PDA

View Full Version : Ben Carson: I'll turn Department of Education into investigator of professors

Cry Havoc
10-28-2015, 08:53 AM
I know there's a thread for it, but this is so fucking ridiculous that it needs to be posted separately.

Ben Carson: I'll turn Department of Education into investigator of professors' 'political bias'

As Republican presidential candidate and crazy person Dr. Ben Carson moves up in the polls, threatening to unseat current front-running Republican presidential candidate and crazy person Donald Trump, he shows no signs of toning down his most insane statements. Among his latest hits is an ambitious plan to repurpose one of our federal agencies into what we'll call a Department of Reeducation.

To briefly recap, the retired right-wing neurosurgeon argued last week that he doesn’t want to shut down the federal Department of Education; he’d prefer to turn it into an investigatory body in which it would “monitor our institutions of higher education for extreme political bias.” If a Carson administration decided it disapproved of the “extreme” political speech on a university campus, the school would lose its federal funding.

Asked about this on Meet the Press this week but lost among future president Carson's ambitions to overturn Roe v. Wade and do away with Medicare and Medicaid, Carson patiently explained to a skeptical Chuck Todd that he simply meant, well, exactly that. The federal government would "invite students at the universities to send in their complaints" about political bias among their professors, upon which Ben Carson's government would "investigate" those professors for improper political bias, and institutions found to be harboring that "propaganda," to use Dr. Ben Carson's word for it, would lose their funding.

Reminded that Carson’s definition of “propaganda” might look like “free speech” to others, the Republican replied, in a bit of a non-sequitur, “Well, that’s why I said we’re going to have the students send in. And we will investigate.”

More here:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/10/27/1440167/-Ben-Carson-I-ll-turn-Department-of-Education-into-investigator-of-professors-political-bias

boutons_deux
10-28-2015, 08:55 AM
already posted in the Carson thread

Oh, Gee!!
10-28-2015, 09:16 AM
gotta go after the commies

baseline bum
10-28-2015, 10:37 AM
That's some Hitler level shit.

hater
10-28-2015, 10:41 AM
Haha is he going to have a book burning ceremony at his inaguration?

Still this is much ado about nothing. He has zero chance. His poll numbers are inflated due to his comments on gun rights. Unless there are about 10 more mass shootings in the next few months. His poll numbers will drop. Zero chance

boutons_deux
10-28-2015, 11:01 AM
That's some Hitler level shit.

... as is his "religious test to fail Muslims for public office"

Repugs giving Carson the lead nationally proves how totally fucked up Repugs and their politicians are.