PDA

View Full Version : Rank The Best NFL QB's Under 30

spurraider21
10-26-2015, 09:45 AM
the mid 2000's-2010's saw arguably the golden age of NFL quarterbacking. Brady, Manning, Brees, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, Romo and even some memorable years with Favre, along with some 2nd tier QB's like Flacco, Ryan, Eli, Palmer, McNabb, Hasselbeck, Schaub and some other names I'm probably missing.

But what do all these QB's have in common? They're 30 or older. Yep, even Flacco and Ryan. Now, we've seen QB's play well into their late 30's with great success, so it's not like these guys are done or over the hill (among the active ones, outisde of Peyton Manning). But when looking at the future of the position, I don't think we're going to see a continuation of this so-called golden era.

QB's under 30 (just going to put them alphabetically, I'll let you guys do the rankings)

Blake Bortles
Sam Bradford
Teddy Bridgewater
Derek Carr
Andy Dalton
Nick FOles
Colin Kaepernick
Andrew Luck
Marcus Mariota
Cam Newton
Matt Stafford
Ryan Tannehill
Tyrod Taylor
Russell Wilson
Jameis Winston

Those are all the starters in the league under 30. Rank them as you wish.

Clipper Nation
10-26-2015, 10:22 AM
1. Andrew Luck

HUGE GAP

14. Cum Newton
15. Struggle Wilson

SpursforSix
10-26-2015, 11:21 AM
the mid 2000's-2010's saw arguably the golden age of NFL quarterbacking. Brady, Manning, Brees, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, Romo and even some memorable years with Favre, along with some 2nd tier QB's like Flacco, Ryan, Eli, Palmer, McNabb, Hasselbeck, Schaub and some other names I'm probably missing.

But what do all these QB's have in common? They're 30 or older. Yep, even Flacco and Ryan. Now, we've seen QB's play well into their late 30's with great success, so it's not like these guys are done or over the hill (among the active ones, outisde of Peyton Manning). But when looking at the future of the position, I don't think we're going to see a continuation of this so-called golden era.

QB's under 30 (just going to put them alphabetically, I'll let you guys do the rankings)

Blake Bortles
Sam Bradford
Teddy Bridgewater
Derek Carr
Andy Dalton
Nick FOles
Colin Kaepernick
Andrew Luck
Marcus Mariota
Cam Newton
Matt Stafford
Ryan Tannehill
Tyrod Taylor
Russell Wilson
Jameis Winston

Those are all the starters in the league under 30. Rank them as you wish.

1. Andrew Luck
2. Andy Dalton
3. Matt Stafford
Huge Gap
4-14
Huge Gap
15. Russel Wilson

Avante
10-26-2015, 11:35 AM
Russell Wilson...best passer rating, most successful. Who else could run that offense?
Andrew Luck
Cam Newton
Andy Dalton
Matthew Stafford
Teddy Bridgewater
Derek Carr
Ryan Tannehill
Nick Foles
Colin Kaepernick
Sam Bradford

the rest are who has the next great game.

SuperCam
10-26-2015, 11:52 AM
Tier 1: Newton, Luck
Tier 2: Wilson, Dalton, Carr, Tannehill
Tier 3: Bridgewater, Foles, Stafford, Taylor
Tier 4: Kaepernick, Bradford, Mariota, Winston

spurraider21
10-26-2015, 01:28 PM
Outside of a fluke 2011, Stafford has basically been cutler minus athleticism. At this point he's been around long enough for us to say "he is what he is" which is pretty average. Some still rank him high based solely on that one awesome year he had.

I'd take cam over dalton until dalton extends his current play into big games. My gut says dalton has turned a corner but I'm gna have to see it

1 - Luck
2 - Wilson
3 - Cam
4 - Dalton
5 - Carr (based on this year alone, could be above any of these guys, but sample size not there yet)
6 - Tannehill
7 - Tyrod Taylor
8 - Teddy Bridgewater
9 - Matt Stafford
10 - Sam Bradford
11 - Nick Foles
12 - Jameis Winston (shown legitimate improvement)
13 - Colin Kaep
14 - Mariota

FkLA
10-26-2015, 01:40 PM
made this thread because carr fits into this U30 category :lol

spurraider21
10-26-2015, 02:01 PM
nearly half the starters in the NFL fit in the U30 category. try again

i legit think its glaring how mediocre the U30 crop is compared to the old guard

SpursforSix
10-26-2015, 02:06 PM
nearly half the starters in the NFL fit in the U30 category. try again

i legit think its glaring how mediocre the U30 crop is compared to the old guard

Probably just going to get worse. These "new" offenses the colleges are running do very little to prepare a QB for the pro game.

spurraider21
10-26-2015, 02:07 PM
made this thread because carr fits into this U30 category :lol
:lol mad manziel isn't even on the list
:lol couldn't beat out hoyer in year 1 or mccown in year 2

FkLA
10-26-2015, 02:12 PM
lol why'd you reply twice?

spurraider21
10-26-2015, 02:31 PM
lol why are you in this thread if you can't add to the discussion

Raven
10-26-2015, 03:29 PM
what's the criteria?

spurraider21
10-26-2015, 03:51 PM
what's the criteria?
your own criteria. personally, i balanced the "now" with the potential. wanted some kind of a happy medium. a guy like stafford who's been around for a decently long time... there's really no upside left, so i couldnt rank him too high. and for a winston/mariota... the unknown was too much for me to rank high

Raven
10-26-2015, 04:17 PM
your own criteria. personally, i balanced the "now" with the potential. wanted some kind of a happy medium. a guy like stafford who's been around for a decently long time... there's really no upside left, so i couldnt rank him too high. and for a winston/mariota... the unknown was too much for me to rank high

if you count potential in, then imo:
luck
stafford
foles
carr
dalton
tannehil

everyone else is scrub level with 0 potential

spurraider21
10-26-2015, 04:44 PM
your fascination with Foles and Glennon is really odd :lol

and why is stafford ranked so high based on potential? he's in his 7th season and calvin is no longer a superhuman. how much improvement do you think the guy's gonna make?

Raven
10-26-2015, 05:31 PM
your fascination with Foles and Glennon is really odd :lol

and why is stafford ranked so high based on potential? he's in his 7th season and calvin is no longer a superhuman. how much improvement do you think the guy's gonna make?

he needs a good offensive line and a good coach, the guy can make every throw. He is not a game manager or a monkeyballer or a combination of the two, so that makes him a guy with potential, likely to last more seasons than the others even if they are younger.

spurraider21
10-26-2015, 05:40 PM
he needs a good offensive line and a good coach, the guy can make every throw. He is not a game manager or a monkeyballer or a combination of the two, so that makes him a guy with potential, likely to last more seasons than the others even if they are younger.
yeah well neither is jay cutler

Avante
10-26-2015, 05:44 PM
Right this minute, Russell Wilson has a career passing rating of....98.3. Nobody on that list comes close to that, go ahead check it out.

Andrew Luck 85.5
Cam Newton 84.8
Matthew Stafford 83.9

pgardn
10-26-2015, 05:52 PM
1. Luck

2. Wilson

The rest are highly variable.

Raven
10-26-2015, 06:05 PM
yeah well neither is jay cutler

so? not having those qualities doesn't make you a good talent, having them, makes you a bad talent. if or not guys like stafford and cutler have great careers and develop to be great depend mostly on them, while guys like wilson do not depend on themselves.

spurraider21
10-26-2015, 06:09 PM
so? not having those qualities doesn't make you a good talent, having them, makes you a bad talent. if or not guys like stafford and cutler have great careers and develop to be great depend mostly on them, while guys like wilson do not depend on themselves.
what i mean is fitting the description of "not a monkeyballer or game manager" doesn't mean you're a good player. especially for somebody who's in his 7th year in the league like stafford. what upside does he have left? we've seen what he is, and he's average even while having an all-time great receiver in his prime and playing in a dome

Kawhi
10-26-2015, 06:32 PM
Dalton #1

Raven
10-26-2015, 06:36 PM
what i mean is fitting the description of "not a monkeyballer or game manager" doesn't mean you're a good player. especially for somebody who's in his 7th year in the league like stafford. what upside does he have left? we've seen what he is, and he's average even while having an all-time great receiver in his prime and playing in a dome

well playing behing a good offensive line would be interesting. And having one great weapon is not really much when everybody else is shit and you never had a running game to speak of. His upside is his arm, it's as simple as that, he is a qb after all. Plus the thing is, there is really little talent at the position, and none of the under 30 qbs can really become the next brady or peyton. They could become the next eli or flacco maybe, but it is what it is..

spurraider21
10-26-2015, 06:43 PM
its a ridiculous simplification to say arm strength is the only measure of a qb's potential/upside, and even then you have to be reaslitic about it. does ryan mallet has the upside to be better than drew brees? is it a realistic scenario?

sure stafford has a strong arm, but he's an erratic passer who developed his entire reputation because of one strong statistical year. do you realistically see him improving much from this point?

Raven
10-26-2015, 06:54 PM
its a ridiculous simplification to say arm strength is the only measure of a qb's potential/upside, and even then you have to be reaslitic about it. does ryan mallet has the upside to be better than drew brees? is it a realistic scenario?

sure stafford has a strong arm, but he's an erratic passer who developed his entire reputation because of one strong statistical year. do you realistically see him improving much from this point?

Why do you always feel the need to generalise and take things out of context? How in the world does "stafford has potential because he has arm strength" become "arm strength is the only measure for qb potential"? And yes, I see him improving a lot, when he'll have a decent coach and an offensive line of course.

spurraider21
10-26-2015, 07:00 PM
because the only justification you've given for stafford is his arm. how is he any different than cutler. what does he have that, say, mettenberger, savage, mallet dont.

because he's not accurate, not a good decision maker, and not really athletic. nor does he have great intangibles or anything like that

Holden_Caulfield
10-26-2015, 07:05 PM
1. Carr

2. Luck, Bortles

3. Dalton, Wilson, Mariota

4. Everyone else

Raven
10-26-2015, 08:57 PM
because the only justification you've given for stafford is his arm. how is he any different than cutler. what does he have that, say, mettenberger, savage, mallet dont.

because he's not accurate, not a good decision maker, and not really athletic. nor does he have great intangibles or anything like that

not being really athletic is a trait. being a good decision maker and being accurate is directly proportional to the amount of time the qb gets. I mean, you don't need to go far to see the perfect example, your beloved Palmer is the perfect example.

spurraider21
10-26-2015, 09:01 PM
not being athletic is a poor trait. while many great qb's aren't great athletes, whats the harm in being a good athlete like ben, rodgers, luck?

some qb's are better than others at making decisions in duress. some qb's have the ability to get rid of the ball sooner (its why elite qb's tend to murder the blitz), others hold the ball and need to see a guy get open before they release.

stafford has good mechanics and a quick release, but he's slow to make up his mind.

Raven
10-26-2015, 10:09 PM
not being athletic is a poor trait. while many great qb's aren't great athletes, whats the harm in being a good athlete like ben, rodgers, luck?

some qb's are better than others at making decisions in duress. some qb's have the ability to get rid of the ball sooner (its why elite qb's tend to murder the blitz), others hold the ball and need to see a guy get open before they release.

stafford has good mechanics and a quick release, but he's slow to make up his mind.

...and a cannon of an arm. And those 3 qualities are really what makes a good qb, the rest is what makes him great

spurraider21
10-26-2015, 10:10 PM
except stafford isn't great. so nothing "makes him great"

besides, arm/mechanics/release are nothing if you dont make sound decisions, read defenses, and anticipate coverages

Raven
10-26-2015, 10:14 PM
except stafford isn't great. so nothing "makes him great"

besides, arm/mechanics/release are nothing if you dont make sound decisions, read defenses, and anticipate coverages

we were speaking about potential. If you have those 3 and those that you mentioned last, you are a hall of famer. Of course there are different levels of the latter qualities, but they also depend on experience and a good scheme.

spurraider21
10-26-2015, 10:15 PM
we were speaking about potential. If you have those 3 and those that you mentioned last, you are a hall of famer. Of course there are different levels of the latter qualities, but they also depend on experience and a good scheme.
i think potential goes out the door after 5-6 years as a full time starter. at that point (and possibly earlier) you are who you are. stafford hasn't shown an ounce of improvement for like 4 years now

same reason why people stopped talking about jamarcus russell's "upside" after 2 years

Holden_Caulfield
10-26-2015, 10:24 PM
Is someone really arguing for Stafford?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/not-sure-if-serious-or-just-trolling.jpg

Raven
10-26-2015, 10:25 PM
i think potential goes out the door after 5-6 years as a full time starter. at that point (and possibly earlier) you are who you are. stafford hasn't shown an ounce of improvement for like 4 years now

same reason why people stopped talking about jamarcus russell's "upside" after 2 years

hm, that's some comparison :lol:lol:lol exactly what did he have ?

spurraider21
10-26-2015, 10:26 PM
hm, that's some comparison :lol:lol:lol exactly what did he have ?
not comparing the 2 as quarterbacks. just talking about how there is a point where you stop talking about somebody's "potential" or "upside" because he's been around long enough

spurraider21
10-26-2015, 10:27 PM
Is someone really arguing for Stafford?
its raven's shtick to jerk off to any pedestrian white pocket qb

he also loves glennon and foles

Raven
10-26-2015, 10:31 PM
not comparing the 2 as quarterbacks. just talking about how there is a point where you stop talking about somebody's "potential" or "upside" because he's been around long enough

Well the way i see it, if you don't have arm strength, mechanics and a quick release, then you do not have potential. You cannot work on the more advanced technicalities, when you do not have the basis. You'd be surprised, how many starting qbs are average to bad in the basis.

spurraider21
10-26-2015, 10:35 PM
those are obviously positive attributes, dont get me wrong :lol... and if you have 2 similar qb's and one has the bigger arm, he certainly has a higher ceiling

i'm just saying that after a certain amount of time, the "upside" talk becomes irrelevant for each player. look at the peyton/leaf thing. leaf obviously had a higher ceiling and more upside coming out. but its not like 5 years after the draft people were saying Leaf > Peyton because of the arm strength and upside

Raven
10-26-2015, 11:58 PM
those are obviously positive attributes, dont get me wrong :lol... and if you have 2 similar qb's and one has the bigger arm, he certainly has a higher ceiling

i'm just saying that after a certain amount of time, the "upside" talk becomes irrelevant for each player. look at the peyton/leaf thing. leaf obviously had a higher ceiling and more upside coming out. but its not like 5 years after the draft people were saying Leaf > Peyton because of the arm strength and upside

again, that is your opinion, just like you thought jamarcus russell had a high ceiling. Perhaps you even thought rgknee had a high ceiling.. And what I'm saying, is that there is not that much upside to the young qbs, so stafford still ranks pretty high.

spurraider21
10-27-2015, 12:03 AM
lol its not "my opinion".... you said stafford has a high ceiling due mostly to his arm. similarly, guys like russell were considered high upside guys because of their big arms.

my opinion in all this is that we've seen the best of stafford. he's been in the league long enough to make that determination. he's an average QB who had an above average ceiling which he never realized

talk about "upside, ceiling, potential" are more relevant when a qb is younger, still developing and improving. not for vets

Raven
10-27-2015, 12:14 AM
lol its not "my opinion".... you said stafford has a high ceiling due mostly to his arm. similarly, guys like russell were considered high upside guys because of their big arms.

my opinion in all this is that we've seen the best of stafford. he's been in the league long enough to make that determination. he's an average QB who had an above average ceiling which he never realized

talk about "upside, ceiling, potential" are more relevant when a qb is younger, still developing and improving. not for vets
then i guess you'd trade palmer just like your team did at the time. and no, i don't believe we've seen the best of stafford. and also no at the first statement, you're going all dumb generalization again...

spurraider21
10-27-2015, 12:36 AM
i wasn't a fan of trading for palmer when we did, but i especially wasn't a fan of trading him away. they fucked up twice on that one

the difference is, palmer has been an above average QB and was playing well for the raiders

stafford is an average qb who hasn't played well in about 3 years

Clipper Nation
10-27-2015, 01:04 AM
Tier 1: Newton
:lmao

Avante
01-04-2016, 05:10 PM
Like I said....Russell Wilson.

NFL record...4000/34/500....in the same season.
9th playoff game.
Most reg season wins in history in 4 seasons.

Avante
01-04-2016, 05:11 PM
:lmao

Just how far gone is this guy?

spurraider21
01-04-2016, 06:09 PM
Revised List:

Tier 1: Franchise QB's
Luck - gets benefit of the doubt after a disastrous/injury filled season
Wilson - closing the gap after putting up a career year with Lynch being a non-factor
Newton - still can be inconsistent from the pocket, following a great throw with an easy miss, but have to respect the year he's had. impressive in 4th quarters and probably the league's best goal line weapon

Tier 2 - Need another year of sustained good play to join tier 1
Dalton - unexpectedly solid year, though come playoff time he might be same old Dalton
Carr - 2nd half of the season nowhere near as good as his first half, but still overall a strong showing in his 2nd year
Bortles - still too interception prone for my liking, but makes a ton of big plays, carrying the jags at times this year. surprisingly good 2nd year, might warrant that #3 overall pick

Tier 3 - May have something here... guys who aren't bad enough to let go of
Jameis Winston - he and mariota outdid what i expected of them. looks like a true NFL qb who looks good throwing from the pocket. rebounded from his disastrous week 1
Matt Stafford - turned in a surprisingly efficient season, but he's not going to recapture that 2011 magic. we've seen the best of him already
Tyrod Taylor - VERY sheltered by the offense/coaches, but he did his job well. moved chains, ran well, throws a great deep ball, very efficient
Ryan Tannehill - failed to meet expectations, but with Jarvis Landry and Devante Parker he should put up solid numbers for a while. hopefully he gets a good offensive coach like Hue Jackson
Marcus Mariota - i thought he'd be a disaster, but he held his own. some still overrate him because of the week 1 game where he threw a lot of short passes that ended up becoming long YAC touchdowns. he needs a coach that will work with him, like harbaugh did for Kaep
Teddy Bridgewater - i'm tempted to put him in tier 4, but i think he has a future like alex smith did. Smith was barely hanging around in his first 5-6 years, constantly being switched from starter to backup until finally catching on

Tier 4: teams need to move on
Sam Bradford - i was a believer but it didn't work out... though Chip was running an offense that didn't fit his skill set.
Colin Kaepernick - his only chance of success is with a HC who will specifically tailor an offense to his skill set... i think he's a good backup though
Nick Foles - just a very talentless player who had a fluke/mirage good season a few years ago, but people need to move on. he was benched for case keenum

Tier 5: :lmao
Johnny Manziel - :lmao

Raven
01-04-2016, 06:56 PM
^lol

Ditty
01-04-2016, 07:24 PM
Kirk Cousins? Should be in tier 2 with the stats he put up this year.

spurraider21
01-04-2016, 07:35 PM
yeah, kirk cousins should be tier 2. i merely went off the QB's i listed in the OP way back when, before cousins was even considered relevant

Ditty
01-04-2016, 07:49 PM
yeah, kirk cousins should be tier 2. i merely went off the QB's i listed in the OP way back when, before cousins was even considered relevant

Thanks bro! Redskins and Raiders are two upcoming teams going back to their old ways. NFL is much better when both teams are good :toast

spurraider21
01-04-2016, 08:56 PM
^lol
:lmao foles
:lmao glennon
:lmao stafford

Avante
01-04-2016, 09:15 PM
Right now the pro bowlers are...

Tom Brady
Carson Palmer
Aaron Rodgers
Big Ben

then

Russell Wilson
Cam Newton

The only QB in the league under 30 who has won a SB....Russell Wilson.

spurraider21
10-06-2016, 06:06 AM
gonna keep this one alive quarter way through the season... just establishing tiers without specific rankings/orders (and only talking about current starters under 30)

Tier 1: Franchise QB's - Doesn't mean elite QB's, just that these squad's won't be in the QB market for 5+ years

Luck, Wilson, Newton, Carr, Dalton - Carr and Dalton move up to this tier based on what we've seen.

Tier 2: Guys doing well for themselves

Kirk Cousins, Carson Wentz, Dak Prescott, Matt Stafford - it's very early for wentz and dak... but the returns are too good to have them any lower. Stafford had a rough outing against Chicago but otherwise has been surprisingly solid. you could argue stafford fits the description for tier 1... i'd probably have him and cousins in tier 1.5

Tier 3 - Doing well enough to hang around, but needsto show more

Jameis Winston, Sam Bradford, Tyrod Taylor, Blake Bortles, Trevor Siemian - Bradford has played better than anybody here, but he's going to have to sustain it to overcome his track record. Winston has had some disaster games, but was up against the Cards and Broncos secondaries, and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt after an unexpectedly solid rookie season. Had a tough time placing Siemian, but his limited experience, low pedigree, and essentially perfect situation means its too early to have him higher after a 3 game sample size

Tier 4 - QB on really thin ice... on pace to fall out of favor sooner rather than later

Marcus Mariota, Ryan Tannehill - i get that it's early for mariota, but he's looked awful and borderline incompetent

Tier 5 - Team needs a replacement/answer ASAP. Abandon ship.

Case Keenum, Blaine Gabbert - Keenum hasn't been disastrous, but he's barely been squeaking by and it's painfully clear he has no shot at being a long term answer

spurraider21
10-24-2016, 01:11 AM
Raven your boy stafford lighting it up tbh...

Avante
10-24-2016, 11:23 AM
Last night we saw some historical comparsions for Russell Wilson. I really don't think most are aware of just how amazing his career has been so far, he really has had the best first five seasons we have ever seen from any QB ever if we take everything into account.

But it's BEAST MODE...hahaha~~~ As we can see...bullshit~~~

Wilson has so many...."in history"....it's ridiculous.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-24-2016, 02:54 PM
Raven (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=35860) your boy stafford lighting it up tbh...

Norman's injury ruined that game. And cousins scored too damn early.

Clipper Nation
10-24-2016, 03:01 PM
Using spurraider's tier system:

Tier 1: Andrew Luck

Tier 2: Kirk Cousins, Carson Wentz, Matt Stafford

Tier 3: Jameis Winston, Dak Prescott, Tyrod Taylor, Derek Carr, Andy Dalton

Tier 4: Blake Bortles, Sam Bradford, Trevor Siemian, Marcus Mariota

Tier 5: Russell "Struggle" Wilson, Cam "Scam" Newton, Case Keenum, Colin Kaepernick, Ryan Tannehill

Avante
10-24-2016, 03:10 PM
Using spurraider's tier system:

Tier 1: Andrew Luck

Tier 2: Kirk Cousins, Carson Wentz, Matt Stafford

Tier 3: Jameis Winston, Dak Prescott, Tyrod Taylor, Derek Carr, Andy Dalton

Tier 4: Blake Bortles, Sam Bradford, Trevor Siemian, Marcus Mariota

Tier 5: Russell "Struggle" Wilson, Cam "Scam" Newton, Case Keenum, Colin Kaepernick, Ryan Tannehill

Who on that list has won a SB....Russell Wilson
Only QB in history to have two 100 QB ranking in first two seasons...Russell Wilson
Who on that list has played in two SB...Russell Wilson
Who on that list has had a 110.1 QB ranking to lead the NFL....Russell Wilson
Who has won the most games...Russell Wilson
Who has won the most playoff games....Russell Wilson
Who has had more 4th quarter comebacks...Russell Wilson
Who has won a playoff game in all his seasons...Russell Wilson
Pro bowl MVP...Russell Wilson

Who is talked about with the old legends....Russell Wilson (as we saw last night)

Dude, do ya just not get it?

Raven
10-24-2016, 03:58 PM
Raven (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=35860) your boy stafford lighting it up tbh...

wouldn't really call him my boy.. their team is fairly shitty tbh, i don't expect much

Raven
10-24-2016, 03:58 PM
how the fuck is braford still under 30..

Avante
10-24-2016, 04:33 PM
The only under 30 QB to walk right in and by his second season was winning a SB...Russell Wilson.

The winningest QB in his first 5 seasons in history......Russell Wilson.

SB winner/Pro Bowl MVP/Lead the NFL 110.1 QB rating.....Russell Wilson

HarlemHeat37
10-24-2016, 04:52 PM
Interesting stat: Russell Wilson has never finished higher than 18th in pass attempts in a season:lol

Also, Russell Wilson has played with a RB that finished in the top 5 in rushing yards in 3 of his 4 NFL seasons, heading into this year:wow..highest % of any QB in league history..

Wilson has played with a top 5 defense(statistically) in every single season of his career, which is the highest % of any QB in NFL history, too..

I hope we get to see him in a role where he has to carry a team, one day, tbh..a lot of potential, I'd love to see how he would perform in that role..

SpursforSix
10-24-2016, 04:55 PM
The only under 30 QB to walk right in and by his second season was winning a SB...Russell Wilson.

The winningest QB in his first 5 seasons in history......Russell Wilson.

SB winner/Pro Bowl MVP/Lead the NFL 110.1 QB rating.....Russell Wilson

Flash in the pan. Like so many qb that rely on their legs. He's not even the Tony Parker of the NFL.

Clipper Nation
10-24-2016, 05:58 PM
Interesting stat: Russell Wilson has never finished higher than 18th in pass attempts in a season:lol

Also, Russell Wilson has played with a RB that finished in the top 5 in rushing yards in 3 of his 4 NFL seasons, heading into this year:wow..highest % of any QB in league history..

Wilson has played with a top 5 defense(statistically) in every single season of his career, which is the highest % of any QB in NFL history, too..

I hope we get to see him in a role where he has to carry a team, one day, tbh..a lot of potential, I'd love to see how he would perform in that role..
:lmao Wow. And his nutlickers would have you believe that Seattle's defense and running game win because of Struggle - not the other way around.

Avante
10-24-2016, 06:14 PM

Who was that Browns QB when Jim Brown was ruling the NFL, ever heard of Frank Ryan? And didn't HOF QB's...

John Unitas have HOFers Ray Berry, John Mackey, Lenny Moore.
Barst Starr...NINE..HOFers.
Terry Bradshaw...NINE...HOFers
Bob Griese...Larry Csonka, The Killer B's
Tom Brady...Bill Belichick
Jim Kelly...Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, a great D.
Joe Montana/Steve Young....Jerry Rice
Troy Aikman...Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin
Dan Marino...the Marks Brothers, Tony Nathan
Peyton Manning....Edgerrin James, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne
Dan Fouts...Chuck Muncie, Kellon Winslow, Charlie Joiner, John Jefferson, Wes Chandler
Joe Namath...Don Maynard, Matt Snell, Emerson Boozer
Kenny Stabler...Fred Biletnikoff, Cliff Branch, Dave Casper
Otto Graham...Marion Motley, Dante Levilli, Mac Speedie
Fran Tarkenton...The Purple People Eaters

What great QB wan't surrounded by talent? What GREAT receivers has RW had?

Russell Wilson is the best young QB I've seen and I've seen them all since the early 60's.

Who is this HOF QB that was surrounded by a shit team and it was all on him, well?

Raven
10-24-2016, 06:59 PM
gtfo struggle has fucking jimmy graham :lol

chunticakes
10-24-2016, 08:52 PM
gtfo struggle has fucking jimmy graham :lol

And Doug Baldwin. Best slot WR in the league.

Not to mention the best coaching staff this side of Belichick.

It's not a knock on Wilson at all. He's been blessed with talent around him and has taken advantage of it. He's an elite game manager. Best ever I would even say.

Avante
10-25-2016, 01:00 AM
I can see it now....

If we were here in the 60's.

What if he didn't have Ray Berry the best receiver, Lenny Moore the best receiving RB and the great John Mackey at TE, he'd suck.

Talking Johnny Unitas. All of those guys in the HOF.

Russell Wilson walked right in and took off, how could anyone who folows football not get this guys greatness?

I challenge anyone to find any QB with a more impressive video than this one. And he's not throwing to Julio Jones, THE GRONK, Antonio Brown, Jerry Rice, Randy Moss..............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiAMbIdO6RM

Sometimes I wonder about you people. Here's a guy who set an NCAA passing efficency record his last season at Wisconsin, then set an NFL record for QB ratings, had more wins than anyone in history and by year 4 he'd already played in two SB's. And he has a ton of "historical" numbers. WAKE UP~~~~~~~~

Floyd Pacquiao
10-26-2016, 08:26 PM
I'd take Dak over any qb under 30. Seriously, dude is a seriously intelligent young man. He stays in the pocket, reads the defense and doesn't make much mistakes. He doesn't go deep but his intermediate passing game is really good.

spurraider21
10-26-2016, 08:45 PM
:lol there's no argument for Dak over Luck, Wilson, Newton, or even Carr... at least not yet

Floyd Pacquiao
10-26-2016, 08:56 PM

Dak is already superior to a player like Derek Carr IMHO

spurraider21
10-26-2016, 08:58 PM
brilliant analysis tbh

SpursforSix
10-26-2016, 10:33 PM
:lol there's no argument for Dak over Luck, Wilson, Newton, or even Carr... at least not yet

Board conservatives always say that.

Holden_Caulfield
10-27-2016, 03:44 AM
dak for bortles straight up

Avante
10-27-2016, 10:58 AM
Prescott simply has...IT. Hopefully we don't start seeing him selling every damn thing in commercials, I don't like to see that for young players, being a celeb doesn't help things.

Clipper Nation
10-27-2016, 11:06 AM
I'd take Dak over any qb under 30. Seriously, dude is a seriously intelligent young man. He stays in the pocket, reads the defense and doesn't make much mistakes. He doesn't go deep but his intermediate passing game is really good.
:lol Cowboys fans jizzing up a storm over the first few games of a gimmick QB. Sounds a lot like Niners fans, Seahawks fans, Redskins fans and Panthers fans a few years ago.

Dak isn't even the best rookie QB in his own division this year. Wentz is a lot better than him. He's also not the best quarterback on his own team's roster. Romochoke still is when he's healthy.

Clipper Nation
10-27-2016, 11:08 AM
Prescott simply has...IT.
Slowwwww dowwnnnnn, rookie~~~~~~it's only, WEEK....8....hahahahaha!!!!

UNT Eagles 2016
10-27-2016, 11:10 AM
dak for bortles straight up

I wouldn't do that trade even if you threw all the jags' 2017 draft picks in.

Avante
10-27-2016, 11:37 AM
Slowwwww dowwnnnnn, rookie~~~~~~it's only, WEEK....8....hahahahaha!!!!

Dude, ya notice how I don't....HE'S GREAT~~~~ MVP MVP MVP...YIPPPEEEEEEEEE DAK PRESCOTT~~~~~~~

I keep it cool, I don't get all carried away like a rookie like you. OBVIOUSLY...the kid as...IT. And that's all he has right now, ok rookie?

spurraider21
10-30-2016, 04:24 PM
Dak is already superior to a player like Derek Carr IMHO
disgusting take... you need the old yeller treatment

HarlemHeat37
10-30-2016, 04:29 PM
1. Coon Newton
2. Andrew Luck
3. Derek Carr
4. Russell Wilson
5. Matt Stafford

Chris
10-30-2016, 04:58 PM
1. Coon Newton
2. Andrew Luck
3. Derek Carr
4. Russell Wilson
5. Matt Stafford

Can't argue with this list. Maybe swap Wilson with Stafford imo

Avante
11-08-2016, 01:19 AM
If he can stay healthy with that shit offensive line, by the end of this season there will no longer be any debate about who the best young QB is....Russell Wilson~~~~~~~~~~~~

chunticakes
11-08-2016, 02:23 AM
HE'S GREAT~~~~ MVP MVP MVP...YIPPPEEEEEEEEE RUSSELL WILSON~~~~~~~

Avante
11-08-2016, 02:31 AM
HE'S GREAT~~~~ MVP MVP MVP...YIPPPEEEEEEEEE RUSSELL WILSON~~~~~~~

All anyone ever has to do is take a few minutes (like I have) and Google all the great QB's and see how they did at the same stage of their career. It's all right there staring at us. Nobody has done it better if we're talking...

starts
wins
QB rating
playoff success
TD/INT
rushing

...combined. Russell Wilson the best 4 years and 8 games QB we have seen.

And the guy has never sat on a bench, never missed a game.

spurraider21
11-08-2016, 02:37 AM
The Luck rebound is real

Tier 1 - Luck, Cam, Carr, Wilson, Stafford (in no particular order, though I'd probably have Luck #1)

Prescott in tier 2 due to sample size

Avante
11-08-2016, 02:40 AM
The Luck rebound is real, he's #1 on this list.

Compare what I just listed, see what ya find.

spurraider21
11-08-2016, 02:45 AM
- number of starts dont concern me unless you're talking about having a big enough sample size. i'd care more about passing attempts or attempts/game than just a number of starts

- wins are important but also need to be in context of team situation. unfair to compare luck to wilson based on wins, when seattle has a great roster and indy is largely trash

- ditto for playoff success

- qb rating is a decent stat, like PER for basketball, but it's also largely useless without context. wilson has a high qb rating because he's effiicent. but his volume is lacking, only 7 TD's halfway through the season

- TD/INT is decent, but again needs context. if a QB throws for 70 yards on a drive but then team punches in a 1 yard rushing TD vs a team rushing for 70 yards and then the qb dumps off a 1 yard TD, those obviously unequal situations score equally in a dry ratio

we know you cherry pick particular things wilson scores well in and just repeat them

Avante
11-08-2016, 02:51 AM
- number of starts dont concern me unless you're talking about having a big enough sample size. i'd care more about passing attempts or attempts/game than just a number of starts

- wins are important but also need to be in context of team situation. unfair to compare luck to wilson based on wins, when seattle has a great roster and indy is largely trash

- ditto for playoff success

- qb rating is a decent stat, like PER for basketball, but it's also largely useless without context. wilson has a high qb rating because he's effiicent. but his volume is lacking, only 7 TD's halfway through the season

- TD/INT is decent, but again needs context. if a QB throws for 70 yards on a drive but then team punches in a 1 yard rushing TD vs a team rushing for 70 yards and then the qb dumps off a 1 yard TD, those obviously unequal situations score equally in a dry ratio

we know you cherry pick particular things wilson scores well in and just repeat them

Ya mean...

wins games
never misses a game
throws thee times more TD's than INT's
NFL record....4000/30/500
NFL record...QB rating first two seasons
led the NFL in 2015 with a 110.1 QB rating
Yards rushing
Comp %

...boy that's some cherry picking, sheesh~~~

This..he must play on a shit team,...is ridiculous. How many HOF QB's played on shit teams?

As of right now (Career) Luck has a QB rating of 86.2, RW at 100.5.

spurraider21
11-08-2016, 02:58 AM
yeah, you just repeat yourself over and over again. games played, wins, qb rating, td/int ratio. again and again.

Robz4000
11-08-2016, 04:51 AM
Wilson shouldn't be in anyone's tier one tbh, especially after failing to score a TD in nearly a month.

Avante
11-08-2016, 11:47 AM
yeah, you just repeat yourself over and over again. games played, wins, qb rating, td/int ratio. again and again.

Well when ya talk about what makes a successful band, how many ways can ya say....record sales? When ya talk great RB's, how many ways can ya say....yards gained?

When ya talk great QB's, what base doesn't RW cover? And what QB was at his best before 30? And what other QB had a more impressive first 5 seasons than RW, well?

spurraider21
11-08-2016, 12:00 PM
Wilson shouldn't be in anyone's tier one tbh, especially after failing to score a TD in nearly a month.
I'll take a 4 year stretch over a 3 week stretch where he was virtually unable to move

Avante
11-08-2016, 12:04 PM

Give me the name of any QB, not just under 30, who had a better first 4 seasons and 8 weeks than RW, who?

Last night he had a 137 QB rating. And as we all know he plays better in the second half of the season.

Avante
11-08-2016, 01:28 PM
The best numbers that Tom Brady put up before 28.

comp %...63.9, RW....68.1
yards....3764, RW...4024
TD/INT...28/12, RW...34/7
QB rating....92.6, RW...110.1

I'll ignore rushing, ha~~~~~

When you compare players, you go with at the same stage of a career, ok?

Avante
11-09-2016, 01:06 PM
Cowherd just said this.....

What's hurting Jared Goff is Dak Prescott. Wentz is hot and cold, Paxton Lynch is sitting, Mariota is just so so, Winston is struggling, Andrew Luck is losing.

Notice where he's going there, notice who he didn't mention?

Avante
01-09-2017, 04:55 AM
Under 30 QB with most playoff wins?

Russell Wilson

Highest QB rating?

Russell Wilson

Best TD/INT ratio?

Russell Wilson

Most wins in a career?

Russell Wilson

Best combo of passing and rushing?

Russell Wilson