PDA

View Full Version : Things I have learned from watching the news on TV the last 2 weeks

Hook Dem
09-16-2005, 11:42 PM
The hurricane only hit black families' property

New Orleans was devastated and no other city was affected by the hurricane

Mississippi is reported to have a tree blown down

New Orleans has no white people

The hurricane blew a limb off a tree in the yard of an Alabama resident

When you are hungry after a hurricane, steal a big screen TV

The hurricane did 23 billion dollars in improvements to New Orleans: now the city is welfare, looters and gang free and they are in your city.

White folks don't make good news stories

Don't give thanks to the thousands that came to help rescue you, instead bitch because the government hasn't given you a debit card yet

Only black family members got separated in the hurricane rescue efforts

Ignore warnings to evacuate and the white folks will come get you and give you money for being stupid

I feel so sorry for all those black folks. The only way it could have been worse was to be white.

smeagol
09-16-2005, 11:45 PM
:rolleyes

Hook Dem
09-16-2005, 11:49 PM
:rolleyes
Go ahead! Deny it!

smeagol
09-16-2005, 11:52 PM
Go ahead! Deny it!
No need to deny anything. Your statements are pretty stupid. But don't worry, other bigots will come and defend your point.

Hook Dem
09-16-2005, 11:58 PM
Whatever you say Smeagol.

smeagol
09-17-2005, 10:01 AM
Whatever you say Smeagol.
Your comments are susbtly racist.

If you fail to see it, it's not my fault.

RobinsontoDuncan
09-17-2005, 10:03 AM
There are some people who will never understand the implications of their discourse he is one of them.

Big Pimp_21
09-17-2005, 10:14 AM
I'm not so sure that he is racist by the comments that he is making. While he is being sarcastic, he's making a point. How much coverage have the people, black or white, from AL and MS gotten? Also, when did stealing toys and flat screens ever come out of necessity (and don't give me that "they will barter them for food" bullshit)? While NO is predominantly black, there are white people, and beleive it or not, some of them were stuck in the convention center and the Superdome too. I think Hook Dem's point wasn't to be a racist, but more to point out the obvious spins that media puts on a situation to make it more "news-worthy". Because of the fact that NO has a lot of black people, and it was the most effected, people automatically want to scream race. And also, believe it or not...some of the victims are taking full advantage of the situation they are in and other non-victims are claiming to be victims so that they can also benefit.

Vashner
09-17-2005, 11:13 AM
I grew up in the poorest part of San Antonio.. I mean DIRT POOR.. back before HEB was all around we had Centeno's and Piggly Wigglys.. and there where not great cuts of steaks.. we talking nasty old brown steaks and cow heads... rotten veggies..

Shit was not easy for anyone... black white mexican whatever... hungry and poor is hungry and poor...

San Antonio was not always the super rich town it is today...

ChumpDumper
09-17-2005, 04:43 PM
Your comments are subtly racist.Subtly?

:lol

mugatu
09-17-2005, 05:03 PM
Everyone who watches TV can see different things, Look at the lady who camped out by the Bush ranch, some folks saw a hero, others saw a pain in the ass.

why should you tell people what you think they should have seen? This man is only telling you what he saw, It may not be what you saw on Tv.

I see no big deal in someone making that point.

boutons
09-17-2005, 07:01 PM
Did Fox Repub News/MSNBC cover white people, MS, AL more than CNN and others?

NO stole the show. And what a great show it was! Outside of NO, it was just a run-of-the-mill, MEGO hurricane disaster we see a couple times, or more, every year in FL. NO was something special, even unique so it got special coverage.

Jelly
09-17-2005, 07:34 PM
There is nothing racist about what Hookdem is saying. In fact, he is being pretty bold by making statements that most people are either too stupid or too afraid to make, since the only "fashionable" attitude these days is that the government deliberately let blacks suffer. The plight of blacks in New Orleans has been pretty much the ONLY thing the media has covered, despite the fact that the Mississippi Gulf Coast got the brunt of the storm. Entire towns have been COMPLETELY obliterated. But the national media, international media, and most of you apparently don't give a flying fuck about them. Why is that? Is it because they're white, and showing empathy for whites makes you feel less noble in some way? You don't want to be deprived of the grand feeling you get when you condemn the government for ignoring poor black folks? Well, I've got news for you. The government ignored blacks and whites equally after Hurricane Katrina. But since the media whores and their whorish public get off to sordid ideas like "Racist America doesn't care about blacks", we have heard almost nothing about the suffering of anyone who isn't black. After weeks of phone calls and emails, I finally heard from a friend who was stationed in Biloxi. The entire town she lived in was wiped out. She still doesn't know where her neighbors are or if they are even alive. She is still missing her stepchildren, aged 6 and 8. And guess what? Nobody gives a fuck. The American media doesn't and the international media sure doesn't. Why? She isn't black. There is nothing about her story that helps their obligatory "racist America" theme that is central to every stupid report on this disaster.

Hook Dem
09-17-2005, 09:40 PM
There is nothing racist about what Hookdem is saying. In fact, he is being pretty bold by making statements that most people are either too stupid or too afraid to make, since the only "fashionable" attitude these days is that the government deliberately let blacks suffer. The plight of blacks in New Orleans has been pretty much the ONLY thing the media has covered, despite the fact that the Mississippi Gulf Coast got the brunt of the storm. Entire towns have been COMPLETELY obliterated. But the national media, international media, and most of you apparently don't give a flying fuck about them. Why is that? Is it because they're white, and showing empathy for whites makes you feel less noble in some way? You don't want to be deprived of the grand feeling you get when you condemn the government for ignoring poor black folks? Well, I've got news for you. The government ignored blacks and whites equally after Hurricane Katrina. But since the media whores and their whorish public get off to sordid ideas like "Racist America doesn't care about blacks", we have heard almost nothing about the suffering of anyone who isn't black. After weeks of phone calls and emails, I finally heard from a friend who was stationed in Biloxi. The entire town she lived in was wiped out. She still doesn't know where her neighbors are or if they are even alive. She is still missing her stepchildren, aged 6 and 8. And guess what? Nobody gives a fuck. The American media doesn't and the international media sure doesn't. Why? She isn't black. There is nothing about her story that helps their obligatory "racist America" theme that is central to every stupid report on this disaster.
BINGO! Jelly gets it. Boutons is a dumbass! "Run of the mill hurricane for mississippi?" :lol

boutons
09-17-2005, 11:14 PM
AL, MS, SC, NC, same old shit as FL, etc, etc.

beach and near-beach communities wiped out, beaches eroded, etc, etc. The only thing different about Katrina is above all NO, and secondarily the area devastated.

Americans have delegated their "give a fuck" through federal taxes which pays for FEMA which was totally fucked up by the Repugs, and is continuing to fuck up seriously now.

dubya really, really, really gives a fuck, so he put yet another totally inexperienced politcal hack in charge of re-building the Katrina area. So go ask Karl Rove to find your friend's stepchildren.

Hook Dem
09-18-2005, 10:03 AM
AL, MS, SC, NC, same old shit as FL, etc, etc.

beach and near-beach communities wiped out, beaches eroded, etc, etc. The only thing different about Katrina is above all NO, and secondarily the area devastated.

Americans have delegated their "give a fuck" through federal taxes which pays for FEMA which was totally fucked up by the Repugs, and is continuing to fuck up seriously now.

dubya really, really, really gives a fuck, so he put yet another totally inexperienced politcal hack in charge of re-building the Katrina area. So go ask Karl Rove to find your friend's stepchildren.
You stupid arrogant moron! You put a political spin on anything. You're talking about rebuilding and my post does not address that at all. I'm simply pointing out that the media puts forth what they want us to see. Go ask those poor people of Mississippi if they agree with you. There is no political story there, Just suffering people(black & white). When they interviewed that poor black man in Gulfport the morning after the storm, my heart went out to him. He had his wife slip from his hands and he hadn't seen her since. I didn't care that he was black. I felt compassion. I actually cried. Don't tell me I'm racist. I have only posted what a lot of you are afraid to say. It is more important to remain popular with your cronies. The reason that NO is getting more coverage is because it is viewed as a political story(and it is). Politics has everything to do with this. You're attacks on the current administration are getting very old but I know you will not quit because hate and jealously control you're thinking. Rave on without one ounce of intellegence Boutons!

Hook Dem
09-18-2005, 10:36 AM
Boutons http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/15/cletus0lx.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

cherylsteele
09-18-2005, 10:45 AM
The hurricane only hit black families' property

New Orleans was devastated and no other city was affected by the hurricane

Mississippi is reported to have a tree blown down

New Orleans has no white people

The hurricane blew a limb off a tree in the yard of an Alabama resident

When you are hungry after a hurricane, steal a big screen TV

The hurricane did 23 billion dollars in improvements to New Orleans: now the city is welfare, looters and gang free and they are in your city.

White folks don't make good news stories

Don't give thanks to the thousands that came to help rescue you, instead bitch because the government hasn't given you a debit card yet

Only black family members got separated in the hurricane rescue efforts

Ignore warnings to evacuate and the white folks will come get you and give you money for being stupid

I feel so sorry for all those black folks. The only way it could have been worse was to be white.

I know this is sarcasm....and I have thought some of this myself.

What certain people don't get about this is that even though these things are not true...it is the PERCEPTION.....it seems like this is all you hear about on the TV news. It is unfortunate.

smeagol
09-18-2005, 11:00 AM
Subtly?

:lol
I got the transalation from an online dictionary (the spanish word is "sutilmente").

ChumpDumper
09-18-2005, 12:03 PM
I got the transalation from an online dictionary (the spanish word is "sutilmente").It's correct usage -- I just thought it was an understatement.

"When will whitey get some airtime?"

Hook Dem
09-18-2005, 03:20 PM
It's correct usage -- I just thought it was an understatement.

"When will whitey get some airtime?"
Whitey? How do you know I'm white? Are you?

ChumpDumper
09-18-2005, 03:25 PM
I am the textbook definition of whitey.

boutons
09-18-2005, 06:32 PM
"You put a political spin on anything."

what's the name of this forum?

the Repugs politicized 9/11, I really don't compare.
Essentially, EVERYTHING is politics.

"I'm simply pointing out that the media puts forth what they want us to see."

USA commercial TV is a mirror reflection of what the USA _WANTS_ to see.
The viewers are the "products" sold to the advertizers by the TV channels.

And did your beloved Fox Repub channel abstain from showing the blacks in NO, for fear of impugning USA as racist?

"You're attacks on the current administration are getting very old"

The Truth Hurts, does it? "You Can't Handle The Truth" if you hit you in the balls

(you having balls is a "theory" in need of supporting evidence, so far totally absent)

"old", and a grip on yourself, is something I recommend you achieve and then come back play with the adults.

mookie2001
09-18-2005, 07:01 PM

exactly, in the worst way

The Truth Hurts, does it? "You Can't Handle The Truth" if you hit you in the balls
dam right

Hook Dem
09-19-2005, 09:13 AM
"You put a political spin on anything."

what's the name of this forum?

"I'm simply pointing out that the media puts forth what they want us to see."

USA commercial TV is a mirror reflection of what the USA _WANTS_ to see.
The viewers are the "products" sold to the advertizers by the TV channels.

And did your beloved Fox Repub channel abstain from showing the blacks in NO, for fear of impugning USA as racist?

(you having balls is a "theory" in need of supporting evidence, so far totally absent)

"old", and a grip on yourself, is something I recommend you achieve and then come back play with the adults.
"exactly, in the worst way" ( Mookie) "dam right" ( Mookie ) Two brothers joined at the ass! :lol :lol :lol

nkdlunch
09-19-2005, 09:47 AM
People "see" what they want to see.

Hook Dem
09-19-2005, 11:47 AM
People "see" what they want to see.
Might be the most intellegent comment yet!

boutons
09-19-2005, 11:51 AM
Hook Dem, thanks for posting that picture of yo papa.

One of the times he banged his sister, the world was unlucky, so now we have a babbling, drooling microcephalic called Hook Dem.

Hook Dem
09-19-2005, 12:01 PM
Hook Dem, thanks for posting that picture of yo papa.

One of the times he banged his sister, the world was unlucky, so now we have a babbling, drooling microcephalic called Hook Dem.
No no Boutons.....That was you! :lol