PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi Leonard: "I'm just trying to pass Tim Duncan.........."

apalisoc_9
10-29-2015, 08:58 PM
“I’m just trying to pass Tim Duncan in championships if I can one day. That’s my motivation, that’s what I strive for. Tim is one of the greatest players who has ever played, so if I could get close or reach that plateau and have my name on that list ...”

:cry

TheGreatYacht
10-29-2015, 08:59 PM
Now if only he could pass to Tim Duncan.

spurraider21
10-29-2015, 08:59 PM
:lol

SuperCam
10-29-2015, 09:04 PM

this, tbh:tu

apalisoc_9
10-29-2015, 09:16 PM
like i said this guy just wants to win so badly

unlike the other clowns on the team who are just happy with whatever they already got and continue to collect paychecks

when your in position as a contender to win more, shouldnt u be striving to win more instead of just making up the numbers and failing in the playoffs? then whats the point of building a contending roster and wasting millions..

i dont get the nba teams mentality compared to those top soccer clubs, shouldnt u be aiming to win the title every year? maybe there should be an incentive for winning the championship like bigger prize money or better profit sharing of tv revenue for that season...

SpurPadre
10-29-2015, 09:30 PM
You'd have two rings by now if you hit one more free throw a couple years ago, Kawhizilla but it's all good, I believe you'll get there!

Clipper Nation
10-29-2015, 09:34 PM

unlike the other clowns on the team who are just happy with whatever they already got and continue to collect paychecks

when your in position as a contender to win more, shouldnt u be striving to win more instead of just making up the numbers and failing in the playoffs? then whats the point of building a contending roster and wasting millions..

i dont get the nba teams mentality compared to those top soccer clubs, shouldnt u be aiming to win the title every year? maybe there should be an incentive for winning the championship like bigger prize money or better profit sharing of tv revenue for that season...

LongtimeSpursFan
10-29-2015, 09:35 PM

GreggPopAsnitch
10-29-2015, 09:37 PM
When did he say this? Lol

100%duncan
10-29-2015, 09:41 PM
Kawhi living rent-free in catkrew's minds

Kawhi :worthy:

SuperCam
10-29-2015, 09:42 PM
Nice sig, David :tu

illusioNtEk
10-29-2015, 10:15 PM
KL energy will energize everyone eles... talk about motivation this guy brings!

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-29-2015, 10:23 PM
didnt enrique costs him and duncan a ring with his jealous shenanigans?
:lol alright tdmvp you're having too much fun

Mikeanaro
10-29-2015, 10:24 PM
At least Bryonard is more relevant than Meonard.

daslicer
10-29-2015, 11:00 PM
OP with Kool like misleading titles. OP where is the link to that quote?

FkLA
10-29-2015, 11:01 PM
Kawhigod just has that drive. Some players are more concerned with things like sleeping with teammates wives but this nigga just wants to be great. He's improved his body/shot more in a few short years than a certain overweight PG has in his entire career.

He will be an MVP within 5 yrs tbh.

hater
10-29-2015, 11:04 PM

:lol :lmao :lol :lol

Kool Bob Love
10-29-2015, 11:06 PM
He'll never win 4 without Duncan holding his hand.

daslicer
10-29-2015, 11:07 PM
OP with Kool like misleading titles. OP where is the link to that quote?

I'm surprised I was wrong and that was a legit quote the OP posted. OP is a lazy ass he could have posted the link to the quote. Anyways here it is http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2015/oct/27/kawhi-leonard-spurs-contract-sdsu/

K...
10-29-2015, 11:08 PM
Borderline delusional, but hey, that's the spirit

. I was referring to op, kawhi is saying mvp type things which is good

Kool Bob Love
10-29-2015, 11:10 PM
man had the spurs the real 5th ring,

kawhi would be sitting on 2rings 2fmvp?? or that 12/13 fmvp goes to green?

Kawhi would have had 2. Choking it away at the line smh.

he took one out of the case along with Duncan's 4 finals MVP that selfish fuck.

K...
I'm surprised I was wrong and that was a legit quote the OP posted. OP is a lazy ass he could have posted the link to the quote. Anyways here it is http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2015/oct/27/kawhi-leonard-spurs-contract-sdsu/

Do you wonder if the do daily searches for pro kawhi and anti Parker articles? They always seem to uncover the weirdest most marginal blogs..

Kool Bob Love
why u think the pos sign 3 more years with the spurs when they started to be a contender again? this pos is nothing more then an opportunists coatrider

Kawhi begged him to stay. Read between the lines Kent.

daslicer
10-29-2015, 11:15 PM
Do you wonder if the do daily searches for pro kawhi and anti Parker articles? They always seem to uncover the weirdest most marginal blogs..

I would say yes they probably spend a lot of time to find whatever blogs or articles that support their agenda but this could also be said about all player fans. Players fans are garbage period.

dabom
10-29-2015, 11:28 PM
Kawhi is the last person to talk. He lets his game do the talking. Fucking stud. :lobt2:

larrychen21
10-29-2015, 11:34 PM
Unless Timmy retires...he won't pass Timmy no matter how many rings Spurs win. Timmy would get as many rings as Kawhi gets

Kool Bob Love
10-29-2015, 11:35 PM
Kawhi is the last person to talk. He lets his game do the talking. Fucking stud. :lobt2:

Hes been doing more talking than winning this season. That dumbass needs to shut up already.

dabom
10-29-2015, 11:36 PM
Unless Timmy retires...he won't pass Timmy no matter how many rings Spurs win. Timmy would get as many rings as Kawhi gets

Do you expect Tim to never retire? Explain please. I love Tim but this logic. :lol

Kool Bob Love
10-29-2015, 11:38 PM
Do you expect Tim to never retire? Explain please. I love Tim but this logic. :lol

Kawhi isn't winning four without Duncan you dumbass.

TheGreatYacht
10-29-2015, 11:41 PM
These are the same idiots who call Duncan a "role player stat padder like Kevin Love"

They'll never appreciate Timmy's greatness until he's gone smh

TheGreatYacht
10-29-2015, 11:45 PM
These are the same idiots who call Duncan a "role player stat padder like Kevin Love"

lol porker krew stirring shit again
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244737&page=8&highlight=Duncan+stat+padder+love

Dont quote me anymore b. Here's your proof

dabom
10-29-2015, 11:47 PM

It's a better goal than stuffing yourself like a fat fuck and fuck your teammates' wifes. :lmao

Kool Bob Love
10-29-2015, 11:53 PM
It's a better goal than stuffing yourself like a fat fuck and fuck your teammates' wifes. :lmao

http://static.basket-infos.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Tony-Parker1.jpg

Kool Bob Love
10-29-2015, 11:54 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244737&page=8&highlight=Duncan+stat+padder+love

Dont quote me anymore b. Here's your proof

damn. Thread is overall awful. And he got expose too. L's to the face.

DeRozan m8
10-29-2015, 11:54 PM

So rent free on your avs, faggot

dabom
10-29-2015, 11:56 PM

Prime Duncan. Prime Manu. Prime Pop. Prime Speedy. Rookie Boobie. Prime Patty. Not-even-at-his-Prime KAwhi. :lmao

Kool Bob Love
10-29-2015, 11:58 PM
So rent free on your avs, faggot

He can put whatever he wants as his avy, fuck you gonna do about?

DeRozan m8
10-30-2015, 12:00 AM
He can put whatever he wants as his avy, fuck you gonna do about?

Nothing but laugh, shows what a cut bitch he is tbh

Its actually funny

milkyway21
10-30-2015, 12:39 AM

Agree.

Even the 2014 title..he won MVP but it was Timmy who made it possible for the Spurs to win one.

dabom
10-30-2015, 12:43 AM
Agree.

Even the 2014 title..he won MVP but it was Timmy who made it possible for the Spurs to win one.

I don't think anyone said Duncan wasn't the best player for the Spurs for the 2014 playoffs. Making up an agenda. We even had debates on who the second best player was between manu and kawhi. ElNono can vouch for that.

Please lets not make things up. :lol

milkyway21
10-30-2015, 12:49 AM
I don't think anyone said Duncan wasn't the best player for the Spurs for the 2014 playoffs. Making up an agenda. We even had debates on who the second best player was between manu and kawhi. ElNono can vouch for that.

Please lets not make things up. :lol

So to count Kawhi's championships to pass Duncan let's start from zero? cool with me :D
Duncan- 5
Kawhi - 0

dabom
10-30-2015, 12:52 AM
So to count Kawhi's championships to pass Duncan let's start from zero? cool with me :D
Duncan- 5
Kawhi - 0

We ain't winning 5 without Kawhi though. :lol

dabom
10-30-2015, 12:53 AM
Duncan retires long time ago without Kawhi. The whole 2012-1015 run had been mostly Kawhi and Duncan.

Clipper Nation
10-30-2015, 12:55 AM

Why do you keep spamming that picture of Porker trying to take four trophies out of the case? Especially when you hated Porker until recently?

dabom
10-30-2015, 12:57 AM
Why do you keep spamming that picture of Porker trying to take four trophies out of the case? Especially when you hated Porker until recently?

:lmao

Sean Cagney
10-30-2015, 12:57 AM
You'd have two rings by now if you hit one more free throw a couple years ago, Kawhizilla but it's all good, I believe you'll get there!I love Manu but he missed a huge FT that game too man :( If either one makes one they win the series but that is the past now and they got revenge so it's all good. That was motivation.

I like Kawhis drive though, he wants to be one of the best and that is nothing but good for the team.

SuperCam
10-30-2015, 12:58 AM
Great sig, David :tu

milkyway21
10-30-2015, 01:04 AM
I love that kid Kawhi, I am a fan, but let us not forget Kawhi was 1 FT away short, denied Duncan 1 more ring in 2013... :)

dabom
10-30-2015, 01:09 AM
it=dabom;8241499]Duncan retires long time ago without Kawhi. The whole 2012-1015 run had been mostly Kawhi and Duncan.

I love that kid Kawhi, I am a fan, but let us not forget Kawhi was 1 FT away short, denied Duncan 1 more ring in 2013... :)[/QUOTE]

I remember tony missed one late in that game too. He also missed 17 shots. That's the equivalent of 34 free throws. Who really denied Duncan?

Kawhi was the 2nd best player that series behind Duncan. Let's not make stuff up like Kawhi denied anyone. We wouldn't be there if it wasn't for him.

SpurPadre
10-30-2015, 01:10 AM
I love Manu but he missed a huge FT that game too man :( If either one makes one they win the series but that is the past now and they got revenge so it's all good. That was motivation.

I like Kawhis drive though, he wants to be one of the best and that is nothing but good for the team.

Definitely, when all is said and done, he'll be worthy of belonging to our MT. Spursmore of TD, Admiral, Manu, TP, and Gervin

Sean Cagney
10-30-2015, 01:12 AM
Definitely, when all is said and done, he'll be worthy of belonging to our MT. Spursmore of TD, Admiral, Manu, TP, and Gervin
I hope so man, if so that only benefits us as fans because the Spurs will be in good hands for years. He looked hungry that first game and even looked very confident at the line very late in the game with the FT's, dude looks like he is ready so lets hope he is.

rasuo214
10-30-2015, 01:18 AM
I love that kid Kawhi, I am a fan, but let us not forget Kawhi was 1 FT away short, denied Duncan 1 more ring in 2013... :)

Duncan, Manu, Kawhi, Diaw, and Splitter all missed a FT in that game (Parker missed 1 in OT). Duncan cost himself a championship just as much as Kawhi did and I'm sure Duncan feels the same way and I'm sure Manu feels like his missed FT and all those TOs cost us the game etc. It's easy to place blame, hard to win, they won the following year. No one is perfect but how you respond is what matters and our guys responded in a positive way. That's all you can hope for as a fan.

As for this thread I'd love for Kawhi to get 5 (obviously) and I'm sure he'd have no problem if all of them were with Timmy.

dabom
10-30-2015, 01:21 AM
Duncan, Manu, Kawhi, Diaw, and Splitter all missed a FT in that game (Parker missed 1 in OT). Duncan cost himself a championship just as much as Kawhi did and I'm sure Duncan feels the same way and I'm sure Manu feels like his missed FT and all those TOs cost us the game etc. It's easy to place blame, hard to win, they won the following year. No one is perfect but how you respond is what matters and our guys responded in a positive way. That's all you can hope for as a fan.

As for this thread I'd love for Kawhi to get 5 (obviously) and I'm sure he'd have no problem if all of them were with Timmy.

I edit that. Tony missed in overtime.

3:08
Kawhi Leonard makes 9-foot jumper (Boris Diaw assists)
99-97

2:50
Kawhi Leonard personal foul (Ray Allen draws the foul)
99-97

2:44

99-97
Dwyane Wade bad pass (Tony Parker steals)

2:42

99-97
Ray Allen shooting foul (Tony Parker draws the foul)

Tony Parker misses free throw 1 of 2
99-97

Spurs offensive team rebound
99-97

Tony Parker makes free throw 2 of 2
100-97

Fucking choker. :lmao

spurraider21
10-30-2015, 01:22 AM
nice sig :toast

boutons_deux
10-30-2015, 04:57 AM
Prime Duncan. Prime Manu. Prime Pop. Prime Speedy. Rookie Boobie. Prime Patty. Not-even-at-his-Prime KAwhi. :lmao

Speedy? :lol

ILoveOranges
10-30-2015, 07:01 AM
When did he say this? Lol

Here's the article he found this from. These guys like quoting things they read without providing the actual article.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/3qqubu/kawhi_leonard_a_rich_man_not_a_changed_man/

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2015/oct/27/kawhi-leonard-spurs-contract-sdsu/

Notice how positive the guys on Reddit are. There's nothing about Parker when they comment about Kawhi, and unlike the strange Lakers guys on this forum, people on other teams are genuinely impressed and happy for others.

Kidd K
10-30-2015, 08:18 AM
didnt enrique costs him and duncan a ring with his jealous shenanigans?

I think you mean Ginobili's nightmarishly shitty game 6 cost him and Duncan a ring. Dude played like shit the whole series besides game 5 and I knew that would mean Pop would leave him in way too long even as he continued to shit himself over and over and that's exactly what happened. "Enrique" at least played mediocre by having 8 assists and ZERO turnovers with only one foul as opposed to 3 and 8 with 4 fouls and a choked late 4th quarter FTA brick.

Too bad Duncan's man mode 30/17/62% that game went to waste.

dabom
10-30-2015, 08:21 AM
Speedy? :lol

cd98
10-30-2015, 08:30 AM

Tim looked like he wanted it more in the playoffs last year. Kawhi looked like he thought they only play 3 games.

jsandiego
10-30-2015, 12:59 PM
man had the spurs the real 5th ring,

kawhi would be sitting on 2rings 2fmvp?? or that 12/13 fmvp goes to green?
I thought I remembered reading that the votes showed Duncan was set to take home the FMVP in 2013 until [redacted from memory].

bic50
10-30-2015, 01:33 PM
it=dabom;8241499]Duncan retires long time ago without Kawhi. The whole 2012-1015 run had been mostly Kawhi and Duncan.

I love that kid Kawhi, I am a fan, but let us not forget Kawhi was 1 FT away short, denied Duncan 1 more ring in 2013... :)[/QUOTE]
Of all the b.s that happened in that game even the whole series, blaming our 21 year old 2nd year player in his very first finals also having to guard lebron is pretty stupid. Parker, manu, even some stupid decisions from pop had alot more to do with it.

bic50
10-30-2015, 01:35 PM
Hes been doing more talking than winning this season. That dumbass needs to shut up already.
May be time you take you're own advice. Scrub.

SanAntonioSpurs23
10-30-2015, 01:57 PM
:lol he will never match Duncan.

HI-FI
10-30-2015, 02:10 PM
Kawhigod just has that drive. Some players are more concerned with things like sleeping with teammates wives but this nigga just wants to be great. He's improved his body/shot more in a few short years than a certain overweight PG has in his entire career.

He will be an MVP within 5 yrs tbh.
This.

peacemaker885
10-30-2015, 02:23 PM
Everyone, including TP knows KL is the alpha now. All we need is just a bit more time to be cohesive. We will get there. LA is still playing like he doesn't want to offend anyone. As the big 3 said, Pop puts you in a box - and its up to you to come out of that box and take charge. It took Kawhi 5 years to get over that hump. He's here now.

K...
10-30-2015, 02:25 PM
Of all the b.s that happened in that game even the whole series, blaming our 21 year old 2nd year player in his very first finals also having to guard lebron is pretty stupid. Parker, manu, even some stupid decisions from pop had alot more to do with it.[/QUOTE]

But don't people bring up speedy clax on the regular basis? Oh no, we must protect the chosen player of destiny from all criticism.....

bic50
10-30-2015, 02:29 PM
:lol he will never match Duncan.
No surprise coming from another kawhi hater. Atleast he's trying to chase duncan and not jordan.

bic50
10-30-2015, 02:43 PM
Of all the b.s that happened in that game even the whole series, blaming our 21 year old 2nd year player in his very first finals also having to guard lebron is pretty stupid. Parker, manu, even some stupid decisions from pop had alot more to do with it.

But don't people bring up speedy clax on the regular basis? Oh no, we must protect the chosen player of destiny from all criticism.....[/QUOTE]
How is that even remotely the same? Not saying it wasn't one of the reasons we lost, but we all saw that game, there were plenty of factors involved. But some are trying to give KL all the blame which is stupid. But no surprise those who do also don't really want give him any credit for 2014 finals.

ajh18
10-30-2015, 02:44 PM
No surprise coming from another kawhi hater. Atleast he's trying to chase duncan and not jordan.

I don't know if he's a "Kawhi hater" but saying Kawhi won't pass Duncan isn't indicative of hating KL at all. He might as well say he's trying to pass Jordan. That's basically the level of career we're talking about. 20 years of all-star level play. 5 championships. The ultimate leader and team player.

I don't mind that being Kawhi's goal because I think it'll push him to greater heights. But as good as he is, it's doubtful he'll have a top-five all-time career like Tim has. Hell, only one guy in the league right now is even sniffing that level, and Lebron isn't at Tim's level career-wise yet.

TheGreatYacht
10-30-2015, 02:45 PM
I don't know if he's a "Kawhi hater" but saying Kawhi won't pass Duncan isn't indicative of hating KL at all. He might as well say he's trying to pass Jordan. That's basically the level of career we're talking about. 20 years of all-star level play. 5 championships. The ultimate leader and team player.

I don't mind that being Kawhi's goal because I think it'll push him to greater heights. But as good as he is, it's doubtful he'll have a top-five all-time career like Tim has. Hell, only one guy in the league right now is even sniffing that level, and Lebron isn't at Tim's level career-wise yet.
:cry if you don't think Kawhi will be a Top 5 player all time, u are a h8r! :cry

Kobestans and Kiwistans get more and more alike each day. First they discredit the big man who carries them, then they don't care about assists as long as their players gets his, and now this :lol the hater shaming

RD2191
10-30-2015, 02:47 PM

What a stupid fucking take. You should stop posting. Kawhi is the reason Tim isn't retired. Fuck outta here with your trash takes.

SanAntonioSpurs23
10-30-2015, 02:55 PM

I'm not a Kawhi hater faggot. I just dont think he's a franchise player.

K...
10-30-2015, 02:59 PM
I love that kid Kawhi, I am a....

What a stupid fucking take. You should stop posting. Kawhi is the reason Tim isn't retired. Fuck outta here with your trash takes.

Why is it stupid Rob? Use words not insults.

I'll use words: it's stupid because it's irrelevant. Just like speedy Claxton and Brent Barry is irrelevant. It's irrelevant because is not the total evidence of whether a player is good or bad. Both kawhi and Parker are good players. One it's tosb and one it's peak but that's irrelevant when judging careers.

bic50
10-30-2015, 03:07 PM

I call him a kawhi hater from other posts I've seen. Doesn't really have anything positive to say about kawhi, mostly just negative, pretty clear they don't really care for him. Thats why it was of no surprise to me. What Im saying is having Tim success as a goal tells me kawhi will follow tims example. Trying to lead by example, constantly working on his game trying to improve, staying humble and coachable, being a great teammate, contribute at the highest level both sides of the floor, etc. Jordan was known to be an asshole, guys like kobe followed his example and isn't exactly known to be the best teammate or very coachable at all. I agree, he may not ever come close to duncan and thats fine but Id rather it be tim he's chasing and not jordan.

bic50
10-30-2015, 03:08 PM
I'm not a Kawhi hater faggot. I just dont think he's a franchise player.
Bullsh*t

HarlemHeat37
10-30-2015, 03:13 PM
Kawhi: "I want to win more than 5 championships for the Spurs"

Spurs fans: "What an idiot, he'll never pass Timmy, fuck him!"

:lol smh..

RD2191
10-30-2015, 03:14 PM
Why is it stupid Rob? Use words not insults.

I'll use words: it's stupid because it's irrelevant. Just like speedy Claxton and Brent Barry is irrelevant. It's irrelevant because is not the total evidence of whether a player is good or bad. Both kawhi and Parker are good players. One it's tosb and one it's peak but that's irrelevant when judging careers.

Please don't quote me, faggot.

SanAntonioSpurs23
10-30-2015, 03:18 PM
Bullsh*t

I know it's hard to believe, but some of us are actually fans of the team not just certain players. Sorry I'm not swallowing Leonard's load like the rest of these faggots.

RD2191
10-30-2015, 03:25 PM
I know it's hard to believe, but some of us are actually fans of the team not just certain players. Sorry I'm not swallowing Leonard's load like the rest of these faggots.

Lol. Sup nolyfescrub? 80th alt?

TheGreatYacht
10-30-2015, 03:28 PM
:wow ....

bic50
10-30-2015, 03:33 PM
:cry if you don't think Kawhi will be a Top 5 player all time, u are a h8r! :cry

Kobestans and Kiwistans get more and more alike each day. First they discredit the big man who carries them, then they don't care about assists as long as their players gets his, and now this :lol the hater shaming
Look at your avi dumbass. How are you not a hater? There's no in between with you dumbphucks, Im called a kiwistan because I don't feel the need to shit on one of our best players for no damn reason? I don't see kawhi do anything to garner hate. Unlike you, Im actually a real fan of this team, as a real fan I can appreciate how good this franchise has been for over a decade because of Tim, Tp, Manu,Pop and I can appreciate when one of young players is putting in work trying to get better to try and continue that success, rather then being a lazy drama queen. This garbage Im seeing from you clowns is odd as f8ck. I don't get it.

ajh18
10-30-2015, 03:37 PM
What Im saying is having Tim success as a goal tells me kawhi will follow tims example. Trying to lead by example, constantly working on his game trying to improve, staying humble and coachable, being a great teammate, contribute at the highest level both sides of the floor, etc. Jordan was known to be an asshole, guys like kobe followed his example and isn't exactly known to be the best teammate or very coachable at all. I agree, he may not ever come close to duncan and thats fine but Id rather it be tim he's chasing and not jordan.

Totally agree with this, and it's how I read Kawhi's comments too. I love that Duncan is the guy who he sees as "one of the greatest ever" and wants to aspire to. No better role model, and no better guy to follow him.

bic50
10-30-2015, 03:38 PM
I don't recall you ever posting anything positive about that dude, nothing but negative sh*t. I guess posting something as simple as "kawhi had a great game tonight" is now considered swallowing leonards load now.

tholdren
10-30-2015, 03:42 PM
Kawhi: "I want to win more than 5 championships for the Spurs"

Spurs fans: "What an idiot, he'll never pass Timmy, fuck him!"

:lol smh..

Kind of. But where is kl WINNING the game?

bic50
10-30-2015, 03:48 PM
Totally agree with this, and it's how I read Kawhi's comments too. I love that Duncan is the guy who he sees as "one of the greatest ever" and wants to aspire to. No better role model, and no better guy to follow him.
Tim should be seen as an example by ton of the nba players imho.

bic50
10-30-2015, 04:02 PM
Kind of. But where is kl WINNING the game?
I've seen TD, manu,Tp have monster games in their younger days and the spurs still lose. Sometimes it simply comes down to not enough contribution from teammates or the other team was just better.

SAGirl
10-30-2015, 07:00 PM
kawhi is saying mvp type things which is good

Yea he won't get far without ambition. It's fine to aspire, and he's just 24, the best of his years (if healthy God bless him) are still to come.

Raven
10-30-2015, 07:02 PM

SAGirl
10-30-2015, 07:02 PM
Here's the article he found this from. These guys like quoting things they read without providing the actual article.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/3qqubu/kawhi_leonard_a_rich_man_not_a_changed_man/

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2015/oct/27/kawhi-leonard-spurs-contract-sdsu/

Notice how positive the guys on Reddit are. There's nothing about Parker when they comment about Kawhi, and unlike the strange Lakers guys on this forum, people on other teams are genuinely impressed and happy for others.
True sportsmanship is also in enjoying watching the competition. Makes it more fun and formidable when you take down a very good foe, as well as recognizing when another team was just THAT good a particular game or year.

K...
10-30-2015, 07:08 PM
DUNCAN IS NOT TOP 5 OF ALL-TIME

Fuck you with the rustiest tools known to the hick farmers who will take turns sodomizing you and throw your limp body on Kobe Bryant's doorstep.

Obstructed_View
10-30-2015, 07:12 PM
I saw, "I'm just trying to pass" and I thought, nope.

cjw
10-30-2015, 07:52 PM

You bring up a great point - incentives for winning the title would be great. Playoff shares are total crap right now. Imagine if you got compensated based on total regular season wins on top of salary. Basketball related income allocated to players is about $75mm per team. Imagine if that were cut to $65mm and the other $10mm were allocated based on performance ($300mm):

$2mm to each player who wins a title ($30mm vs. current playoff share of $4mm)
$1mm to each player losing in finals
$500k to each player losing in conference finals
$250k to second round losers, $125k to first round losers

That leaves $210 million of that $300mm to split based on regular season games. Per win, that equates to $171k (or $11+k per player per win). You could also create a formula based on blowouts vs. close games to further incentivize players to give it their all. That by no means is chump change, even to these guys.

Union would never go for it, as it would be unfair to guys drafted to (stuck on) teams that stunk.

On the other note, the playing field in soccer is a little more uneven. While FIFA has instituted some fair play rules when it comes to overspending to buy players, there are typically 2 to 5 teams in each of the major domestic leagues with a shot of winning each year given the enormous differences in what teams net. The NBA has a salary cap and a player distribution system (the draft). If it weren't for the Champions League, soccer might lose a ton of viewers.

SanAntonioSpurs23
10-30-2015, 09:10 PM
Lol. Sup nolyfescrub? 80th alt?

Nigga, I'm not No Lyfe