PDA

View Full Version : JJ Abrams..

AlexJones
10-24-2015, 09:12 AM
Is it actually possible to go an entire career without making ONE good flick, tbh?

Buddy Mignon
10-24-2015, 09:32 AM
I was hoping you said he died.

this or that?
10-24-2015, 09:43 AM
Many would like to have a career such as his and trade theirs for his.

AlexJones
10-24-2015, 10:16 AM
Many would like to have a career such as his and trade theirs for his.

No shit, but Jew-jew doesn't have a single standout movie, or even a good one for that matter. This fucking clown is supposed to be the savior of Star Wars lol

Ginobilly
10-24-2015, 10:30 AM
No shit, but Jew-jew doesn't have a single standout movie, or even a good one for that matter. This fucking clown is supposed to be the savior of Star Wars lol
This guy ruined Star Trek. I would have like to have seen del toro or peter Jackson's vision of star wars.
You know they would of cast a white lead guy and the movie would of been pg13. I expect a shitty movie, shitty acting, bad cheesy dialogue, but cool special effects, much like ep 1-3. Good redbox rental.

ChumpDumper
10-24-2015, 11:50 AM
Bigots area really protective of their Star Wars.

Wild Cobra
10-24-2015, 11:53 AM
Wow...

What's wrong with you hoods?

He has made some great movies, starting with Regarding Henry.

Do you have a hard time getting past the alternate reality of Start Trek from that villain traveling back in time, and changing the future?

What about the series Alias, Lost, Fringe, and so many others?

Xevious
10-24-2015, 12:40 PM
I have no problems with him as a director, but just the storylines of his Star Trek and Star Wars films. He may have been at the whim of Paramount/Disney, but why rehash the same old storylines/characters? I don't like the Kirk reboot or the continuation of Star Wars with episode 7. Both universes have tons of material to draw on from a lot of different time periods. Do something original.

tlongII
10-24-2015, 02:51 PM
Star Trek was awesome.

vander
10-24-2015, 05:43 PM
IMO he isn't any worse that Nolan or Tarantino or whatever other popular director. people don't fill the theaters for actual good movies so what can you expect?

SpursforSix
10-24-2015, 06:19 PM
IMO he isn't any worse that Nolan or Tarantino or whatever other popular director. people don't fill the theaters for actual good movies so what can you expect?

Terrible take.

ChumpDumper
10-24-2015, 06:21 PM
As long as he cuts down the lens flares, this can't be any worse than the average Lucas Star Wars film.

angrydude
10-24-2015, 06:45 PM
I don't think anyone seriously expects a good star wars movie.

They just want a competent one. Like a Marvel Movie.

vander
10-24-2015, 06:57 PM
bZPl1VEsKzE

Wild Cobra
10-24-2015, 07:04 PM
I have no problems with him as a director, but just the storylines of his Star Trek and Star Wars films. He may have been at the whim of Paramount/Disney, but why rehash the same old storylines/characters? I don't like the Kirk reboot or the continuation of Star Wars with episode 7. Both universes have tons of material to draw on from a lot of different time periods. Do something original.

I agree we didn't need to see another Khan reboot. However, I like what they have done with the new star trek otherwise.

Can't wait for the third.

Reck
10-24-2015, 07:30 PM
I dont mind him at all.

Think he makes better TV shows though.

Ginobilly
10-24-2015, 08:03 PM
Bigots area really protective of their Star Wars.

Nope it's just that black guys shouldn't be leads in white movies. Star Wars is a white guys movie, so Latinos n blacks should be doing the supporting roles. It will be like putting a Mexican dude to play blade, or Leonardo do caprio to play kunta kinte. Just no, epic fail!

ChumpDumper
10-24-2015, 08:06 PM
Nope it's just that black guys shouldn't be leads in white movies. Star Wars is a white guys movie, so Latinos n blacks should be doing the supporting roles. It will be like putting a Mexican dude to play blade, or Leonardo do caprio to play kunta kinte. Just no, epic fail!You don't seem to realize this is the dictionary definition of bigotry, bigot.

Ginobilly
10-24-2015, 08:08 PM
Nolan is probably the worlds best director right now. His resume speaks for itself. Tarantino? I actually think he makes a better actor than director. All his movies are shit except pulp fiction n that Jaime fox movie.

Ginobilly
10-24-2015, 08:32 PM
You don't seem to realize this is the dictionary definition of bigotry, bigot.
You really don't seem to have a life do you ?Are you married chump, any kids? Or is what they say about you true. That your a 50 something year old homosexual who looks like possum and lusts after athletic black men from Austin playing ball.

HI-FI
10-24-2015, 08:36 PM
Nolan is probably the worlds best director right now. His resume speaks for itself. Tarantino? I actually think he makes a better actor than director. All his movies are shit except pulp fiction n that Jaime fox movie.
I don't know about best but maybe the most important imo, just because he's making very ambitious and big movies within the studio structure. I am a big fan though.

You really don't seem to have a life do you ?Are you married chump, any kids? Or is what they say about you true. That your a 50 something year old homosexual who looks like possum and lusts after athletic black men from Austin playing ball.
:lmao damn

ChumpDumper
10-24-2015, 08:36 PM
You really don't seem to have a life do you ?Are you married chump, any kids? Or is what they say about you true. That your a 50 something year old homosexual who looks like possum and lusts after athletic black men from Austin playing ball.Are you this upset just because I called you a bigot for saying bigoted things?

Why would that bug you so much?

Are you married with a bigoted wife and bigoted kids?

Leebrix
10-24-2015, 08:50 PM
Wow...

What's wrong with you hoods?

He has made some great movies, starting with Regarding Henry.

Do you have a hard time getting past the alternate reality of Start Trek from that villain traveling back in time, and changing the future?

What about the series Alias, Lost, Fringe, and so many others?

Thank you

vander
10-24-2015, 08:52 PM

If Memento was told chronologically, would the story have been interesting and plausible to you?

Clipper Nation
10-24-2015, 08:59 PM
Is it actually possible to go an entire career without making ONE good flick, tbh?

M. Night Shamalan pulled it off, tbh.

Ginobilly
10-24-2015, 09:07 PM
Are you this upset just because I called you a bigot for saying bigoted things?

Why would that bug you so much?

Are you married with a bigoted wife and bigoted kids? It doesn't. I just find it funny that you through all this trouble to always defend your internet persona and comments. You threw like the biggest bitch fit on the internet when they exposed your pic. You even went crying to kori. Real men wouldn't do that shit. Only fags and women resort to that. This is why nobody respects you dude here on st.

Clipper Nation
10-24-2015, 09:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Emd2aq1.gif

Clipper Nation
10-24-2015, 09:09 PM
It doesn't. I just find it funny that you through all this trouble to always defend your internet persona and comments. You threw like the biggest bitch fit on the internet when they exposed your pic. You even went crying to kori. Real men wouldn't do that shit. Only fags and women resort to that. This is why nobody respects you dude here on st.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ePQKD9iBfU

ChumpDumper
10-24-2015, 09:15 PM
It doesn't. I just find it funny that you through all this trouble to always defend your internet persona and comments. You threw like the biggest bitch fit on the internet when they exposed your pic. You even went crying to kori. Real men wouldn't do that shit. Only fags and women resort to that. This is why nobody respects you dude here on st.It wasn't my pic, so I said it wasn't my pic.

What does this have to do about your being upset at being a bigot?

^PosterAboveMe=Cuck^
10-24-2015, 09:28 PM
^ Shut the fuck up, hoe. ^

ChumpDumper
10-24-2015, 09:32 PM
^ Shut the fuck up, hoe. ^You changed screen names for that?

LaMarcus Bryant
10-24-2015, 09:40 PM
Star trek was good, part 2 sucked. White British skinny guy as Kahn, smhhhhhhhhhhh

AlexJones
10-24-2015, 10:59 PM
M. Night Shamalan pulled it off, tbh.
Sixth Sense sucked but Unbreakable was the only decent capeshit ever

AlexJones
10-24-2015, 11:00 PM

Nolan and Tarantino had great movies once. Lucas too. Abrams, never.

Wild Cobra
10-25-2015, 12:19 AM
Star trek was good, part 2 sucked. White British skinny guy as Kahn, smhhhhhhhhhhh
I just think...

OMG...

What are the chances of meeting up with Kahn, again!

I don't care that he was skinny. Remember, he was genetically engineered.

Xevious
10-25-2015, 12:25 AM
Nope it's just that black guys shouldn't be leads in white movies. Star Wars is a white guys movie, so Latinos n blacks should be doing the supporting roles. It will be like putting a Mexican dude to play blade, or Leonardo do caprio to play kunta kinte. Just no, epic fail!
That's the dumbest thing I've ever read. You're comparing casting a white dude to play a black slave in a historical drama to a black dude playing a fictitious character in a fantasy universe. They could've had a neon green alien play the same role probably with minimal changes to the script.

Clipper Nation
10-25-2015, 01:58 AM
Nolan and Tarantino had great movies once. Lucas too. Abrams, never.

Also, Lost was one of the most overrated pieces of garbage in the history of television. And his other shows weren't that great either. Abrams just fails on all mediums while somehow managing to get unanimous praise.

AlexJones
10-25-2015, 02:09 AM
Also, Lost was one of the most overrated pieces of garbage in the history of television. And his other shows weren't that great either. Abrams just fails on all mediums while somehow managing to get unanimous praise.

I had to unsubscribe to Red Letter Media when they implied that Abrams should have directed the SW prequels from the start. Jesus fucking Christ.

Aztecfan03
10-25-2015, 02:53 AM

A storyline that hasn't been done before isn't original? And it's obvious he was hired to do a Star Trek reboot and a Star Wars continuation. The continuation is what most people wanted anyways.

Xevious
10-25-2015, 03:22 AM
Original as in not based on established characters. Just my opinion of course.

quentin_compson
10-25-2015, 10:36 AM
"Super 8" was at least a decent movie, I think.