PDA

View Full Version : Ginobili/West pick and pops

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-22-2015, 02:15 PM
Are you guys surprised we haven't seen much of this in the preseason? I figured that would be an instant way West can get focus into the Spurs system. Not worried about West at all, but he clearly hasn't found his place yet in the system. It's still early.

ElNono
10-22-2015, 02:22 PM
Manu has actually looked really good and I was impressed with West's defense... so I'm not really concerned that hasn't developed. West actually looks a bit shy to take shots, and prefers to move the ball, which has worked fairly well in that second unit with Patty, Kyle and Boris.

It's gonna be a process, regardless. This team obviously needs time to come together, but the talent is there.

monkeypunk
10-22-2015, 02:55 PM
I also don't think that West was ready for the crazy angles and speed of Manu's passes. I saw at least one pass pop out of his hands last game.

Maybe he's a little gun shy since he hasn't quite adjusted to Manu so he's passing back out for now. Once he adjusts, he'll have that pick and pop all day every day.

Fireball
10-22-2015, 02:58 PM
I also don't think that West was ready for the crazy angles and speed of Manu's passes. I saw at least one pass pop out of his hands last game.

More like 3 ... it really happened quite often :lol

monkeypunk
10-22-2015, 03:43 PM
More like 3 ... it really happened quite often :lol

Yeah, I was being generous. It's gotta be nerve wracking though at first, wondering if you're going to get a full speed pass to the face, lol...

wildbill2u
10-22-2015, 04:29 PM
Once West 'gets it' about Manu's passes being highly skilled, if sometimes errant or unexpected, he's gonna love it. For a veteran who's got all that experience, the idea that you're gonna get great passes that other players couldn't make, will enhance his game.

spurraider21
10-22-2015, 04:51 PM
manu's been the most impressive spur in preseason

random21
10-22-2015, 07:51 PM

Truth, hoping it continues... That second unit can be better than last years, but the defense will be atrocious

barbacoataco
10-22-2015, 08:07 PM
Truth, hoping it continues... That second unit can be better than last years, but the defense will be atrocious

Not worried about defense of 2nd unit. West is a better defender than advertised, and you have to remember they will often be facing the other team's 2nd unit.

I also think the Spurs will try to have either Leonard or Green on the court most of the time. And it's not like Belinelli was a good defender.

spursistan
10-22-2015, 08:21 PM
the only comforting thing about Parker looking absolutely done is Ginobili outlook on the other hand..If Manu is anywhere near his 2014 form come playoff time, we are going to be fine.It is risky wager, though..

disciple
10-22-2015, 08:47 PM
Get a grip everyone. Do you really think Pop is going show the strengths of his new team in preseason?

Kawhitstorm
10-23-2015, 12:16 AM
He seems to be not willing to take the 1st open shot & would rather move the ball or find a cutter. He kind of has a Bobo like mentality right now.