RayTdropout
10-28-2015, 09:32 PM
Not clutch at all

Brian Windhorst
10-28-2015, 09:32 PM
Yeah they were definitely the worst performers for sure :lol

MaineSpursFan
10-28-2015, 09:33 PM
LaMarcus Aldridge = Richard Jefferson 2.0, when will we learn.

dabom
Thanks Pop. :lmao

HarlemHeat37
Green was being defended by their best perimeter defender and Aldridge wasn't really used like he's accustomed to..Spurs scored 106 points, offense wasn't the problem tonight..

Blake's Cucktainer
10-28-2015, 09:34 PM
:lmao Porker fans trying to pin this on Aldridge and Green

afireinside20
Chill out, just the first game homes. Spurs still played good as a whole, despite some mistakes. Green and Aldridge will come around for sure.

hater
Meth played a good game. Their bigs might be better than our bigs at the moment. They have lots of abled big bodies to throw at us.

they are a tough matchup for us. Maybe toughest in the league

TheGreatYacht
Pop puts Green in the dog house when he's playing well. What did you expect? Green couldn't hit shit, of course he'd draw a play for him

MaineSpursFan
I think he was teaching LMA to be humble and get his shit right because he's not an allstar in th west, he's just a chump middle of the road player and needs to focus and quit being a fat pussy.

InRareForm
its going to take some time

mexicanjunior
Green should never have been resigned. Would rather have Keith Bogans tbh...

apalisoc_9
10-28-2015, 09:35 PM
-Had three wide open midranged shots late in the 4th and hesitates
-Cant even grab a simple reboun
-Not engaged unless heès getting touches

hater
10-28-2015, 09:35 PM
Green looks like he has no confidence in his shot. It will take some time to gain it back.

Mnky
10-28-2015, 09:36 PM
Mills was off. Danny was off. Anderson was off. We got looks, didn't convert. That play at the end would have been an easy two if not for butter fingers. Ball just bounced there way, that's all. Morrow, waiters and Morrison all shooting lights out won't be the norm either.

tholdren
-Had three wide open midrange shots and hesitates
-Cant even grab a simple rebound
-Not engaged unless heès getting touches

Yes he green and anderson look like poop. At least McCallum played well

hater
Lets remember Green was awful in the Clippers series. This is not a new malady. This is a continuation from last season.

tholdren
10-28-2015, 09:37 PM
Lets remember Green was awful in the Clippers series. This is not a new malady.
But he's worth the max. Best 3d player of all times

BatManu20
10-28-2015, 09:37 PM
First game of the season. It will take time to gel. Relax.

spurtech09
10-28-2015, 09:38 PM
First game of the season. It will take time to gel. Relax.agree...

InRareForm
10-28-2015, 09:39 PM
ZachLowe_NBA 1m1 minute ago

Spurs missed LMA in the post on mismatches a few times tonight. It's a process. Kawhi vs Durant 4ever

hater
what alarms me is Kawhi's chucking. hope this is not a trend.

Sure he will be a starter in the allstar game but we won't win many games.

RGMCSE
Eh we looked disorganized and still almost beat the thudner on the road. We had green and Lamarcus absent on offense. We're gonna blow them the fuck out next time.

BatManu20
Spurs missed a ton of good looks and played pretty shitty Defense most of the game. For a while there OkC was running a lay up line against us. We didn't play well down the stretch at all and we still had a chance to win it on the road. Not worried as long as we clean up our poor interior D.

SanDiegoSpursFan
10-28-2015, 09:40 PM
Pop is still gonna have to adjust the offense a bit to get Aldridge better involved. Most of his shots were off post-ups and other than standing at the top of the key and passing he wasn't very involved in the offense.

Spur|n|Austin
Chill out, just the first game homes. Spurs still played good as a whole, despite some mistakes. Green and Aldridge will come around for sure.

Meth played a good game. Their bigs might be better than our bigs at the moment. They have lots of abled big bodies to throw at us.

they are a tough matchup for us. Maybe toughest in the league

Get this logical basketball talk off here!

Ditty
We are going to be freaking lethal once the chemistry gets down especially defensively. We will be fine. OKC better hope they stay healthy especially Westbrook who is falling everywhere.

SpursBig3s
10-28-2015, 09:43 PM
I think he was teaching LMA to be humble and get his shit right because he's not an allstar in th west, he's just a chump middle of the road player and needs to focus and quit being a fat pussy.

Wtf are you talking about? LMA is a 4 time all star:lol

Strategic
10-28-2015, 09:43 PM
A little surprised Green was in instead of Manu for that inbound. May be a sign of what's to come? End game execution could be a problem for a while if that's the case.

FromWayDowntown
10-28-2015, 09:44 PM
Damn. The have a new piece to integrate, played on the road against an elite team that tends to dominate it's own building, and had the ball in hand with the chance to tie or win with under 30 seconds to go.

A couple of years ago, every Spurs trip into OKC seemed to end with a 20 point loss.

It's not like they lost at home by 20 to Denver or something.

SpursBig3s
10-28-2015, 09:45 PM
Mills was off. Danny was off. Anderson was off. We got looks, didn't convert. That play at the end would have been an easy two if not for butter fingers. Ball just bounced there way, that's all. Morrow, waiters and Morrison all shooting lights out won't be the norm either.

This. Good take. I agree, I thought we were the better team tbh

spurtech09
10-28-2015, 09:46 PM
This. Good take. I agree, I thought we were the better team tbhyes

FromWayDowntown
I think eventually we'll see Pop stagger Duncan/Aldridge so that when Boris/West enter, they're stretches together are fairly short.

MaineSpursFan
Wtf are you talking about? LMA is a 4 time all star:lol

yeah on a shit team that only got top 4 because of broken standings making division leaders no lower than top 4, a la Kevin Pussy Love, only good on a mediocre team where he's being spoon fed the ball

MaineSpursFan
10-28-2015, 09:47 PM
grow some mother f***in balls like the LDN your'e supposed to be "top 10 player"

SpursBig3s
10-28-2015, 09:48 PM
So 23&11 means you're a scrub? Lol, ok guy

lilbthebasedgod
10-28-2015, 09:49 PM
yeah on a shit team that only got top 4 because of broken standings making division leaders no lower than top 4, a la Kevin Pussy Love, only good on a mediocre team where he's being spoon fed the ball
whew

Sean Cagney
10-28-2015, 09:50 PM

He played in the West in Portland and actually was an all star....
. Ball just bounced there way, that's all. Morrow, waiters and Morrison all shooting lights out won't be the norm either.I agree but on that last part you know how many times that is said every year against the Spurs when scrubs shoot the lights out against them and it becomes a norm after a while :lol

MaineSpursFan
10-28-2015, 09:51 PM

LMFAO what are you talking about "anderson was off" i'll be rolling over in my fuckin grave before ANY game should be decided because of slow-mo being "off" give me a MF break. This game is on Danny Green and LMA being soft pussies.

HarlemHeat37
10-28-2015, 09:53 PM
LMFAO what are you talking about "anderson was off" i'll be rolling over in my fuckin grave before ANY game should be decided because of slow-mo being "off" give me a MF break. This game is on Danny Green and LMA being soft pussies.

:lol Spurs scored 106 points, this game isn't even close to being on Green and Aldridge missing shots..

OKC's frontcourt destroying West/Diaw and the 1-3 pick&rolls/Waiters isos were the turning points in the game, clearly..regardless, it's game 1, doesn't really matter..

spursgu
10-28-2015, 09:54 PM
Damn. The have a new piece to integrate, played on the road against an elite team that tends to dominate it's own building, and had the ball in hand with the chance to tie or win with under 30 seconds to go.

A couple of years ago, every Spurs trip into OKC seemed to end with a 20 point loss.

It's not like they lost at home by 20 to Denver or something.

:tu

OKC was the most terrifying team for the Spurs the last few years. Tonight they were keeping up with them and even winning at some point.

Harry Callahan
10-28-2015, 09:55 PM
Green looks like he has no confidence in his shot. It will take some time to gain it back.

I guess you didn't watch the last PS game, did you?

Harry Callahan
10-28-2015, 09:56 PM
:tu

OKC was the most terrifying team for the Spurs the last few years. Tonight they were keeping up with them and even winning at some point.

I'm telling you, KD may never be the same. Westchunk will run himself into the ground by the all star break.

MaineSpursFan
10-28-2015, 09:56 PM
He played in the West in Portland and actually was an all star....I agree but on that last part you know how many times that is said every year against the Spurs when scrubs shoot the lights out against them and it becomes a norm after a while :lol

Like I said playing on a SHIT TEAM with only 2 offensive options would make any soft fat faggot look like an allstar. Clearly he is not, as was seen ALL PRESEASON and game 1, RJ 2.0 mark my words, cite my post come playoffs.

Johnny RIngo
10-28-2015, 10:00 PM
Already missing Tiago's defense after watching the Diaw/West shitshow.

Harry Callahan
10-28-2015, 10:03 PM

Tiago's calf would be hurting. Can't help the club in the Tub. LMA will hopefully play a lot more games this year than Splitter did last year.

Mikeanaro
10-28-2015, 11:18 PM
How many times Danny is gonna have those ugly girl confidence issues? its getting old.

DarrinS
10-28-2015, 11:33 PM

Give it time

Mnky
10-28-2015, 11:47 PM
He played in the West in Portland and actually was an all star....I agree but on that last part you know how many times that is said every year against the Spurs when scrubs shoot the lights out against them and it becomes a norm after a while :lol

Don't remind me. :depressed

Mnky
10-28-2015, 11:49 PM

Tunnel vision ftw, Fwiw..tbh..

Sean Cagney
10-29-2015, 12:06 AM
shouldve played bonner tonight...at leasts he will hit his shots instead of waiting for green to get going after 8 bricks thrown
Bonner at this point is not the answer to be honest. He doesn't even hit his shots during the regular season as much anymore sadly. He used to just suck in the playoffs but he is older now and just overall pretty bad. Could not do worse than Green tonight though, ughhhhhh he was bad as was LA.
Like I said playing on a SHIT TEAM with only 2 offensive options would make any soft fat faggot look like an allstar. Clearly he is not, as was seen ALL PRESEASON and game 1, RJ 2.0 mark my words, cite my post come playoffs.

I doubt he plays that bad being he actually has talent and RJ had Kidd spoon feed him all those years and put up good #s on a shit team like Milwaukee, but if you are right and he tanks this year and looks bad then it was a bad signing. Plenty of games to go though, dude has the talent to put up a good season. I think he was very nervous tonight, so I will wait a while.

ajh18
10-29-2015, 12:12 AM
This was the first game against OKC I can remember - at full strength - when I looked at both teams and thought "we're the more talented roster."

I thought it was tremendously promising, even though I hate losing to them. It looks like our top guy is now close to or on-par with their top guy. Our second best player is as close to their second best as we've ever had. And then pretty much 3 through 10 we've got the better roster.

In the past we always had to play nearly flawlessly to make up for the talent gap. Tonight, we barely got the easy looks we usually create via ball movement. But we're so talented, we still almost pulled it out.

rasuo214
10-29-2015, 12:18 AM
We already know Green is a streaky shooter, so not really a concern (was hoping he'd be on after the final pre-season game but it's alright). LMA will take time to fit in. It's sort of like when Pop transitioned the offense to being more Kawhi-centered last season it'll take some time for Pop to get the right mix for LMA to shine.

G-Dawgg
10-29-2015, 06:48 AM
Aldrige needs to be utilized more. He's arguably the best power forward scorer in the game but if he's only taking 11 shots then he isn't being used how he should be. Popovich needs to up his usage and let him get into a groove. That's the best way for him to get comfortable and settled in. You can't expect him to just scrape the bottom of the barrel for shots within the flow of the offense when he's used to being the alpha dog scorer. You need to go to him often and let him establish himself early. Green on the other hand is always hot and cold. I'm not worried about Green. He always seems to bounce back eventually. It's only the first game, everybody is still finding their legs. This team will be humming like a fine tuned machine by season's end...

cd98
10-29-2015, 06:52 AM
Western Conference. Dude. It's going to be brutal this year. Every team is good.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
10-29-2015, 07:22 AM
LMA missed quite a few open shots and yes, those where the difference in the game. Plus, he needs to learn to box out better on the rebounds. LMA is still learning the system. He has been an ISO player pretty much his whole career. Give the guy time. Having to play the first game against the Spurs most heated rivals was a steep first test.

Green wasn't bad but he wasn't good as well. Green always sucks it up in OKC. I believe he has had only one really good game in OKC his entire career. Look at the series two years ago. Green was lighting it up in SA and blowing hard in OKC. For some reason, he let's their crowd get to him.

z0sa
10-29-2015, 07:24 AM
Green, definitely bad performance.

LMA was fine for game 1 of 82.

kawhidoyoudothistome
10-29-2015, 08:10 AM
I saw so many times where we could have given LMA the ball in the post to try and extend the lead, and we settled for a stupid jumper from someone other than Kawhi. Kawhi's shot was falling, so I enjoyed watching him take stupid jumpers. Anyone else notice how idiotic the ESPN broadcast was for the game? Every time Kawhi big boy'd someone, they said he fouled them. He initiated the contact and should not be rewarded? How many times does LBJ, Harden, Durant, Westbrook, etc do that shit? It's about damn time he got those "superstar" calls. Been waiting two years for it. The dude never got calls in the Clippers series, so he bulked up even more so that if they were gonna try and muscle him out of the paint, he'd muscle himself back in. Dude bullied everyone he saw in the post. People were bouncing off of him. Can't wait to see if this trend of play will continue.

George Gervin's Afro
10-29-2015, 08:22 AM
#prematurethread

RayTdropout
10-29-2015, 12:10 PM
Had some time to think about it. yeah its was a pathetic performance LaMarcus and Danny. what the hell kind a shot was that by danny you bUm. And laMarcus you played like a pusi

NameLess Scrub
10-29-2015, 02:22 PM
I agree LaMarcus should have been getting the ball in some possessions when he had a mismatch or had position to post up.

I'm also under the impression the bench was able to get into a better offensive rhythm than the starters, but it got ugly when they were being dominated in the paint.

Can't wait for next game.

SAGirl
10-29-2015, 09:46 PM
This was funny TBH. :lmao
Slow mo for the win!