PDA

View Full Version : The Thunder went to Dion Waiters in the clutch...

FkLA
10-28-2015, 10:37 PM
and they have Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook on their team.

In other words whoever is guarded by Rique is a better offensive option than two of the Top 5 players in the game. Rique is the weak link.

RD2191
10-28-2015, 10:38 PM
Dude is just a shit defender. Not his fault tbh but damn, Spurs need some youth at the PG position.

dabom
10-28-2015, 10:39 PM

In other words whoever is guarded by Rique is a better offensive option than two of the Top 5 players in the game. Rique is the weak link.

WOW :wow

Piece of shit dion waiters is the better 1vs1 option with 2 top 5 players in the league(1 MVP). :lmao

MI21
10-28-2015, 10:39 PM
Tony Parker is a below average NBA defender.

I have yet to hear this discussed on SpursTalk, thanks man.

Floyd Pacquiao
10-28-2015, 10:41 PM
Embarrassing

KL2
10-28-2015, 10:41 PM

Below average is far too generous, he just may be the worst defender in the league this year, he was close last year.

dabom
10-28-2015, 10:42 PM
Below average is far too generous, he just may be the worst defender in the league this year, he was close last year.

FkLA
10-28-2015, 10:43 PM

below average is putting it generously

He is one of the worst 5 defenders in the league. You know you suck when they go at you with a bench player over KD and Russ.

Arcadian
10-28-2015, 10:44 PM
Dude is just a shit defender. Not his fault tbh but damn, Spurs need some youth at the PG position.

They have Ray McCallum, fwiw

jag
10-28-2015, 10:46 PM
Spurs need some youth at the PG position.

Solid take. You're in midseason form.

Patty Mills - 27
Ray McCallum - 24

Ice009
10-28-2015, 10:54 PM
Solid take. You're in midseason form.

Patty Mills - 27
Ray McCallum - 24

Neither are true PGs.

jag
10-28-2015, 10:59 PM
Neither are true PGs.

True PG? Oh you mean like Avery Johnson?

dabom
10-28-2015, 11:00 PM
Didn't know tony was a true pg. :lmao

jag
10-28-2015, 11:01 PM
"True PG"

unlike Tony, Westbrook, Curry...

This isn't the 90's, PGs score.

FkLA
10-28-2015, 11:03 PM
isame pos who wouldnt put up and arm to defend a bottle flying to his head, what makes you think he put an arm to play defense?

:lol

Mikeanaro
10-28-2015, 11:07 PM
We need an athletic true PG in the likes of Stockton/CP3/Laimbeer.

K...
10-28-2015, 11:07 PM
So Tony isn't as good as green, and kawhi. Got it..Will reevaluate my life based upon this mammoth revelation. Big changes will happen.

K...
10-28-2015, 11:08 PM

Ok, let's just dial up a hof hotline and ask them to send us an all time great.

DarrinS
10-28-2015, 11:09 PM

TP has never been a good defender, but it was easily overlooked when he could beat people to the rim.

Mikeanaro
10-28-2015, 11:11 PM
lol letting cory joseph go...not a good ballhandler and decision make, but dude had no ego problems, can play defense, feed the ball to the hot hand and attack the rim or pull up for a jumper...

spurs fail
And now Cory seems to play great without pressure and out of Enrique shadow.

Mikeanaro
10-28-2015, 11:12 PM
Ok, let's just dial up a hof hotline and ask them to send us an all time great.
Done, but I want him in mint condition and a return policy is required.

rudwick
10-28-2015, 11:12 PM
Yeah, that Laimbeer was an athletic little SOB.

Mikeanaro
10-28-2015, 11:13 PM
:lmao

sasaint
10-28-2015, 11:16 PM
TP has never been a good defender, but it was easily overlooked when he could beat people to the rim.

No quicks to the hoop, no floater make no D a lot more obvious. No decent O for D trade-off makes Parker a net liability. I thought his floater and his mid-range game were money, but those floaters float like a butterfly and land like a brick these days.

MI21
10-28-2015, 11:17 PM
below average is putting it generously

He is one of the worst 5 defenders in the league. You know you suck when they go at you with a bench player over KD and Russ.

I don't disagree, but this isn't anything that hasn't been discussed ad nauseam. He is overmatched defensively most of the time.

But... Waiters made a few jumpshots, good for him.. Despite him being a bench player there is no doubt that he is a somewhat talented isolation scorer and tbh, a lot of PG's defender a swingman like Waiters would have given up the same looks to him and it's down to whether he makes them or not. Tip your hat and move on.

But I do agree this is going to be an issue and there is going to be some situations where the opposition puts out these all offense lineups in the clutch and Pop is going to have to figure out his lineups when this happens.

Mikeanaro
8m vs 13m .... spurs failed big time

pop fails at telling enrique or subbing him off cause he doesnt want to hurt his ego, it was the perfect opportunity to let him go instead gives pos a loyalty contract for basically doing nothing in t he last 3 years...
And kills the whole purpose of building a great team by having a fat pseudo mexican PG who cant defend nor score, agreed this is on Pops.

Ice009

pop fails at telling enrique or subbing him off cause he doesnt want to hurt his ego, it was the perfect opportunity to let him go instead gives pos a loyalty contract for basically doing nothing in t he last 3 years...

That contract stinks. I hate seeing it every time it's brought up. They should have waited to see how he played last season. They had to option to do so, but I have no idea why they didn't.

james evans

BELOW AVERAGE???? HE FUCKING SUCKS!!!

sasaint
10-28-2015, 11:20 PM

:lol Please, no sarcasm on ST. :lol

MI21
10-28-2015, 11:22 PM
BELOW AVERAGE???? HE FUCKING SUCKS!!!

Please, you seem like someone with great ability to analyse basketball. Can you share with me your thoughts on other Spurs players defensive abilities, I truly believe you have a great eye and can really break it down for me.

apalisoc_9
10-28-2015, 11:28 PM
ive been calling this pos out from day 1 and u clowns still g ive him the benefit of the doubt about his defense

same pos who wouldnt put up and arm to defend a bottle flying to his head, what makes you think he put an arm to play defense?

urunobili
10-28-2015, 11:29 PM
DJ Augustine > Patty

LongtimeSpursFan
10-28-2015, 11:33 PM
I don't disagree, but this isn't anything that hasn't been discussed ad nauseam. He is overmatched defensively most of the time.

But... Waiters made a few jumpshots, good for him.. Despite him being a bench player there is no doubt that he is a somewhat talented isolation scorer and tbh, a lot of PG's defender a swingman like Waiters would have given up the same looks to him and it's down to whether he makes them or not. Tip your hat and move on.

But I do agree this is going to be an issue and there is going to be some situations where the opposition puts out these all offense lineups in the clutch and Pop is going to have to figure out his lineups when this happens.

Any opposing coach would happily take a jump shot from a role player instead of a play from their superstar. It's risky play calling because if it doesn't work then players are going to turn on coach.

FkLA
10-28-2015, 11:34 PM
DJ Augustine > Patty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0v57JKPRDE

cjw
10-28-2015, 11:35 PM
The real issue is Mills sucks defensively too unless he's drawing charges. This is where the team misses a guy like CoJo (though he was too expensive to keep) when leading down the stretch.

Slightly off topic, but Anderson also sucks defensively. Total liability out there with his speed.

Clipper Nation
10-28-2015, 11:37 PM
same pos who wouldnt put up and arm to defend a bottle flying to his head, what makes you think he put an arm to play defense?

http://i.imgur.com/XbNz4u4.gif

james evans
10-28-2015, 11:38 PM
Please, you seem like someone with great ability to analyse basketball. Can you share with me your thoughts on other Spurs players defensive abilities, I truly believe you have a great eye and can really break it down for me.
So you're saying parker can actually defend someone? If so, who. Reggie Jackson used to kill him. Mccallum killed him. Mills in practice probably is told to hold back from giving him 20 on the regular. He simply can't guard anyone. David West played like shit defensively tonight too.

FkLA
10-28-2015, 11:39 PM

You make some valid points. Still, it's pretty frustrating that going at Rique is considered a better option than giving the ball to KD/Russ. Just emphasizes just how much Rique sucks. You're right that it shouldn't be a surprise though...I remember when that retard Mark Jackson was able to win a playoff game in SA by going at Rique with Harrison Barnes for the entire 4th Qtr. Wingstop of course was busy shutting down Curry/Thompson.

james evans
10-28-2015, 11:40 PM
Any opposing coach would happily take a jump shot from a role player instead of a play from their superstar. It's risky play calling because if it doesn't work then players are going to turn on coach.
nothing is risky with parker guarding a man 1 on 1. That shit is damn near automatic. He offers no resistance. And the shit is like that on nba2k. I can't even hide him on defense on the game. Guys online always find him and destroy him

BatManu20
10-28-2015, 11:43 PM
Parker's defense is awful, and it's only accentuated by the fact that he was defending Russell Westbrook, who's the best slasher in the entire league. This alone why OKC is such a nightmare matchup, because of Westbrook vs Parker + their depth of big men.

FkLA
10-28-2015, 11:50 PM
Westbrook destroying Rique isn't a big deal. He won't even defend him in the playoffs so that doesn't even matter. It's his propensity to make guys like Dion Waffers, Joey Galloway and Ray McCallum look like Michael Jordan that is the problem.

apalisoc_9
10-28-2015, 11:53 PM
Who we playing in the PG position next game? :lol

I am worried

spurtech09
10-28-2015, 11:56 PM
They have Ray McCallum, fwiwI would like to see what Ray can do....

SupremeGuy
10-29-2015, 12:08 AM
They went to whoever TP was guarding...

Dammit and that's cause he had a decent game but fuck his defense killed us.

HI-FI
10-29-2015, 12:09 AM

truth bombs but Pop sees Rique as a son.

If teams continue to exploit the chucker might as well put that nig McCallum or Patty out there.

SpursBig3s
10-29-2015, 12:18 AM
Omg... ITS THE FIRST GAME

MI21
10-29-2015, 12:36 AM
You make some valid points. Still, it's pretty frustrating that going at Rique is considered a better option than giving the ball to KD/Russ. Just emphasizes just how much Rique sucks. You're right that it shouldn't be a surprise though...I remember when that retard Mark Jackson was able to win a playoff game in SA by going at Rique with Harrison Barnes for the entire 4th Qtr. Wingstop of course was busy shutting down Curry/Thompson.

Yeah and this is where the coach needs to come up with some solutions to these issues. Sometimes it is going to be better leaving Parker on the star player and offering extra help and living with those results. You would much rather Dion Waters spotting up and shooting versus isolating a weak defender, that is his strength.

urunobili
10-29-2015, 12:40 AM
:lol Please, no sarcasm on ST. :lol

TheDoctor
10-29-2015, 12:45 AM
And kills the whole purpose of building a great team by having a fat pseudo mexican PG who cant defend nor score, agreed this is on Pops.

:rollin :lmao

kawhidoyoudothistome
10-29-2015, 09:21 AM
Someone put on here that we wanted Waiters taking those shots, and that's correct. Nice to know that we scared them into not giving the rock to Durant, who was getting beasted on all game. Denied Westbrook as well. Good overall smart decision, scrub got lucky as shit. Move on.

Brazil
10-29-2015, 09:27 AM

I was looking for the daily thread where the krew would suck each other... I found it :lol

:cheer

sasaint
10-29-2015, 09:35 AM

Used es de Punta del Este?

jermaine
10-29-2015, 09:51 AM
It was just a simple good chest move by the coach at the right time. Nothing more, nothing less. Season just started. Its chest guys, not checkers!

Agloco
10-29-2015, 09:53 AM
Neither are true PGs.

They don't really make those anymore tbh.

Canyonero
10-29-2015, 09:58 AM
Yes, he sucks at defense.

I. Hustle
10-29-2015, 10:04 AM
It was just a simple good chest move by the coach at the right time. Nothing more, nothing less. Season just started. Its chest guys, not checkers!

I love chest moves. Like when they jiggle a little bit when chicks are running? Or when they are bouncing in front of your face . Those are the best kind of chest moves.

urunobili
10-29-2015, 10:04 AM
Used es de Punta del Este?

Si. Me crié ahí.

I. Hustle
10-29-2015, 10:07 AM
Si. Me crié ahí.

Meias suor na porta significa que eu estou

JeffDuncan
10-29-2015, 11:45 AM
And now Cory seems to play great without pressure and out of Enrique shadow.

Great??

Cory Joseph vs Pacers last night: minutes 27:43, points 3, turnovers 3, assists 1, rebounds 2.

Get a grip, people.

td4mvp2k
10-29-2015, 11:47 AM
Dude is just a shit defender. Not his fault tbh but damn, Spurs need some youth at the PG position.:( cojo still a FA?

snickles
10-29-2015, 12:10 PM

obviously he meant Laettner.

Mikeanaro
10-29-2015, 12:21 PM
obviously he meant Laettner.
Bill Laimbeer, greatest point guard ever.

Mikeanaro
10-29-2015, 12:28 PM
Great??

Cory Joseph vs Pacers last night: minutes 27:43, points 3, turnovers 3, assists 1, rebounds 2.

Get a grip, people.
Had a couple of great games in the preseason thats more than Enrique can offer right now, tbh.

KL2
10-29-2015, 12:28 PM
Someone put on here that we wanted Waiters taking those shots, and that's correct. Nice to know that we scared them into not giving the rock to Durant, who was getting beasted on all game. Denied Westbrook as well. Good overall smart decision, scrub got lucky as shit. Move on.

At this point it's not just a matter of a scrub going off, players know Parker is the weak link and are going at him. McCallum, Galloway, Rivers, Peyton, etc. all exposed him last year and it looks like the same thing this year. He needs to be replaced asap.

The Spurs even have a history of combo guards and pg's going off against them, and it was generally Parker's man. Duncan used to cover up most of the team's defensive flaws, but with his decline Parker is being exposed out there.

jermaine
10-29-2015, 02:54 PM
I love chest moves. Like when they jiggle a little bit when chicks are running? Or when they are bouncing in front of your face . Those are the best kind of chest moves.

Lmmfao, shut up. You know what I meant. Chess move!!!

I. Hustle
10-29-2015, 02:59 PM
Lmmfao, shut up. You know what I meant. Chess move!!!

Not half as cool as chest moves.