PDA

View Full Version : I've never seen Star Wars

JudynTX
10-23-2015, 08:05 AM
Better late than never I guess. :lol

So nerds/geeks, what order should I watch them in? There is much debate about that.

mrsmaalox
10-23-2015, 08:45 AM
Judy!! Hi! :)

I'd say just start with the first one. And if you fall asleep several times like I did, its a clear sign not to waste another precious minute on any more of it ;)

DarrinS
10-23-2015, 09:16 AM
Better late than never I guess. :lol

So nerds/geeks, what order should I watch them in? There is much debate about that.

Were you alive in 1977? If so, how did you manage to NOT see Star Wars?

Mitch
10-23-2015, 09:38 AM
If you appreciate special effects, start with 1-3.

Otherwise watch the original trilogy and don't bother with the rrest.

Or just watch the new movie, you probably wouldn't be a fan of the franchise if you avoided it this long and Disney does a good job appealing to new fans.

ChumpDumper
10-23-2015, 10:01 AM
Episode 1 is so awful I think I'd recommend just skipping it altogether and just reading a synopsis -- the final saber battle is really the only memorable scene. Ending it with either ep 6 or ep 3 will be a disappointment because 4 and 5 are so much better than the others.

I recommend starting at 4 from a pure movie watching standpoint. If you make it through 6 and still give a shit, you can slog through some visually stunning but poorly written and directed prequels. Shame is the core story in the prequels is actually not bad; in the hands of someone other than George Lucas they could have been really good movies like ep 5 with Ivan Kershner directing. This does not apply to episode 1. Only a complete rewrite would've saved that dog.

clambake
10-23-2015, 10:20 AM
i've never seen ET

Chinook
10-23-2015, 10:42 AM
Episode 1 is so awful I think I'd recommend just skipping it altogether and just reading a synopsis -- the final saber battle is really the only memorable scene. Ending it with either ep 6 or ep 3 will be a disappointment because 4 and 5 are so much better than the others.

I recommend starting at 4 from a pure movie watching standpoint. If you make it through 6 and still give a shit, you can slog through some visually stunning but poorly written and directed prequels. Shame is the core story in the prequels is actually not bad; in the hands of someone other than George Lucas they could have been really good movies like ep 5 with Ivan Kershner directing. This does not apply to episode 1. Only a complete rewrite would've saved that dog.

Thing is, the first two movies have aged a ton. That whole era of CGI wasn't there yet (Blade II is another example). It looks pretty silly now to watch.

I actually grew up with the new trilogy, though, so I don't hate them like a lot of folks do. I actually don't care too much to the series as a whole -- I think it's pretty corny and that the story isn't all that revolutionary. But the franchise made a pretty big impression on my because I played quite a few of the video games. So I guess I'm a semi-fan.

Incidentally, the new Battle Front seems really disappointing.

ChumpDumper
10-23-2015, 10:58 AM
Thing is, the first two movies have aged a ton. That whole era of CGI wasn't there yet (Blade II is another example). It looks pretty silly now to watch.I guess I'm just comparing them to the original trilogy. I think Lucas' strongest suit are his visuals. The prequels are pretty silly to watch regardless, but the CGI seams aren't distracting like, say, Spawn or Lawnmower Man or floating purple Klingon blood.

There was always something off about every version of Battlefront. Just not as fun as they should be.

baseline bum
10-23-2015, 11:05 AM
i've never seen ET

Me neither

Chinook
10-23-2015, 11:06 AM
I guess I'm just comparing them to the original trilogy. I think Lucas' strongest suit are his visuals. The prequels are pretty silly to watch regardless, but the CGI seams aren't distracting like, say, Spawn or Lawnmower Man or floating purple Klingon blood.

There was always something off about every version of Battlefront. Just not as fun as they should be.

I loved the first one. I foolishly sold it when I moved up to the Xbox 360, and because of it's rarer than hen's teeth, I only have the second. This newest one just feels clunky, in the way all these new games do.

ChumpDumper
10-23-2015, 11:09 AM
i've never seen ET

Me neitherMan, it was a rite of passage as kids to bawl uncontrollably watching that film. It was a big lesson about emotional manipulation.

I guess Pixar has taken up that mantle quite nicely.

JudynTX
10-23-2015, 12:21 PM
Judy!! Hi! :)

I'd say just start with the first one. And if you fall asleep several times like I did, its a clear sign not to waste another precious minute on any more of it ;)

:lol Well thanks for the advice.

Were you alive in 1977? If so, how did you manage to NOT see Star Wars?

I was too busy watching Grease 450 times. :D

That's what I keep hearing. Start with 4.

mrsmaalox
10-23-2015, 12:44 PM
I was too busy watching Grease 450 times. :D

You know every word, don't you? :)

JudynTX
10-23-2015, 01:09 PM
You know every word, don't you? :)

Grease is the word.....the word.....

Xevious
10-23-2015, 01:22 PM
Watch them in the order they were filmed, I say.

TheGreatYacht
10-23-2015, 01:39 PM
6, 1, 5, 2, 4, 3

IMO, TBQH....

SpursforSix
10-23-2015, 01:56 PM
watch 1, 3, then Raiders of the Lost Ark, then 2, then Scarface, then Shawshank Redemption, then the trailer to 6, then 5, then Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead. Then 4.

DJR210
10-23-2015, 02:04 PM
I'm no genius, but I would say watch them in order.

watch 1, 3, then Raiders of the Lost Ark, then 2, then Scarface, then Shawshank Redemption, then the trailer to 6, then 5, then Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead. Then 4.

Beats

SpursforSix
10-23-2015, 02:08 PM

Beats

I assumed the others were implied. But yes..."Beats".

JMarkJohns
10-23-2015, 02:09 PM
A New Hope/Empire Strikes Back

The others aren't worth your time from a film standpoint. They just suck.

If you really must know the first trilogy's conclusion, Return Of The Jedi offers a semblance of fulfillment, betwixt the mess of suckage that it's gift wrapped within. Although, pansy Darth Vader is a huge fucking letdown in Jedi.

Aztecfan03
10-23-2015, 02:36 PM

THere is two different orders. THat in which they were filmed and episode order.
4,5,6,1,2,3 is probably best.

Wild Cobra
10-23-2015, 03:23 PM
Watch them in the order they were filmed, I say.

I agree. 4-5-6-1-2-3.

Don't let episodes 1-3 spoil 4-6.

Texas_Ranger
10-23-2015, 04:15 PM
4 5 2 3 6 and skip 1 cause it's not important.

Spurminator
10-23-2015, 04:30 PM
Honestly, at this point if you've never seen them they will never live up to the hype for you.

So if you decide to watch them, first lower your expectations, then watch them in the order the were released. (And if you don't like the first trilogy, don't bother with the second.)

The Gemini Method
10-23-2015, 04:55 PM
Fuck these nerds...go to the strip club.

Silver&Black
10-23-2015, 05:06 PM
4 5 2 3 6 and skip 1 cause it's not important.

Not a big Jar Jar Binks fan I see.....

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/961/b18/b45/resized/jar-jar-binks-meme-generator-meesa-like-it-847672.jpg

Silver&Black
10-23-2015, 05:06 PM
4, 5 ,6, 1, 2, 3

The Gemini Method
10-23-2015, 05:10 PM
Just kidding: 4,5,6 then go to the titty bar.

illusioNtEk
10-23-2015, 09:42 PM
lol I thought 1 was the best but yea I would do

:bobo

Reck
10-24-2015, 06:04 AM
Alot of people hate episode 1,2 and 3. I dont.

I dont focus on the shitty dialogue and shitty perfomances. If focus on that then you're not going to like it as it is pretty bad. Just tune all that out and enjoy the lightsaber moments.

The originals weren't all that great on the storytelling aspect either so I dont mind the terribleness that is that Hayden guy.

HI-FI
10-24-2015, 06:35 PM
I like Star Wars but I'm more of a Lucas fan. He's made some wonky decisions but the good stuff he made or innovated will live on.

With the prequels Lucas got into Al Davis/Jerry Jones territory where he had too many yes men around him. Despite the PT's issues and flaws I still enjoy them.

my favorites
1. ANH
2. ESB
3. ROTS
4. RotJ
5. TPM
6. AotC

Tbh I'm not that excited about the new trilogy.

DMC
10-24-2015, 10:44 PM
Don't watch Star Wars. It's overrated. You'll ask yourself why you wasted your time unless you're just reupholstering your Ikea chairs.

Kawhitstorm
10-25-2015, 02:56 AM
1RGohIKxc9M

Kawhitstorm
10-25-2015, 03:06 AM
Space 1999 shits on Star Wars just like every British show shits on American programming:

n6AeumXb2Zc

Kawhitstorm
10-25-2015, 03:09 AM
i've never seen ET

ET is cool teenage movie but I refuse to watch Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory.

Star Player
10-25-2015, 08:35 AM
Watch it. A true classic American experience.