PDA

View Full Version : OKC roster & preview

JeffDuncan
10-27-2015, 11:23 AM
Thought I'd start a thread listing the Thunder roster, and as a place for any "preview" comments people have.

Here's their "Preseason Summary" from the Thunder website: http://www.nba.com/thunder/news/trainingcamp_151023

They like themselves.

OKC Thunder roster, as currently listed on their website:

Steven Adams, ctr

D.J. Augustin, pt guard

Nick Collison, fwd

Kevin Durant, pwr forward

Serge Ibaka, ctr

Josh Huestis, sm forward

Enes Kanter, ctr

Mitch McGary, fwd

Anthony Morrow, grd

Steve Novak, fwd

Cameron Payne, grd

Andre Roberson, grd

Kyle Singler, fwd

Dion Waiters, grd

Russell Westbrook, grd

As best I can tell, it appears they are all faggots.

LaMarcus Bryant
10-27-2015, 11:24 AM
^^^:rollin

TheGreatYacht
10-27-2015, 11:27 AM
Weak ass depth. Will cost them when it counts, like we've seen in the past...

UNT Eagles 2016
10-27-2015, 12:07 PM
Little on the bench at the 1, 2, and 3 positions, though their big man depth might actually be better than ours curiously enough.

Dancelot
10-27-2015, 12:12 PM
Thought I'd start a thread listing the Thunder roster, and as a place for any "preview" comments people have.

Here's their "Preseason Summary" from the Thunder website: http://www.nba.com/thunder/news/trainingcamp_151023

They like themselves.

Steven Adams, ctr

D.J. Augustin, pt guard

Nick Collison, fwd

Serge Ibaka, ctr

Josh Huestis, sm forward

Enes Kanter, ctr

Mitch McGary, fwd

Anthony Morrow, grd

Steve Novak, fwd

Cameron Payne, grd

Andre Roberson, grd

Kyle Singler, fwd

Dion Waiters, grd

Russell Westbrook, grd

quite possibly the best basketball take I've ever read.

RD2191
10-27-2015, 12:13 PM
OP:lol

TheDoctor
10-27-2015, 12:53 PM

They like themselves.

Steven Adams, ctr

D.J. Augustin, pt guard

Nick Collison, fwd

Serge Ibaka, ctr

Josh Huestis, sm forward

Enes Kanter, ctr

Mitch McGary, fwd

Anthony Morrow, grd

Steve Novak, fwd

Cameron Payne, grd

Andre Roberson, grd

Kyle Singler, fwd

Dion Waiters, grd

Russell Westbrook, grd

With Brooks playing their stars 37-40 mins they were a nightmare. With a bench that thin, let see how this new coach work with their minutes during the season. Specially with Durant coming from a couple of foot surgeries.

ceperez
10-27-2015, 01:09 PM
BTW, who runs the offense for the Thunder's 2nd team?

TheDoctor
10-27-2015, 01:20 PM
BTW, who runs the offense for the Thunder's 2nd team?

DJ Augustin the point guard, Morrow the shooter.

kobyz
10-27-2015, 02:24 PM
Spurs can't beat them if their big 3 KD, Russ and Ibaka stay healthy...

JeffDuncan
10-27-2015, 04:01 PM
With Brooks playing their stars 37-40 mins they were a nightmare. With a bench that thin, let see how this new coach work with their minutes during the season. Specially with Durant coming from a couple of foot surgeries.

That new head coach is Billy Donovan, by the way. Age 50. Coached 19 years at the U of Florida. This is his first season as an NBA head coach. So, he's unproven in the NBA. He'll be jumping into "proof" with both feet tomorrow night.

Associate head coach is Monty Williams (who played for the Spurs in 1996-98, and was a coaching staff intern for the Spurs with the 2005 championship team.)

OKC assistant coaches include Maurice Cheeks. Some will remember Mo Cheeks with the 76ers, an all-star point guard.

JeffDuncan
10-27-2015, 04:03 PM
Spurs can't beat them if their big 3 KD, Russ and Ibaka stay healthy...

I beg to differ. Even if the Thunder big 3 are healthy and well, the Spurs can still beat them like a drum.

DeRozan m8
10-27-2015, 04:16 PM
LOL OP

jermaine
10-27-2015, 04:18 PM
I beg to differ. Even if the Thunder big 3 are healthy and well, the Spurs can still beat them like a drum.

These fools give KD an Westbrook to much respect. Like them niccas sit next to Jesus on the thrown.. I'm cosigning with you homie.

ceperez
10-27-2015, 04:52 PM
Let's just say that its a wash for the starting lineups.

However, the Spurs bench will just simply destroy the Thunder. I just don't see how Augustin would survive the pressure.

TheDoctor
10-27-2015, 04:53 PM
That new head coach is Billy Donovan, by the way. Age 50. Coached 19 years at the U of Florida. This is his first season as an NBA head coach. So, he's unproven in the NBA. He'll be jumping into "proof" with both feet tomorrow night.

Associate head coach is Monty Williams (who played for the Spurs in 1996-98, and was a coaching staff intern for the Spurs with the 2005 championship team.)

OKC assistant coaches include Maurice Cheeks. Some will remember Mo Cheeks with the 76ers, an all-star point guard.

Oh, yeah, unproven in the NBA, not new.

Hoops Czar
10-27-2015, 05:09 PM
quite possibly the best basketball take I've ever read.

You don't get out much.

SupremeGuy
10-27-2015, 05:29 PM
There's no doubting your astute observations op. Excellent takes. :lol

:flag:

Drom John
10-27-2015, 05:56 PM
Some will remember Mo Cheeks with the 76ers, an all-star point guard.

Some will remember Mo Cheeks with the Spurs in 1989-90 (traded for Rod Strickland mid-season).

kobyz
10-27-2015, 07:04 PM

Nah, they too unstoppable and have too much intensity...

kobyz
10-27-2015, 07:10 PM
These fools give KD an Westbrook to much respect. Like them niccas sit next to Jesus on the thrown.. I'm cosigning with you homie.

No, cause Kawhi didn't get bitch slap by Barnes, Parker is not a liability and Pop is the second coming of Jesus that don't lose titles because naiveness and stupidity... i swear, you guys so blind that you giving bad name to the term homers...

TXstbobcat
10-27-2015, 07:13 PM
Should be a great test for the Spurs to open the season and a preview of the WCF.

DeRozan m8
10-27-2015, 08:06 PM
A koby username, with a cp3 av, on a spurs forum.

What a failure of a human lmao

SpursIndonesia
10-27-2015, 09:51 PM
A team with Dion Waiter & Anus Canc*r in their starting line up is simply a non contender to me. Will still be a dangerous regular season with 2 of top 15 players of the league playing for them, but WCSF is their best ceiling at the moment.

Vic Petro
10-27-2015, 10:22 PM
A team with Dion Waiter & Anus Canc*r in their starting line up is simply a non contender to me. Will still be a dangerous regular season with 2 of top 15 players of the league playing for them, but WCSF is their best ceiling at the moment.

:tu

jermaine
10-27-2015, 11:08 PM
No, cause Kawhi didn't get bitch slap by Barnes, Parker is not a liability and Pop is the second coming of Jesus that don't lose titles because naiveness and stupidity... i swear, you guys so blind that you giving bad name to the term homers...

Having a Lil faith in your team that has 5 championships over a team who hasn't won jack shit doesn't make you a homer. Like we didn't get better. Like Kawhi didn't get defensive player of the yr. Like our bench ain't deep. Maaaan, get off the dog food homie. We DA best.

pgardn
10-28-2015, 12:00 AM

OKC assistant coaches include Maurice Cheeks. Some will remember Mo Cheeks with the 76ers, an all-star point guard. And former Spur

Mo was loved and forgotten.
A true tale of woe.

Not forgotten. I withdraw my remark, look up the page I tells meselfus.

spurtech09
10-28-2015, 12:16 AM
Spurs can't beat them if their big 3 KD, Russ and Ibaka stay healthy...Spurs can't win if the Thunder-refs are involved.....

kobyz
10-28-2015, 12:28 AM
Having a Lil faith in your team that has 5 championships over a team who hasn't won jack shit doesn't make you a homer. Like we didn't get better. Like Kawhi didn't get defensive player of the yr. Like our bench ain't deep. Maaaan, get off the dog food homie. We DA best.
That faith is not legit right now and for sure not deserve that cockiness behavior like you do, the Spurs right now is just the number 3 or 4 contender just to be the team that go out of the west, after Warriros, OKC, Clippers and might as well the Rockets... you should get fucking reality check, you fucking homer!

DrunkTXLabrat
10-28-2015, 03:44 AM
i'm betting against the spurs tomorrow in the form of Ibaka and Westbrook centered fanduel squads. and i have half a mind to save a little cap space and take Roberson. fully expect Aldridge to wet his shorts. kinda expect Parker and/or Danny Green to do the same. Kawhi and Timmy will probably strain their knees carrying so much weight on such a wet floor.

JeffDuncan
10-28-2015, 02:09 PM
Aldridge against OKC last season (playing for the Portland Trailblazers, of course.)

Oct 29, minutes played 34:06, points 27, rebounds 3, assists 2, blocks 2, steals 1, turnovers 2.

Dec 23, minutes played 44:50, points 25, rebounds 9, assists 1, blocks 1, steals 0, turnovers 4.

Feb 27, minutes played 38:45, points 29, rebounds 16, assists 5, blocks 1, steals 1, turnovers 1.

Apr 13, DNP

David West against OKC last season (playing for the Indiana Pacers, of course.)

Feb 24, minutes 25:51, points 11, rebounds 6, assists 3, blocks 0, steals 0, turnovers 1.

Apr 12, minutes 22:41, points 13, rebounds 3, assists 3, blocks 1, steals 0, turnovers 3.

For those who like stats.

Kevin Durant did not play against Portland last year.

Portland could not handle Russell Westbrook last year. He scored 38, 40, 40, and 36 in the four OKC-POR games. Against the Spurs, Westbrook scored 34, 16, and 17.