PDA

View Full Version : Danny Green is awful

UNT Eagles 2016
10-28-2015, 09:47 PM
Just got paid a fat contract to go out there and clang wide open threes and then attempt one of the most pathetic tries at the end of the game you'll see from an NBA player all season... with a ton of time left to boot...

Anderfag is worse, though. If a guy on the JV team from my old high school chunked up that barfy-looking 18 foot floater that he took with the Spurs clinging to a 1-point lead in the 4th quarter, he'd be cheering on the team from the bleachers by the next game. PLEASE play Butler and send Andershit to the NBDL Toros if you want any chance of competing in the standings this year. Spurs looked like first round fodder out there, and the defensive effort they gave would make the Steve Nash era Suns cringe. Last year PROVED that STANDINGS DO MATTER, HCA DOES MATTER as well as drawing a relatively easy 1st round opponent. This is an especially important year for HCA; if the Spurs don't have it, particularly against OKC and Cleveland, Duncan is going to retire a big fat (or skinny) loser and the Aldridge experiment is going to go down in the likes of the Richard Jefferson category, to be quite honest.

:pctoss

Also, let's not forget, the ONLY other time the Spurs lost the very first game of the season was arguably the most bleak, depressing and dark year in the entire TD era. Don't know if this year will be much different, honestly.

Sports have fucking depressed me, all across the board, all October. Fuck this planet and all of its constituents, up the ass, with no lube, seriously... :pctoss

K...
10-28-2015, 09:54 PM
Simple man. Go fuck your weak minded self. Come back when you have the emotional wherewithal to handle a loss without player fan pissing on yourself. This is emo.

:cry standings matter!!! :cry

UNT Eagles 2016
10-28-2015, 09:57 PM
Simple man. Go fuck your weak minded self. Come back when you have the emotional wherewithal to handle a loss without player fan pissing on yourself. This is emo.

:cry standings matter!!! :cry
You don't think standings manner? May I take you back to... not even that far back tbh... in fact no earlier than.. the evening before the long-awaited Mayweather-Pacquiao fight! It's an epic game 7 in the first round and the home team wins 87% of the time! Woot woot

look_at_g_shred
10-28-2015, 09:59 PM
LDN gets a pass tbh

ElNono
10-28-2015, 10:00 PM
bad game, it happens

K...
10-28-2015, 10:02 PM
You don't think standings manner? May I take you back to... not even that far back tbh... in fact no earlier than.. the evening before the long-awaited Mayweather-Pacquiao fight! It's an epic game 7 in the first round and the home team wins 87% of the time! Woot woot

No, I I'm an adult. I say, standards could matter, lots of games to be played. Health, talent, then standings matter

. You said :cry :cry standings matter (slits wrists) .....big difference

ironman2886
Bad game. He'll go 5-7 from three next game. Mills, Parker, green, and LA were pretty much crap tonight.

spurtech09
bad game, it happensYea

spurtech09
10-28-2015, 10:03 PM
Bad game. He'll go 5-7 from three next game. Mills, Parker, green, and LA were pretty much crap tonight.Mills was ok.......

UNT Eagles 2016
10-28-2015, 10:04 PM
Bad game. He'll go 5-7 from three next game. Mills, Parker, green, and LA were pretty much crap tonight.
5-7 from three next game against Brooklyn at home is pretty worthless considering it'll likely be overkill. They needed him to step up to win a HUGE road game over OKC that will have large implications on the standings later, but a lot of guys came up limp dick tonight. Pathetic.

Ditty
10-28-2015, 10:05 PM
Gotta give credit to OKC for running him off the 3 point line, and making him put the ball on the floor. Still a great defender. Really bad decision at the end. Got to realize that he has some pretty good offensive talent now that he doesn't have to force anything.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-28-2015, 10:06 PM
No, I I'm an adult. I say, standards could matter, lots of games to be played. Health, talent, then standings matter

. You said :cry :cry standings matter (slits wrists) .....big difference
The Spurs had health and talent last year... but lost in the 1st round due to being the 6th seed. Change your priorities

ironman2886
Mills was ok.......
Mills was ok. I thought he rushed shots. He passed up threes to step inside. I hate when he does that. Gary Neal used to do the same thing.

MaineSpursFan
Just got paid a fat contract to go out there and clang wide open threes and then attempt one of the most pathetic tries at the end of the game you'll see from an NBA player all season... with a ton of time left to boot...

Anderfag is worse, though. If a guy on the JV team from my old high school chunked up that barfy-looking 18 foot floater that he took with the Spurs clinging to a 1-point lead in the 4th quarter, he'd be cheering on the team from the bleachers by the next game. PLEASE play Butler and send Andershit to the NBDL Toros if you want any chance of competing in the standings this year. Spurs looked like first round fodder out there, and the defensive effort they gave would make the Steve Nash era Suns cringe. Last year PROVED that STANDINGS DO MATTER, HCA DOES MATTER as well as drawing a relatively easy 1st round opponent. This is an especially important year for HCA; if the Spurs don't have it, particularly against OKC and Cleveland, Duncan is going to retire a big fat (or skinny) loser and the Aldridge experiment is going to go down in the likes of the Richard Jefferson category, to be quite honest.

Also, let's not forget, the ONLY other time the Spurs lost the very first game of the season was arguably the most bleak, depressing and dark year in the entire TD era. Don't know if this year will be much different, honestly.

Sports have fucking depressed me, all across the board, all October. Fuck this planet and all of its constituents, up the ass, with no lube, seriously... :pctoss

Exactly. Should have paid Gerald Green instead of his soft dick ****** cousin Danny Green, and fuck LMA get Robin Lopez instead, this ****** LMA cant do shit. Fat Slow and DUMB.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-28-2015, 10:07 PM
Gotta give credit to OKC for running him off the 3 point line, and making him put the ball on the floor. Still a great defender. Really bad decision at the end. Got to realize that he has some pretty good offensive talent now that he doesn't have to force anything.
He was trying to get a foul but they're not going to call that shit for the road team in that shithole arena. Should have passed to Duncan, and from there there likely would have been a layup or an open 3 man he could have passed it out to.

spurtech09
5-7 from three next game against Brooklyn at home is pretty worthless considering it'll likely be overkill. They needed him to step up to win a HUGE road game over OKC that will have large implications on the standings later, but a lot of guys came up limp dick tonight. Pathetic.
one game dude lol.....Last time I checked there still plenty of games left..

HarlemHeat37
He's probably going to struggle a bit early in the season until Aldridge gets in rhythm, they need to force opposing teams to play off Danny..Green isn't a creator, though, everybody should know this by now(puzzling that so many Spurs fans still expect him to score for himself consistently)..

There won't be many games where the opposing team guards him with their best perimeter defender like OKC did tonight, though:lol..

UNT Eagles 2016
10-28-2015, 10:10 PM
one game dude lol.....Last time I checked there still plenty of games left..
It's an important game in terms of seedings/standings though. We're 1 game back of the West contenders and 1 game PLUS the tiebreaker back of OKC. Spurs are NOT very used to losing on opening night, and the only other time they did lose opening night they proceeded to lose the next 4. Though they'll beat the Nets it won't surprise me if they struggle to make the playoffs and get run out of the gym in the first round by a real contender.

Budkin
10-28-2015, 10:17 PM
He's proven himself. He'll be fine.

LongtimeSpursFan
10-28-2015, 10:19 PM
I don't like to place blame on one player as basketball is a team game but damn Green was awful. I knew he was going to make a bonehead decision on that one possession when he got called for a double-dribble. He actually got lucky on that one possession late in game when he went to the basket and threw up a shot that went in. I thought for sure it was going over the backboard.

SAGirl
10-28-2015, 10:19 PM

:lol

10-28-2015, 10:21 PM
I don't like to place blame on one player as basketball is a team game but damn Green was awful. I knew he was going to make a bonehead decision on that one possession when he got called for a double-dribble. He actually got lucky on that one possession late in game when he went to the basket and threw up a shot that went in. I thought for sure it was going over the backboard.
The contrast between his home/road splits are embarrassing. He's the epitome of a hot/cold player too. He's the 3 and D version of Jr Smith.

loveforthegame
10-28-2015, 10:24 PM
When he's on it's a thing of beauty. When he's not it's glaring how limited he is offensively.

But we know he'll bounce back. He's the least of our worries.

Harry Callahan
The Spurs had health and talent last year... but lost in the 1st round due to being the 6th seed. Change your priorities

The Spurs did not have health last year. Leonard missed a bunch of games last year with pink eye and a hurt hand. IN the playoffs, Christine Paul slammed his knee into Tony Parkers leg in game one and he did not hold up. What were you watching?

spurtech09
Danny will be fine....Spurs need another shooter though.

DeRozan m8
10-29-2015, 02:56 AM
Was waiting for these crazy ass cliff jumpers lmao

What a soft cock

kobyz
10-29-2015, 03:03 AM
The elephant in the room, danny green is the most overrated player in the league and liability against the better teams...

apalisoc_9
10-29-2015, 03:05 AM
The elephant in the room, danny green is the most overrated player in the league and liability in big games...

SMDH

kobyz
10-29-2015, 03:08 AM
SMDH

You probably still giving him a pass and overlook is sorry ass series against the clippers and that trash defense on Chris Paul on last play..,

HarlemHeat37
10-29-2015, 05:43 AM
You probably still giving him a pass and overlook is sorry ass series against the clippers and that trash defense on Chris Paul on last play..,

He was by far the Spurs best player in game 7..you're so cute with your meltdowns and silly opinions, tbh:lol..remember when you almost killed yourself after the Heat tied the 2014 Finals?

Fireball
10-29-2015, 05:49 AM
I want him to go 3/7 on threes every game instead of this icy/hot shit ... cannot stand it anymore

Kawhitstorm
10-29-2015, 06:12 AM
I want him to go 3/7 on threes every game instead of this icy/hot shit ... cannot stand it anymore

He would be an All-star if he was capable of doing it.

Fireball
10-29-2015, 06:17 AM
He would be an All-star if he was capable of doing it. yeah ... not every game but you understand the direction I am going

Kawhitstorm
10-29-2015, 06:52 AM
yeah ... not every game but you understand the direction I am going

I'm pretty sure he would rather be a consistent shooter too but he is just not able to be consistent.

spursistan
10-29-2015, 06:58 AM
would love a nightly in-between "warm" shooting product from him..those 0/6s followed by 5/6s on 3 PT can burn you at the wrong time..

hater
10-29-2015, 07:32 AM
He hasn't learned a new thing in years. One trick pony send to also suffer from memory loss as he forgets a few things every night. It's like his long term memory and learning system is jacked up.

I am afraid he wont change for the remainder of his career. He will be great sometimes, terrible more times and mediocre most times.

hater
10-29-2015, 07:34 AM
Oh and hear this. Green will retire the day after his athleticism leaves him. Most likely around 33 years of age

TXstbobcat
10-29-2015, 07:50 AM
That is just the way it is with Verde. When he is hitting his shots it seems like he won't miss but when he is cold you get the 0-9 nights. It's frustrating but he is a streaky shooter.

Chinook
10-29-2015, 08:01 AM
He's probably going to struggle a bit early in the season until Aldridge gets in rhythm, they need to force opposing teams to play off Danny..Green isn't a creator, though, everybody should know this by now(puzzling that so many Spurs fans still expect him to score for himself consistently)..

There won't be many games where the opposing team guards him with their best perimeter defender like OKC did tonight, though:lol..

Yeah. Danny did a pretty good job helping Kawhi by drawing Roberson for most of the game. Who knows what would have happened if Andre had been on Kawhi instead?

Gladney to see you
10-29-2015, 08:37 AM
How much did he play in the preseason?

sa_butta
10-29-2015, 09:11 AM
First game of the season and he is awful? Can we at least wait till midway through the season before we start saying he has dropped off? The guy just hit 6 3's in preseason game.

BatManu20
10-29-2015, 09:40 AM
http://youtu.be/lObgLdtXYpU

Yuixafun
10-29-2015, 10:29 AM
That last play more and more looked like a designed chaos.... Lma had an tip in basket but he flubbed the ball. Green hit a couple runners, he didn't shoot it that much.

And to me, first part of the game Anderson was actually fine defensively. He played intelligent and had good timing. I saw him have a few hockey type assists on defense stops.

Anderson actualy surprised me with how purposfully he played on defense.

Spurs lost when they started getting pummelled in the middle by Kanter and Adams, and attacking Parker down the stretch.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-29-2015, 11:56 AM
Danny will be fine....Spurs need another shooter though.
Rasual Butler wouldn't have airballed that easy corner three that Anderfag did about halfway through the 4th quarter, tbh...

Brazil
10-29-2015, 12:03 PM
:lol dat bump material tbh

Spurtacular
10-29-2015, 08:05 PM
How about Aldridge throwing up that garbage in the last two minutes and dropping a would-be game winning lay-up through his hands?

BD24
10-29-2015, 09:31 PM
UNT and Kobyz the whiniest faggots on the site. You two faggots should go play Russian Roulette with each other.

kobyz
03-12-2016, 10:12 PM
The elephant in the room, danny green is the most overrated player in the league and liability against the better teams...