PDA

View Full Version : WTF is the crazy w/ people's obession w/ sitcoms nowadays

Kawhitstorm
10-26-2015, 01:41 PM
I haven't followed a sitcom since Seinfeld but even then I don't remember folks being over the top obsessed w/ sitcoms. Yeah it more accessible but jebuzz it's fucking annoying that all people want to talk about if the new flavor of the month show. IDGAF, watch it for your own enjoyment but I have no interest in discussing a FICTIONAL story/character that has no impact on my life whatsoever. Same shyt w/ movies even though it's an age old story, watch it & KIM but mothafuckas wanna grab dinner & discuss the story-lines but don't know squat about current events that actually impacts their life..WTF!

I follow sports to kill time when I'm not at the gym or outdoors (I don't drink/smoke..no drug either) not to escape reality & sports is actually not fictional but actually something I could relate to as someone who grew up playing organized sports. Mothafuckas out there obsessing over some fictional story line (Game of Thrones) that has no parallel w/ their life history. Go fuckin' read a nonfiction book or a science journal then we can discuss otherwise watch it & KIM.

SpursforSix
10-26-2015, 01:43 PM
I haven't followed a sitcom since Seinfeld but even then I don't remember folks being over the top obsessed w/ sitcoms. Yeah it more accessible but jebuzz it's fucking annoying that all people want to talk about if the new flavor of the month show. IDGAF, watch it for your own enjoyment but I have no interest in discussing a FICTIONAL story/character that has no impact on my life whatsoever. Same shyt w/ movies even though it's an age old story, watch it & KIM but mothafuckas wanna grab dinner & discuss the story-lines but don't know squat about current events that actually impacts their life..WTF!

I follow sports to kill time when I'm not at the gym or outdoors (I don't drink/smoke..no drug either) not to escape reality & sports is actually not fictional but actually something I could relate to as someone who grew up playing organized sports. Mothafuckas out there obsessing over some fictional story line (Game of Thrones) that has no parallel w/ their life history. Go fuckin' read a nonfiction book or a science journal then we can discuss otherwise watch it & KIM.

what the fuck are you talking about? I can't think of any sitcoms receiving much attention today.

Spurminator
10-26-2015, 01:48 PM
A Game of Thrones sitcom would be interesting, but it doesn't exist yet.

I. Hustle
10-26-2015, 01:50 PM
what the fuck are you talking about? I can't think of any sitcoms receiving much attention today.

He's practicing for his new Seinfeld style sitcom.

His next thread will be something like "What's with all the guys with beards? Have you seen this? Have you heard of this?"

SpursforSix
10-26-2015, 02:01 PM

His next thread will be something like "What's with all the guys with beards? Have you seen this? Have you heard of this?"

and what's with vaping? have you seen these people? are they smoking? are they vaping? what if someone vaped a cigarette?

Kawhitstorm
10-26-2015, 02:24 PM

and what's with vaping? have you seen these people? are they smoking? are they vaping? what if someone vaped a cigarette?

Y'all caught my drift.....just dumb shyt after dumb shyt after dumb shyt people waste their times on then turn around & cry "life is too short" "YOLO". If life was so great then you would be bored to death to partake in those activities or have the need to escape from reality by binging. A person who uses their time efficiently need not live past retirement age to experience everything mother nature has to offer. You can escape reality when you are locked up in a coffin.

I. Hustle
10-26-2015, 02:49 PM

All I hear is vaping vaping vaping. What is vaping? Is it virtual raping? Is Cosby in on this? Can you get it in pudding pop flavor? C'MOOOOONNNNN

SpursforSix
10-26-2015, 02:52 PM
All I hear is vaping vaping vaping. What is vaping? Is it virtual raping? Is Cosby in on this? Can you get it in pudding pop flavor? C'MOOOOONNNNN

ah...better...

pgardn
10-26-2015, 05:56 PM
Sitcoms have been a staple for TV audiences for a very long time.

Nowadays?

BacktoBasics
10-26-2015, 06:09 PM
This sounds nothing more than the OPs inability to socialize with his peers. God forbid you actually have to engage other people and their interests.

Leetonidas
10-26-2015, 06:11 PM
Lolwut

Kawhitstorm
10-27-2015, 03:24 PM
This sounds nothing more than the OPs inability to socialize with his peers. God forbid you actually have to engage other people and their interests.

FOH, I ain't got time for small talk w/ degenerate but I have had no issues interacting w/ people who have something interesting to share.

DJR210
10-27-2015, 04:51 PM
:lol You sure you don't do drugs? Looks like a coked up rant to me

SpursforSix
10-27-2015, 04:56 PM
FOH, I ain't got time for small talk w/ degenerate but I have had no issues interacting w/ people who have something interesting to share.

You'd like Alex from Modern Family then. She's the most intelligent of the lot and has broad interests. Also Jay. He seems like he's lived a long interesting life and he's fairly successful. Might have some good guidelines. Gloria isn't the smartest but her tales of life in Columbia would be pretty exciting.

Avoid Haley though. Girl...she's about as deep as a drop of spit.

Don't know you very well but you might relate to the 2 fags.

Phil and Clair...they're pretty vanilla. Don't waste your time.

Kawhitstorm
10-27-2015, 09:00 PM
You'd like Alex from Modern Family then. She's the most intelligent of the lot and has broad interests. Also Jay. He seems like he's lived a long interesting life and he's fairly successful. Might have some good guidelines. Gloria isn't the smartest but her tales of life in Columbia would be pretty exciting.

Avoid Haley though. Girl...she's about as deep as a drop of spit.

Don't know you very well but you might relate to the 2 fags.

Phil and Clair...they're pretty vanilla. Don't waste your time.

I have never watched "Modern Family" or network shows such as those in quite a while (I don't even own a TV set) so I have no clue what you're talking about, I'm just finding out that Sofía Vergara is actually an actress. The last show I followed was "The Boondocks" while McGruder was still in charge. I just indulge in satirical talk shows such as "Real Time w/ Bill Maher", "Last Week Tonigh", controversial South Park episodes...etc but I didn't really follow "The Daily Show" or "The Colbert Report" but I would watch clips from both shows that are posted online. For the most part I just watch documentaries, sports, Ted Talks, listen to a podcasts or indulge on random but interesting videos that are posted online.

I would compare myself to Larry David since I have problems with certain social conventions and expectations & am often annoyed with other people's behavior. I have a hard time letting such annoyances go unexpressed, which often leads me into awkward situations.

HarlemHeat37
10-27-2015, 11:12 PM
I don't really hear anybody IRL talking about sitcoms nowadays, tbh..however, I've never understood the massive hype around shows like Big Bang Theory and Modern Family..they seem fucking lame and corny..

AngryMan
10-28-2015, 08:46 AM

Man, sit your whining ass down!

JoeChalupa
10-28-2015, 09:30 AM
People obsess about different things. Many of my friend are curry obsessed with healthy diets and watch everything they eat. Some obsess about money, etc. WGAF!?

Kawhitstorm
10-28-2015, 01:18 PM
People obsess about different things. Many of my friend are curry obsessed with healthy diets and watch everything they eat. Some obsess about money, etc. WGAF!?

I don't have problems w/ people who do their thing & STFU. I'm SPECIFICALLY venting about folks who want everyone & their mama to know about their obsession.

Kawhitstorm
10-28-2015, 01:35 PM
I don't really hear anybody IRL talking about sitcoms nowadays, tbh..however, I've never understood the massive hype around shows like Big Bang Theory and Modern Family..they seem fucking lame and corny..

I have been around a university setting for the past decade so I've gotten to witnessed first hand the flavor of the month obsession for millennials. At the moment it's Netflix binging followed by craft beer which is basically what middle class white students talk about nonstop. This week it's the new Star Trek movie & their Dart vader costume for Halloween

SpursforSix
10-28-2015, 01:36 PM
I have never watched "Modern Family" or network shows such as those in quite a while (I don't even own a TV set) so I have no clue what you're talking about, I'm just finding out that Sofía Vergara is actually an actress. The last show I followed was "The Boondocks" while McGruder was still in charge. I just indulge in satirical talk shows such as "Real Time w/ Bill Maher", "Last Week Tonigh", controversial South Park episodes...etc but I didn't really follow "The Daily Show" or "The Colbert Report" but I would watch clips from both shows that are posted online. For the most part I just watch documentaries, sports, Ted Talks, listen to a podcasts or indulge on random but interesting videos that are posted online.

I would compare myself to Larry David since I have problems with certain social conventions and expectations & am often annoyed with other people's behavior. I have a hard time letting such annoyances go unexpressed, which often leads me into awkward situations.

hmmm...you should try Green Acres. It's classic and holds up very well. You might get along with Oliver Wendell Douglas. He's a man of the world. Educated, well to do. But he wanted a change and to work with his hands for a living. But the rub is that no one else in Green Acres is anything close. They are all country bumpkins, each with their own strange peccadilloes. The irony is that Oliver's wife, Lisa, did not want to move to Green Acres but in fact, she is more like the locals that Oliver is. She's clueless!

DisAsTerBot
10-28-2015, 01:41 PM
SAAM thread

HarlemHeat37
10-28-2015, 06:56 PM
I have been around a university setting for the past decade so I've gotten to witnessed first hand the flavor of the month obsession for millennials. At the moment it's Netflix binging followed by craft beer which is basically what middle class white students talk about nonstop. This week it's the new Star Trek movie & their Dart vader costume for Halloween

:lol White people and their craft beer..I was at a friend of my girl's house last week, there was a craft beer discussion, at one point, I felt all alone..

JoeChalupa
10-28-2015, 08:25 PM
I don't have problems w/ people who do their thing & STFU. I'm SPECIFICALLY venting about folks who want everyone & their mama to know about their obsession.

You are the one posting threads about obsessions you have so STFU.

JudynTX
10-29-2015, 10:15 AM
The only sitcom I watch is The Goldbergs. Funny show.

MANGINA
10-29-2015, 04:15 PM
I dont follow sitcoms at all.

Kawhitstorm
10-30-2015, 01:13 PM
hmmm...you should try Green Acres. It's classic and holds up very well. You might get along with Oliver Wendell Douglas. He's a man of the world. Educated, well to do. But he wanted a change and to work with his hands for a living. But the rub is that no one else in Green Acres is anything close. They are all country bumpkins, each with their own strange peccadilloes. The irony is that Oliver's wife, Lisa, did not want to move to Green Acres but in fact, she is more like the locals that Oliver is. She's clueless!

I would shatter my screen b/c of the degenerate in Green Acres. Never marry an immigrant if you want to live like a hippy......

SpursforSix
10-30-2015, 02:36 PM
I would shatter my screen b/c of the degenerate in Green Acres. Never marry an immigrant if you want to live like a hippy......

that comes across as pretty aggressive. you ever watch Cosby Show?

Kawhitstorm
10-30-2015, 03:13 PM
that comes across as pretty aggressive. you ever watch Cosby Show?

Cosby Show was something that I could relate to as an African American so yeah.......Clair Huxtable/Lisa Bonet can get that dick:hat but fuck Raven Symone:nope

SpursforSix
10-30-2015, 03:15 PM
Cosby Show was something that I could relate to as an African American so yeah.......Clair Huxtable/Lisa Bonet can get that dick

ah...you're black...

some of my favorite sitcoms...Good Times, What's Happening!!, The Jefferson's...

Kawhitstorm
10-30-2015, 03:22 PM
ah...you're black...

some of my favorite sitcoms...Good Times, What's Happening!!, The Jefferson's...

I'm an 80s baby & a city boy so I can't relate to those shows & they feel outdated. Sanford an Son never gets old though: You Big Dummy!

Kawhitstorm
10-30-2015, 03:25 PM
:lol White people and their craft beer..I was at a friend of my girl's house last week, there was a craft beer discussion, at one point, I felt all alone..

Damn even Canada!:lol

Thread
11-01-2015, 11:56 AM
I'm an 80s baby & a city boy so I can't relate to those shows & they feel outdated. Sanford an Son never gets old though: You Big Dummy!

The upheaval in the show was disconcerting. They, Sanford OR Son were always holding out, or, having cast changes that made me shy away from it. But, in the salad days, when you could count on it--it was fine.

Thread
11-01-2015, 12:07 PM
ah...you're black...

"Good Times" was solid until the father left the show then it just disintegrated before our eyes. Christ. Though even in the good days the audience participation was agitating. Obviously the production loaded it with blacks and they went hog wild,,,similarly, the white audience ruined "Happy Days."

"The Jeffersons" were serviceable as well except for the smart ass maid and the white guy who lived next door. GD it, did they have to have these people in every fucking episode? I couldn't do it. I just bristled when they'd show up. Why wasn't the two stars good enough? They didn't need those shits.

After the heyday of the '70's-'80's I gave it up,,,until my children brought forth "The King of Queens" around the turn of the century. Even then I sat down with a jaundiced eye. It is excellent and I continue to DVR the episodes.

I will not do present day sitcoms. No. It's always some dumb white man, some sage gay man, and children who know it all. No fuckin' way.

spurraider21
11-01-2015, 10:20 PM
the Lakers Network is basically a 24 hour sitcom tbh

Avante
11-02-2015, 01:02 AM
delete

703 Spurz
11-19-2015, 03:09 PM

Is Schlitz more up your alley?