PDA

View Full Version : Female Condom Latches On To Rapist Penis

Nbadan
09-16-2005, 04:37 PM
http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/afp/20050912/capt.sge.hbw68.120905143553.photo00.photo.default-388x271.jpg

KLEINMOND, South Africa (AFP) - A female condom-like device that latches on to a rapist's penis with fish-tooth-like hooks is stirring controversy in South Africa, where the incidence of sexual assault is high.

Called "Rapex", the latex device inserted in the vagina is the brainchild of South African Sonet Ehlers, who has been thinking about an anti-rape device since 1969, when she met a young rape victim."If you have seen a woman that has been raped, she is alive yet she is dead," Ehlers told AFP from her home in Kleinmond, a holiday town some 120 kilometers (75 miles) east of Cape Town.

"My biggest drive is to help the woman out," says Ehlers, 57, a mother of two daughters.Rapex attaches itself to the shaft of the penis and can only be removed by a surgeon, forcing a rapist to go to a hospital, where the crime would presumably be uncovered.

"He has got to turn himself in at the nearest hospital and then the police will catch him," said Ehlers, who added that the device does not cause any permanent injury to the man's penis.

"This is not a tool to punish men, but a device to empower women," she said

Yahoo News (http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/events/lf/090205antirapecondom)

Since rape is a crime of violence I would think that the violent rapist would get even more violent when he realizes he has been trapped. So if the woman wasn't already going to be killed this might do it.

thoughts?

SpursWoman
09-16-2005, 04:40 PM
Since rape is a crime of violence I would think that the violent rapist would get even more violent when he realizes he has been trapped. So if the woman wasn't already going to be killed this might do it.

thoughts?

I'm inclined to agree. Also, are women supposed to wear these 24/7?

Kori Ellis
09-16-2005, 04:40 PM
I don't understand. How does a girl who is getting raped have the time to put this thing into her vagina?

Marklar MM
09-16-2005, 04:41 PM
Maybe it is like, smooth, and you push a button, and shizamm, it goes Blade on you.

Kori Ellis
09-16-2005, 04:42 PM
Maybe it is like, smooth, and you push a button, and shizamm, it goes Blade on you.

Haha. I was just thinking the same thing. Like some sort of device CatWoman might have.

Nbadan
09-16-2005, 04:42 PM
In Africa where rape is common, I would think some women would wear these devices 24-7.

Medvedenko
09-16-2005, 04:44 PM
It's probably a device you put inside while you are out and in situations that may be compromised. I think it's a great idea.

SpursWoman
09-16-2005, 04:44 PM
In Africa where rape is common, I would think some women would wear these devices 24-7.

Which could complicate "monthly cycle maintenance" and cause infections....and are they free?

Marklar MM
09-16-2005, 04:45 PM
If I was a women in Africa, I would carry a pal with me...his name is Kalashnikov.

Kori Ellis
09-16-2005, 04:45 PM
It's probably a device you put inside while you are out and in situations that may be compromised. I think it's a great idea.

I would think most rapists would kill the girl (like Dan said) if this thing clamped down on their penis. I'm not sure it's such a great idea.

Spurminator
09-16-2005, 04:46 PM
Since rape is a crime of violence I would think that the violent rapist would get even more violent when he realizes he has been trapped.

I would agree, but I also thing the knowledge that they might be out there gives potential rapists something to think about...

Of course, I suppose they could just reach down there first and check.

SpursWoman
09-16-2005, 04:47 PM
I would think most rapists would kill the girl (like Dan said) if this thing clamped down on their penis. I'm not sure it's such a great idea.

Me, neither. I don't think inciting someone that is already committing a violent act against you to even more violence is a good idea.

Medvedenko
09-16-2005, 04:47 PM

It all depends on the initial pain it inflicts. If it give the women enough time to flee or call for help than it's beneficial. Now, if it just clamps on and doesn't hurt then I can see the rapist get more enraged.

Marklar MM
09-16-2005, 04:49 PM
I say they make it a mouse trap.

whottt
09-16-2005, 04:51 PM
How is this going to prove if the woman was actually raped or not?

Oh wait I get it....No woman has ever made a false rape claim or tried to entrap a man...so therefore if the man has one of these on he's guilty.

I actually think it is a good preventative if it hurts...but some one latching one of these onto a guy will in no way constitute proof of guilt...in fact I can see it being used whenever there are issues.

Medvedenko
09-16-2005, 04:51 PM
With cheese or without.....

Medvedenko
09-16-2005, 04:52 PM
Good point Whottt...can't believe I'm saying this....

whottt
09-16-2005, 04:55 PM
If it does hurt...and I am having consensual sex with a woman and she puts one of these on me...there is going to be a huge problem.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-16-2005, 06:37 PM
For once I have to agree with Dan. The rapist is likely to go postal when something that has teeth latches onto his dick (and I don't mean a girl who gives bad head).

spurs=bling
09-16-2005, 07:59 PM
or when you are around Kobe j/k :lol