PDA

View Full Version : First Take Crew Discuss Spurs/OKC Game

BillMc
10-29-2015, 11:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZLzBUUWP0A

RGMCSE
10-29-2015, 12:29 PM
I was kind of afraid to watch this as I was anticipating screaming a smith to proclaim the Spurs done after one game. To my surprise they were complimentary of Westbrook and kawhi. But I think the fact that Screaming a smith didn't mention anything about the Spurs loss spoke volumes. I think he knows that when the Spurs get rhythm and our new players adjust its going to be a bitch to play the Spurs.

SPURt
10-29-2015, 01:44 PM
They flamed Danny pretty hard lol! Skip - "The worst shot ever taken by a Popovich player" lol!

SPURt
10-29-2015, 01:45 PM
Also talking about Dion Waiters like him hitting clutch shots is an overall good thing. Last night's game winners by Waiters just gives him more games to lose for OKC. Dude is a chucker.

BillMc
10-29-2015, 01:47 PM
They flamed Danny pretty hard lol! Skip - "The worst shot ever taken by a Popovich player" lol!

Danny is Stephen A's new "Tiago Splitter"

TheGreatYacht
10-29-2015, 01:48 PM
Why is Danny getting shitted on by everyone for taking that shot? Wasn't it obvious someone actually drew that? :lol

Pop don't show up until late in the season.

SpursforSix
10-29-2015, 01:50 PM
Why is Danny getting shitted on by everyone for taking that shot? Wasn't it obvious someone actually drew that? :lol

LOL.

Pop: "guys...run around until Danny can get the ball. Danny...get a shot off no matter what. Got it? Break!"

Sean Cagney
10-29-2015, 01:52 PM

Pop don't show up until late in the season.Yes Pop drew that up, someone on another thread during the game said that is not on Pop when I said that is what he drew up? I don't know how the hell it is not on him if he drew that play up out of a time out? Still shot was taken way too early anyways and it was a horrible look.

Chinook
10-29-2015, 01:54 PM
LOL.

Pop: "guys...run around until Danny can get the ball. Danny...get a shot off no matter what. Got it? Break!"

It did cause the defense to scramble. My guess is Pop was like, "If he makes it, we win. If he doesn't we have the rebound." He didn't have it, though. I would have screened with LMA instead, since they have to respect Aldridge's outside shot more than Duncan's.

Chinook
10-29-2015, 01:54 PM
Yes Pop drew that up, someone on another thread during the game said that is not on Pop when I said that is what he drew up? I don't know how the hell it is not on him if he drew that play up out of a time out? Still shot was taken way too early anyways and it was a horrible look.

It wasn't a bad look. It was a bad plan to have a cold Green shoot it. If that had been Patty, it would have been a fine shot.

BillMc
10-29-2015, 01:59 PM
Since it is isn't worth its own thread, here's the ESPN crew getting on LMA:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:14001089

Gotta love the media.

TheGreatYacht
10-29-2015, 02:01 PM
Yes Pop drew that up, someone on another thread during the game said that is not on Pop when I said that is what he drew up? I don't know how the hell it is not on him if he drew that play up out of a time out? Still shot was taken way too early anyways and it was a horrible look.
I don't think the play was that bad, Green inbounded it and ran behind the screener, Green was just cold IMO.

What gets me mad though is how Pop is always pulling Green's leash when he's on fire and plays him under 20 minutes, but when he's colder than ice he keeps him in the whole 4th and draws up that last play for him :lol

Kanter wasn't abused once yesterday when Aldridge was on the floor, and Pop finally called LMA's number when Ibaka was on him late in the game. Just careless coaching all around.

Amuseddaysleeper
10-29-2015, 02:04 PM
Do they bash the Spurs outside of Danny? Will have to watch it when I'm home from work.

Sean Cagney
10-29-2015, 02:04 PM
It wasn't a bad look. It was a bad plan to have a cold Green shoot it. If that had been Patty, it would have been a fine shot.
Yes, I wondered why he had Danny take that shot of all people at the end? I agree on Patty.
I don't think the play was that bad, Green inbounded it and ran behind the screener, Green was just cold IMO.

What gets me mad though is how Pop is always pulling Green's leash when he's on fire and plays him under 20 minutes, but when he's colder than ice he keeps him in the whole 4th and draws up that last play for him :lol

Kanter wasn't abused once yesterday when Aldridge was on the floor, and Pop finally called LMA's number when Ibaka was on him late in the game. Just careless coaching all around.
Love Pop but his methods to his madness make no damn sense at times, agreed.

10-29-2015, 02:22 PM
Skip's been reading ST lol Danny on Westbrook is mainstream now

TheGreatYacht
10-29-2015, 02:28 PM
Love Pop but his methods to his madness make no damn sense at times, agreed.
Maybe he wasn't trying to give out all our secrets? (As obvious as they are) :lol

toki9
10-29-2015, 02:43 PM

From Jeff McDonald's wrap up:

"The last of their miscues came out of a timeout with 21.4 seconds left. Down by two, the Spurs found each of their first two options on the ensuing play covered – 1A and 1B were Leonard and Aldridge – and so Green ended up with the ball at the top of the arc.

What followed illustrates the impatience Popovich was talking about: Green launched a quick 3-pointer, which Steven Adams swatted away.

“The play was not for me,” Green said. “It was for Kawhi and LaMarcus, but we couldn’t get them. We had to break it off and do something different.”

Popovich summed up the sequence tersely: “We didn’t execute it very well.”'

DarrinS
10-29-2015, 02:45 PM

"The last of their miscues came out of a timeout with 21.4 seconds left. Down by two, the Spurs found each of their first two options on the ensuing play covered – 1A and 1B were Leonard and Aldridge – and so Green ended up with the ball at the top of the arc.

What followed illustrates the impatience Popovich was talking about: Green launched a quick 3-pointer, which Steven Adams swatted away.

“The play was not for me,” Green said. “It was for Kawhi and LaMarcus, but we couldn’t get them. We had to break it off and do something different.”

Yeah, that play didn't look like it was drawn up at all. TGY is a retard.

DarrinS
10-29-2015, 02:46 PM
Maybe he wasn't trying to give out all our secrets? (As obvious as they are) :lol

Dumbass

BillMc
10-29-2015, 02:50 PM

Thanks for posting that. We'll execute better as the season goes on, but we should also give the Thunder props on d for taking away our first two options and for Adams making the good play. Okay, well I can't really give OKC props because I hate those guys...:lol

z0sa
10-29-2015, 02:51 PM
:lol thinking Danny was supposed to dribble on a setplay

TheGreatYacht
10-29-2015, 02:52 PM
Yeah, that play didn't look like it was drawn up at all. TGY is a retard.
Look old man, I know no one quotes you on here besides me because I'm the only one that responds to a senile wrinkled fuck like yourself. Seriously though, I could care less if you love to blow cock on your private time.. Just keep that gay shit away from me b

DarrinS
10-29-2015, 02:56 PM
Yeah, Danny was supposed to dribble around one screen and fire a brick with 12 seconds on the clock.

So obvious. :rolleyes

z0sa
10-29-2015, 02:59 PM
I agree it is in the running for being the worst shot taken by a Spur in a close game in a long time.

SpursforSix
10-29-2015, 03:01 PM
It did cause the defense to scramble. My guess is Pop was like, "If he makes it, we win. If he doesn't we have the rebound." He didn't have it, though. I would have screened with LMA instead, since they have to respect Aldridge's outside shot more than Duncan's.

I'm mostly just kidding. I don't think he saw the d coming until after he went up. Don't know if he had anyone he could have tried to pass too.

TheGreatYacht
10-29-2015, 03:03 PM
Yeah, Danny was supposed to dribble around one screen and fire a brick with 12 seconds on the clock.

So obvious. :rolleyes
Manu and Patty do it all the time, do they not?

Yeah, why shoot it so early when you're down :rolleyes

hater
10-29-2015, 03:05 PM
I been telling u nigas Danny just shot that terrible shot it was not drawn by Pop.

They were trying to get th balk to Kawhi. IMO Lamarcus didn't even enter the picture.

Green was too impatient. It was a terrible shot.

aal04
10-29-2015, 03:08 PM
fuk we only beat them 2 times in last 9 outings and we lost with KD shooting like 25%.

Westbrook is an absolute loose cannon. And I agree with SAS, Hes unguardable when hes on.

RD2191
10-29-2015, 03:13 PM
fuk we only beat them 2 times in last 9 outings and we lost with KD shooting like 25%.

Westbrook is an absolute loose cannon. And I agree with SAS, Hes unguardable when hes on.

That doesn't sound right. Could be wrong though.

BillMc
10-29-2015, 03:14 PM

Regular season only. We obviously beat them 4 times in the 2014 playoffs.

KDKSpurs24
10-29-2015, 03:37 PM
:lol thinking Danny was supposed to dribble on a setplay
This!

DMC
10-29-2015, 03:54 PM
It was a looooong off season for the NBA, gotta over value every game this month, then ignore the next two months like they don't exist (except Christmas of course).

random21
10-29-2015, 05:35 PM
They both didn't blow their loads yet.... Finally a reasonable segment

TheGoldStandard
10-29-2015, 05:55 PM
What I don't understand is why not just hold the ball because you have time and let either LMA or Kawhi come to the ball, set a screen and run the play that was supposed to be run.

Hoops Czar
10-29-2015, 05:56 PM

He was clearly fouled on that shot. Danny did a lousy job of selling it.

tholdren
10-29-2015, 06:12 PM
He was clearly fouled on that shot. Danny did a lousy job of selling it.
SMH

apalisoc_9
10-29-2015, 06:25 PM
Why do people watch these guys?

They're not analyzing basketball.

They're entertainers not Analyst.

HarlemHeat37
10-29-2015, 09:04 PM

Have to give them credit, though..despite having limited knowledge of sports, they're both making 3-4 mil per year, tbh:lol..gotta admire the charisma and self-marketing, it's unquestionably a rare talent..

Sean Cagney
10-29-2015, 09:21 PM

IDK man he had some shit plays drawn up last year late in games as well that made me say is that really what he drew up :lol Pop is great but sometimes he makes me wonder if he dreamed that play up right then and there and just said why not try it? That is not a high % play. I hope he is saving something for later with that draw up last night.

Kawhitstorm
10-29-2015, 09:39 PM

The issue here is why in the fuck was Danny in the game when Manu in an infinitely better option in those type of situation? It's no like a desperation 3 was need w/ 20 sec left & only down 2. Porker was on the floor but no where to be found either. Pop's rotation was terrible in the 2nd half. Replace Danny/Porker w/ Manu/Patty & you have 4 threats on the floor who can score from anywhere on the floor; Tim can set picks & roll to the rim or crash the offensive glass.

If Porker isn't going to be handing the ball then there is no reason to have him on the floor esp. when Kawhi/LMA need spacing when they are posting up or clearing the floor for isolation.

apalisoc_9
10-29-2015, 09:41 PM
Porker should have been the one inbound the ball. If the play brakes, it's imperative that it goes to someone that can run the PnR..Green is not that guy.

Was just a shitty playcall overall.

Kawhitstorm
10-29-2015, 09:57 PM
Porker should have been the one inbound the ball. If the play brakes, it's imperative that it goes to someone that can run the PnR..Green is not that guy.

Was just a shitty playcall overall.

The only reason to having Danny inbound the ball if they need a desperation 3 w/ 5 seconds remaining so he can catch & launch a 3 (ala Horry). I don't ever remember Porker inbound the ball b/c it always been Manu, Kawhi, Horry, Tim or Diaw. Pop usually wants a screener or a 3 point threat inbound the ball.

They should have hit them w/ that patented Manu inbounds the ball to Tim & runs toward the rim after faking out his defender as if he was going around the pick. I would like to see that w/ LMA/Kawhi since even if the defense reads it right, LMA will at worst have the ball 1-on-1 at his favorite spot.

SAGirl
10-29-2015, 10:31 PM

Basically, we don't want Danny freelancing on stuff. Its a reason why he hasn't consistently closed out games for us. One on one he has no moves, and doesn't make good decisions with the ball in his hands, he's a spot up shooter. He could have dished an improvised pnr with TD, which is what Manu kind of would have done, or Manu would have gone to the basket. Just something else other than that shot.

He will likely get other chances and will improve his decision making or he won't be closing out games, which is a problem bc you want him defensively. Just something else than what occurred.

dabom
10-29-2015, 11:00 PM
We need green in late game executions. He needs to be out there for experience. Manu had been taking all those minutes and we can't rely on manu for that anymore. We need to move forward at some time.

SpurPadre
10-29-2015, 11:04 PM

Their supporters are also Trump supporters. 'Nuff said.

Kawhitstorm
10-29-2015, 11:04 PM
He will likely get other chances and will improve his decision making or he won't be closing out games, which is a problem bc you want him defensively. Just something else than what occurred.

This was an end of game situation where he could have been subbed out. The mistake was that he shouldn't have been anywhere near the ball in non-catch-and-shoot situations where he has to read & react (which is usually what the player inbound the ball has to do). If he needs to stay on the floor for a final defensive possession then have a real play-maker handle the ball & still have Danny as a threat by running him off picks.

In any case, Pop was playing mad scientist in the 2nd half so we shouldn't be over-analyzing it.

apalisoc_9
10-29-2015, 11:05 PM
The only reason to having Danny inbound the ball if they need a desperation 3 w/ 5 seconds remaining so he can catch & launch a 3 (ala Horry). I don't ever remember Porker inbound the ball b/c it always been Manu, Kawhi, Horry, Tim or Diaw. Pop usually wants a screener or a 3 point threat inbound the ball.

They should have hit them w/ that patented Manu inbounds the ball to Tim & runs toward the rim after faking out his defender as if he was going around the pick. I would like to see that w/ LMA/Kawhi since even if the defense reads it right, LMA will at worst have the ball 1-on-1 at his favorite spot.

Yeah..I was talking specifically about that designed play

SpurPadre
10-29-2015, 11:07 PM
Basically, we don't want Danny freelancing on stuff. Its a reason why he hasn't consistently closed out games for us. One on one he has no moves, and doesn't make good decisions with the ball in his hands, he's a spot up shooter. He could have dished an improvised pnr with TD, which is what Manu kind of would have done, or Manu would have gone to the basket. Just something else other than that shot.

Didn't TP' s infamous staredown also happen when Green fucked up during the closing seconds of a game?

Kawhitstorm
10-29-2015, 11:11 PM
We need green in late game executions. He needs to be out there for experience. Manu had been taking all those minutes and we can't rely on manu for that anymore. We need to move forward at some time.

Kawhi should be the closer, Danny should just spot up or run off picks. The guy has been in the league for a minute & he still can't dribble in traffic nor does he have floor vision so you don't want him making decisions when the shot-clock is off. He's getting better at finishing at the basket so they could have him cutting w/o the ball.

Kawhitstorm
10-29-2015, 11:12 PM
Didn't TP' s infamous staredown also happen when Green fucked up during the closing seconds of a game?

He intentionally fouled Joe Johnson in a two possession game.

SpurPadre
10-29-2015, 11:16 PM

That wasn't according to plan. Pop was quite visibly pissed and told him to shut the fuck up.

Chinook
10-30-2015, 12:17 AM

It was Teletovic in a two-point game. An it worked out for the Spurs, as they stole the proceeding inbound. Then Manu jacked up a shot when Danny was open for the game-winner after he had been carrying them all night.

kobyz
10-30-2015, 01:10 AM
Yes that was one of the most sorry ass plays ever, but don't blame Grren, Green just doesn't have any feel for the game, overrated and overpaid player, can't dribble, unconventional jump shot that make him ultra stricky and hurt the team, can't see the game, don't understand situation on the moment and not react well, play too robotic, being too nice guy(with all his limitation you would expect this kind of player at least help the team with trying to get into players skin and head, but no, have to be soft, too cute guy that play over clean)...

kaji157
10-30-2015, 01:31 AM
This is why ginobili used to get a lot of balls late game. He is one of the few who creates on the fly. Tim said a lot of times that broken plays where ginobili s to fix.