-22-2015, 10:21 PM
Slower is slower. He'll be a greater liability.

The linked article and this thread were really talking about offense, not defense. Even so, your comment about defense sounds good but is really a logical fallacy. Defense is as much (or more) about position, effort and especially "smarts" in a team context, than it is about speed. It is not a simple foot race. But if it were, your argument would be something like: Parker was once capable of reaching 100mph by giving 100% effort; but now he can only reach 80mph with 100% effort. My argument is something like: Parker once was capable of reaching 70mph by exerting 70% effort; but now he has to exert 90% effort to reach 70mph. I believe this is possible, especially if he is expending much less energy on the offensive end as a result of his taking on much less of the offensive load - which is the case. On the other side of my analogy, if he gives the same 70% effort and only reaches 50mph, he will quickly find himself in Pop's doghouse. I do not expect it to happen, but Tony's D could actually improve. Great players find ways to help the team when their primary skill is off and even when it begins to fade. Is Parker a great player? i never thought so, but he has been resilient enough to first survive and then thrive under Pop.

DJR210
10-22-2015, 10:26 PM
#TradeTony

The Knicks/Lakers don't have anything we need.. They're the only team's stupid enough to take a terrible contract like Tony's and even that's reaching.

apalisoc_9
10-22-2015, 10:29 PM

I might reconsider my take between Messi and Ronaldo if you keep up with these truth bombs..

Kawhitstorm
10-22-2015, 10:32 PM
The addition of LMA/West will prevent him from pounding the air out of the ball trying to get into the paint since he can just pitch the ball out to LMA/West if the defense collapses unlike Tiago/Baynes or even hesitant Tim/Diaw. All he has to do is not turn the ball over or force shots which is both doable. As far as his defense, he should have more energy to put some effort on defense with the lessened burden on offense come playoff time.

james evans
10-22-2015, 10:40 PM
it's too late for that shit. If he hasn't wanted to pass the ball in 13 years, bringing in Aldridge isn't gonna change him now.

look_at_g_shred
10-22-2015, 10:41 PM
Manu is one of the greatest facilitators of all time. Parkers offense was the only positive he ever brought to the Spurs. He has zero value now that he can't score.
This is the truth.

james evans
10-22-2015, 10:42 PM
Exactly. This is what I've been saying all along. His defense is the real worry.
it's not a worry. He just can't play any and refuses to try most of the season.

Mikeanaro
10-22-2015, 11:09 PM
This is the truth.
Yes but at least if he accepts to pass the ball, that will be a huge improvement I was watching the game vs PHX the other day and he attempted one of his slow layups, fell to the floor no call and I was like... why you keep doing this?

DenialTwist
10-23-2015, 07:06 AM
Ouch. This will probably be the Tony Parker "narrative" all season. I've already heard on several nba podcasts from commentators saying that they don't trust Parker's health, production and decline. Even two of the Spurs beat writers said they don't think the Spurs will make the WCF. They both predicted it would be OKC partly because of the Spurs backcourt and Parker's unpredictability. :(

DarrinS
10-23-2015, 07:47 AM
TP = weakest link

eric365
10-23-2015, 07:59 AM

You probably didn't watch Game 7 vs the mavs
Or the first games vs the Blazers just after they were on fire in the 1st round
Or during the finals when Miami defended a lot on Tony except the last 2 games

That said the spurs obviously can win at this point without a good Tony Parker or even without him at all
We just have to make a trade for a decent PG to stars with Mills taking 20 mpg

With Aldrige, Duncan and West, you can give up Diaw to get a decent PG before the trade deadline

DarrinS
10-23-2015, 08:11 AM

That said the spurs obviously can win at this point without a good Tony Parker or even without him at all

With Aldrige, Duncan and West, you can give up Diaw to get a decent PG before the trade deadline

Lol, Diaw was arguably more valuable than TP in that 2014 run.

Chinook
10-23-2015, 08:20 AM
The Knicks/Lakers don't have anything we need.. They're the only team's stupid enough to take a terrible contract like Tony's and even that's reaching.

Tony and Boban for Calderon and O'Quinn. Would get the Spurs a PG who's already pretty much the player Tony's trying to develop into and gets an upgrade at the fifth-big spot who could eventually start next to LMA. Spurs also get under the tax. Knicks get star power while giving up essentially nothing. And they keep their cap space pretty much intact for next off-season.

SpursforSix
10-23-2015, 10:14 AM
The linked article and this thread were really talking about offense, not defense. Even so, your comment about defense sounds good but is really a logical fallacy. Defense is as much (or more) about position, effort and especially "smarts" in a team context, than it is about speed. It is not a simple foot race. But if it were, your argument would be something like: Parker was once capable of reaching 100mph by giving 100% effort; but now he can only reach 80mph with 100% effort. My argument is something like: Parker once was capable of reaching 70mph by exerting 70% effort; but now he has to exert 90% effort to reach 70mph. I believe this is possible, especially if he is expending much less energy on the offensive end as a result of his taking on much less of the offensive load - which is the case. On the other side of my analogy, if he gives the same 70% effort and only reaches 50mph, he will quickly find himself in Pop's doghouse. I do not expect it to happen, but Tony's D could actually improve. Great players find ways to help the team when their primary skill is off and even when it begins to fade. Is Parker a great player? i never thought so, but he has been resilient enough to first survive and then thrive under Pop.

:lol

DJR210
10-23-2015, 11:12 AM
Would get the Spurs a PG who's already pretty much the player Tony's trying to develop into :lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-23-2015, 11:20 AM
How much regression from Tony would it really take for PATFO to make some kind of move? If he's still shitting the bed close to how he did against the Clippers around January, does the team really continue to give him 25-30 minutes? It's really hard to tell when PATFO will draw the line, because they've never dumped a player who's meant so much to the franchise's history.

Chinook
10-23-2015, 11:21 AM
:lol

It's not really a joke. Jose can assist at a high rate and space the floor. He's not a guy you can run an offense through, but he can facilitate it for better players. Obviously, you'd want Tony to get some defensive toughness in his game to help him body up two-guards (and allow Green and Kawhi to guard PGs), but offensively, Calderon is a great template for Parker to follow.

DAF86
10-23-2015, 11:59 AM

Yeah, I watched all of those things but that doesn't take away the fact that his playoffs were pretty mediocre, tbh.

DJR210
10-23-2015, 01:34 PM
It's not really a joke. Jose can assist at a high rate and space the floor. He's not a guy you can run an offense through, but he can facilitate it for better players. Obviously, you'd want Tony to get some defensive toughness in his game to help him body up two-guards (and allow Green and Kawhi to guard PGs), but offensively, Calderon is a great template for Parker to follow.

I know, that why I :lol'ed

Who would have thought this 3 years ago

Chinook
10-23-2015, 01:40 PM
I know, that why I :lol'ed

Who would have thought this 3 years ago

If you would have told me in 2010 that Tim would be a revived player in 2013, I'd have laughed. Now look. Same thing with Parker if he can become a shooter and facilitator who spends most of his energy bodying guards up. It would be quite a revival and a much fate than I would have imagined for a Tony post elite speed.