PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: NBA Analytics - Kobe and Jordan Routinely Beat Tim Duncan With The Same Play

Koolaid_Man
10-26-2015, 08:30 PM
:lmao. poor Timmy up against real Alphas...he's about a whole foot and a half from MJ' s shot and dam near 4 feet from Kobe's shot....:lol

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/Mobile%20Uploads/150209130725-michael-jordan-driving-layup-archive-tim-duncan-1998-all-star-game.1200x672_zpseg8gdqa4.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/Mobile%20Uploads/566070823_zps6udneev2.jpg

Kawhitstorm
10-26-2015, 09:00 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqZrCTcCMAApnrp.jpg

Silver&Black
10-26-2015, 09:04 PM
Kirby stealing Jordan's moves per par.

This is not really breaking news tbh.

Buddy Mignon
10-26-2015, 10:12 PM
I honestly feel Jim is afraid of Kobe. Why else would Pop tell his players not to look Kobe in the eye on fucking game day.

Koolaid_Man
10-26-2015, 10:32 PM
I honestly feel Jim is afraid of Kobe. Why else would Pop tell his players not to look Kobe in the eye on fucking game day.

Luva..they've always been afraid of Kobe and they've never tried to hide that fact....in fact Pop went to ESPN and openly straight up said "We're scared of Kobe and we're trying to avoid him at all costs"

I don't have to make this shit up bro......check the shit out....theres no spinning this and it's the very reason Kobe is 4-1 against Duncan head to head....check out the comments. I highlighted in red at the end of the article. Pop was so scared of Kobe he was acting like a dope fiend...wouldn't even turn on the TV or read the newspapers..he was having nightmares of that nigga :lmao

Dave McMenamin
ESPNLosAngeles.com
Archive
LOS ANGELES -- Recent road struggles and an injury to starting center Andrew Bynum have left the Los Angeles Lakers searching to regain the swagger of a defending champion.

That hasn't stopped their competition from regarding them with any less respect.

San Antonio Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich, speaking before Sunday's game in Los Angeles, knows his team is the seventh seed in the West thanks to its two-game winning streak and wants no part of falling back into the eighth seed and a playoff matchup with the top-seeded Lakers.

"The ones that say, 'We don't care who we play,' they're full of baloney," Popovich said. "We're all trying to hide from the Lakers in the first round and that's the truth.

"Really, it's like, 'Who do you want to play in the first round?,'" Popovich continued before sarcastically answering his question. "Oh, the Lakers! We'll play the Lakers!"

San Antonio, Oklahoma City and Portland are within a game of each other to determine the sixth, seventh and eighth seeds in the West. Popovich said the playoff race is the toughest it's ever been.

"We're all kind of fighting to try get our position or move up and nobody is giving any ground to anybody else," he said.

Lakers head coach Phil Jackson said his team is starting to keep an eye on who its first-round opponent might be, paying special attention to the Trail Blazers, who are currently the eighth seed.

"We think there are three teams that are basically bouncing around in that six-seven-eight spot," Jackson said. "Portland seems to have a lot of energy right now. Their schedule is favorable. They have fewer games to play. We play them once here next Sunday. We kind of thought that was going to be a preamble to perhaps a playoff matchup at one time too."

With five to seven games left for all the playoff-bound teams in the West, the standings are sure to change almost daily between now and the regular season finale April 14, but that isn't stopping teams from looking ahead at which teams they could face in the postseason.

"We think about it every day," Popovich said. "You can't not [think about it]. Every time you turn around one of these guys pops up on TV, you got to turn the TV off. You pick something up to read, you put it down. The radio [too]. There's so much media that [even] if you wanted to get away from it, somehow you know."

Dave McMenamin covers the Lakers for ESPNLosAngeles.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=5054742 (http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5054742)

Koolaid_Man
10-26-2015, 10:38 PM
Refresh your screen Luva and read the commemts in red :lol

Buddy Mignon
10-26-2015, 10:41 PM
Refresh your screen Luva and read the commemts in red :lol

Its basically how these ho-cake ass niggas view us in a nutshell.

Koolaid_Man
10-26-2015, 10:43 PM
Its basically how these ho-cake ass niggas view us in a nutshell.

Yep....theres no spinning those comments either....Pop was literally shaking in his boots at the thought of Kobe....lol @ Spurfsn in denial

Buddy Mignon
10-26-2015, 10:46 PM
Yep....theres no spinning those comments either....Pop was literally shaking in his boots at the thought of Kobe....lol @ Spurfsn in denial

Yup... and that 4-1 head to head battle rips their panties apart every time.

Koolaid_Man
10-26-2015, 11:14 PM
Yup... and that 4-1 head to head battle rips their panties apart every time.

Dam Spur fan nikkas aint wearing panties they rocking thongs

Narutoluva
10-27-2015, 12:34 AM
Sup faggots, see you swapping again huh? Well, carry on.

Splits
10-27-2015, 08:56 AM
This definitely qualifies for Laker "analytics"

Splits
10-27-2015, 09:04 AM
Here's Jimmy-boy on "analytics" :lmao

Q: I’m going to switch gears on you. Analytics have fast become a major part of the league, and there are plenty of folks who wonder if the Lakers are where they need to be when it comes to advanced statistics. What’s your perspective on that front?

A: “Do you remember when – and you might not be old enough to remember – but when computers, basically your laptop, first basically came out, the concept was that computers were going to run the world and you’re going to be so much smarter than the next guy because you have a computer. But the truth of the matter is it’s what you put into the computer. The computer just does it faster, quicker, and more accurate than you can because you have to do it by hand, but what you feed into it is the difference.

“Analytics, in basketball, when you hear that, it doesn’t mean (expletive). It doesn’t. If you tell a guy to break down basketball for you, if they don’t know basketball, they can’t break it down.”

Q: Well you guys have made some changes in that department, so how has it changed for you?

A: “We haven’t made changes. We’ve had these guys for years, and what we’re doing is trying to figure out through them what’s the best input to make an impact. I use the word ‘impact player’ all the time. ‘Impact values’ is what I have. I use my numbers to see and judge players. I use Mitch (to see) ‘Does he fit in the basketball sense?’ because you can’t just fit a number guy in there. If you have five number guys who can all perform and are all number players, they’re not going to win if they don’t get along, if they don’t fit, and that’s where you need a GM.”

Q: Without asking you to tip your hand too much, what do you mean when you say ‘my numbers’ – conceptually?

A: “I interpret other people’s numbers, take pieces from what this person’s number is – their actual mathematical basis for their number – and if I like certain parts of it, I’ll extract those factors from different people, analyze what I think and my knowledge of the game is what I feel is an impact (player). :lmao this guy has no clue

“We’ve done our own studies. My Dad and I used to do this 10 years ago. What is the biggest impact? If you outrebound your opponent, you win more games than you don’t. Of course you do. But do you win more than (when you consider) another statistic? And you know what the statistic is. It’s shooting percentage, flat-out. If you shoot 48 (percent), and they shoot 46, you’re going to win nine out of 10 times. It’s very unusual (to not win). Now with the three-pointer, that changes things up, but you can break that down mathematically what a three-pointer is worth. If you shoot 42 (percent) at three (point range), 48 at two (point range), and the other team shoots only twos at 45, you’re going to win, because the 42 really translates to – you know what I mean? So my numbers take it – it’s a combination, a hodgepodge of different formulas. I’ve been doing for 10, 12 years.” :lmao fucking liar

Q: Is this influenced by your Dad at all?

A: “My Dad didn’t have the numbers. He would use my numbers. He basically did the same thing. He’d listen to how I came up with the numbers, and then pick his parts that he liked out of the numbers, and then say, ‘Can you readjust them using ‘A,’ ‘C,’ and ‘M,’? And then he would say, ‘That’s what I think is important to basketball.’ And you’d say, ‘Ok,’ and it would come out and we would just spit it out.”

Q: That’s a smaller part of the operation, but you’ve mentioned the bigger picture of the league having changed (by way of the NBA’s current collective bargaining agreement that was put into place in 2011) a few times.

A: “(It has changed) for the better. I’m not complaining about that, by the way (laughs). Parity is great, but you just have to adjust. When you’re on a path like this, and then they change the rules, well if your path has now been altered, now you have to figure out how to keep on that path, or you just got screwed and they completely shut down your path. Whatever it takes. It’s not a problem.”

“(Jerry Buss) taught me for all these years, we’re always looking three to five years ahead. Right now, I’m not looking at this season…I don’t care about making the playoffs and getting eliminated in the playoffs. :wow What I care about is getting the core players, because we want to get to the top, and the only way we can get to the top is to have the core players, get the free agents, have flexibility in our (salary) cap, and we’ll be there within three years. Not a problem. Boom.”

Q: With Mitch, though, do you like the way you two fit? In terms of duties and the way you complement each other, how is it?

A: “Well, I think when you go over the tape you’ll hear me talk about my numbers, my impact values, and how much I put into those numbers, how much time and effort. I work every night on them. I truly work almost every night on them, only just to tweak it, to perfect it. What’s entertainment for me is to say, ‘What (impact value) number did I have on this player who turned out to be a hell of a player? What did I miss?’ Well, you know what, ‘My numbers had him right up there.’ So I get pumped up. That’s entertainment to me.”

Q: How do you store this info?

A: “It’s on the computer (:lol Lakers only have 1 computer). But Mitch is fantastic at piecing together a team based on what makes a great team, ok? So if he says, ‘You know what, we’re hurting a little bit at small forward (:lol Kirby is your SF), what do you think of this guy, or what do you think of this guy?’…Those aren’t guys that he picked. Those are guys that are available. And I’ll come back, and I’ll say, ‘Well Mitch, this guy fits my numbers. This guy is close, so which way would you go?’ And then he’ll ask me.

“When we first started together, he would say, ‘Well, this is the guy I want,’ and I’d say, ‘Well it’s close enough, so it doesn’t matter. Do what you want.’ But now, it has gotten to the point where he’s believing in the analytics, and he’ll say, ‘Who’s the better impact player?’ Well this is the better impact player, as opposed to this guy, but it’s close. He’ll say, ‘You know what, truthfully, they’re about 50-50 in my book,’ and then he’ll start leaning toward this (guy).

“That’s the only thing that has changed in the last eight years, is that he’s more open to that. But that’s how we work. How we work is, he’ll say who’s available. Here’s what we need. Here’s what we have to do, and I’ll say, ‘Ok, here’s the player.’ Now when it comes to player 12, 13, 14, 15 (on the roster), then I get involved to the point where I’ll say, ‘You know what, this guy on my numbers is a guy who has potential to be an impact player.’ And he’ll say, ‘Well, he’s not even drafted.’ Exactly (laughs). We’ll take him, or we’ll get him, or we’ll sign him to a guaranteed contract for one year. Let’s test him out. And we’ve done extremely well with that.”

:rollin what a fucking moran

Killakobe81
10-27-2015, 09:26 AM
The Pop quotes are funny and refreshingly honest. But if that were truth back when we were good and Kobe ruled the west I still dont get why they didnt do more last year to get a better matchup than the Clips.

ambchang
10-27-2015, 09:35 AM
Still can't read huh? Where did pop mention Kobe?

Kawhitstorm
10-27-2015, 03:12 PM
I don't have to make this shit up bro......check the shit out....theres no spinning this and it's the very reason Kobe is 4-1 against Duncan head to head....check out the comments.

Tim SWEPT Kobe's bitch ass in '99 when you were in diapers:baby & made him cry in '03:cry despite him not having anyone of Shaq's caliber on his squad. Kobe defeated a Spurs team that had a supporting cast full of AARP members in '08 before getting his knee caps cracked by Ray Allen, that was his sole victory over Team Duncan as the undisputed #1. Tim meanwhile went on to win a chip both time he beat Kobe/Shaq.......but we are still waiting for Kobe to go through Tim for a chip.

Let's not forget Kobe proceeded to get swept by T-Mac in 2013 while both of them were warming the bench.:lmao