PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Do you consider James Harden to be a top seven player?

Spurtacular
10-25-2015, 09:53 PM
Pretty much since the day he was drafted, I've considered Harden to be a top fifty player in the league. But I think his value is otherwise over-stated; and I don't consider Mr. MVP candidate to be a top seven player. I think his defense is not that good. He often stifles ball movement. And I don't think he often plays big in big games, particularly down the stretch. Though, Spurs fans might remind me of 2012. But remember he was pretty much an x-factor; a third option; and he stepped up in that capacity and not as 'the man.'

TheGreatYacht
10-25-2015, 10:17 PM
Yes. Carried that Rockets team to a top seed in the West and actually had good numbers in the playoffs. Fuck him though

10-25-2015, 10:41 PM
Yes. Carried that Rockets team to a top seed in the West and actually had good numbers in the playoffs. Fuck him though

Spurtacular
10-25-2015, 10:43 PM

That's a fair argument. I think there's a difference between winning in the regular season and postseason though. And I think it's an anomaly that the Rockets happened to advance to a conference finals last season.

TheGreatYacht
10-25-2015, 10:51 PM
That's a fair argument. I think there's a difference between winning in the regular season and postseason though. And I think it's an anomaly that the Rockets happened to advance to a conference finals last season.
Definitely got lucky CP3 was injured for the series, but still, he managed to outplay MVGriffin. For some reason people don't shit on Curry's defense as much as they do Hardens...

TheGreatYacht
10-25-2015, 10:53 PM
This was terrible :lol

http://youtu.be/Yu6G-yx9jAo

Spurtacular
10-25-2015, 11:18 PM
Definitely got lucky CP3 was injured for the series, but still, he managed to outplay MVGriffin. For some reason people don't shit on Curry's defense as much as they do Hardens...

Harden is always ISO dribbling while Curry plays within an offensive framework.

To me, this minimizes the defensive argument.

Fabbs
10-26-2015, 01:33 AM
Dating a Kardashian proves extremely diminished mental capacity which can, and will affect basketball court performance.

Biernutz
10-26-2015, 02:07 AM
Harden is in a downward spiral now....Look what Chloe did to Lamar....:perv:

djohn2oo8
10-26-2015, 07:44 AM

Well, getting the 2nd seed is what allowed them to be able to advance.

Koolaid_Man
10-26-2015, 07:59 AM
Not a fan of Harden because he's not working hard...he comes across as fundamentally lazy...13 turnovers in a deciding playoff game is totally unacceptable. Dude is focused on all the wrong things....Harden and Dwight are nothing more than Tmac / Yao part 2...

That being said he's better than anyone on the Spurs that's for sure...I do hope the Rockets beat the Spurs...but Harden and Dwight both come off as class clowns..until they get serious and respect their craft I'm not sure bout them cats...they just wanna bang bitches and whores and have fun...whereas Pop instilling discipline in his players...just my two sense

Koolaid_Man
10-26-2015, 08:05 AM
Harden is always ISO dribbling while Curry plays within an offensive framework.

To me, this minimizes the defensive argument.

Hardens problem is he wants to be the man..like Durant and Westbrook....will he give up the ball and let Ty Lawson facilitate the offense or will he stop the ball movement with his Iso play...the difference between a Harden and a Prime Kobe is Kobe's explosiveness and shooting...Harden can't do what a prime Kobe could do so he needs to keep the ball moving.....13 turnovers in a playoff game is totally wack...now that he got 200 million from Adidas I don't think he's focused enough to perform for the title..Harden is a party dude

hater
10-26-2015, 10:07 AM
He is trash. Not even top 10 imo.

apalisoc_9
10-26-2015, 11:19 AM
of course he is...

Splits
10-26-2015, 11:24 AM
He's no Jimmer.

Dex
10-26-2015, 11:34 AM
Production-wise...he is probably a top 10 regular season player. Obviously a great shooter and gifted passer...but doesn't change the fact that like 30% of his production comes off of his ridiculous flops and subsequent trips to the free throw line.

Last post-season was a perfect example of what happens when that dries up in the playoffs, as teams start avoiding the foul and refs start swallowing their whistles. Harden then is reduced to a very good player, but one who also is trying to force things and compensate for what he is perceives to be a lack of calls.

Personally, I hate his style of play and the effect it is having on the league, and this is coming from someone who has been rooting for Manu Ginobili for over a decade.

StrengthAndHonor
10-26-2015, 11:39 AM
This season? No he's not.

LeBron
KD
AD
Westbrook
S. Curry
P. George
LMA/Chris Paul/Griffin
John Wall

Koolaid_Man
10-26-2015, 11:48 AM

LeBron
KD
AD
Westbrook
S. Curry
P. George
LMA/Chris Paul/Griffin
John Wall

Black beard is better than P. GEORGE , LMA, and CP3..I dont have an issue with the others ahead of him

ElNono
10-26-2015, 11:52 AM
Only have Lebron, Curry, KD and *maybe* AD over him... so, yes...

baseline bum
10-26-2015, 11:55 AM

I'd change it to LeBron and Davis for sure, and maybe Curry, Durant, Westbrook over Harden. So anywhere from #3 to #6 for me.

Koolaid_Man
10-26-2015, 11:56 AM

That's cuz you've never played on any level....John Wall and Blake 5x the players Harden is...

Koolaid_Man
10-26-2015, 11:58 AM
I'd change it to LeBron and Davis for sure, and maybe Curry, Durant, Westbrook over Harden. So anywhere from #3 to #6 for me.

This isn't a popularity contest dipshit....Harden is top 10 not top 7 or 8

baseline bum
10-26-2015, 12:21 PM
This isn't a popularity contest dipshit....Harden is top 10 not top 7 or 8

Nigga won 56 games in the west with Howard missing half the season and Terrence Jones most of the season. Laker fan has no leg to stand on when they were calling Kobe top 3 in 2013 when he led his team to barely making the playoffs with similar injuries for his teammates.

Koolaid_Man
10-26-2015, 12:28 PM
Nigga won 56 games in the west with Howard missing half the season and Terrence Jones most of the season. Laker fan has no leg to stand on when they were calling Kobe top 3 in 2013 when he led his team to barely making the playoffs with similar injuries for his teammates.

So he's a good regular season player but CONSTANTLY flames when it counts....the Rockets played good team but they don't have a leader. All of the players I have ahead of Harden are proven leaders / winners...and none of them would flame out with 13 turnovers in the deciding game to lose the series...

right now Kobe is a top 12 player

ElNono
10-26-2015, 12:29 PM
That's cuz you've never played on any level....John Wall and Blake 5x the players Harden is...

shut up faggot, good luck in the lottery tho

ElNono
10-26-2015, 12:30 PM

Yeah, and I can't put Westbrook over him on shot selection alone... not that Harden doesn't take tough shots, but he makes a ton of them, where RW can clank you out of games entirely...

Mitch
10-26-2015, 12:38 PM
Top five season performer, probably. Wouldn't put him in the top seven playoff performers.

Koolaid_Man
10-26-2015, 12:38 PM
Yeah, and I can't put Westbrook over him on shot selection alone... not that Harden doesn't take tough shots, but he makes a ton of them, where RW can clank you out of games entirely...

^ Its a dam shame I' m forced to read dumbass asinine opinions like this...it's just sad tbh...miss the days where knowledgeable fans posted

HarlemHeat37
10-26-2015, 12:40 PM

LeBron
KD
AD
Westbrook
S. Curry
P. George
LMA/Chris Paul/Griffin
John Wall
Wow, this is a painful list to look at, tbh:lol

:lmao Wall, George and Aldridge aren't even in the same universe as Harden..

Koolaid_Man
10-26-2015, 12:40 PM
Top five season performer, probably. Wouldn't put him in the top seven playoff performers.

He breaks down after 3 qrts...and when forced to defend...or when you tell his mama to suck your dick....:lol @ Matt Barnes

Koolaid_Man
10-26-2015, 12:41 PM
Wow, this is a painful list to look at, tbh:lol

Harden can't fuck with John Wall tbh

HarlemHeat37
10-26-2015, 12:43 PM
Harden can't fuck with John Wall tbh

:lol a guard that can't consistently shoot from past 5 feet and needed a 40-year old Pierce to carry his team in the playoffs..

Koolaid_Man
10-26-2015, 12:49 PM
:lol a guard that can't consistently shoot from past 5 feet and needed a 40-year old Pierce to carry his team in the playoffs..

Wall got hurt..

Wall is a facilitator / scorer Ala Westbrook....Harden is good but he's a turnover prone chucker..nothing more. ..Harden also doesn't make anyone better....

Kawhitstorm
10-26-2015, 01:13 PM
The issue w/ Harden is that he plays for a shitty coach that doesn't hold anyone accountable & lack creativity. Their whole offense is predicated on him pounding the air out of the ball & then making something out of nothing. Things become difficult when defenses can game plan for it but they have no counter thus he tries o force the issue & take bad shots or turns the ball over.

-We all saw what happened to Durant in 2013 when he had to carry the team without Westbrook/Harden while playing for another shitty coach
-Westbook/MVP KD had to be rescued by Reggie Jackson against the Grizzles in 2014
-Kobe shot the Lakers out of the series in the 2004 Finals
-Rose struggled against Miami in his MVP season
-Melo has shot 40% plenty of times in the postseason so has Iverson
-LeBron shot 39% and committed a bunch of turnovers against the Bulls despite playing w/ Kyrie. He also shot 39% against the same Warriors team that Harden faced.

Put Harden on the Hawks & he would be averaging a cool 25/10 while shooting 45%+. It would give him the same luxury as Curry to not carry the entire offense. On the other hand, put Curry on the Rockets & dude would be turning the ball over a an equivalent rate while struggling to get clean looks at the basket with the entire defense focusing on him.

Harden has been the most coldblooded closer in the regular season meanwhile guys like John Wall don't even take the shots in crunch time.

ElNono
10-26-2015, 04:11 PM
^ Its a dam shame I' m forced to read dumbass asinine opinions like this...it's just sad tbh...miss the days where knowledgeable fans posted

shut the fuck up, go cry to luva

Koolaid_Man
10-26-2015, 05:52 PM
shut the fuck up, go cry to luva

El homo strikes again

ElNono
10-26-2015, 06:09 PM
:cry miss the days where knowledgeable fans posted :cry

:lol why don't you tell Medvedenko to do some highlights on your hair?

Spurtacular
10-26-2015, 10:08 PM
Well, getting the 2nd seed is what allowed them to be able to advance.

I think a worn out (by the Spurs) Clippers team choking is what allowed them to advance, tbh.

Spurtacular
10-26-2015, 10:09 PM
Hardens problem is he wants to be the man..like Durant and Westbrook....will he give up the ball and let Ty Lawson facilitate the offense or will he stop the ball movement with his Iso play...the difference between a Harden and a Prime Kobe is Kobe's explosiveness and shooting...Harden can't do what a prime Kobe could do so he needs to keep the ball moving.....13 turnovers in a playoff game is totally wack...now that he got 200 million from Adidas I don't think he's focused enough to perform for the title..Harden is a party dude

Would you give up the ball for Ty freaking Lawson? Nonetheless, I do think Harden stifles team ball in many ways.

SAGirl
10-27-2015, 01:01 AM
Pretty much this. Don't like his game at all, but he is the one star in that team. Dwight missed most of the season, and is a headcase. Take him out of that team and they are lottery bound.

apalisoc_9
10-27-2015, 01:08 AM
Wow...Some people axtually think he's not top 7? :lol

Clipper Nation
10-27-2015, 01:22 AM
:lol why don't you tell Medvedenko to do some highlights on your hair?
:lmao

Robz4000
10-27-2015, 03:02 AM

Mitch

koriwhat
10-27-2015, 09:06 AM
Just my two sense... lmao!

RsxPiimp
11-18-2015, 10:02 PM
Nope

StrengthAndHonor
01-01-2016, 12:42 PM

SMH...:lmao

Raven
01-01-2016, 12:46 PM
hm. no

ElNono
01-01-2016, 01:09 PM
I can't remember a player in his prime with such a gigantic drop off season over season, tbh...

Don't know why media isn't killing him for it either

Kawhitstorm
01-01-2016, 01:57 PM
I can't remember a player in his prime with such a gigantic drop off season over season, tbh...

Don't know why media isn't killing him for it either

LeBron hasn't been too hot either but he's past his prime:lol. Vince Carter is the last player that fell flat on his face during his prime following a great season ala Harden.