PDA

View Full Version : Parker played his role well tonight, tbh..

HarlemHeat37
10-28-2015, 10:42 PM
There's nothing he can do about the defense, he's a 33-year old, 6-foot tall PG, nothing is going to change that..it's up to the coach to make adjustments in scenarios where he's being exploited..

However, he picked his spots and ran the offense well..my only complaint is that he didn't attack Kanter on the switches, but that will probably come with increased confidence, chemistry and rhythm as the season progresses IMO..

If he plays his role like he did tonight, he's going to have a nice bounce-back season IMO..

Diego20
10-28-2015, 10:44 PM
His O was OK tonight, not his D though..

jag
All those years of carrying the team and chronically injured players on his back have finally taken a toll and the 3rd greatest Spur in history, tbh

apalisoc_9
Yup.

I thought he hesitated on a couple wide open jumpers after movement though. Can't hesitate on open Jumpers.

Needs to make sure he still has offensive gravity otherwise Kawhi and LMA are going to be easier to defend,

Gotta take wide open shots.

dabom
I saw some good stuff from role player tony in the first quarter but the other teams aren't idiots. Tony is going to be attacked all year. All the nba players know tony parker is close to being done.

RD2191
10-28-2015, 10:45 PM
He needs to gtfo or fake another injury so he can ride the bench.

Spurs 4 The Win
10-28-2015, 10:46 PM
Lets see how Tony does against scrubbier teams coming up before we make any bold declarations after game 1. We have a very manageable schedule for the next 16 or so games, should probably go 16-0 looking at it.

Mugen
10-28-2015, 10:47 PM
I mean you live with the Thunder running their offense through Dion Waiters, same with the Warriors/ Barnes, Clippers/Jamal, Cavs/JR tbh...

TheGreatYacht
All those years of carrying the team and chronically injured players on his back have finally taken a toll and the 3rd greatest Spur in history, tbh
This.

Ditty
Agree, I thought Parker did a good enough job on offense to win. Blame Parker getting destroyed on Pop than Parker. Manu should of closed out the game tonight.

HarlemHeat37
Tough to blame him for the defense, since he didn't lose his man or make the incorrect decision..he was just too small and doesn't have the lateral quickness..nothing he can do about that..

It's on the coach to make adjustments, but it's game 1 of the regular season, can't really expect Pop to care, at all(nor should he)..

jag
10-28-2015, 10:50 PM
1 man can only do so much for so many years. He's a hero just for continuing to go out there every night after everything he's done for his teammates. I don't blame his teammates, some guys just break easily.

dabom
10-28-2015, 10:51 PM
Tough to blame him for the defense, since he didn't lose his man or make the incorrect decision..he was just too small and doesn't have the lateral quickness..nothing he can do about that..

It's on the coach to make adjustments, but it's game 1, it's irrelevant..

That's why I always blame Pop before this washed-out player. But Tony definitely saying stuff to the staff to keep playing major minutes. I expect Patty mills minutes in the fourth to go up as the season goes along or we gonna lose again this year in the

playoffs.

dabom
10-28-2015, 10:52 PM
1 man can only do so much for so many years. He's a hero just for continuing to go out there every night after everything he's done for his teammates. I don't blame his teammates, some guys just break easily.

Fucks other people's wifes and gets called a hero. :lmao

sasaint

Tony is greater than which of these: Gervin, Robinson, Duncan, Manu?

DPG21920
Not every team has WB to attack TP. It's not on him that WB played on of his best games. He was at the right spots but WB is like freaking Lebron for PGs.

I was happy with him overall and he actuall got to the rim a decent amount.

Diego20
10-28-2015, 10:53 PM

Parker tards:lmao

midnightpulp
There's NO reason to meltdown over this loss. Admittedly didn't watch the game due to the World Series, but we were up by 7 on the road against a title contender late in the 4th and Kawhi had the best regular season game of his career. I assume LMA's presence is spacing the floor for him to work? And Westbrook goes off on every one. Only way to stop him is hope he chucks himself out of rhythm, as he sometimes does. Not even worried about LMA's performance. He's a career 45% shooter against Ibaka.

dabom

He's a parker stan but he sounds decent so we don't need to go there.

HarlemHeat37
10-28-2015, 10:54 PM
Not every team has WB to attack TP. It's not on him that WB played on of his best games. He was at the right spots but WB is like freaking Lebron for PGs.

I was happy with him overall and he actuall got to the rim a decent amount.

Pop obviously didn't care too much..the Thunder started Roberson, one of the worst offensive players in the NBA, yet he had Parker on Westbrook, rather than hiding him..

Floyd Pacquiao
10-28-2015, 10:54 PM
I'd rather have patty down the stretch playing pesky annoying defense than Parker playing traffic cone D. Pops to chicken Shit to bench Tony. Doesn't want to hurt his feelings :(

HarlemHeat37
10-28-2015, 10:55 PM
There's NO reason to meltdown over this loss. Admittedly didn't watch the game due to the World Series, but we were up by 7 on the road against a title contender late in the 4th and Kawhi had the best regular season game of his career. I assume LMA's presence is spacing the floor for him to work? And Westbrook goes off on every one. Only way to stop him is hope he chucks himself out of rhythm, as he sometimes does. Not even worried about LMA's performance. He's a career 45% shooter against Ibaka.

It was a good game, the result was better than expected IMO, despite having minimal chemistry..realistically, it should have been a 10+ point loss if Kawhi hadn't went into God mode on both ends..

DarrinS
10-28-2015, 10:56 PM

I don't blame thie loss on T P, but please spare me this BS. He was never asked to carry an offensive load AND guard an MVP.

spurraider21
10-28-2015, 10:57 PM
Yup.

I thought he hesitated on a couple wide open jumpers after movement though. Can't hesitate on open Jumpers.

Needs to make sure he still has offensive gravity otherwise Kawhi and LMA are going to be easier to defend,

Gotta take wide open shots.
if he took the jumpers you'd say "lol porker jump shots"

jag
10-28-2015, 10:58 PM

Come on, now. Don't be ridiculous. Let's not start counting Euro stats

HarlemHeat37
10-28-2015, 10:58 PM
I'd rather have patty down the stretch playing pesky annoying defense than Parker playing traffic cone D. Pops to chicken Shit to bench Tony. Doesn't want to hurt his feelings :(

I would rather have Manu and Mills on the floor instead of him, too, but that's not really part of my point..

10-28-2015, 11:00 PM
I expect his hesitancy to subside as the season goes on. He's definitely making a concerted effort not to chuck and to get the ball in other guy's hands. He'll learn when to pick his spots.

The bigger problem is the defense. There is no adjustments he can make, he's old and short. I liked seeing him with the bench unit. WOuld like to see more Gino with the starting unit.

TheGreatYacht
He needs to gtfo or fake another injury so he can ride the bench.

Tbh I'd rather have Parker out there than Mills. Mills is just a bad PG imo. He's a good shooter but not a great playmaker.
lol scoots

FkLA
Decent offensively. Defense still sucks ass. Overall, some improvement from last season but that's not saying much.

K...
10-28-2015, 11:04 PM
Nice thread. I can't realistically imagine mills doing any better against waiters. Maybe Ray would be big enough but he's way way away from being good enough to challenge mills for backup minutes, much less closing minutes. Other than going without a point guard I don't see how you defend better than he did.

There's this persistent myth that 6ft point guards can be elite defenders. It's way too rare a skill set to be constantly complaining about pg defense.

sasaint
10-28-2015, 11:04 PM
He's a parker stan but he sounds decent so we don't need to go there.

Yep. He's talking stats. I thought we were talking game. Over and out.

Kawhitstorm
10-28-2015, 11:09 PM
Pop should put him out of his misery.......maybe he will pop his achilles & call it a career

Kawhitstorm
10-28-2015, 11:11 PM
Nice thread. I can't realistically imagine mills doing any better against waiters. Maybe Ray would be big enough but he's way way away from being good enough to challenge mills for backup minutes, much less closing minutes. Other than going without a point guard I don't see how you defend better than he did.

There's this persistent myth that 6ft point guards can be elite defenders. It's way too rare a skill set to be constantly complaining about pg defense.

Manu was the best guard on the team & he can guard Waiters better than Tony. Not to mention the final play would have been for him instead of Danny launching a terrible shot but Pop decided he wasn't going to play him in the 4th:downspin:

DPG21920
10-28-2015, 11:14 PM
Pop obviously didn't care too much..the Thunder started Roberson, one of the worst offensive players in the NBA, yet he had Parker on Westbrook, rather than hiding him..

Exactly. It was pretty clear what Pop was doing. In addition to the Spurs having a lead most of the game despite WB on TP

HarlemHeat37
10-28-2015, 11:15 PM
Manu was the best guard on the team & he can guard Waiters better than Tony. Not to mention the final play would have been for him instead of Danny launching a terrible shot but Pop decided he wasn't going to play him in the 4th:downspin:

I don't think Pop really cared tonight, obviously..he had Parker(one of the 5 worst defensive starters in the NBA) guarding the 2nd best PG in the league for virtually the entire game:lol..

This thread is intended to provide a realistic view on expectations of Parker, tbh..this isn't mainstream media outlets that are always 2-3 years late in recognizing a former star's decline, nor is it a homer POV on a Spurs HOFer..

TP is a top 200 or so player in the league IMO..it appears that he's going to accept his role and pick his spots, which is all I want to see from him, rather than being Kobe or Iverson or Rondo..

Aztecfan03
10-28-2015, 11:42 PM
op is a faggot, enrique lacking confidence?

he had no problem throwing t he game away
:lol Kawhitard doesn't even know who his crew's leader is.

spurraider21
10-28-2015, 11:52 PM
i noticed this too, OP. he was picking his spots better, wasn't killing possession after possession with over-dribbling.

it won't stop FkLA from starting a new thread every time parker misses a jumper, but i think he showed good progress (from a mental aspect, he's not much better physically)

Johnny RIngo
10-29-2015, 12:04 AM
I wouldn't have an issue with how he played if his contract wasn't so terrible. You have Duncan and Manu taking paycuts for the benefit of the team while TP is still on the books for the next three years on a terrible $45 mil extension. He's gives you Mario Chalmers level production(with worse defense) - he shouldn't be payed anything more than 4 or 5 million.

spurraider21
10-29-2015, 12:05 AM
I wouldn't have an issue with how he played if his contract wasn't so terrible. You have Duncan and Manu taking paycuts for the benefit of the team while TP is still on the books for the next three years on a terrible $45 mil extension. He's gives you Mario Chalmers level production(with worse defense) - he shouldn't be payed anything more than 4 or 5 million.
yeah, his contract is god awful, but there's nothing we can do about it at this point. he's untradeable and you can't redo contracts in the NBA

HarlemHeat37
11-01-2015, 06:26 PM
Only 3 games in, but have to give him credit, seems like his acceptance of the new role might be genuine:toast

As JVG has said, aging ex-stars are the toughest players to coach in sports, due to lack of self-awareness and denial of deteriorating skills..good for TP, tbh..

ducks
11-01-2015, 06:27 PM

he can not change his contract but he can accept his role

maybe he will take less if he plays more after his contract is done
Give his contract a rest

FkLA
11-01-2015, 06:29 PM
Props to Rique if he keeps accepting his Prigioni role. Srs.

Hopefully Pop follows suit and starts treating him like the role player he is. No reason why he should be closing games if all Pop is having him do is stand in the corner since he's not a threat as a spot-up shooter.

Kool Bob Love
11-01-2015, 06:30 PM
Parker was under payed most of his career so posters need to shut the fuck up about his contract. Loyalist Spur in franchise history.

Brazil
11-01-2015, 09:01 PM
Only 3 games in, but have to give him credit, seems like his acceptance of the new role might be genuine:toast

As JVG has said, aging ex-stars are the toughest players to coach in sports, due to lack of self-awareness and denial of deteriorating skills..good for TP, tbh..

So far so good, he is acting like he understood his new role... I'm sure he talked a lot with Timmy this offseason about that tbh... For all the shit he gets from ST his loyalty to this franchise cannot be questioned tbh...

dabom
11-01-2015, 09:07 PM
So loyal he fucks other spur wifes.

gilmor
11-01-2015, 10:10 PM
So loyal he fucks other spur wifes.

Man.. I guess you fuck your neighbour's wife also..

TDfan2007
11-01-2015, 11:03 PM
I love the way Tony's been playing. He's picking his spots well and deferring to Kawhi and Aldridge whenever possible. As for the D, he tries, but he's just lost too much quickness to keep up with these ridiculously talented PGs. It'd be nice if he stopped "helping" off his man and giving up open 3s as much, but he and Green have been notorious for that since 2013.

Only disappointments so far have been Danny and West. Danny should get his shit in gear once the starters become more cohesive, and West probably just needs more games. So far so good...

Mikeanaro
11-01-2015, 11:06 PM
He is accepting the new role Spurs are gonna be fine.

Stabula
11-01-2015, 11:21 PM
I love the way Tony's been playing. He's picking his spots well and deferring to Kawhi and Aldridge whenever possible. As for the D, he tries, but he's just lost too much quickness to keep up with these ridiculously talented PGs. It'd be nice if he stopped "helping" off his man and giving up open 3s as much, but he and Green have been notorious for that since 2013.

Only disappointments so far have been Danny and West. Danny should get his shit in gear once the starters become more cohesive, and West probably just needs more games. So far so good...

Agree with all your points

J_Paco
11-02-2015, 02:10 AM
Props to Rique if he keeps accepting his Prigioni role. Srs.

Hopefully Pop follows suit and starts treating him like the role player he is. No reason why he should be closing games if all Pop is having him do is stand in the corner since he's not a threat as a spot-up shooter.

You do realize that Patty Mills is shorter than Parker (Mills is listed at a generous 6' while Parker is listed at 6'2") and just as poor defensively? Or have y'all conveniently forgotten Austin Rivers carving him up and resurrecting his NBA career last post season?

Patty is a far, far better shooting option than Tony but he brings his own set of limitations (small size, can't consistently run the offense, poor playmaker, etc.) that need to be accounted for also. In a perfect scenario we would have a young, upstart behind Tony that would be ready to take the starting position that brought outside shooting, defense and size but that player isn't on the team.

I'm glad Tony is accepting his current limitations and not forcing the issue on offense, especially with better options like LaMarcus and Kawhi on the team. I still think he needs to give the team better production (around 15 PPG & 5 APG), but getting comfortable in his new role and with new teammates takes precedence over that.

J_Paco
11-02-2015, 02:23 AM
patty gettin torched by rivers or porker getting torched by some clown playing on 1 leg?....

Hey dumbass, that "clown on one leg" is the best pure PG in the NBA today. And he didn't get hurt until the final game of the series, a series that is considered to be the best playoff moment of his hall of fame career. Austin Rivers is a guy hanging onto his NBA career due almost entirely to nepotism. Only a moron like yourself would criticize an all-world player like Paul and attempt to prop up a run of the mill, dime a dozen PG like Austin Rivers.

J_Paco
11-02-2015, 02:42 AM
so cp3 was injured 1 game, yet how come a healthy porker didnt exploit that one game matchup?

Cause he was ineffective and hurt, too. He has lost a step or probably two and isn't anywhere close to an elite PG but y'all need to stop acting like Patty is a much better option. He isn't.....

Brazil
11-02-2015, 07:13 AM

Good post tbh...

BillMc
11-02-2015, 07:23 AM
So far so good, he is acting like he understood his new role... I'm sure he talked a lot with Timmy this offseason about that tbh... For all the shit he gets from ST his loyalty to this franchise cannot be questioned tbh...

Truth.

BillMc
11-02-2015, 07:25 AM

HarlemHeat37
11-02-2015, 10:15 PM
Great game from TP tonight, picking his spots again..had a nice matchup tonight, took advantage of it, all day..

milkyway21
11-02-2015, 10:18 PM

?

HarlemHeat37
11-03-2015, 09:01 AM
?

I have him as 4th, but Parker > Gervin, tbh..

Brazil
11-03-2015, 09:12 AM
Third or Fourth is about right tbh...

Third it is for me for obvious reasons but I'm cool with someone saying fourth

spurraider21
11-03-2015, 10:45 AM
Can't see him above gervin at all and I personally have him behind manu as well. Kawhi surging up the chart, too

apalisoc_9
11-03-2015, 10:47 AM
Parker is for sure above Gervin...

Shitty ass stat padding 70's player should never really be rated.

james evans
11-03-2015, 10:53 AM
i loved the way he played. He got a little trigger happy in the 4th, but I don't even mind that being that he actually passed during the game. Plus he had a great defensive sequence the other night. Imagine if he played defense like that all the time and actually fought thru screens and not depended on duncan and others to automatically help.

milkyway21
11-04-2015, 06:18 PM
I have him as 4th, but Parker > Gervin, tbh..
well, I was thinking about DRob & Manu (No need about Duncan, the all-time Spurs greatest)

dabom
11-04-2015, 06:29 PM
No one in SA thinks Tony is better than Manu all time.

spurraider21
11-04-2015, 06:30 PM
No one in SA thinks Tony is better than Manu all time. Brazil Bruno

dabom
11-04-2015, 06:30 PM
Dude gets just as much love as Tim. Well deserved too.

dabom
11-04-2015, 06:31 PM
Those guys are the most french faggots on here. Couldn't even see Tony's decline.

spurraider21
11-12-2015, 01:00 AM
role player parker is good enough, so far his offseason quotes about doing less and letting kawhi/LMA do the work seem to be legitimate. did see him force up a bad jumper in the 4th, but can't get that nit-picky, overall played his role well :tu

still a terrible value on his contract, obviously :lol

dabom
11-12-2015, 01:01 AM
role player parker is good enough, so far his offseason quotes about doing less and letting kawhi/LMA do the work seem to be legitimate. did see him force up a bad jumper in the 4th, but can't get that nit-picky, overall played his role well :tu

:tu

100%duncan
11-12-2015, 01:01 AM

stfu faggot

spurraider21
11-12-2015, 01:02 AM
:madrun
:cry

DAF86

:clap

HI-FI
hard to hate him when he plays smarter like this.

dabom
stfu faggot

:lmao

100%duncan

:worthy:

100%duncan
Did I need the bluefont there scro?

DAF86
11-12-2015, 01:03 AM
Would love for him to add the corner three though. That would be ideal.

spurraider21
11-12-2015, 01:04 AM
Did I need the bluefont there scro?
cant tell the difference every since u "joined the krew"

100%duncan
Would love for him to add the corner three though. That would be ideal.

He had a good % from 3 last year, didn't really utilize it.

100%duncan
cant tell the difference every since u "joined the krew"

spurraider21
11-12-2015, 01:05 AM
:bobo

like it or not, we will always have the becky ban to bring us together :cry

100%duncan
11-12-2015, 01:07 AM
:bobo

like it or not, we will always have the becky ban to bring us together :cry

:lmao that faggot mod

midnightpulp
11-12-2015, 01:07 AM
As I said in another post, we don't need a prime level Parker to be successful with this team, and my example was the modern repeat Lakers who had Derek Fisher as their starting PG, who was even worse on offense and defense than Parker (although he did provide 3 point shooting). Like those Lakers, these Spurs will be able to kill teams with their length, rebounding, post game, and mid range game. Even Parker seems to be doing better with the increased spacing LMA provides. The only concerns are dribble, dribble, dribble and his defense liabilities. I think he'll adjust the former and the latter can be masked with all the great defenders he has around him.

He's not the concern he was last year for me since he has to carry a much less load now with LMA being on the team.

HarlemHeat37
11-12-2015, 01:11 AM
He has played well, so far, both individually and in his role, but he was pretty solid last November, as well IIRC..the test will be how his body reacts later in the season, and how he plays vs. good teams..

Reminds me of Jose Calderon with less 3s and more driving, so far..

Chris
11-12-2015, 01:12 AM
He looks great aside from his slow defense on the pick and roll tbh just needs to start hitting his mid range again and stay open in the corners for that 3

DarrinS
11-12-2015, 01:14 AM
I didn't throw my remote tonight, so good job TP.

LongtimeSpursFan
11-12-2015, 01:17 AM
Everyone played their role tonight. This team is best when the offense runs through Aldridge and Kawhi as the Robin role. Timmy doing all the grunt work and Parker slicing and dicing with enough assists and shot attempts to keep the defense on its heels. Green gets the occasional look when all other options have been exhausted or ball is moving around the court to the open man. Manu being supermanu and making that second team go. Patty and Diaw giving good spot minute with shooting passing and dribbling. West and butler bringing their hard hat and doing the dirty work.

Kool Bob Love
11-12-2015, 01:19 AM

He earned that contract you stupid Cali bandwagon fuck. You really gonna disagree with the greatest FO in the NBA on that? The fucking nerve.

dabom
11-12-2015, 01:20 AM
He earned that contract you stupid Cali bandwagon fuck. You really gonna disagree with the greatest FO in the NBA on that? The fucking nerve.

Kawhitstorm
11-12-2015, 01:20 AM
I liked when Pop chewed him out in the 1st quarter for giving up a wide open 3 then benched him in the 3rd quarter when he was getting torched by Lillard. Playing him w/the scrubs was the cherry on top. Seems like Pop is slowly but surely phasing him out of the rotation.:toast

Kool Bob Love
11-12-2015, 01:21 AM

Dont quote me daboom. Srs.

Kool Bob Love
11-12-2015, 01:22 AM
anyone enjoying pos role?

gives up 40pts to the back court, then scores in scrub minutes to show those clowns who never watch a game who rely on stat sheet numbers that he played a good game..

He held them under thier average Kent.

FkLA
11-12-2015, 01:23 AM
Am I the only one that saw CJ, Henderson and Lillard take turns abusing him? Him accepting his Prigioni role on offense is an upgrade from last season but his defense looks as shitty as ever.

Mikeanaro
11-12-2015, 01:25 AM
MVPorker doing a fine job, understanding he doesnt need to force things :tu

TheDoctor
Aside from letting his man torch him every night and going Enrique mode in the 4th quarter, he's looking great.

DMC
Am I the only one that saw CJ, Henderson and Lillard take turns abusing him? Him accepting his Prigioni role on offense is an upgrade from last season but his defense looks as shitty as ever.

No, but they abused everyone. I don't think I saw the Blazers miss until the end of the game. Henderson found that screen and pop and just went nuts.

TheGreatYacht
I liked when Pop chewed him out in the 1st quarter for giving up a wide open 3 then benched him in the 3rd quarter when he was getting torched by Lillard. Playing him w/the scrubs was the cherry on top. Seems like Pop is slowly but surely phasing him out of the rotation.:toast
You still posting? Having a Serena fetish, a confirmed chode, and wanted to start a dick measuring podcast.

MVParker won't cuck you, quit being musty b

HarlemHeat37

Yes, but the point of this thread is to lower expectations:lol..

He's not getting traded or going anywhere, the best we can hope for is that he accepts his role and plays efficient offense..

dabom

It's just about limiting his ineffectiveness at this point tbh.

cjw
11-12-2015, 01:26 AM
Lillard wasn't torching him. Yes, he fell off him once on D but generally did his job funneling him into the bigs. Lillard had a pretty inefficient night (yes, helped by paint help D) and was hitting some contested threes. Still 6 points off his season average.

If not for Ed friggen Davis killing with second chance points and Henderson going supernova for a stretch, this would have gotten out of hand quickly in the second half with the bench unit in.

And on CJ, Danny was getting torched as badly as Tony in the first half. In the second half, he turned into a total chucker till the final stretch.

GSH
11-12-2015, 01:34 AM
There was a time when Tony could be a one man fast break. Lots of times he would charge ahead into two or even three defenders, split them, and score. Now, even when he has a step on a lone defender, he has to pull it back and wait for the rest of the team.

I hate all the krew bullshit here, and I hate to feed the beast. But I don't see any signs he's playing hurt, like has been rumored in the last couple of seasons. And he's two steps slower than he used to be. There were several times tonight where I caught myself thinking that Tony should be off to the races, and there wasn't even a thought of it on his part.It really does look like Tony is incapable of running the fast break anymore. Those quick, high-percentage points are a big deal over the course of a game, and a season. Not to mention the wear and tear they save on the bigs.

Some jackass will probably bring up a single play where the defense just falls asleep and lets him out on a break. But if there is any transition D from the other team, Tony doesn't appear to have any chance anymore.

HarlemHeat37
11-12-2015, 01:36 AM
Lillard wasn't torching him. Yes, he fell off him once on D but generally did his job funneling him into the bigs. Lillard had a pretty inefficient night (yes, helped by paint help D) and was hitting some contested threes. Still 6 points off his season average.

If not for Ed friggen Davis killing with second chance points and Henderson going supernova for a stretch, this would have gotten out of hand quickly in the second half with the bench unit in.

And on CJ, Danny was getting torched as badly as Tony in the first half. In the second half, he turned into a total chucker till the final stretch.

The bigs were terrible on defense tonight IMO..Portland's bigs were beating them down the floor all night, and the rotations were poor until the 4th quarter..although to be fair, the Blazers have been arguably the worst 4th quarter team in the league, so far..

The entire team looked a step slow and asleep defensively, Mills was the only guy that played with good effort on that end IMO..I'll live with Aminu and Henderson jump shots, though, they can have those, if they go in, they go in..

TheDoctor
11-12-2015, 01:37 AM
...Tony doesn't appear to have any chance anymore.

Well said :toast

spurraider21
11-12-2015, 01:38 AM
you have selective memory

Sean Cagney
11-12-2015, 01:41 AM
Why does this always happen with some random bums against the Spurs it seems? :lol

Hoops Czar
11-12-2015, 01:45 AM

CJ destroyed Danny in the first half, not even a mention. I'm not sure why Parker's defense deserved a mention on a night where Lilliard was 7-19 from the floor for 22 points, and a couple of those fg's were pull up three's in transition and another three came on a pick. He was held under his season average of 27.5 a game.

HarlemHeat37
11-12-2015, 01:51 AM
CJ destroyed Danny in the first half, not even a mention. I'm not sure why Parker's defense deserved a mention on a night where Lilliard was 7-19 from the floor for 22 points, and a couple of those fg's were pull up three's in transition and another three came on a pick. He was held under his season average of 27.5 a game.

McCollum scored 6 of his 21 vs. Green, and everybody in the game thread mentioned it, actually:lol..

J_Paco
11-12-2015, 01:51 AM
He has played well, so far, both individually and in his role, but he was pretty solid last November, as well IIRC..the test will be how his body reacts later in the season, and how he plays vs. good teams..

Reminds me of Jose Calderon with less 3s and more driving, so far..

After November is when the injuries began to mount and he allowed himself to get out of shape. He just needs to play intelligently within the framework of Pop's new scheme and hopefully stay healthy. His defense will never be back to a quality level, so people shouldn't complain about it anymore, while his play against quality teams will tell us a lot. I really only think a handful of teams can exploit him - Oklahoma City being the primary example due to Westbrook - successfully on both ends, but we'll see as the season progresses.

Kawhitstorm
11-12-2015, 01:58 AM
You still posting? Having a Serena fetish, a confirmed chode, and wanted to start a dick measuring podcast.

MVParker won't cuck you, quit being musty b

You got that right, I would cuck Porker rather than the other way around.:toast I saw you tried to steal Serena's cell but shitted your pants when she caught up to you:lmao You are learning you role as my bottom bitch just like your mistress Porker.

FYI: I got news from Pop that Kawhi isn't planning on replying to your fan mails:depressed

TheGreatYacht
11-12-2015, 02:16 AM
You got that right, I would cuck Porker rather than the other way around.:toast I saw you tried to steal Serena's cell but shitted your pants when she caught up to you:lmao You are learning you role as my bottom bitch just like your mistress Porker.

FYI: I got news from Pop that Kawhi isn't planning on replying to your fan mails:depressed
"Crickets" - crickets

Kawhitstorm
11-12-2015, 02:26 AM
"Crickets" - crickets

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Di9DBFoIR9M/hqdefault.jpg

HarlemHeat37
11-12-2015, 02:28 AM

:lmao..

apalisoc_9
11-12-2015, 02:53 AM

Slutter McGee
11-12-2015, 03:13 AM
wow, fucking faggots still shitting on parker despite him taking high percentage shots and not hurting the team. Every pointguard in the league is gonna get burned by Lillard at some point. Our point guard stops playing hero ball, and you dumbasses still shit on him. Fucking player fans all of you.

Mouth is Bleeding
11-12-2015, 06:50 AM
Parker Net Rating: 0.1

Patty Net Rating: 22.7

in case somebody doesn't know Net Rating is a team's point differential per 100 possessions. On a player level this statistic is the team's point differential per 100 possessions while he is on court.

Surely this can't go on. It's THE GLARING WEAKNESS of the team. Even when he isn't ruining way too much on offense which he didn't really in this game, at least not directly, his defense is abysmal and to have been this negative on a winning team with a good point differential is quite remarkable.

Patty needs to get more of his minutes. Maybe much more.

will_spurs
11-12-2015, 09:29 AM
Patty needs to get more of his minutes. Maybe much more.

Patty is only effective with Manu spoon-feeding him open 3s. That's why he's getting the minutes he's getting, with the 2nd unit. There's some balance to it all.

Overall right now the 1st unit is relatively inefficient, because LMA, Tim and Tony are adapting to a new role; and Kawhi is streaky and Green is listless. This will change.

The Spurs have 2 units for different reasons: one is slow-tempo (which is good to control the flow of the game against the opponent's stars--and this will become even more important at the end of the season and during the playoffs) and the other is up-tempo (with sharpshooters who can create separation against the opponent's bench).

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
11-12-2015, 09:37 AM
Patty is only effective with Manu spoon-feeding him open 3s. That's why he's getting the minutes he's getting, with the 2nd unit. There's some balance to it all.

Yet Mills had 8 assist the other night while playing most minutes with the Starters. Parker finally played the way he should have been playing last night, penetrating and LOOKING TO PASS FIRST. Had a season high in assist, at 5 believe it or not. He can easily avg 8 apg (even in 25 mpg), if he just continues to do this.

His defense is what it is. He has lost a step and as I mentioned earlier, great PGs like Lillard, Paul, Wall, Irving, etc. will continue to own Parker defensively. Parker just needs to be smarter on his rotation and adjust for his lost of speed. He needs to learn to compensate for his lost of recovery time on D.

cjw
11-12-2015, 10:17 AM
I'll live with Aminu and Henderson jump shots, though, they can have those, if they go in, they go in..

If you execute your game plan and a team is forced to settle with that, odds are in your favor that you'll beat a team four times out of seven. Not that the Spurs will make another trip to Portland this season either in the RS or postseason.

ChumpDumper
11-12-2015, 10:21 AM
Yet Mills had 8 assist the other night while playing most minutes with the Starters. Parker finally played the way he should have been playing last night, penetrating and LOOKING TO PASS FIRST. Had a season high in assist, at 5 believe it or not. He can easily avg 8 apg (even in 25 mpg), if he just continues to do this.
He had six assists against the Hornets. It's amazing how sloppy one side is with statistics.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
11-12-2015, 10:27 AM
He had six assists against the Hornets. It's amazing how sloppy one side is with statistics.

One off, so fire me. But still, it is better than the 3 apg he had in other games. Parker just needs to learn to pass of his penetration. This will actually get him much more open layups and jumpers. He is no longer quick enough to beat traps like he use to.

TD 21
11-12-2015, 07:35 PM
As I said in another post, we don't need a prime level Parker to be successful with this team, and my example was the modern repeat Lakers who had Derek Fisher as their starting PG, who was even worse on offense and defense than Parker (although he did provide 3 point shooting). Like those Lakers, these Spurs will be able to kill teams with their length, rebounding, post game, and mid range game. Even Parker seems to be doing better with the increased spacing LMA provides. The only concerns are dribble, dribble, dribble and his defense liabilities. I think he'll adjust the former and the latter can be masked with all the great defenders he has around him.

He's not the concern he was last year for me since he has to carry a much less load now with LMA being on the team.

Those Lakers teams won in a different era though. Not only was the game different, but the competition at the top of the West wasn't near what it is now.

The three-point shooting doesn't have to be what it's been in recent years, but it can't be as bad as it's been so far, either.

This is why, for all their efficiency, they have trouble open up and maintaining decent sized leads. The amount of turnovers doesn't help, but when you're last in the league getting to the line and don't get much in transition, it can't be compounded by poor three-point shooting.

dabom
11-12-2015, 07:36 PM
Will faggot and chumpfgggot. Just let it go already. Tony sucks.

will_spurs
11-15-2015, 06:34 PM
Patty is only effective with Manu spoon-feeding him open 3s.

Yet Mills had 8 assist the other night while playing most minutes with the Starters.

First game without Manu for Patty... ugly.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400828029

ChumpDumper
11-15-2015, 06:37 PM
Will faggot and chumpfgggot. Just let it go already. Tony sucks.You wouldn't know one way of the other.

You don't watch games.

Neurosis
11-15-2015, 08:55 PM
It's not even that Mills is better than Parker, he can just shoot 3s which is what the team needs from the PG position when our go-to guys on offense are both ISO forwards.

When you look at the teams Parker has flourished with (let's use 2007 Spurs for example), it was when we had dudes like Bowen, Horry, Finley and Barry on the team along with Manu.

At any point in time, with Tony and TD on the floor you still had 3 other guys spacing that 3pt line. In contrast LMA hasn't shown as a 3pt threat all season and Kawhi is drawing a tonne of defensive focus and Green is shooting awful currently.

If we're keeping Timmy, LMA and Kawhi on the floor together (our best 3 players) then you need 3pt threats at PG and SG. It's that simple. Mario Chalmers would be a better fit than Parker at PG purely because he's a 3pt threat.

Parker's skillset is built for an inside-out game in a team of 3pt shooters and low post bruisers. It's the perfect niche to put a player like Parker whose close-mid range game fits perfectly in that.

Now we've built a team of mid-range playmakers and shooters, so Parker is pointless with them. He's fine in any lineup just as long as you have no more than 2 of LMA/Whi/Timmy on the floor.

spurraider21
11-25-2015, 11:02 PM
might as well sticky this thread, tbh

Robz4000
11-25-2015, 11:05 PM
Really, really impressed with his play so far this season. If this Parker is here to stay, I like the Spurs' chances.

spurraider21
11-25-2015, 11:08 PM
Really, really impressed with his play so far this season. If this Parker is here to stay, I like the Spurs' chances.
still not worth his contract, but given that green/duncan are bargains, it should be good enough for now

ajh18
11-25-2015, 11:15 PM
Parker played well tonight, outside a stretch in the 3rd when he forced things a bit. He had a great first half though. I really like even Tony focuses on 3 basic things: (1) drive by his man to for a layup; (2) pick and pop with a big; (3) hit the spot up jumper off a pass. He's actually very good at getting LMA decent looks at jumpers off of picks. He struggled when he probes, doesn't get to the rim, and then tries to create.

Parker from the first half today is a good pg for this team.

spurraider21
11-25-2015, 11:17 PM
aka parker played a good game, so lets focus on the the stretch of a couple of minutes where he wasnt good

ajh18
11-25-2015, 11:19 PM
aka parker played a good game, so lets focus on the the stretch of a couple of minutes where he wasnt good

My comment wasn't about those few minutes. It was meant to convey that I thought Tony looked great tonight.

gilmor
11-26-2015, 02:36 AM
who gives a fuck.. Tony sucks... muahahaha

spurraider21
11-27-2015, 11:23 PM
might as well sticky this thread, tbh

siraulo23
11-29-2015, 03:25 PM
are we gonna ignore the fact that mvparker just shut down teague and held him to 6 points on 2-10 shooting and 4 turnovers? :downspin:

Mr Bones
11-29-2015, 03:37 PM
I understand the objective opinion that Parker is not the player he once was, but the hate schtick is just a ridiculous affectation... the guy is shooting 57% from the field and has a PER of 19.4. He's doing everything that's asked of him by the team, his ORtg, DRtg, and RPM are all vastly improved from last season, and his rank as a PG in the RPM has him at #24 in the league compared with #65 last year. How do you possibly find a negative in that? As a fan of the Spurs, you should be celebrating the fact that Parker has adjusted his play in exactly the way even his harshest critics have asked him to...

EVAY
11-29-2015, 04:50 PM
I understand the objective opinion that Parker is not the player he once was, but the hate schtick is just a ridiculous affectation... the guy is shooting 57% from the field and has a PER of 19.4. He's doing everything that's asked of him by the team, his ORtg, DRtg, and RPM are all vastly improved from last season, and his rank as a PG in the RPM has him at #24 in the league compared with #65 last year. How do you possibly find a negative in that? As a fan of the Spurs, you should be celebrating the fact that Parker has adjusted his play in exactly the way even his harshest critics have asked him to...

You have to realize that even when Parker WAS the 'player he once' was, there is/was a cadre of posters on ST who hated him, and it has now become a cult phenomenon. Some of the posters who continually hate on him do so because he is not Kawhi (Apo, Dabom), some because he was part of a sexting scandal with Erin Barry, some because they don't understand or even watch the games, and some because they want to be accepted as of an identifiable group (looking at you, Rob) that reinforce each other during threads.

No one who is an actual Team Fan hates him. It is impossible, as you point out, to continue the rants that took place last year with anything resembling rationality. Rationality has no place for the Apo, ("hope he breaks his ankle and never plays again") crowd. There is little point in engaging them, imo.

Mr Bones
11-29-2015, 05:59 PM
You have to realize that even when Parker WAS the 'player he once' was, there is/was a cadre of posters on ST who hated him, and it has now become a cult phenomenon. Some of the posters who continually hate on him do so because he is not Kawhi (Apo, Dabom), some because he was part of a sexting scandal with Erin Barry, some because they don't understand or even watch the games, and some because they want to be accepted as of an identifiable group (looking at you, Rob) that reinforce each other during threads.

No one who is an actual Team Fan hates him. It is impossible, as you point out, to continue the rants that took place last year with anything resembling rationality. Rationality has no place for the Apo, ("hope he breaks his ankle and never plays again") crowd. There is little point in engaging them, imo.

spurraider21
11-29-2015, 06:03 PM
he's still overpaid

ducks
11-29-2015, 06:19 PM
He can not tear up his contract Spurs have paid luxury tax
He is not the most overpaid on team

steeledl
11-29-2015, 06:25 PM
he's still overpaid

Lol 3rd best player in Spurs history? Still a great player. Deserves every dime

spurraider21
11-29-2015, 06:29 PM
Lol 3rd best player in Spurs history? Still a great player. Deserves every dime
duncan/robinson/gervin/manu all squarely ahead of him. kawhi is already better now than parker ever was.

and parker deserved the money when he was playing at that high level. he doesn't deserve that same money now

steeledl
11-29-2015, 06:32 PM
duncan/robinson/gervin/manu all squarely ahead of him. kawhi is already better now than parker ever was.

and parker deserved the money when he was playing at that high level. he doesn't deserve that same money now

Cant say I ever watched gervin but manu over Parker is just player fan talk. Ginobili was great for a few years but his longevity as an elite player wasn't close to parkers.

skulls138
11-29-2015, 06:40 PM
Cant say I ever watched gervin but manu over Parker is just player fan talk. Ginobili was great for a few years but his longevity as an elite player wasn't close to parkers.Maybe longevity, not even sure if thats even true, but Manus high points are higher.

And to comment on spurraider, Kawhi now being better than Parker ever was is debatable. Kawhis got him on D but not O.

dabom
11-29-2015, 06:41 PM
Tony over Manu. :lmao

spurraider21
11-29-2015, 06:49 PM
And to comment on spurraider, Kawhi now being better than Parker ever was is debatable. Kawhis got him on D but not O.

will_spurs
11-29-2015, 07:34 PM

When Kawhi finishes top 5 in MVP rankings (should be the case this year) he'll still have done only part of what Parker has done in his career. Kawhi's ceiling might be higher, but that story still remains to be written (and I sure hope it will). But right now we're comparing apples and oranges.

spurraider21
01-14-2016, 10:42 PM

SpursIndonesia
01-15-2016, 04:53 AM
The role of MVParker. :bobo