PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Patricia Becomes Strongest Hurricane In History.

illusioNtEk
10-23-2015, 06:37 AM
Hurricane Patricia Becomes Strongest Hurricane Ever Recorded; Catastrophic Landfall Expected in Mexico Friday

http://www.weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/hurricane-patricia-mexico-coast

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Hurricane-Felix-over-the-coast-of-eastern-Honduras-641x375.jpg

Mexico's Pacific coast is in the crosshairs of Hurricane Patricia, which became the most powerful tropical cyclone ever measured in the Western Hemisphere on Friday morning as its maximum sustained winds reached an unprecedented 200 mph (320 kph).

The hurricane is forecast to make landfall in the Mexican state of Jalisco Friday evening as a catastrophic Category 5 hurricane capable of causing widespread destruction. Residents and authorities in Mexico are rushing to prepare for what will likely be the strongest hurricane to ever make landfall on that country's Pacific coastline.

http://www.weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/hurricane-patricia-mexico-coast

illusioNtEk
10-23-2015, 06:41 AM
Opps! I meant to post this on The Club... can any mod help me move this Thread?

DeRozan m8
10-23-2015, 06:41 AM
HAARP

Fireball
10-23-2015, 06:51 AM
This hurricane will be nothing compared to the ST shitstorm after the Spurs get blown out in OKC next week ...

NameLess Scrub
10-23-2015, 06:52 AM
Thanks for posting.

Very concerned. IIRC, strongest we've gotten is under 160mph, and it blew big roofs away.
I hope everybody has the chance to get to a safe place.

Prayers to the people in Mexico.

Gladney to see you
10-23-2015, 07:10 AM
Every country needs to do everything they can to get those people to as safe a place as possible. This is frigging unreal.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
10-23-2015, 07:12 AM
Thanks for posting.

Very concerned. IIRC, strongest we've gotten is under 160mph, and it blew big roofs away.

Prayers to the people in Mexico.

Strongest Hurricane ever was Camille and it completely destroyed the Gulf Coast. The avg winds were around 155-160 mph but when it hit land it had intensified to 175 mph. I can just imagine what winds at 200 mph would do that is the same as a category F3 tornado but spanning hundreds of miles. I wouldn't be sticking around if I live there.

td4mvp2k
10-23-2015, 07:13 AM
aint got sh*t on muh b*tch Katrina tbh :hat

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
10-23-2015, 07:31 AM
aint got sh*t on muh b*tch Katrina tbh :hat

The only reason Katrina was as devastating as it was was because New Orleans failed to keep up with the Walls protecting the city as they were old and needed repair.

Camille actually created an entire beach front in Biloxi, Gulfport, etc. I know b/c I grew up in Keesler AFB and know about the Gulf Coast history.

There use just be a wall and the ocean. That's how powerful it was. Basically created an entire sand bar along the Gulf Coast.

jermaine
10-23-2015, 08:32 AM
Even with warnings, there will always be a lot of deaths, missing people, etc. Prayers go out.

hater
10-23-2015, 08:37 AM
Hope they are doing mass evacuations. Or they'll be forced to do mass graves tbh

Prayers...

NameLess Scrub
10-23-2015, 08:38 AM
The only reason Katrina was as devastating as it was was because New Orleans failed to keep up with the Walls protecting the city as they were old and needed repair.

Camille actually created an entire beach front in Biloxi, Gulfport, etc. I know b/c I grew up in Keesler AFB and know about the Gulf Coast history.

There use just be a wall and the ocean. That's how powerful it was. Basically created an entire sand bar along the Gulf Coast.

I always thought Katrina was more dangerous due to the rain, as opposed to the winds.

I would get out of there if I could too.

This is without mentioning the recovery process.

InRareForm
10-23-2015, 08:39 AM
I have a friend visiting Puerto Vallarta right now... bad timing...

poop
10-23-2015, 08:41 AM
RENAME IT

HURRICANE TRUMP

BillMc
10-23-2015, 08:54 AM
Even with warnings, there will always be a lot of deaths, missing people, etc. Prayers go out.

Exactly. My hope and prayers for the people in it's path.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
10-23-2015, 09:13 AM
I always thought Katrina was more dangerous due to the rain, as opposed to the winds.

I would get out of there if I could too.

This is without mentioning the recovery process.

Read the story about these rich people that stayed at some posh Hotel in Gulfport. They decided to stay and have a party during Camille. Guess what, Camille completely level the hotel as well as almost every surrounding building and killed I believe everyone in that hotel. Taping up and even boarding up windows isn't going to help these people against 200 mph winds. It will completely level most of these buildings.

SupremeGuy
10-23-2015, 09:14 AM
Hopefully South America steps up and helps out Mexico. We'll see.

K...
10-23-2015, 09:21 AM
aint got sh*t on muh b*tch g Bush tbh :hat

baseline bum
10-23-2015, 09:31 AM
Read the story about these rich people that stayed at some posh Hotel in Gulfport. They decided to stay and have a party during Camille. Guess what, Camille completely level the hotel as well as almost every surrounding building and killed I believe everyone in that hotel. Taping up and even boarding up windows isn't going to help these people against 200 mph winds. It will completely level most of these buildings.

Sounds like it was bs

That infamous Hurricane Camille party on Aug. 17, 1969? It never happened. (http://www.nola.com/hurricane/index.ssf/2014/08/hurricane_camille_party_what_h.html)

By John Pope, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
on August 17, 2014 at 9:23 AM, updated August 17, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Each storm spawns signature stories, generally involving themes such as selfless heroes who perished trying to save others; tearfully reunited families; survivors who hung on for days before being found; priceless family mementos that turned up days later and miles away; and adorable pets plucked from ruins and reunited with their owners.

The dominant Hurricane Camille story in this category involves a hurricane party the night of Aug. 17, 1969, at the Richelieu Manor Apartments in Pass Christian, Miss., where 23 people were said to have perished when the storm obliterated the three-story complex after making landfall the next day.

It's a riveting yarn that was the basis for a made-for-TV movie and an episode of a TV series. When Walter Cronkite was on the Gulf Coast shortly after Camille struck, he paused in front of a concrete slab - all that was left of the complex - and said:

"This is the site of the Richelieu Apartments in Pass Christian, Miss. This is the place where 23 people laughed in the face of death. And where 23 people died."

There's only one problem: There was no party.

The story was repeated - and embellished - for years by Mary Ann Gerlach, a resident of the complex who claimed to be the only survivor.

What saved her, she said, was a sofa cushion that she grabbed as storm waves pushed her through a window of her second-floor apartment, Dan Ellis wrote in "All About Camille."

As she floated, she said, she could see lights on the floor above hers where, she said, the party was on.

H.J. "Ben" Duckworth Jr., another former resident of the complex, has disagreed emphatically for years.

"There was no party," he told Ellis. "We were exhausted from boarding up windows and helping the police move cars. We were too tired to party."

Duckworth said he climbed to the roof of the building and was pulled under water. The force of the rushing water slammed him into a tree, he told Ellis, and he hung on for the next five hours until he was rescued.

"I can't tell you why that story persists, or why people didn't put two and two together," he said. "I guess the hurricane party makes a good story."

The site -- Henderson Avenue at U.S. Highway 90 -- became a shopping center.

Hurricane Katrina destroyed it in 2005.

texas4ever
10-23-2015, 09:37 AM
It's like an F5 tornado 40 miles wide for half a day after landfall. Nothing will be left....AT ALL!

spursfaninla
10-23-2015, 09:38 AM
Sounds like it was bs

That infamous Hurricane Camille party on Aug. 17, 1969? It never happened. (http://www.nola.com/hurricane/index.ssf/2014/08/hurricane_camille_party_what_h.html)

By John Pope, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
on August 17, 2014 at 9:23 AM, updated August 17, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Each storm spawns signature stories, generally involving themes such as selfless heroes who perished trying to save others; tearfully reunited families; survivors who hung on for days before being found; priceless family mementos that turned up days later and miles away; and adorable pets plucked from ruins and reunited with their owners.

The dominant Hurricane Camille story in this category involves a hurricane party the night of Aug. 17, 1969, at the Richelieu Manor Apartments in Pass Christian, Miss., where 23 people were said to have perished when the storm obliterated the three-story complex after making landfall the next day.

It's a riveting yarn that was the basis for a made-for-TV movie and an episode of a TV series. When Walter Cronkite was on the Gulf Coast shortly after Camille struck, he paused in front of a concrete slab - all that was left of the complex - and said:

"This is the site of the Richelieu Apartments in Pass Christian, Miss. This is the place where 23 people laughed in the face of death. And where 23 people died."

There's only one problem: There was no party.

The story was repeated - and embellished - for years by Mary Ann Gerlach, a resident of the complex who claimed to be the only survivor.

What saved her, she said, was a sofa cushion that she grabbed as storm waves pushed her through a window of her second-floor apartment, Dan Ellis wrote in "All About Camille."

As she floated, she said, she could see lights on the floor above hers where, she said, the party was on.

H.J. "Ben" Duckworth Jr., another former resident of the complex, has disagreed emphatically for years.

"There was no party," he told Ellis. "We were exhausted from boarding up windows and helping the police move cars. We were too tired to party."

Duckworth said he climbed to the roof of the building and was pulled under water. The force of the rushing water slammed him into a tree, he told Ellis, and he hung on for the next five hours until he was rescued.

"I can't tell you why that story persists, or why people didn't put two and two together," he said. "I guess the hurricane party makes a good story."

The site -- Henderson Avenue at U.S. Highway 90 -- became a shopping center.

Hurricane Katrina destroyed it in 2005.

Careful. It says the party was bs. The place was leveled and most people that were residents there did die.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
10-23-2015, 09:45 AM
Careful. It says the party was bs. The place was leveled and most people that were residents there did die.

The party at the scale mentioned was probably BS, but no doubt there probably were a few idiots that went downstairs to drink up through the whole ordeal. Katrina has nothing on Camille. It completely leveled buildings like a tornado. Katrina was a bad storm but it stills pale in comparison to Camille which is regarded as the worst hurricane in US History.

TheDoctor
10-23-2015, 10:16 AM

Katrina was devastating because:
1) As you said NOLA didn't maintain and repair the Walls infrarstructure a priori.
2) They underestimated the amount of rain the hurricane would generate and their evacuation plan sucked big ass. They implemented the plan less than a day before Katrina's landfall.
3) The relief effort and response under Bush's administration took forever to get there. I believe Bush was on vacation and it wasn't until like 4 days after that he arrived in New Orleans.

texas4ever
10-23-2015, 10:19 AM
Per Mark Sudduth " Patricia is NOT a 100 mile wide or 60 mile wide EF-5 tornado. I’ve seen people saying this on social media and it’s just wrong. Let me explain…

A hurricane like Patricia is very rare, obviously. One thing we do know because of the recon flights that have provided incredible in-situ data is that the radius of maximum winds (RMW) is very narrow. In fact, the ENTIRE extent of hurricane force winds, 74 mph to 200 mph in this case, is ONLY 30 miles from the eye. This is extremely important because it limits the amount of real estate that will have to deal with those winds. In other words, if you live just 40 miles from the eye, you would hardly notice as the core passed by. Move 20 miles closer to the eye and it’s a terrifying siege of flying debris and flesh-stripping wind. So while it will be awful for those who have to endure the core, it’s not like we’re talking about 100 miles of coastline laid to waste.

Another aspect of the small RMW is the storm surge. Katrina had a storm surge of 28+ feet in some locations due to its enormous RMW – more than 90 miles at one point. The result was a surge of water pushed onshore from Louisiana to Florida. In the case of Patricia, it will be a small area, maybe 10 to 20 miles, that receives a possible catastrophic storm surge. Wind drives the surge and the wind is only 200 mph very close to the eye.

I bring this up because it is important to keep the facts straight and not let the historic moment become clouded with information that is simply incorrect. Patricia is bad enough on its own and for those who remain in its path, today will be one not soon forgotten

That being said, it’s been quite a year for tropical cyclones globally. After several years in a row with few intense hurricanes and typhoons, 2015 has seen a remarkable turnaround. The latest is Patricia, now poised to strike Mexico near Manzanillo later today, and it is about as intense as they come.

There is not much I can say in terms of preparedness actions. Simply put, people in the path of this hurricane need to leave, period. If they haven’t done so already, they need to get moving. "

RD2191
10-23-2015, 10:28 AM
RIP FKLA.

TheGreatYacht
10-23-2015, 11:08 AM
RENAME IT

HURRICANE TRUMP
When you get cancer I hope they name it Kobe

UNT Eagles 2016
10-23-2015, 11:39 AM
Rapid weakening expected before landfall, possibly to a TS

InRareForm
10-23-2015, 11:50 AM
http://mashable.com/2015/10/23/hurricane-patricia-global-warming/

texas4ever
10-23-2015, 12:28 PM
Forecast for Patricia: Manzanillo at dire risk
Satellite loops (http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/floaters/20E/flash-avn-long.html) early Friday afternoon showed that Patricia’s cloud tops had begun to warm, indicating weakening, and with wind shear now a moderate 10 - 20 knots and interaction with land beginning to occur, Patricia will likely weaken to 155 - 175 mph winds by landfall. The storm's expected turn toward the northeast has begun, and the storm is beginning to accelerate toward the coast of the Mexican state of Colima.

At particular risk is the city of Manzaillo, a regional center that straddles the back of a bay spanning several miles. On its current track, it apperas that Patricia could make landfall sometime between 6:00 and 10:00 pm EDT just to the northwest of Manzanillo--a trajectory that raises the odds of a catastrophic storm surge in or near Manzanillo. Patricia’s strongest winds are confined to a relatively small area, with hurricane-force winds only spanning a range of 30 miles from Patricia’s center. Category 5 winds of 156+ mph cover an area 15 miles across. Wherever those winds are focused, we can expect gigantic waves atop a devastating surge. An unnamed 1959 hurricane (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1959_Mexico_hurricane)--the deadliest in Northeast Pacific history, with an estimated 1800 direct and indirect fatalities--struck near Manzanillo on October 27 (see embedded YouTube newsreel footage below). In a Friday afternoon blog post, (http://stormsurge2010.blogspot.com/2015/10/cat-7-hurricane-patricia-threatens.html) storm surge expect Dr. Hal Needham says he expects a storm surge of 16.5 ft (5 m), which will be accompanied by large, destructive waves. This would be the largest storm surge in the modern history of Western Mexico.

After landfall, Patricia will slam into very rugged terrain, triggering torrential rains with the risk of severe flooding and mudslides. The mountainous trek will shred Patricia’s low-level circulation quickly, but the hurricane’s upper-level circulation will proceed quickly northeastward, arriving near South Texas by Sunday. Models suggest that a nontropical or hybrid low-pressure center may develop near the upper-level center at that point. Patricia’s presence will exacerbate a multi-day rain/flood episode already under way across Texas, with widespread 4” - 8” rainfall amounts (http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/qpf/d13_fill.gif?1445617643073) across the eastern half of the state expected between now and Monday. Localized totals well over a foot are quite possible.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-23-2015, 12:34 PM
http://mashable.com/2015/10/23/hurricane-patricia-global-warming/
Super El Niņo, not the mythological "anthro- global warming", caused this storm. There was a similar one like this in 1997 (Linda), only difference is that steering currents at the time caused that one to go out to sea instead of making landfall. It's the luck of the draw, and nature acts (and has always acted) independently of human activity. However, liberals will continue to play the blame game against the oil and coal industries and fight to obtain power for themselves over the people by limiting the availability of resources we can use.

K...
10-23-2015, 01:14 PM
Super El Niņo, not the mythological "anthro- global warming", caused this storm. There was a similar one like this in 1997 (Linda), only difference is that steering currents at the time caused that one to go out to sea instead of making landfall. It's the luck of the draw, and nature acts (and has always acted) independently of human activity. However, liberals will continue to play the blame game against the oil and coal industries and fight to obtain power for themselves over the people by limiting the availability of resources we can use.

Straw man attack.......relatively few people say the hurricane is global warming and most who do repeat the official scientific finding that global warming will increase the prevalence and strength of storms. This is clearly an ell Nino based event but ocean temperature is directly related to storm strength and it is scientific truth that global warming= ocean warming= stronger storms

Aztecfan03
10-23-2015, 01:40 PM
Straw man attack.
He responded directly to someone posting an article talking about if it global warming is part of the cause. No straw man there.

texas4ever
10-23-2015, 01:42 PM
Thats is some unbelievable, but real torquing going on within the core.

For the next 12-16 hrs, its gonna be the scariest place on the Planet.

A moment to fathom what is about to happen is offered.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/floaters/20E/imagery/wv-animated.gif

UNT Eagles 2016
10-23-2015, 01:43 PM
Straw man attack.......relatively few people say the hurricane is global warming and most who do repeat the official scientific finding that global warming will increase the prevalence and strength of storms. This is clearly an ell Nino based event but ocean temperature is directly related to storm strength and it is scientific truth that global warming= ocean warming= stronger storms
But it is not scientific or statistical truth that there is a long-term "global" warming trend, nor is there truth at all that humans would cause such warming in such a "warm" Earth cycle.

Take a look at the SST anomalies for October 2015:

http://www.ospo.noaa.gov/data/sst/anomaly/2015/anomnight.10.22.2015.gif

Notice how warm the equatorial areas are, but the Antarctic is (and has been) much cooler than average. People want to focus on the Arctic sea ice loss when the Antarctic has been consistently gaining ice every year. Stupid propagandists...

TheGreatYacht
10-23-2015, 01:49 PM

K...
10-23-2015, 02:05 PM
Buddy, do you roll you Windows down on a hot day? That's the greenhouse effect. Is space much colder than earth? Why is that, is the greenhouse effect? Do we know what gasses cause that? Are we emmiting more of those gasses? Is there a good reason why emmiting more gasses wouldn't increase global greenhouse effect?

It always struck me as weird that the burden of proof was on scientists when the basic science is so elementary.

Anyway, it was a straw man comment because instead of just saying it's an el Nino event he added anthro climate myth. That's a dangerous belief. Climate denial is fundamentally anti human. It's literally a bet on humans being too dumb to understand grade school science being applied to the real world.

dabom
10-23-2015, 02:06 PM
People don't believe in global warming? :lmao

SpursIndonesia
10-23-2015, 02:07 PM
This damn El Nino (Not ElNono mind you) weather anomaly is causing hurricane in the eastern pacific and severe drought in the western pacific including my country, we haven't had any rain since April, while the rainy season should have already begun by last month, now it's predicted to only start raining in December, if we got lucky.

dabom
10-23-2015, 02:08 PM
The world changes poles every 10k years. The world does have climate change but I do believe we are speeding up that process.

DJR210
10-23-2015, 02:08 PM
OP, what is Time Warner Cable's stance on the situation?

ElNono
10-23-2015, 02:11 PM

Good luck to your primos, make sure to send them some wester union when it's over, tbh...

TheGreatYacht
10-23-2015, 02:19 PM
Good luck to your primos, make sure to send them some wester union when it's over, tbh...
Appreciate the concerns, but luckily I don't have cousins there. Still sucks it's hitting my roots though smh

texas4ever
10-23-2015, 02:22 PM
Unbelievable we are watching history unfold before our eyes here, speaking of eyes the eye of Patricia is doing the wobbling dance and it may be constricting or getting ready to perform an EWRC.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/floaters/20E/imagery/rbtop-animated.gif

texas4ever
10-23-2015, 03:05 PM
Looks like Patricia is strengthening a bit/putting out some very nasty thunderstorms across the coast just before landfall:

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/floaters/20E/imagery/avn-animated.gif

Thoughts to those affected, especially those who were unable to escape/evacuate. The power of this storm is just unreal.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-23-2015, 03:09 PM
Unbelievable we are watching history unfold before our eyes here, speaking of eyes the eye of Patricia is doing the wobbling dance and it may be constricting or getting ready to perform an EWRC.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/floaters/20E/imagery/rbtop-animated.gif
Can't tell if EWRC or pinhole eye like Wilma, if the latter Patricia could strengthen even further prior to landfall in a few hours

UNT Eagles 2016
10-23-2015, 03:11 PM
More relevant to us: here's the rain forecast between landfall today and Tuesday for Texas (in inches):

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-0/p180x540/12033070_870942879687365_2152340244836623600_n.png ?oh=92bdc9a73e6db16bcf755f39144f27cf&oe=568592D6

texas4ever
10-23-2015, 03:30 PM
Can't tell if EWRC or pinhole eye like Wilma, if the latter Patricia could strengthen even further prior to landfall in a few hours

I think you are right. Shrinking eyewall stronger winds. Hurricane Hunters getting ready to go back in. Going to be hitting land right between "La Manzilla" and "Manzillo" areas. Could end up being the strongest storm ever to hit planet earth.

texas4ever
10-23-2015, 03:43 PM
One good piece of news is that it looks like the storm is tracking toward the north currently (may be a wobble). This would cause Patricia to miss the most populated areas near Manzanillo, but would put San Patricio possibly in the eastern eyewall. If it keeps moving northward, it would miss San Patricio to the west and could spare that city total destruction. There's not a lot of population between San Patricio and Puerto Vallarta, so if it makes landfall there, the destruction would be limited to smaller towns. Not good, but not a worst case scenario. It looks like Mananillo make be spared the very worst. Lets hope Patricia keeps moving northward away from the highly populated areas.

InRareForm
10-23-2015, 04:07 PM
The world changes poles every 10k years. The world does have climate change but I do believe we are speeding up that process.

not sure what poles changing have to do with anything? That's just the magnetic poles.

InRareForm
10-23-2015, 04:07 PM
weather channel showing the eye is definitely losing it's eye apperance. good sign but still obvi dangerous.

InRareForm
10-23-2015, 04:27 PM
“When you have a storm over very warm ocean water and optimal conditions, these systems can really ramp up in a hurry, like Patricia,” says Klotzbach. “A garden variety tropical storm one day, and then the next day, a massive Category 5.”

Putting an exact figure on how much climate change influenced Patricia is a bit trickier. Doing so requires sophisticated models that can accurately simulate not only the real world, but what the world would look like without greenhouse gas emissions.

At a workshop convened in Washington, D.C., this week, Tom Knutson at the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration outlined several obstacles to attributing hurricanes to anthropogenic climate change. Data is one major stumbling block: scientists need a lengthy and reliable log of past hurricanes to confidently assess climate change’s impact.

But asking whether climate change caused Patricia specifically is the wrong question, says Elsner. “A better question to ask is, what kind of storm would it have been without climate change?” Perhaps a less extraordinary one.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn28389-did-climate-change-set-the-scene-for-hurricanes-like-patricia/

Perry Mason
10-23-2015, 04:50 PM
Prayers for those who may be affected.

As to the global warming "debate" going on in here (not the right forum btw), the greenhouse effect is obviously real, but the question is whether the absolute tiny fraction of carbon that humans contribute to the atmosphere, which is greatly dwarfed by a single volcano eruption, will cause worldwide cataclysm in the climate. Climate is immensely complex and there are many feedback mechanisms (carbon absorption by water, oceans and plants) that make the Earth different from a greenhouse.

I have no dog in this fight as I only care about the truth. But I do understand logic. So suppose it is "real". Why are humans not allowed to slightly affect the climate? Industrial society has made humanity thousands of times wealthier. It's fine to be aware of environmental externalities caused by industry and try to correct for them, but you have to be extremely cautious due to the billions of lives affected, and you have to be open and transparent in conducting the science.

Many climate scientists don't share their raw data. This is not unusual for many disciplines, which is why you see stuff like this, showing that 50-75% of all scientific studies cannot be reproduced: http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/scientific-research-is-unreliable-unreliable-scientists-report/

Kawhitstorm
10-23-2015, 04:52 PM
Shouldn't y'all Messicans be air lifting out your folks?:rolleyes

Splits
10-23-2015, 04:55 PM
:lol praying
:lol climate change denialists

Kawhitstorm
10-23-2015, 05:45 PM
:lol praying
:lol climate change denialists

Darwin is going to wipe them off the gene pool.

texas4ever
10-23-2015, 05:48 PM
Quoting 30. Patrap:

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/floaters/20E/imagery/ft-animated.gif

the evil vision ends
now it becomes an inland rain maker

Spurs9
10-23-2015, 05:59 PM
Our dirty riverwalk is gonna turn into a large river.

TheDoctor
10-23-2015, 06:28 PM
But it is not scientific or statistical truth that there is a long-term "global" warming trend, nor is there truth at all that humans would cause such warming in such a "warm" Earth cycle.

Notice how warm the equatorial areas are, but the Antarctic is (and has been) much cooler than average. People want to focus on the Arctic sea ice loss when the Antarctic has been consistently gaining ice every year. Stupid propagandists...

Ask the Argentinian members in here how their ice coast/glaciers are melting thanks to higher sea temperatures. Pepito Moreno for example. What you don't get is that global warming also has the effect of cooler Autumns and Winters. Why? Given the increase in ocean temperatures during the Spring and Summer the water being evaporated is unprecedented. And where all that evaporated water ends up? In the atmosphere. And what happens to all that evaporated water in the atmosphere when Autumn and Winter arrives? Either precipitates as rain or snow. What's the effect of that? Stronger than ever floods and blizzards.

So while it is true that during Winter snow is being deposited more than before (because there's more water in the atmosphere), the amount of ice that melts during Spring and Summer is more than is deposited during Winter.

And you talk about the area of Ecuador as if it were a separate system. No. Ocean currents travel around the planet. Warm water in the tropics will stop at the North and South Poles one way or the other. Now, marine scientists are finding more and more tropical water species in high and low latitudes (what were once intolerable waters). There's only one important reason for that. Higher than before ocean temperatures as an effect of global warming.

TheGreatYacht
10-23-2015, 06:53 PM

Kawhitstorm
10-23-2015, 07:12 PM

"Oh that looks gnarly" -stoner white dude

TheDoctor
10-24-2015, 12:24 AM

Damn. The narcos must be having a great time disappearing and throwing corpses away like saying "That was Patricia and those holes you see in his chest? Tree branches did it. Had nothing to do with it".

Sean Cagney
10-24-2015, 12:42 AM

Basically this.....

Pelicans78
10-24-2015, 12:46 AM
Every country needs to do everything they can to get those people to as safe a place as possible. This is frigging unreal.

Trump is gonna want to build an even bigger wall.

Dancelot
10-24-2015, 01:15 AM
This hurricane will be nothing compared to the ST shitstorm after the Spurs get blown out in OKC next week ...
:lmao

Kawhitstorm
10-24-2015, 01:27 AM
Another natural disaster that didn't live up to its hype:nope. As some who lives in SoCal I'm used to it but I guess meteorologist, astrologist, seismologist, climatologist...etc have to to make themselves seem useful to maintain their lavish lifestyle w/ tax payer funded gov't grants.

Biggems
10-24-2015, 01:31 AM
Rita was a bitch too....not because she was as bad as Katrina, but because she was merely piling on. The Gulf Coast was still recovering from Katrina when Rita brought tons of rain and flooding, causing even more damage and severely slowing down relief efforts.

There was one along the Atlantic Coast, that hit the Carolinas that was brutal, but I forget the name.

Sean Cagney
10-24-2015, 01:36 AM
Another natural disaster that didn't live up to it's hype:nope. As some who lives in SoCal I'm used to it but I guess meteorologist, astrologist, seismologist, climatologist...etc have to to make themselves seem useful to maintain their lavish lifestyle w/ tax payer funded gov't grants.

Not living up to the hype is a good thing tough at times man lol, especially if it is hitting your area. Now blizzards they get wrong piss me off, love that shit.

Sean Cagney
10-24-2015, 01:38 AM
Rita was a bitch too....not because she was as bad as Katrina, but because she was merely piling on. The Gulf Coast was still recovering from Katrina when Rita brought tons of rain and flooding, causing even more damage and severely slowing down relief efforts.

There was one along the Atlantic Coast, that hit the Carolinas that was brutal, but I forget the name.Yeah man I was at the beach in NC at the time for a damn vacation and got evacuated...

spurtech09
10-24-2015, 01:58 AM
Praying for Mexico and Texas..... Jesus Christ keep us safe......Hope Pat keeps on getting weak and we don't get that much rain

spurtech09
10-24-2015, 02:00 AM
Thanks for posting.

Prayers to the people in Mexico.amen

Pelicans78
10-24-2015, 07:21 AM

There was one along the Atlantic Coast, that hit the Carolinas that was brutal, but I forget the name.

Hurricane Hugo

Biggems
10-24-2015, 04:32 PM
Hurricane Hugo

yes, that is the one, TY.....But there was also another one sometime around WW1 as well.

~O~
10-24-2015, 11:00 PM

I found it extremely coincidental that stumbled upon this very post while watching a documentary that answers this very post. Rofl.....here you go:

https://youtu.be/pVD0COMnX8w