PDA

View Full Version : 22 shots a game in a Spurs system is murder

hater
10-29-2015, 08:20 AM
Even 20 shots a game for any single Spurs cog is way too much. What the fuck is Pop thinking tbqh.

Plus how the hell we gonna get LMAlpha into our system if someone is chucking shit after shot. And midrange shits that is. Not even layups or dunks. Smh

Lets hope this was an aberration because we have no chance in hell doing this shit.

DarrinS
10-29-2015, 08:22 AM
gay

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-29-2015, 08:23 AM
LMA couldn't do shit against Ibaka. No point in giving him more looks.

TXstbobcat
10-29-2015, 08:24 AM
I have no problem with Leonard taking 22 shots if he hits 59% of them like he did tonight.

hater
10-29-2015, 08:24 AM

So it seemed. But unless we can get LMAlpha out his funk we might as well tank the season.

And we are not getting him out of his funk by having a guy shoot all game imo

hater
10-29-2015, 08:25 AM
I have no problem with Leonard taking 22 shots if he hits 59% of them like he did tonight.

Kills the team system. I have no problem if this was not the spurs and we won the game.

Even in other teams 22 shots in a loss is bad business.

DarrinS
10-29-2015, 08:25 AM
OP thinks we're going to get destroyed by the Grizz this season

Meanwhile

http://www.nba.com/games/20151028/CLEMEM/gameinfo.html?ls=iref:nba:scoreboard

hater
10-29-2015, 08:26 AM
OP thinks we're going to get destroyed by the Grizz this season

Meanwhile

http://www.nba.com/games/20151028/CLEMEM/gameinfo.html?ls=iref:nba:scoreboard

We will if we have guys shooting 20+ shots a game.

Cavs are the best team in the league that Grizz loss means nothing.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
10-29-2015, 08:27 AM

What are you talking about. LMA was schooling Ibaka. LMA just missed like 5 shots within 5 feet of the basket. Spurs in total missed A LOT of LAYUPS. Kawhi missed two easy layups. Parker missed one. West missed two. It really came down that OKC shots fell the Spurs didn't. There was a time in the 3rd quarter they missed 3 straight layups that just rimmed out.

HarlemHeat37
10-29-2015, 08:28 AM
If you guys are going to continue with this copycat anti-Kawhi shtick, you need to stop referring to Aldridge as an alpha, tbh:lol..he's far from it..

diego
10-29-2015, 08:48 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=2012&year_max=2016&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=SAS&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&round_id=&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=fga&c1comp=gt&c1val=20&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=fga

huh, in the past 4 seasons, Tony parker has done that 31 times (high of 29), tim duncan 14 times, mills 4 times, blair, neal, green, manu, leonard, blair and diaw once. And yet I dont recall any concern from Hater, puzzling.

Kool Bob Love
10-29-2015, 08:53 AM

sa_butta
10-29-2015, 09:07 AM
I thought the system was to give the ball to the person who has the hot hand. We were shooting well and being agressive,
I have no problem with taking that many shots. And this was not a reason we lost the game IMO.

kawhidoyoudothistome
10-29-2015, 09:13 AM
All on the piss poor rebounding by the bench tbh. No Boban = no title /

Brazil
10-29-2015, 09:32 AM
:lol silly thread

the number of FGA is never an issue in any system... what matters is the quality of the attempts. Kawhi took mostly good shots all night long, he chose wisely his iso actions, made KD work which is key... nothing to complain about Kawhi overall shot selection...

cherry on the cake he dialed 59% of them... it's all good

kawhidoyoudothistome
10-29-2015, 09:35 AM

the number of FGA is never an issue in any system... what matters is the quality of the attempts. Kawhi took mostly good shots all night long, he chose wisely his iso actions, made KD work which is key... nothing to complain about Kawhi overall shot selection...

Loved his aggressiveness. Looked like a bulldozer out there, even against bigger foes. Gonna be a joy to watch Muscles Leonard wreak havoc on Bosh-sized bigs.

Brazil
10-29-2015, 09:39 AM
Loved his aggressiveness. Looked like a bulldozer out there, even against bigger foes. Gonna be a joy to watch Muscles Leonard wreak havoc on Bosh-sized bigs.

Kawhi's aggressiveness on Offense is gonna be key for this team, he cannot go back at being a spot up shooter in this system. Pop will surely push him to be aggressive every game, he has to ask for the ball, drive, move, shoot, post up... I'd be totally fine with 18-20 FGAs per game.

Team just need to be careful to give LMA his share in Offense too.

These two need to be aggressive for Spurs to succeed

tmtcsc
10-29-2015, 09:40 AM
Spurs lost this game at the FT line and because of poor rebounding. They were out-rebounded 36-45 and out-scored by 10 pts from the line. Simple as that. Westbrook blew past everyone guarding him too. My thoughts? We kill them at home because our bench will play much better. Their bench (Waiters hit clutch shots and Morrow nailed big 3's) was a big difference too.

Spurs will get past OKC without any problems. I guarantee you KD doesn't want to see Leonard ever again.

hater
10-29-2015, 09:41 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=2012&year_max=2016&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=SAS&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&round_id=&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=fga&c1comp=gt&c1val=20&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=fga

huh, in the past 4 seasons, Tony parker has done that 31 times (high of 29), tim duncan 14 times, mills 4 times, blair, neal, green, manu, leonard, blair and diaw once. And yet I dont recall any concern from Hater, puzzling.

Parker won 27 out of those 33 games. Also he averaged about 8 assists per game in that clip. Sure Parker was shooting a lot but he was also getting his team involved in a HUGE way.

That is much better than being 0-1 with ZERO assists. Come on now it's not even close. not to mention most of Parker's shots were in the paint. not long 2 pt chucks. not to mention we had not Lamarcus Alpharidge back then. come on now.

kawhidoyoudothistome
10-29-2015, 09:41 AM
Kawhi's aggressiveness on Offense is gonna be key for this team, he cannot go back at being a spot up shooter in this system. Pop will surely push him to be aggressive every game, he has to ask for the ball, drive, move, shoot, post up... I'd be totally fine with 18-20 FGAs per game.

Team just need to be careful to give LMA his share in Offense too.

These two need to be aggressive for Spurs to succeed
It looked like LMA didn't really want to "get in the way" so to speak. First game jitters. I'm sure next few games we'll see a more confident, aggressive LMA. Kawhi needs that sidekick.

hater
10-29-2015, 09:42 AM
22 shots and zero assists won't cut it. we all know this. let's try to face the facts

hater
10-29-2015, 09:45 AM

I'm glad Kawhi sees this. I hope Pop sees this too and instructs the young man into a better strategy :tu

hater
10-29-2015, 09:50 AM

the number of FGA is never an issue in any system...

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/110.png

Agloco
10-29-2015, 09:51 AM

That's not the norm though. He usually owns Serge but we weren't doing a good job of getting him the ball in his "spots". That needs to change real quick.

DarrinS
10-29-2015, 09:57 AM
Pretty sure we get blown out if Kawhi didn't play like that last night.

TXstbobcat
10-29-2015, 10:00 AM

Agree with this. He shot 59% and played great defense against KD.

james evans
10-29-2015, 10:03 AM
he shot 59% . I don't care if he took 70 shots. The next time u mention those 22 shots,don't forget to mention he shot 59%. Thanks in advance

james evans
10-29-2015, 10:05 AM
I'm glad Kawhi sees this. I hope Pop sees this too and instructs the young man into a better strategy :tu
so you think kawai should just clear out on the permiter and let parker either turn the ball over or miss shots? that would have been a better strategy last night?

james evans
10-29-2015, 10:06 AM
That's not the norm though. He usually owns Serge but we weren't doing a good job of getting him the ball in his "spots". That needs to change real quick.
i have an idea. A certain player should be with the 2nd squad or waived. Easy fix

LongtimeSpursFan
10-29-2015, 10:11 AM

Kawhi is not as dumb as he looks.

TheDoctor
10-29-2015, 10:11 AM
Even 20 shots a game for any single Spurs cog is way too much. What the fuck is Pop thinking tbqh.

Plus how the hell we gonna get LMAlpha into our system if someone is chucking shit after shot. And midrange shits that is. Not even layups or dunks. Smh

Lets hope this was an aberration because we have no chance in hell doing this shit.

For your mental health forget about 2014 Spurs. 2014 Spursball is gone. It was gone as soon we signed LMA and gave Kawhi top dog status. Most likely you'll see the bench running it while LMA and Kawhi are resting. With the starters you'll see a lot more of a hybrid between post ups and motion. C'mon dude, you should know that by this date. Stop whining like a little boy.

MVPCues
10-29-2015, 10:27 AM
I have no problem with the 22 shots. Hater is overblowing that. 59% is awesome. I do agree that 0 assists is a fail. By the time he established himself and was demanding attention there should have been some opportunities for his teammates to get a few easy buckets. I think it is a fail that fixes itself though. I don't think 32 points and 0 assists from Kawhi happens again.

I thought it was a very good game.

Brazil
10-29-2015, 10:29 AM

:rolleyes number of FGAs is not an issue per say, quality of these FGAs is... kobe is known to take bad shots after shots... dat was not the case of Kawhi last night

Brazil
10-29-2015, 10:30 AM
lol remove kawhis 22 shots, and this be a blowout win for okc, when the spurs couldnt even buy a basket...

porker fans, actually where was porker tonight? im certain he also want to chuck

try just once to have a bb take without mentioning Parker... not sure you are capable of, take it as a challenge

Seventyniner
10-29-2015, 10:32 AM
I knew this, like most others, would be a schtick thread. Still, the system is going to change because the personnel have changed.

Brazil
10-29-2015, 10:34 AM
It looked like LMA didn't really want to "get in the way" so to speak. First game jitters. I'm sure next few games we'll see a more confident, aggressive LMA. Kawhi needs that sidekick.

Agreed, it seems he is getting used to his new team mates and did not want to force anything right now which is positive imo... but as you said you need a more aggressive LMA. I'm not sure about the sidekick concept but these two should lead Spurs in scoring and fgas by a good margin

SuperCam
10-29-2015, 10:37 AM
0 assists... spectrum mfer didn't pass the ball :bang

KDKSpurs24
10-29-2015, 11:11 AM
This is dumb. Why does everyone always look at offense? Offense was not a huge problem. This game was lost on the defensive end.
Also why discredit a guy that gave 100% on both offense AND defense? 22 shots from a player is not a big deal when the player isn't taking plays off on the defensive end.

Also i'm tired of people talking about 0 assist. I don't care what anyone says but assists can be overrated. Do you forget that an assist takes two people to finish the play? Doesn't mean a player didn't pass the ball, it means that the player he passed it to missed the shot (or made the extra pass).

hater
10-29-2015, 11:13 AM
Assists is has and will always be.the Spurs bread and butter.

Our offense was totally lost. Our D was actually pretty good in the 2nd half.

ElNono
10-29-2015, 11:22 AM
I think the misplaced idea is that the "Spurs system" this season will continue to be what it was the last couple of years. Now we apparently have a guy or two that you can give the ball to and ask them to score, much like when the Spurs used to run "4-down" a lot in the prime Timmy years. Back then it was also the "Spurs system", but it looked a lot different, including a ton of touches for specific players.

Fans are just going to have to adjust to the new team realities, tbh...

Also, there's no reason to complain about the offense with a brand new team that dropped 106 points on the road against a top 5 team in the league

hater
10-29-2015, 11:24 AM

A loss is still a loss.

I'm pretty sure if Kawhi trades 5 of his shots with assists we win.

loveforthegame
10-29-2015, 11:25 AM

Summed up perfectly.

He was aggressive all night long. He mixed it up too. And best of all is that his defense never suffered because of the offensive display.

Kikoluna
10-29-2015, 11:30 AM
Nice:bobo

Kikoluna
10-29-2015, 11:32 AM
Truth is we lost because Parker took Leonards 23rd and 24th shot

hater
10-29-2015, 11:35 AM
LOL ppl thinking Pop is going to throw away his system because we landed Lamarcus

DarrinS
10-29-2015, 11:40 AM
A loss is still a loss.

I'm pretty sure if Kawhi trades 5 of his shots with assists we win.

Pretty sure we don't

UNT Eagles 2016
10-29-2015, 01:33 PM
i have an idea. A certain player should be with the 2nd squad or waived. Easy fix
Aldridge played like a quivering pink vagina on offense. Single coverage all night, refused to back his man into the deep post and just shot horribly poor-percentage long fadeaways or passed it back out. We didn't bring him here to be Jackie Butler.

TheGreatYacht
10-29-2015, 01:35 PM
Great observation OP. What happened to the posters who claimed this dude was an elite passer? Did their internet go out?

Kawhobe Bryonard avi incoming

UNT Eagles 2016
10-29-2015, 01:36 PM
For your mental health forget about 2014 Spurs. 2014 Spursball is gone. It was gone as soon we signed LMA and gave Kawhi top dog status. Most likely you'll see the bench running it while LMA and Kawhi are resting. With the starters you'll see a lot more of a hybrid between post ups and motion. C'mon dude, you should know that by this date. Stop whining like a little boy.
Agree 100%, we're now in the "First Round Fodder Heroball with A Guest Appearance From The Ghost of TD" era.

Mr Bones
10-29-2015, 02:29 PM
I'm hoping a month into the season that both LMA & Kawhi are averaging about 17 shots per game...

dweaver99027
10-29-2015, 02:36 PM

22 shots a game are fine when you make 13 of them. You know, basketball.

z0sa
10-29-2015, 02:39 PM
The offense was not the issue last night. The problem was West and Diaw getting bullied on the glass.

SuperCam
10-29-2015, 02:40 PM
Great observation OP. What happened to the posters who claimed this dude was an elite passer? Did their internet go out?

Kawhobe Bryonard avi incoming

Let's see it my nig :tu

dabom
10-29-2015, 02:41 PM
Same fucking person. Lmao.

DarrinS
10-29-2015, 02:41 PM
The offense was not the issue last night. The problem was West and Diaw getting bullied on the glass.

True, but that critique doesn't have any "Kawhi" in it, so it doesn't meet OP's agenda.

hater
10-29-2015, 03:07 PM
Kanter did go Gobert on us. WTF this scrub sucked all last season and looked like Charles Barkley out there smh

manu2timdynasty
10-29-2015, 03:11 PM
So it seemed. But unless we can get LMAlpha out his funk we might as well tank the season.

And we are not getting him out of his funk by having a guy shoot all game imo

HATER...
http://s13.postimg.org/vns5l6547/IMG_20151029_150500.jpg

james evans
10-29-2015, 03:12 PM
i never thought I'd see the day someone shooting 59% getting criticized :lol

Chinook
10-29-2015, 03:41 PM
Shit, Hater thinks Kawhi's taking too many shots. I take back everything I ever said about his ability to carry the offense.

Kawhi for scoring champion?:wow

spursmvp
10-29-2015, 04:03 PM
:rolleyes number of FGAs is not an issue per say, quality of these FGAs is... kobe is known to take bad shots after shots... dat was not the case of Kawhi last night

This guy also has the same # of titles as the "spurs system" with all his "bad shots".

Brazil
10-29-2015, 07:33 PM
This guy also has the same # of titles as the "spurs system" with all his "bad shots".

:lol as a sidekick with prime shaq and pau..

diego
10-29-2015, 09:40 PM
Parker won 27 out of those 33 games. Also he averaged about 8 assists per game in that clip. Sure Parker was shooting a lot but he was also getting his team involved in a HUGE way.

That is much better than being 0-1 with ZERO assists. Come on now it's not even close. not to mention most of Parker's shots were in the paint. not long 2 pt chucks. not to mention we had not Lamarcus Alpharidge back then. come on now.

as usual, you either cant read or twist stats. The team was 22-9 in my link, not 27-6, and though he did average 8 apg, he didnt contribute on the boards and defense the way leonard does. It should go without saying for the positions they play that leonard will never have assist totals like tony, just like tony will never average rebounds, steals and blocks like leonard.

furthermore leonard is not 0-1, he is 1-1. And though I would have liked to see the team go to aldridge more last night (which should be the coach and point guards responsibility, not the SF, but Im sure will happen over the course of the season), Ill let you know that in the last 10 years parker has taken more than 20 shots 91 times to duncan's 62 and manu's 19. making it out to be some terrible affront to spurs basketball to take 20+ shots when parker is your favorite player is just stupid, but i guess thats par for the course round here these days, sad as it is to see veterans stooping to the same fanboy newb "schtick" bullshit. it was bullshit ten years ago and its bullshit now.

anyways, if it really is about constructive criticism for kawhi, i can agree he should shoot less J's and go to the rack a lot lot more. At some point last night I was thinking how much better kawhi would be if he attacked the basket like prime manu, especially after getting steals and blocks he should be going straight to the cup. that enormous block on durant, half of the energy of that play was lost because of the J he bricked on the ensuing possession (dont get me started on danny's double dribble, that should have been a kawhi hammer to shut that crowd up). And if leonard / aldridge is going to work it seems to me their best template is 05-08 duncan and manu, leonard has to learn to take advantage of aldridge, last night it felt like he never even tried to start a two man game with lma and that is simply what needs to happen, aldridge is too good and too expensive to use like a role player.

Mikeanaro
10-29-2015, 09:49 PM
When the Pork was taking that many shots OP wasnt sad.

TheGreatYacht
10-29-2015, 09:53 PM
Let's see it my nig :tu

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/12191520_120268068333495_7897605276903390214_n.jpg ?oh=f74c8910036c0d82534b39c275b3952f&oe=56B57991
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/l/t1.0-9/12191019_120268428333459_5659693524186878578_n.jpg ?oh=45f8d115f548e45700708c50924bf8a0&oe=56BE4B8F

SuperCam
10-29-2015, 10:02 PM
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/12191520_120268068333495_7897605276903390214_n.jpg ?oh=f74c8910036c0d82534b39c275b3952f&oe=56B57991
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/l/t1.0-9/12191019_120268428333459_5659693524186878578_n.jpg ?oh=45f8d115f548e45700708c50924bf8a0&oe=56BE4B8F

:wow

:lol:rollin

Fkn got 'em :lmao

SupremeGuy
10-29-2015, 10:41 PM
The anti-Kawhi krew is just fucking sad now, tbh. :lol

hater
10-29-2015, 10:44 PM
:lmao anti kawhi. Sensitive bitch ass player fans

All I'm saying is Pops system requires team ball to be successful. I love Kawhi and wish him the best. Yes he is our best player but if he's going to pull a Kobe this season we might as well tank for a good lottery pick.

:lol short retarded bus

hater
10-29-2015, 10:49 PM
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah

:lol you gotta be a retard to think I'm gonna read all that shit. Already destroyed your premise by telling you Parker had 8 assists per game. Sorry bro

100%duncan
10-29-2015, 10:56 PM
Par for the course for hater

SuperCam
10-29-2015, 11:00 PM
You kiwitards think the ends justify the means just because the ball happened to go into the basket when Kiwi chucked it last night, passing be damned.

Same exact logic the kobestans use, tbh.

Kobestans think a game like this is really great:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201101300LAL.html

Kobe chucks it up 29 times on a good field goal percentage, and like Kiwi last night finishes with zero dimes. Good game, right kiwitards? Nope, just like the chucking by Kiwi resulted in the loss last night, Lakers took the loss.

Ball movement is everything in the beautiful game. Kiwi shitted all over spurs ethos last night :bang

TheGreatYacht
10-29-2015, 11:01 PM
:lmao anti kawhi. Sensitive bitch ass player fans

All I'm saying is Pops system requires team ball to be successful. I love Kawhi and wish him the best, but if he's going to pull a Kobe this season we might as well tank for a good lottery pick.

:lol short retarded bus

TheGreatYacht
10-29-2015, 11:03 PM
You kiwitards think the ends justify the means just because the ball happened to go into the basket when Kiwi chucked it last night, passing be damned.

Same exact logic the kobestans use, tbh.

Kobestans think a game like this is really great:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201101300LAL.html

Kobe chucks it up 29 times on a good field goal percentage, and like Kiwi last night finishes with zero dimes. Good game, right kiwitards? Nope, just like the chucking by Kiwi resulted in the loss last night, Lakers took the loss.

Ball movement is everything in the beautiful game. Kiwi shitted all over spurs ethos last night :bang
Boom.

DarrinS
10-29-2015, 11:07 PM
Bitter bitch krew putting in work tonight. :lmao

Kool Bob Love
10-29-2015, 11:08 PM

:lmao
I ocjenxjend jsd de oejd oejd of

SuperCam
10-29-2015, 11:08 PM
Boom.

Great avie, tbh :tu

DarrinS
10-29-2015, 11:09 PM
Bitter bitch krew putting in work tonight. :lmao

hater
10-29-2015, 11:12 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Kawhi gets assists tomorrow yes that's plural. Assists. And we win the game.

I'm gonna make sure to bump this when it happens tomorrow. The kid will fix this tomorrow. Love this kid he just needs guidance.

TheGreatYacht
10-29-2015, 11:12 PM
Great avie, tbh :tu

:lmao
I ocjenxjend jsd de oejd oejd of
"Since I'm from California, I fell in love with the NBA watching the Lakers play. I started paying attention to Shaq & Kobe, and just trying to take all the aspects of their games into my own" - Kawhi Leonard at 1:00 of this video

http://youtu.be/JOFyCc0k_hI

Kobe's selfishness, Shaq's free throw ability in the playoffs. This man got it all!

DarrinS
10-29-2015, 11:14 PM
Why is Danny getting shitted on by everyone for taking that shot? Wasn't it obvious someone actually drew that? :lol

Pop don't show up until late in the season.

:lol

Kool Bob Love
10-29-2015, 11:15 PM
"Since I'm from California, I fell in love with the NBA watching the Lakers play. I started paying attention to Shaq & Kobe, and just trying to take all the aspects of their games into my own" - Kawhi Leonard at 1:00 of this video

http://youtu.be/JOFyCc0k_hI

Kobe's selfishness, Shaq's free throw ability in the playoffs. This man got it all!

Great find TGY.

SuperCam
10-29-2015, 11:19 PM

:wow:wow:wow

this mfer is a kobestan wearing our own silver and black. :bang

1000 posts :hat

DarrinS
10-29-2015, 11:19 PM
Retarded housewives club :lol

hater, TGY, KoolBob, SuperCam

Keep up the circle jerk. :lol

SuperCam
10-29-2015, 11:20 PM
this spectrum mfer has a poster of kobe in his bedroom. has to, tbh

TheGreatYacht
10-29-2015, 11:21 PM

Great find TGY.
Thanks bro :tu

The signs were there all along. 1.8APG for his career...

TheGreatYacht
10-29-2015, 11:26 PM
One of the board's MVPosters.

Congrats fam

Kawhitstorm
10-29-2015, 11:28 PM
this spectrum mfer has a poster of kobe in his bedroom. has to, tbh

You definitely have no life & haven't accomplished anything in your life besides trolling message boards......but then you're a Carolina bamma who live w/ his grandma

dabom
10-29-2015, 11:29 PM
Retarded housewives club :lol

hater, TGY, KoolBob, SuperCam

Keep up the circle jerk. :lol

That's max 2 people. :lmao

Kool Bob Love
10-29-2015, 11:30 PM
:wow:wow:wow

this mfer is a kobestan wearing our own silver and black. :bang

glad I got to witness this. Congrats. :tu

Kool Bob Love
10-29-2015, 11:31 PM
You definitely have no life & haven't accomplished anything in your life besides trolling message boards......but then you're a Carolina bamma who live w/ his grandma

Easliy the worst poster this year tbh fwiw IMO

SAGirl
10-29-2015, 11:32 PM
I think the misplaced idea is that the "Spurs system" this season will continue to be what it was the last couple of years. Now we apparently have a guy or two that you can give the ball to and ask them to score, much like when the Spurs used to run "4-down" a lot in the prime Timmy years. Back then it was also the "Spurs system", but it looked a lot different, including a ton of touches for specific players.

Fans are just going to have to adjust to the new team realities, tbh...

Also, there's no reason to complain about the offense with a brand new team that dropped 106 points on the road against a top 5 team in the league
Agree with you on this. We need to get LMA rolling too though. We are not going to win much without him fully engaged, Kawhi is obviously not going to have the hot hand at that rate every night. LMA is not going to be that subdued every time, and shoot that poorly. I want the big man to get going as well. If that means these two top dogs are going to get the lion's share so be it. They need to run stuff between them as well.

Kawhi absolutely beasted last night and this game is not on him. If anything LMA needs to get rolling too. He can probably play with the bench a few minutes bc they need a big man there too. (West at 5 is not it!) When these two start dominating as a tandem everyone else will feast TBH.

Mikeanaro
10-29-2015, 11:33 PM
That's max 2 people. :lmao
And that is too much, 3 of them would be like 12 alts.

dabom
10-29-2015, 11:34 PM
And that is too much, 3 of them would be like 12 alts.

There is a cancer in this forum. Lets cut the alts please. :lmao

Kawhitstorm
10-29-2015, 11:40 PM
Easliy the worst poster this year tbh fwiw IMO

That can't be anything less that a compliment coming from turd like you.

Kool Bob Love
10-29-2015, 11:42 PM
That can't be anything less that a compliment coming from turd like you.

Go to sleep clown. You doing to much.

Kawhitstorm
10-29-2015, 11:43 PM
Go to sleep clown. You doing to much.

Someone has their diapers in bunches, you aren't even a good enough troll so log off fam.

Kool Bob Love
10-29-2015, 11:45 PM
Someone has their diapers in bunches, you aren't even a good enough troll so log off fam.

Comebacks weak. Pathetic.

Kawhitstorm
10-29-2015, 11:56 PM
Comebacks weak. Pathetic.

Do you think I give 2 fucks about what a turd like you thinks about me?:lmao......you probably throw a fit every hour while screaming at the monitor.

Kool Bob Love
10-29-2015, 11:57 PM
Do you think I give 2 fucks about what a turd like you thinks about me?:lmao......you probably throw a fit every hour while screaming at the monitor.

:sleep

Kawhitstorm
10-30-2015, 01:00 AM
:sleep

Bye bitch, you won't be missed

apalisoc_9
10-30-2015, 02:24 AM
Agree with you on this. We need to get LMA rolling too though. We are not going to win much without him fully engaged, Kawhi is obviously not going to have the hot hand at that rate every night. LMA is not going to be that subdued every time, and shoot that poorly. I want the big man to get going as well. If that means these two top dogs are going to get the lion's share so be it. They need to run stuff between them as well.

Kawhi absolutely beasted last night and this game is not on him. If anything LMA needs to get rolling too. He can probably play with the bench a few minutes bc they need a big man there too. (West at 5 is not it!) When these two start dominating as a tandem everyone else will feast TBH.

That's the problem with Aldridge and Why Kawhi is a tier above him as a player as many knowledge journalist agree with.

Aldridge needs to be feed the ball so he's engaged. Kawhi regardless if he's getting touches or not is trying to help the team win to the best of his ability.

If Aldridge can't contribute when he's not getting the ball, he's going to be a major liability. He needs to learn how to contribute without the ball.

Aldridge needs to fit in...

SAGirl
10-30-2015, 05:06 AM
That's the problem with Aldridge and Why Kawhi is a tier above him as a player as many knowledge journalist agree with.

Aldridge needs to be feed the ball so he's engaged. Kawhi regardless if he's getting touches or not is trying to help the team win to the best of his ability.

If Aldridge can't contribute when he's not getting the ball, he's going to be a major liability. He needs to learn how to contribute without the ball.

Aldridge needs to fit in...
Its a good point if you mean on defense.

Offensively, though its a more delicate, balanced issue.

Its different for Kawhi because he has played with these guys for the 4 years prior of his young career and this system was already being tailored to him since last season, when by the way he wasn't consistently an offensive beast. It was a process for him as well, and everyone else around him. With some off nights, some chucking nights, some bad decisions here and there, some good and then some awesome games, and some nights when others didn't know when to be aggressive and when to defer to him either. Kawhi didn't at times know when to pass to others and when to take things for his own either. Its was process to find a balance to hone in on decision making and shot selection and it was a process that already started for him last year.

LMA can't come in with Kawhi's mentality. What he was doing previously got him here, and he's skilled, but he's the newcomer and its a new system and he's coming in with the mind to fit in, which means he's still honing his own decision making, when to defer and when to not, when to pass and when to be aggressive for himself. He's already fit in many ways that are subtle but you can recognize it if you know where to look. His presence in the game made Ibaka play him closely, and opened up things for others. He makes life easier for others by really drawing the attention of the best defensive big. For that to hold up though, he needs to get it going offensively. He's been hesitating on what to do, unsure when to shoot freely because he doesn't want to be chucking, and seems to be looking to pass, basically being in a deferential note unless the team gives him the ball in a post up in which case he knows its meant for him to shoot it unless he's doubled and he can pass out of double teams well enough.

It's kind of unnatural for an offensive player to play in that unsure state. I don't think anyone can get in a rhythm like that. You are basically waiting for others to give you a cue to be aggressive, and he's not helping us that way. Even Kawhi would be out of rhythm if he had to look to others to know when to shoot and when not to.

Anyway, its a process. He's got to get more comfortable by basically being more aggressive, and getting fed the ball initially is probably the fast track to that. He's got to get comfortable and then at that point, he probably won't even need to do too much as once he's comfortable it will come more naturally. Just like it is for Kawhi. At the beginning it also felt quite forced TBH although you won't recognize it, but it started to get more comfortable, natural and now he doesn't have to look at anybody to know what needs to be done.

hater
10-30-2015, 07:12 AM
Agree with many of the points above good stuff guys.

If kawhi keeps playing at the level of game 1 he's easily out best player and a top 10 in the league, closer to top 5. That does not mean he needs to jack up 22 shots and gize out zero dimes. We are working for a title after all, not an MVP trophy.

Agree we Lamarcus is new to the team and it will take time and his game requires him to be fed the ball a lot. That's just the way it is and well have to adjust to him.

I also agree there is a problem with our backup big lineup. I don't think West and Diaw fit well together.

hater
10-30-2015, 07:16 AM
IMO it should be Lamarcus(PF), Diaw(C) and backed up by Duncan(C), West(PF) or even Lamarcus and West starting.

I will analyze more games before formulating a final solution. I just don't see Duncan Lamar is and west diaw working for us.

ElNono
10-30-2015, 07:52 AM

Yeah, I agree. It's just going to be a process for LMA to pick his spots, see what we're running, and I'm glad Kawhi picked up the slack for him somewhat. But it's going to happen, IMO, we're just going to be more reliant on those two (excellent) players.

It's obviously a big change considering how reliant we've been in more of a team game.

Expert
10-30-2015, 09:38 AM
Spurs lost this game at the FT line and because of poor rebounding. They were out-rebounded 36-45 and out-scored by 10 pts from the line. Simple as that. Westbrook blew past everyone guarding him too. My thoughts? We kill them at home because our bench will play much better. Their bench (Waiters hit clutch shots and Morrow nailed big 3's) was a big difference too.

Spurs will get past OKC without any problems. I guarantee you KD doesn't want to see Leonard ever again.

You have to dismiss intentional fouls and those don't only occur in the final seconds of the game. Often a guy will foul a shooter so he has to "earn" the points (odd they say that then the next sentence they say "charity stripe").

So I don't care so much for the FT disparity. What I do care about is the boneheaded plays that aren't Spurs basketball, but even then, so what? It's basically extended training camp.

TheGreatYacht
10-30-2015, 10:35 PM
:wakeup

Team wins thanks to the second half given by Parker, LMA, Duncan, Manu, Green, Diaw & Boban. No thanks to Kawhobe. 6-16, 1AST, 4TO's

SuperCam
10-30-2015, 10:40 PM
:wakeup

Team wins thanks to the second half given by Parker, LMA, Duncan, Manu, Green, Diaw & Boban. No thanks to Kawhobe. 6-16, 1AST, 4TO's

1:7 assist to turnover ratio this season so far... very concerning, tbh

dabom
10-30-2015, 10:41 PM
KAwhi the number 1 option and DPOY mixed in one. :lmao

TheGreatYacht
10-30-2015, 10:43 PM
1:7 assist to turnover ratio this season so far... very concerning, tbh
What a coincedence that the half where Kawhi does his ISO crap is the same one the team is losing in. Shit was so bad even Diaz was starting to see the light...

SuperCam
10-30-2015, 10:57 PM
What a coincedence that the half where Kawhi does his ISO crap is the same one the team is losing in. Shit was so bad even Diaz was starting to see the light...

Pop reigned in Kawhobe and spurs went on their run. Hopefully lesson learned, tbh

TheGreatYacht
10-30-2015, 10:59 PM
Pop reigned in Kawhobe and spurs went on their run. Hopefully lesson learned, tbh
Kyle didn't do shit this game, but him playing over Kawhi might've saved the Spurs from going 0-2