PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys are geniuses for standing up for talented "baggage" guys in Hardy, McClain

UNT Eagles 2016
10-28-2015, 11:45 AM
Here's why: both guys are extremely good at what they do, but would be highly coveted free agents around the league if they didn't possess the kind of "ugly" traits that they do. The Cowboys must keep both guys, especially Hardy, if they wish to compete for a Super Bowl next season (both are free agents). This will be made fairly easily now, as Hardy's actions have pretty much confined him to the Cowboys for a small fraction of the salary he would command elsewhere if he were the pass rusher he is without all of the extracurricular activity. McClain will likely sign a similar contract as the one he did in the 2015 offseason. Ultimately, the Cowboys are brilliant for being as loyal as they have been to Hardy, as Hardy will likely respond by taking a stark discount to stay with the only organization who has held his hand through his chronicled endeavors.

Avante
10-28-2015, 11:58 AM
The Cowboys took a small college running back named Bob Hayes (Olympic 100m gold) and made a HOF wide receiver out of him. They drafted another Olympic 100m champ Carl Lewis who didn't even play football. They waited on a QB to get out of the Navy. They drafted an Ivy Leaguer in Calvin Hill, who became their first 1000 yard rusher. All that before Jerry Jones.

They have always done things differently.

Obstructed_View
10-28-2015, 12:02 PM
the Cowboys are brilliant for being as loyal as they have been to Hardy, as Hardy will likely respond by taking a stark discount to stay with the only organization who has held his hand through his chronicled endeavors.

Because Hardy is loyal above all other things.

SpursforSix
10-28-2015, 01:59 PM
PacMan Jones

I was shocked to see him still playing tbh.

spurraider21
10-28-2015, 03:16 PM
is this the same faggot that said romo's injury was a blessing in disguise?

SpursforSix
10-28-2015, 03:26 PM

LOL. wtf.

SpursforSix
10-28-2015, 03:28 PM
shit, you're right

Cowboys: Romo's Injury Could Be Huge Blessing In Disguise For 2015 Super Bowl Run (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252653&highlight=blessing)

- The division isn't very strong this year with the Eagles taking several step backwards. Cowboys did a masterful job of wearing out Murray's legs last year, but the problem with Philly goes well beyond the rushing situation. Replacing Bradford with Sanchez won't work, either. I could definitely see the magic record to win the NFC East being 10-6 or even 9-7 this year.

- 9-7 / 10-6 and a 4th seed would be just perfect for the road warrior Cowboys who are elite at home and average on the road. Imagine drawing Seattle -- a mediocre road team -- in the 4 vs 5 matchup and then the Cowboys winning that and playing the rest of the playoffs on the road. The revenge game @ Lambeau will be a sight to behold. Winning 13 games like so many Cowboys fans hoped going into the season would be counterproductive due to being an iffy home team.

- The best news for the Cowboys is the entire band (sans Scandrick) should be back in November. The defensive armada returns in mid-October, Dez in late October, and Romo in early or mid November. The stats won't look great for our stars this year playing a fraction of a season, but rest could really pay off in the end. And the depleted defense is already good enough to hold down the fort right now -- better than in quite awhile.

- More to come! - UNT Eagles 2016

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-28-2015, 03:37 PM
This Greg Hardy stuff is getting out of hand.

Hardy has a character, he's a lot like Dennis Rodman. But he's loyal, a great teammate. He was the only Panther to attend DeAngelo Williams' mothers funeral and he was suspended the entire year. He was one of the guys to publicly stand up for Newton when the media bagged on him. He's a great player.

spurraider21
10-28-2015, 03:44 PM
damn, how shitty are the rest of the panthers to not attend :lol

SpursforSix
10-28-2015, 03:48 PM
damn, how shitty are the rest of the panthers to not attend :lol

they heard Greg Hardy was going to be there

UNT Eagles 2016
10-28-2015, 07:37 PM
This Greg Hardy stuff is getting out of hand.

Hardy has a character, he's a lot like Dennis Rodman. But he's loyal, a great teammate. He was the only Panther to attend DeAngelo Williams' mothers funeral and he was suspended the entire year. He was one of the guys to publicly stand up for Newton when the media bagged on him. He's a great player.

Will you still like him when he makes Newton eat jerryworld mud instead of turkey on Thanksgiving 3 separate times?

pgardn
10-28-2015, 10:22 PM
The Cowboys took a small college running back named Bob Hayes (Olympic 100m gold) and made a HOF wide receiver out of him. They drafted another Olympic 100m champ Carl Lewis who didn't even play football. They waited on a QB to get out of the Navy. They drafted an Ivy Leaguer in Calvin Hill, who became their first 1000 yard rusher. All that before Jerry Jones.

They have always done things differently.

Tom Landry evaluating talent v. Jerry Jones...

You are a true idiot.

Avante
10-29-2015, 01:03 AM
Tom Landry evaluating talent v. Jerry Jones...

You are a true idiot.

Fucker, all we ever see out of you in one stupid post after stupid post, ok asshole? Do something other than bug the grown ups, got it?

leemajors
10-29-2015, 07:48 AM
Will you still like him when he makes Newton eat jerryworld mud instead of turkey on Thanksgiving 3 separate times?

turf mud?

Darth_Pelican
10-29-2015, 10:32 AM
Joseph Randle likely to be suspended.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/14000034/joseph-randle-dallas-cowboys-facing-discipline-violating-personal-conduct-policy

UNT Eagles 2016
10-29-2015, 12:03 PM

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/14000034/joseph-randle-dallas-cowboys-facing-discipline-violating-personal-conduct-policy
No biggie, we still have a bell cow and an adequate young backup

spurtech09
10-29-2015, 03:48 PM

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/14000034/joseph-randle-dallas-cowboys-facing-discipline-violating-personal-conduct-policyDoes it matter? Randle hasn't been doing anything on the field....

pgardn
10-30-2015, 12:01 AM
Fucker, all we ever see out of you in one stupid post after stupid post, ok asshole? Do something other than bug the grown ups, got it?

No.

I don't.
You are a complete idiot. Read your statement again and then drop an anvil on your head.

Avante
10-30-2015, 12:05 AM
No.

I don't.
You are a complete idiot. Read your statement again and then drop an anvil on your head.

Fucking retard, sheesh~~~~~~~

chunticakes
10-30-2015, 05:05 AM
No biggie, we still have a bell cow and an adequate young backup

:cry Its a blessing in disguise :cry

UNT Eagles 2016
10-30-2015, 09:58 AM
:cry Its a blessing in disguise :cry
if Dez is back, we'll beat the Shehawks.

Trill Clinton
10-30-2015, 11:53 AM
if Dez is back, we'll beat the Shehawks.

not if matt cassell is going to be throwing ducks again. our defense and run game is going to have to win games until romo is back.

DPG21920
10-30-2015, 01:07 PM
Don't care how talented you are you need a QB. Antonio Brown was awful with Vick - need a QB

UNT Eagles 2016
10-30-2015, 07:14 PM
not if matt cassell is going to be throwing ducks again. our defense and run game is going to have to win games until romo is back.
Matt Cassel was great compared to Weeden. I feel he received an unfair amount of the blame for the NYG loss. The first pick was T. Williams' fault and that was the only game changing one out of the three. The other 2 were on him, but the first turned out to be a well executed arm punt on 2nd and long and the 3rd was painful because he had McFadden for a 10+ yard gain in the right flat but decided to force it over the middle to Butler into the teeth of the NYG secondary -- BUT it didn't cost field position and the Cowboys ended up getting the ball back quickly after that episode.

The Cowboys controlled Sunday's game and definitely should have won (just look at time of possession and rushing yards). The game was lost due to 2 fluke plays that were NYG TDs, and neither were Cassel's fault nor the fault of the defense. Shit happens.

leemajors
10-31-2015, 09:49 AM
cassell made several very poor throws, that is on him. maybe the WR coulda made a better effort, but several should not have been thrown. this is known about cassell though.

DJR210
10-31-2015, 12:20 PM

Yup. That was him :lol. That quote and Chris proclaiming we would win some games with Weeden have been two of my favorite quotes of the year here in the NFL forum.. Will Hunting taking a huge shit on bestnurseeva with his Kardashian/Sam tracker was the other

DJR210
10-31-2015, 12:24 PM
Standing up for the baggage guys is one thing.. People change. But continuing to allow them to behave like kids and disrupt the team dynamic is another.

Jason Garret is truly a terrible, terrible coach. He brings nothing to the table. It's obvious that he is liked by the players, but nobody gives a fuck about his ass, they do whatever they want.

Go back to the days of cutting a young talent like Derek Ross to prove a point IMO, the Cowboys are running a mini circus.

DJR210
10-31-2015, 12:27 PM
Question.. If the Cowboys don't win another game until Romo returns, should they tank the season and start planning for next year?

chunticakes
10-31-2015, 11:15 PM
Question.. If the Cowboys don't win another game until Romo returns, should they tank the season and start planning for next year?

I've been wanting them to tank after the New Orleans loss.

DJR210
10-31-2015, 11:36 PM
I've been wanting them to tank after the New Orleans loss.

I was for the tread water approach.. But if we can't get another game without Romo and Philly/NY ends up getting a lead, whats the point. Shit sucks.

UNT Eagles 2016
11-01-2015, 12:14 AM
I was for the tread water approach.. But if we can't get another game without Romo and Philly/NY ends up getting a lead, whats the point. Shit sucks.
Cowboys must win tomorrow. Dez can school overrated Sherman

DJR210
11-01-2015, 12:16 AM
Cowboys must win tomorrow. Dez can school overrated Sherman

Not happening.

DJR210
11-01-2015, 12:17 AM
Predict the McFadden injury.. I'm going hamstring.

UNT Eagles 2016
11-01-2015, 12:17 AM
Not happening.
we still must win tomorrow. Shehawks offense sucks especially on the road. We cannot, cannot, cannot afford to fall to 2–5.

DJR210
11-01-2015, 12:19 AM
we still must win tomorrow. Shehawks offense sucks especially on the road. We cannot, cannot, cannot afford to fall to 2–5.

Seahawks might as well be at home, there's gonna be more bandwagon Seahawks fans than Cowboys fans I'm sure.

UNT Eagles 2016
11-01-2015, 02:54 PM
Seahawks might as well be at home, there's gonna be more bandwagon Seahawks fans than Cowboys fans I'm sure.
I don't think so, that's just for division games, Texans, Patriots and Packers IMO

spurtech09
11-01-2015, 08:05 PM
What is it that the Cowboys can't get over the hump.....So many times the boys had chances to win but keep stinking it up.....O well time to tank.....

DJR210
11-01-2015, 11:36 PM
I don't think so, that's just for division games, Texans, Patriots and Packers IMO

You're crazy if you didn't think the Seahawks had more noise at today's game