PDA

View Full Version : Manu is still an excellent playmaker and player

Solid D
10-24-2015, 03:11 PM
Whenever the offense seems to get stuck, he still makes such a difference in making good things happen. This should have nothing to do with any other players. Giving props to a person does not lessen anyone else and their abilities. I am just admiring this guy's continued ability within the team concept.

Here's to one of the greats! :toast

RD2191
10-24-2015, 03:13 PM
On that note, fuck Tony Parker.

ElNono
10-24-2015, 03:13 PM
I think he's surprised himself so far... Hall of Famer doing Hall of Famer things...

Hopefully he won't have to go through another grueling December like last season and can be fresh when it matters...

testies
10-24-2015, 03:17 PM
People forget how his QB skills were crucial to us in 2014 run, almost as crucial as Parker's hammy acting up in game 6 vs OKC

DPG21920
10-24-2015, 03:18 PM
I am stunned at how spry he looks. It's like he dipped his legs into the fountain of youth. His ability to lift/jump as he goes to the rim looks amazing and he's still able to use his brain and elite hands to create turnovers on defense.

Like I said in the game thread, I would not be surprised to see LMA/Manu have some spectacular success in their minutes together. Might not get to play a ton together, but if Manu can stay relatively healthy he is going to be very valuable.

Solid D
10-24-2015, 03:21 PM
I am stunned at how spry he looks. It's like he dipped his legs into the fountain of youth. His ability to lift/jump as he goes to the rim looks amazing and he's still able to use his brain and elite hands to create turnovers on defense.

Like I said in the game thread, I would not be surprised to see LMA/Manu have some spectacular success in their minutes together. Might not get to play a ton together, but if Manu can stay relatively healthy he is going to be very valuable.

Maybe he went to the American Sinus Institute during the off-season.

https://i.vimeocdn.com/video/536883307_640.jpg

Robz4000
10-24-2015, 03:22 PM
Yop, the upcoming season just keeps looking better and better.

spurraider21
10-24-2015, 03:27 PM
On that note, fuck Tony Parker.
Rent free...

DPG21920
10-24-2015, 03:30 PM
I'm really hoping Manu can mesh with West. West has talent, but that duo hasn't really looked good together at all. Part of it is West is getting awkward shots and something looks wrong with his shot even when open, but the other part seems to be there is absolutely no chemistry with West and any guards.

weeks
10-24-2015, 03:32 PM
guys, i really want to see a vintage manu dunk this year, but damn it's risky

SAGirl
10-24-2015, 06:01 PM
Whenever the offense seems to get stuck, he still makes such a difference in making good things happen. This should have nothing to do with any other players. Giving props to a person does not lessen anyone else and their abilities. I am just admiring this guy's continued ability within the team concept.

Here's to one of the greats! :toast
:flag:

Mikeanaro
10-24-2015, 06:06 PM
Looks rejuvenated, hope he keeps it that way.

DarrinS
10-24-2015, 06:58 PM
He still has great court vision and dishes out some sick passes. Probably the most entertaining player to ever wear the silver and black. Uno mas, por favor.

Raven
10-24-2015, 07:10 PM
top 10 of all time player doing top 3 of all time things.

SPURt
10-24-2015, 07:30 PM
I'm still having a ginogasm off that no look to Timmy!

Canyonero
10-24-2015, 07:54 PM
Goat player doing goat things.

Phenomanul
10-24-2015, 08:37 PM
Anyone make a gif of the sick no-look to Duncan?

Phenomanul
10-24-2015, 08:39 PM
n/v found it...

http://i.imgbox.com/0GdHvxcK.gif

Sean Cagney
10-24-2015, 09:01 PM
People forget how his QB skills were crucial to us in 2014 run, almost as crucial as Parker's hammy acting up in game 6 vs OKC

He was excellent in that 2014 title run, especially in the finals to atone for the year before when he said he let the team down. He was also awesome with that three against OKC, huge.

Russo21
10-24-2015, 09:10 PM
So happy that Manu came back. I hope he plays well, is happy and comes back for another run next year also. Keep the family together as long as possible. They all seem to enjoy each others company.

spurs10
10-24-2015, 09:44 PM

Here's to one of the greats! :toast:bobo

DenialTwist
10-25-2015, 02:16 AM
Manu is such a clever passer. He is always on the lookout for other teammates & makes plays for them effortlessly. He doesn't force shots as much as Parker, that's for sure. The only thing I am worried about are the turnovers but I think the reason he made those is because of how many minutes he played last season. He looked physically exhausted. This season will be better. I'll never forget the back to back triple overtime games against Memphis and Portland plus the Lakers game. A lot of people were mad at him.

Kawhitstorm
10-25-2015, 02:28 AM
No shits, Sherlock.:sleep

boutons_deux
10-25-2015, 08:20 AM
He said he's feeling great, and his game shows it.

100%duncan
10-25-2015, 08:40 AM
:worthy:

DarrinS
10-25-2015, 09:21 AM
lol how can u clowns forgive and forget them 8 turnovers?

exstatic
10-25-2015, 09:42 AM

Leetonidas
10-25-2015, 10:56 AM
He really does look good. He looked great last season until the injuries happened and he and Tim were forced to step in and play big mins. As long as Pop can manage his mins through the season and he isn't forced to play a lot of minutes for a month or more he should be good for the postseason. We really needed that last season tbh

spursistan
10-25-2015, 11:51 AM
Hope he doesn't get fancy with his body and economize a bit of his competitiveness"..in Rockets game, he got near hit in groin with a barging player trying to take a an offensive charge..Pop immediately took him out :lol..On top of feeling healthy, i think Manu is recharged mentally..that extra-month of rest did a lot of good for him and TD..i think the decision to come back may have not been a easy had we dragged ourselves to six o 7 game loss to the Warriors in conference Final in the first week of June....

Spur|n|Austin
10-25-2015, 11:58 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDa5dpHzvTY

clown.

ElNono
10-25-2015, 01:09 PM
Heard HEB has one of those recyclable bags with the image of Manu dunking on Bosh? Is it true?

jsandiego
10-25-2015, 03:13 PM
Same way you forgave Dirk for shooting 39% in the 2006 Finals because of 2011. Then take your one title, and multiple it by the four more that Manu's helped deliver.

Spurtacular
10-25-2015, 04:46 PM
Manu's freshness greatly affects his play. It's why he was terrible in the Clips series and looking good in the preseason. I think that Pop knows this better than ever now.

ElNono
10-25-2015, 05:13 PM
Manu's freshness greatly affects his play. It's why he was terrible in the Clips series and looking good in the preseason. I think that Pop knows this better than ever now.

He wasn't terrible in the Clips series. Not stellar, but far from terrible.

wildbill2u
10-25-2015, 05:31 PM
I noticed he was really hustling on defense the other night. He's one of those players who will give his maximum effort on every play. Since he can't dial it back--not in Manu's nature--Pop will have to do it by limiting minutes and we'll all pray Manu doesn't get injured by diving for a loose ball or taking a charge.

ElNono
10-25-2015, 05:42 PM
He's bound to get bruised and miss some time... just gotta be fresh when the end of the season comes...

Last season that December schedule really wrecked Manu and the team in general... I think this season there's no such stretch and we have better depth to deal with that, even if not that experienced.

Spurtacular
10-25-2015, 07:47 PM
He wasn't terrible in the Clips series. Not stellar, but far from terrible.

He shot 36 percent, made costly turnovers and looked very run down. He was a negative value. I say this as a life long Ginobili fan who wanted him to return. I think that the December/January stretch that he carried the team much of the time wore him down; and I think Manu was playing with a cracked leg bone. Again, if he is better managed this season, I think he'll have a lot to offer in the big games.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
10-26-2015, 07:24 AM
He really does look good. He looked great last season until the injuries happened and he and Tim were forced to step in and play big mins. As long as Pop can manage his mins through the season and he isn't forced to play a lot of minutes for a month or more he should be good for the postseason. We really needed that last season tbh

Exactly. That is why it is good the Spurs retained Butler so that Manu can be rested for the Playoffs even if the injury bugs does hit the Spurs any time this season at the SF position. Having Beli and Kawhi out for extended times last year just killed Manu down the stretch as he had nothing left come playoff time.

Macca76
10-26-2015, 08:40 AM
No shits, Sherlock.:sleep

Everyday you bring the word douchebag to a whole new level

TheDoctor
10-26-2015, 09:41 AM
Manu knows and understand the system so well that finding open guys or doing no-look passes is second nature to him.

kaji157
10-26-2015, 12:01 PM
I noticed he was really hustling on defense the other night. He's one of those players who will give his maximum effort on every play. Since he can't dial it back--not in Manu's nature--Pop will have to do it by limiting minutes and we'll all pray Manu doesn't get injured by diving for a loose ball or taking a charge.

Clearly it was his competitive self acting there. He played a couple of very good defensive posesions against Harden.

I think last year he was a little down thinking that the team didnīt really need him, then came December and he went all out to keep the ship afloat, thinking he wonīt be needed when Parker and Leonard got back. There is a reason that during december he played great, evendoe he played nearly 35 mins a game, he felt needed.

It seems to me that with Parker decline already a reality he has figured out, that he is not a piece of history that played for the audience only, he has realised that if he doesnīt play well the team doesnīt stand a chance. Because Parker is not going to provide what he though he was.

Kawhitstorm
10-26-2015, 12:09 PM
Everyday you bring the word douchebag to a whole new level

I speak nothing but the truth, the whole truth. I'm sorry that truth hurt but DEAL W/ IT!:baby

silverblackfan
10-26-2015, 12:17 PM
Manu knows and understand the system so well that finding open guys or doing no-look passes is second nature to him.
I would go a step further and say that Manu architected some of the new quick passing system. Pop surely has learned a ton from watching the guys just play ball.

BillMc
10-26-2015, 12:56 PM
I would go a step further and say that Manu architected some of the new quick passing system. Pop surely has learned a ton from watching the guys just play ball.

+1. No doubt Manu is an innovator. Someone really needs to convince him to go into coaching when the career is over.

Doesn't sound like he will though.

el contusione
10-26-2015, 01:02 PM
:worthy:MANU IS GOD

BillMc
10-26-2015, 01:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDa5dpHzvTY

I could watch this for hours. :lol

SequSpur
10-26-2015, 02:18 PM
No he is not....

scramby eggs
10-26-2015, 02:34 PM
If nothing else his ability to consistently run the pick n roll with the second team makes him a very valuable piece of the championship run this year.

Macca76
10-26-2015, 02:53 PM
I could watch this for hours. :lol
The smile on TD's face is priceless :lol

BillMc
10-26-2015, 04:55 PM
The smile on TD's face is priceless :lol

Agreed! Show's they're real friends. :flag:

Hemotivo
10-26-2015, 05:27 PM
No he is not....

:sequ